• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i got a raikou to check.

Pokemon Species: Raikou
Nickname: Yannick
OT: Lilly
IDno: 57912
Shiny?: Yes
EV's: no EVs
IV's: 6 31 IVs
Nature: Naughty
Characteristic: plenty of siestas
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Parabolic Charge, Grass Knot, Hidden Power, and Nuzzle
Level Caught at: GTS trade lvl 50
Current Level: 50
HP: 165
Attack: 115
Defense: 95
Sp. Atk.: 135
Sp. Def.: 108
Speed: 135
Location Caught: far away
Egg?: no
Pokeball Caught In: ultraball
Any other notes?: a GTS trade for my 5iv vulpix.
moves spark, reflect, crunch, thunderfang

it seems legit as far as moves go. thought the combo of naughty nature and 6IVs is a bit suspect. i wouldnt mind using it online even if its not the best nature.

Naemeria

Pokémon Breeder
i got a raikou to check.

Pokemon Species: Raikou
Nickname: Yannick
OT: Lilly
IDno: 57912
Shiny?: Yes
EV's: no EVs
IV's: 6 31 IVs
Nature: Naughty
Characteristic: plenty of siestas
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Parabolic Charge, Grass Knot, Hidden Power, and Nuzzle
Level Caught at: GTS trade lvl 50
Current Level: 50
HP: 165
Attack: 115
Defense: 95
Sp. Atk.: 135
Sp. Def.: 108
Speed: 135
Location Caught: far away
Egg?: no
Pokeball Caught In: ultraball
Any other notes?: a GTS trade for my 5iv vulpix.
moves spark, reflect, crunch, thunderfang

it seems legit as far as moves go. thought the combo of naughty nature and 6IVs is a bit suspect. i wouldnt mind using it online even if its not the best nature.
I assume the location caught is "a far away place"? That'd mean this is a hack.

ho-oh tajra

Brazilian Trainer

A far away place means it is a pokémon from ORAS in a XY save file.

FlameWolf

This Dedenne looks fine to me. It looks like someone was breeding Dedenne and hatched a shiny one. Unless the OT is a known hacker I'd say it's legit.

Thank you for your help!! I wasn't too sure as even though everything was pretty legit could mean it was a hack.

nel3

Crimson Dragon

A far away place means it is a pokémon from ORAS in a XY save file.

it is from ORAS. i know you can catch the 3 dogs there legit. the perfect IVs and shiny are suspicious. i can see it being a SR that gave 6IV with bad nature but the shiny reset is suspicious in that case. im guessing i cant use it online then. regardless, i didnt give my best IV'd vulpix on GTS for the raikou. i still have 3 6IV flashfires left for extra legendaries on GTS should i need them.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I know that. That's why I said it. A shiny flawless legendary is like 99.9% certainly a hack.

ty for the reply, the confusion was on my side of the monitor.

this would make it my 2nd hack i got on GTS, previous 6v Suicune i still have. and my 2nd shiny raikou, of which the 1st was legit.

1kipper

Hi I have a shiny regigigas. It says it's from johto but I thought regigigas would be sinnoh. Am I correct in thinking it's a hack

Miss Alexis

Event Collector :)
Hi I have a shiny regigigas. It says it's from johto but I thought regigigas would be sinnoh. Am I correct in thinking it's a hack

This is definately a hack, as Regigigas is not obtainable in HG/SS

wasn't regigigas shiny locked in gen IV? If I'm not mistaken most if not all event legendaries were shiny locked in gen IV.

The only shiny locked in the 4th Gen games is Celebi. All else has a slim chance of being shiny.

1kipper

Thanks, wasn't the reply I wanted but it was the one I expected

Strytho

Tactical Breeder
This is definately a hack, as Regigigas is not obtainable in HG/SS

The only shiny locked in the 4th Gen games is Celebi. All else has a slim chance of being shiny.

What about hall of origins arceus? Is he shiny locked? Got one awhile back and I always wondered about it.

Kevin24

Event Collector
all hall of origin arceus are hacks no matter what since the flute was never released. it can be shiny but it's never legal cause of the flute not being released

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Quick question. I don't know how the Pokemon Dream Radar works, so... is it possible to get a level 5 Regenerator Ho-oh in a Premier Ball? I'd follow the format, if I knew anything about the Ho-oh other than level, species, supposed ability, and captured ball. The game seems to say no (trade got blocked). And my instincts also say no. But I'm curious.

SpiredMoth

HA Merchant
Level is fine if transferred to a game with no badges, but I'm pretty sure everything from Dream Radar comes in a Dream Ball.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
The Pokemon you get from the Dream Radar is like an event, right? A guy gives it to you in the Pokemon Center?

SpiredMoth

HA Merchant
According to Bulbapedia, they're sent straight to the Box.

devilmonkey

ROWROWFightDaPOWAH
Level is fine if transferred to a game with no badges, but I'm pretty sure everything from Dream Radar comes in a Dream Ball.

Correct on both points
Are we sure about this? I know that female Fossil pokemon could be caught through dream radar with their hidden abilities, but they can also be caught in alternate balls (ex Kabuto in Luxury Ball, Lileep in Nest Ball, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.