• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naemeria

Pokémon Breeder
thank you very much. i figured that the judge was correct. im guessing the 30IV is there so the game can sho some sort of IV statement. would this panpour be hacked/RNG'd or a lucky 6 0IV pkmn? i tried to get a ledian to have 6 0 IVs already but only got around to 5 0IVs on it. had a pairing that was a potential 6 0IV but its either not possible or i didnt have sufficient patience.
If it's from an egg or 5 gen game, it's certainly legal, as you can get 6 perfect IVs through breeding or RNGing too. If randomly caught at any place in the 6th gen, it's most certainly hacked.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
If it's from an egg or 5 gen game, it's certainly legal, as you can get 6 perfect IVs through breeding or RNGing too. If randomly caught at any place in the 6th gen, it's most certainly hacked.

Thank you very much. In that case its likely a legal one, its a unova origin panpour. Its a very cool pokemon even if its stas are horrible.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Thank you very much. In that case its likely a legal one, its a unova origin panpour. Its a very cool pokemon even if its stas are horrible.

I'd be skeptical of an all 0 IV pokemon. Few people ever bothered to RNG something like that (for obvious reasons) but hackers would often turn them out for reasons unknown. It's far more likely to be a hack than an RNG. You can always post the full information though and we can take a look. Mainly the OT and TID.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I'd be skeptical of an all 0 IV pokemon. Few people ever bothered to RNG something like that (for obvious reasons) but hackers would often turn them out for reasons unknown. It's far more likely to be a hack than an RNG. You can always post the full information though and we can take a look. Mainly the OT and TID.

that i can do. i'll keep it regardless of legitimacy of it. its a cool thing to get a first 6 0IV pokemon. kind of hope to come across a hacked shiny magikarp with 6 0IVs for the LOLs someday.

Pokemon Species: panpour
Nickname: NA
OT: KOR name
IDno: 00391
Shiny?: yes
EV's: no
IV's: 6 0 IVs
Nature: quirky
Characteristic: loves to eat
Ability: gluttony
Moves: scratch leer lick watergun
Level Caught at: unknown
Current Level: 10
Stats: HP 30 Attack 15 Defense 14 Sp.Atk 15 Sp.Def 14 Speed 17
Location Caught/bred: unova
Date Met: (if known) na
Egg?: unknown
Pokeball Caught In: pokeball
Ribbons: 12 ribbons
item: none

dewey911p

primus inter pares
that i can do. i'll keep it regardless of legitimacy of it. its a cool thing to get a first 6 0IV pokemon. kind of hope to come across a hacked shiny magikarp with 6 0IVs for the LOLs someday.

Pokemon Species: panpour
Nickname: NA
OT: KOR name
IDno: 00391
EV's: no
IV's: 6 0 IVs
Nature: quirky
Characteristic: loves to eat
Ability: gluttony
Moves: scratch leer lick watergun
Level Caught at: unknown
Current Level: 10
Stats: HP 30 Attack 15 Defense 14 Sp.Atk 15 Sp.Def 14 Speed 17
Location Caught/bred: unova
Date Met: (if known) na
Egg?: unknown
Pokeball Caught In: pokeball
Ribbons: 12 ribbons
item: none

I don't recognize the ID number and a google search didn't turn up anything useful, so I can't say conclusively. Regardless, I would think it's safe to assume it's hacked. As I mentioned before, very few people RNGed a 0/0/0/0/0/0 pokemon, and even fewer get passed around the trading scene. It's possible, but not at all probable, so I would say it's more than likely hacked.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I don't recognize the ID number and a google search didn't turn up anything useful, so I can't say conclusively. Regardless, I would think it's safe to assume it's hacked. As I mentioned before, very few people RNGed a 0/0/0/0/0/0 pokemon, and even fewer get passed around the trading scene. It's possible, but not at all probable, so I would say it's more than likely hacked.

thanks Dewey911, i'll keep it for the shiny dex data, it shouldnt be a problem for that.

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Hi guys, I got a Lugia through the GTS and everything seemed fine to me except for one thing:

Pokemon Species: Lugia
OT: Bryan
IDno: 01161
Shiny?: No
EV's: Yes
IV's: 3x 31/30 IVs (Def;Sp.At and Spe)
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Mischievous
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Rain Dance, Hydro Pump, Aeroblast, Punishment
Level Caught at: Apparently Lv. 50
Current Level: 50
Stats: HP - 172 Attack - 88 Defense - 150 Sp.Atk - 121 Sp.Def - 159 Speed - 131
Location Caught: Sea Mauville
Date Met: 3/5/2011
Pokeball Caught In: Ultra Ball
Ribbons: No
Item: No

I want to firmly believe this Bryan fella just misset his 3DS clock, but what do you think?

Last edited:
Hi guys, I got a Lugia through the GTS and everything seemed fine to me except for one thing:

Pokemon Species: Lugia
OT: Bryan
IDno: 01161
EV's: Yes
IV's: 3x 31/30 IVs (Def;Sp.At and Spe)
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Mischievous
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Rain Dance, Hydro Pump, Aeroblast, Punishment
Level Caught at: Apparently Lv. 50
Current Level: 50
Stats: HP - 172 Attack - 88 Defense - 150 Sp.Atk - 121 Sp.Def - 159 Speed - 131
Location Caught: Sea Mauville
Date Met: 3/5/2011
Pokeball Caught In: Ultra Ball

I want to firmly believe this Bryan fella just misset his 3DS clock, but what do you think?

