• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
It mostly comes down to if you know how to rng tbh as well to know what truly can be shiny match with nature with 4th gen and below games which bold 6 iv. I am pretty sure a 6 iv bold would be a hack because that spread doesn't exist in the game program for heartgold and soulsilver, its been awhile since I rnged though on 4th gen in general which someone correct me if I am wrong that rngs 4th gen but your spot on the money for unova and 6th gen though ;)

For encounter RNG, no. Only Modest, Timid, Docile (pff) and Calm can be IV 31 all in Generation IV. Shiniess is easy if you know what nature + IV spread you're going for.
For breeding, any nature is possible with ANY IV spread.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Just got it today from WT..... it says it was bred and hatched today.... and is level 100 so I'm suspicious.

Pokemon Species: Azumarill
Nickname: N/A
OT: David
OT Gender: ? the pokemon is female
IDno: 31775
Shiny?: Yes
EV's: (if known)um....... what?
IV's: (if known) ^?
Nature: Adamant
Characteristic: capable of taking hits
Ability: Huge Power
Moves: Play Rough, Waterfall, Aqua Jet, Knock Off
Level Caught at: egg
Current Level: 100
Stats: Attack 218, Defense 196, sp atack 139, sp defense 196, speed 140
Location Caught: Battle Resort hatched
Egg?: yes
Pokeball Caught In: pokeball
Any other notes?:

Last edited:

Miss Alexis

Event Collector :)
Just got it today from WT..... it says it was bred and hatched today.... and is level 100 so I'm suspicious.

Any other notes?:

You can check the EVs in Super Training and you can check its IVs at the Pokemon Center at the Battle Maison
Otherwise this OT and ID Combination seems very suspicious, and even more suspicious that it came from wonder trade, already evolved and at full level. We can safely assume that this Pokemon is a hack.

Reisuke

Apparently i died
U

Any other notes?:

I bet that when you check it's IVs you'll get something around 31/31/31/XX/31/31. But anyway date doesn't really matter much since that can be changed. And hack. Nobody gives away legit flawless shinies through WT

Koumashiki

ポケモントレーナーになる?
I bought an old Y cartridge, the former owner didn't delete the old save file and I found lots of shiny legendaries, but most of them are really suspicious, so I want to check a few that I still doubt.

Pokemon Species: Darkrai
Nickname: No
OT: Azumi
OT Gender: white
IDno: 51482
Shiny?: yes
EV's: N/A
IV's: perfect
Nature: Timid
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Ability: Bad Dreams
Moves: Hypnosis, Feint Attack, Nightmare, Double Team.
Level Caught at: n/a
Current Level: 50
Stats: 92/110/155/110/159
Location Caught: Sinnoh
Egg?: no
Pokeball Caught In: Luxury Ball
Any other notes?: the only one that seems to be legit but the perfect ivs really bother me. And also Luxury Ball...

Pokemon Species: Reshiram
Nickname: no
OT: SPR2012
IDno: 03102
Shiny?: no
EV's: (n/a
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Ability: Turboblaze
Moves: Blue Flare, Fusion Flare, Mist, Draco Meteor
Stats: 248/236/369/276/216
Location Caught: Unova
Pokeball Caught In: red ball (I forgot the name)
Any other notes?: The former owner seems to have it through trading with someone else. It has only 3 box markings, and normally it should mark the stats with 31, but when I check it has all stats perfect. It has the wishing ribbon.

DGFT

I have a question that is not exactly a hack check, but I don't know a better place to ask (if there is a place Please tell me).
I just got a 6 iv shiny japanese Ditto from GTS... for a Chimchar. I won't even bother ask if it is hacked. My doubt is, if I use it for breeding, will the offspring be considered hacked or illegal? Is it down to personal preference? Thanks!

DX 2401PT

Monitor
I bought an old Y cartridge, the former owner didn't delete the old save file and I found lots of shiny legendaries, but most of them are really suspicious, so I want to check a few that I still doubt.

Pokemon Species: Darkrai
Nickname: No
OT: Azumi
IDno: 51482
EV's: N/A
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Ability: Bad Dreams
Moves: Hypnosis, Feint Attack, Nightmare, Double Team.
Stats: 92/110/155/110/159
Location Caught: Sinnoh
Pokeball Caught In: Luxury Ball
Any other notes?: the only one that seems to be legit but the perfect ivs really bother me. And also Luxury Ball...

Pokemon Species: Reshiram
Nickname: no
OT: SPR2012
IDno: 03102
Shiny?: no
EV's: (n/a
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Ability: Turboblaze
Moves: Blue Flare, Fusion Flare, Mist, Draco Meteor
Stats: 248/236/369/276/216
Location Caught: Unova
Pokeball Caught In: red ball (I forgot the name)
Any other notes?: The former owner seems to have it through trading with someone else. It has only 3 box markings, and normally it should mark the stats with 31, but when I check it has all stats perfect. It has the wishing ribbon.

I don't see anything wrong with the Darkrai. Timid IV 31 all is possible in Generation IV. And even without having access to the event location, it's apparently legal to use a cheating device to gain access. Or maybe it's from Diamond or Pearl, in which case you can use tweaking to get to Darkrai and then RNG there. Not sure if RNGing can be done at the same time as tweaking, but it could be what happened. And for Luxury Ball... it can be done. Just a bit hard and annoying.

For Reshiram, I think it was the Reshiram/Zekrom giveaway for Black and White, where Black got Zekrom and White got Reshiram. Not sure, though. And in a generation where RNG is so easy, IV 31 all is quite common there.

Also, I heard that there is a way to bypass the shiny lock that's on Reshiram and Zekrom in BW (not BW2). The process involves putting yourself in a situation where you cannot possibly catch Reshiram/Zekrom when the game forces you (by filling up every single box and your party), which then allows you to battle them in the Dragonspiral Tower afterwards, and there, the shiny lock isn't present. Anyone confirm or bust this method/theory (as in, has anyone ever tried)? It's definitely something I'd try myself, if the process wasn't such a gigantic pain.

Last edited:

shaterguy

I got some guys recently that raised some red flags.

Pokemon Species:Deerling
Nickname: No nickname
OT: Aubrey
OT Gender: Female
IDno: 06537
EV's: 0
IV's: Outstanding in everything
Nature: Naughty
Characteristic: Likes to trash about
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moves:Tackle-Camouflage
Level Caught at: 1, from day care helpers
Current Level:1
Stats: 12-6-6-6-5-6
Location Caught: Hatched at route 7
Egg?: Yes
Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball
Any other notes?: The Egg recieved date is 12/25/2013, and the Egg hatched date is 4/25/2012 Seems pretty weird to me, even if i've been told that date is meaningless most of the time

Pokemon Species: Delphox
Nickname: Magic
OT: TIM
OT Gender: Male
IDno:41444
EV's: (if known)- Fairly spread out, the standar " I dont know what EV's are" full training
IV's: (if known)- Outstanding in everything
Nature:- Careful
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Ability: Blaze
Moves: Sunny day, psychic, flamethrower, solar beam
Level Caught at:1, from an egg
Stats: 308-207-196-252-270-277
Location Caught: Hatched in aquacorde town
Egg?: Yes, recieved from a link trade
Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball
Any other notes?: Has the kalos champion and footprint ribbon. Seems like it was from a guy who was deleting his file

Finally,There is a trackless forest suicune that I recieved on wondertrade. Level 100. but only with decent potential, highest in atack and 0 IV's on speed, and I got a pangoro from a friend last weekend. Everything seems to check out, except for the fact that it has a japanese name, but it's not from japan and the OT is named serena. Anyways, my gut tells me that the first 3 are probably hacked, specially the delphox, but I wanted to get a second or third opinion from the experts.

Last edited:

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
Also, I heard that there is a way to bypass the shiny lock that's on Reshiram and Zekrom in BW (not BW2). The process involves putting yourself in a situation where you cannot possibly catch Reshiram/Zekrom when the game forces you (by filling up every single box and your party), which then allows you to battle them in the Dragonspiral Tower afterwards, and there, the shiny lock isn't present. Anyone confirm or bust this method/theory (as in, has anyone ever tried)? It's definitely something I'd try myself, if the process wasn't such a gigantic pain.
Haven't tested it myself, but I'm pretty certain that rumor was debunked a long time ago. Reshiram/Zekrom were completely shiny-locked until Gen VI.

I have a question that is not exactly a hack check, but I don't know a better place to ask (if there is a place Please tell me).
I just got a 6 iv shiny japanese Ditto from GTS... for a Chimchar. I won't even bother ask if it is hacked. My doubt is, if I use it for breeding, will the offspring be considered hacked or illegal? Is it down to personal preference? Thanks!
On Reddit, no. Anywhere else, yes. xD
Not that it would actually be objectively detectable in the offspring, since you're not going to get illegal balls with a ditto...
If you want to be safe, feel free to PM/VM me and I'll throw you one of my flawless RNGed Japanese Ditto to breed with. :D

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Pokemon Species: Sylveon
OT: Harley
OT Gender: (red=female, blue=male)
IDno: 53020
EV's: "outstanding" everything was good except "sp attack won't leave a scratch"
IV's: Um..... I still don't understand this but the bar on Super Training for Attack and HP is full. It says it's stats are maxed out, can't gain anymore from it
Characteristic: alert to sounds
Ability: Pixilate
Moves: Curse, Quick Attack, Double Edge, Iron Tail
Level Caught at: Egg
Stats: Attack 128, Defense 85, Sp Attack 103, SP Def 151, speed 80
Location Caught: Hatched at Battle Resort three days after obtain date
Pokeball Caught In: IDK, pink ball with heart?
Any other notes?: Desperate to know if she's legit. I want to keep her

Last edited:

shaterguy

EV's: "outstanding" everything was good except "sp attack won't leave a scratch"
IV's: Um..... I still don't understand this but the bar on Super Training for Attack and HP is full. It says it's stats are maxed out, can't gain anymore from it

Sorry man, but eevees and therefore their evolutions can not be legally obtained in apricorn balls, the love ball that you described being one of them. Besides that, everything is too shady, being a fully trained shiny with HA

Last edited:

Miss Alexis

Event Collector :)

In other words, this is a very bad hack.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

Yeah, unfortunately, at least the Ball is illegal, unless you somehow mistook Heal Ball/Dream Ball for a Love Ball.

Also, 31/31/31/0/31/31 spread on a shiny? I don't believe if none of those two aspects are not touched by illegal device.

At least the perfect IV spread, or the shininess, is not there originally. Could even be both. It is perfectly possible to get an Adamant shiny, but having the perfect IV spread as well, requires an amount of luck so high no one would be giving away the shiny if they got one.

Even with both parents being flawless + Destiny Knot, it's still a 1 in 32 chance for the random last IV to be 0, and then there's the shiny chance - hitting both at the same time is just extremely unlikely to happen.

Not to mention you said "she" - Eevee line has a smaller chance to be female, making the whole thing even more extremely unlikely.

And does the Summary says the egg was received from the Day Care keeper? I once found a shiny from WT with incorrect Summary, making it extremely obvious it was hacked.

DaMoonWolf

Event collector
so I got all of these pokemon from trades and I don't know whether they are legit/legal or not sooooo

Pokemon Species: Victini in japanese ビクティニ
Nickname: none
OT: テッ or something like that
IDno: 07685
Shiny?: nope
EV's: (if known) seems to be focused on defense with a fairly big amount in attack and speed
IV's: (if known) only HP is perfect
Nature: Docile
Characteristic: takes plenty of siestas
Ability: Victory Star
Moves: Final Gambit, Flare Blitz, Fire Blast, Hyper Beam
Level Caught at: unknown
Stats: 343/260/280/229/214/229
Location Caught: unknown
Egg?: unknown, but I guess not
Pokeball Caught In: great ball
Any other notes?: its summary says: seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the kalos region from the Unova region. what got me wonder about its legitimacy was the fact that it doesn't say 'a fateful encounter seems to have led it across time and space in order to reach the kalos region from the Unova region'

Pokemon Species: Diancie
OT: OCT2014
IDno: 10274
EV's: (if known) random
IV's: (if known) perfect HP, sp Def and Speed
Ability: Clear body
Moves: diamond storm, moonblast, return, light screen
Level Caught at: 50
Current Level: 98
Stats: 229/326/247/337/184
Location Caught: a lovely place
Egg?: nope
Pokeball Caught In: cherish ball
Any other notes?: its summary says: apparently a fateful encounter, when I got it it was at level 74 I think, it has a kalos champion ribbon and a wishing ribbon

Pokemon Species: Manaphy
OT: NWS
IDno: 10017
EV's: (if known) none
IV's: (if known) all 31 which is what bothers me
Nature: Quirky
Ability: hydration
Moves: Heart swap, Water Pulse, Whirlpool, Acid Armor
Stats: 120/120/120/120/120/120
Any other notes?: its summary says: seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the kalos region from the Sinnoh region, it has a classic ribbon

LLR

Vivillon Trader
Pokemon Species: Linoonde
OT: Japanese Name that matches the symbols with the Dec 2014 Extreme Speed Linoone event on main site
OT Gender: White
IDno: 12204
Shiny?: No
EV's: (if known)Not Known
IV's: (if known)31/31/31/31/31/31
Nature: Hasty
Characteristic: Michievous
Ability: Gluttony
Moves: Helping Hand; Extreme Speed; Baby-Doll Eyes; Protect
Stats: 153/90/72/70/81/132
Location Caught: "a Pokemon Event" (the e has the accent mark)
Egg?: No
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish
Any other notes?: Matches the 2014 Dec Event except it doesn't have the Ribbon and doesn't have the Focus Sash.

Kevin24

Event Collector
Pokemon Species: Linoonde
OT: Japanese Name that matches the symbols with the Dec 2014 Extreme Speed Linoone event on main site
OT Gender: White
IDno: 12204
Shiny?: No
EV's: (if known)Not Known
IV's: (if known)31/31/31/31/31/31
Nature: Hasty
Characteristic: Michievous
Ability: Gluttony
Moves: Helping Hand; Extreme Speed; Baby-Doll Eyes; Protect
Stats: 153/90/72/70/81/132
Location Caught: "a Pokemon Event" (the e has the accent mark)
Egg?: No
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish
Any other notes?: Matches the 2014 Dec Event except it doesn't have the Ribbon and doesn't have the Focus Sash.

obviously powersaved to have those ivs and the ribbon removes so its hacked

foreveralone

Pokemon Species: Arceus
Nickname: some japanese characters which i dont understand
OT: デセルシティ
OT Gender: none
IDno: 03075
EV's: no idea
IV's: flawless 6IV
Nature: hasty
Ability: multitype
Moves: judgement/blast burn/hydro cannon/earth power
Level Caught at: 100
Stats: 392/317/261/303/292/314
Location Caught: pokemon movie 15
Egg?:none
Pokeball Caught In:cherish ball
Any other notes?: it's a japanese arceus from the movie 15 events everything seems legit except that it does not have the wishing ribbon that suppose to come with it. also it has the blue pentagon which denote that it's from gen 6.

Please let me know whether it's hacked or whatever as i got it from wonder trade. everything seems legit but i fear it's hack as it's flawless and without the wishing ribbon. :(

tobysparrow

Shiny Pokemon Master
Arceus Seems legit

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
so I got all of these pokemon from trades and I don't know whether they are legit/legal or not sooooo

Pokemon Species: Victini in japanese ビクティニ
OT: テッ or something like that
IDno: 07685
EV's: (if known) seems to be focused on defense with a fairly big amount in attack and speed
IV's: (if known) only HP is perfect
Nature: Docile
Ability: Victory Star
Moves: Final Gambit, Flare Blitz, Fire Blast, Hyper Beam
Stats: 343/260/280/229/214/229
Pokeball Caught In: great ball
Any other notes?: its summary says: seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the kalos region from the Unova region. what got me wonder about its legitimacy was the fact that it doesn't say 'a fateful encounter seems to have led it across time and space in order to reach the kalos region from the Unova region'

Pokemon Species: Diancie
OT: OCT2014
IDno: 10274
EV's: (if known) random
IV's: (if known) perfect HP, sp Def and Speed
Ability: Clear body
Moves: diamond storm, moonblast, return, light screen
Current Level: 98
Stats: 229/326/247/337/184
Location Caught: a lovely place
Egg?: nope
Any other notes?: its summary says: apparently a fateful encounter, when I got it it was at level 74 I think, it has a kalos champion ribbon and a wishing ribbon

Pokemon Species: Manaphy
OT: NWS
IDno: 10017
EV's: (if known) none
IV's: (if known) all 31 which is what bothers me
Nature: Quirky
Ability: hydration
Moves: Heart swap, Water Pulse, Whirlpool, Acid Armor
Stats: 120/120/120/120/120/120
Any other notes?: its summary says: seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the kalos region from the Sinnoh region, it has a classic ribbon

Manaphy looks a bit iffy with the 6 perfect IVs but the Diancie looks legal. Victini is probably hacked as the Liberty Garden Victini is supposed to have the fateful encounter flag even though you catch it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.