Nothing stands out as being extraordinary, so it just looks like a regular Lugia with a different 3DS clock.

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Nothing stands out as being extraordinary, so it just looks like a regular Lugia with a different 3DS clock.

Thank you very much.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i have a shiny bold eevee which i think i got from WT????, dont recall anymore. trying to get the shiny forms for the dex but i already have umbreon. its already EV trained when i got it. i want to make it into an espeon for the shiny form. the problem is that im not sure if the bold eevee is legit.

if its legit, i'll wait for another shiny to make into espeon and have this legit?? bold eevee go umbreon (and use online). if this bold eevee is hacked then its going to be espeon as i dont want to use online if its hacked.

Pokemon Species: eevee
OT: Jenn
IDno: 13613
EV's: full HP/DEF, 4 SPA
IV's: perfect 6
Nature: bold
Characteristic: capable of taking hits
Ability: anticipation
Moves: tail whip curse yawn wish
Level Caught at: NA
Current Level: 2
Stats: HP - 16 Attack - 6 Defense - 8 Sp.Atk - 7 Sp.Def - 8 Speed - 7
Location Caught: NA, was a hatched egg, Hoenn bred
Date Met: 11/13/2015
Pokeball Caught In: luxury Ball

i have a shiny bold eevee which i think i got from WT????, dont recall anymore. trying to get the shiny forms for the dex but i already have umbreon. its already EV trained when i got it. i want to make it into an espeon for the shiny form. the problem is that im not sure if the bold eevee is legit.

if its legit, i'll wait for another shiny to make into espeon and have this legit?? bold eevee go umbreon (and use online). if this bold eevee is hacked then its going to be espeon as i dont want to use online if its hacked.

Pokemon Species: eevee
OT: Jenn
IDno: 13613
EV's: full HP/DEF, 4 SPA
IV's: perfect 6
Nature: bold
Characteristic: capable of taking hits
Ability: anticipation
Moves: tail whip curse yawn wish
Level Caught at: NA
Stats: HP - 16 Attack - 6 Defense - 8 Sp.Atk - 7 Sp.Def - 8 Speed - 7
Location Caught: NA, was a hatched egg, Hoenn bred
Date Met: 11/13/2015
Pokeball Caught In: luxury Ball

It looks fine, but as always, I'd be wary if it comes from WT.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
It looks fine, but as always, I'd be wary if it comes from WT.

thank you fissurous, i'll turn it into umbreon and find another shiny for the last 4 shiny forms.

free7694

I have a feeling this is a hack, but I have a feeling it's a good hack. Would like to know for sure.

Pokemon Species: Victini
Pokemon Gender: Genderless
Nickname: N/A
OT: Pスクラップ
IDno: 12014
EV's: Not known
IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Nature: Bashful
Characteristic: Mischevious
Ability: Victory Star
Moves: Confusion/Quick Attack/V-create/Searing Shot
Level Caught at: 15
Current Level: 15
Stats: 59 HP/39 Attack/39 Defense/39 Sp. Atk/39 Sp. Def/Speed
Location Caught: (copying the exact message can help - time and space? distant land? fateful encounter? etc.) a lovely place
Date Met: (if known) 12/1/2014
Egg?: N/A
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball
Ribbons: None

I have a feeling this is a hack, but I have a feeling it's a good hack. Would like to know for sure.

Location Caught: (copying the exact message can help - time and space? distant land? fateful encounter? etc.) a lovely place
Besides the IVs, all the other info looks fine (Pokemon Scrap Victini). The fact that it has a bashful nature instead of a more beneficial one leads me to think it has a very slight chance of just being RNG god luck, but I'm still going to say it's hacked since 6IV 6th gen events are basically nonexistent.

Also: no ribbon (I feel like an idiot for not noticing this the first time ;-; )

Last edited:

BlackoutSLM

Elite Collector

Since it does not have a ribbon, it's probably an hack. If you got it through Wonder Trade or GTS it's an hack for sure.
Event pokémon can't be traded that way.

ZiR

Beginner Collector

Hacked, there is no way to get a scrap Victini without Classic Ribbon, also, 6IV for free? Sorry dude, something that is too good to be true, in 99.999999% of the cases, isn't true. Next!

M.P.

Retired
Someone traded me a Manaphy some time ago, I have a bad feeling that it's too good to be true, so I though I'd hack-check it.

Pokemon Species: Manaphy
OT: Japanese name, can't type it.
IDno: 04688
IV's: Not known.
Nature: Sassy
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Ability: Hydration
Moves: Tail Glow/Bubble/Water Sport
Level Caught at: Not known, it's transferred.
Stats: 17 HP/9 Attack/9 Defence/10 Sp. Atk/9 Sp. Def/9 Speed
Location Caught: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach the Kalos region from Sinnoh region.
Date Met: Not known
Pokeball Caught In: Poke Ball

Otjenyn

ROADRUNNER
Someone traded me a Manaphy some time ago, I have a bad feeling that it's too good to be true, so I though I'd hack-check it.

Location Caught: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach the Kalos region from Sinnoh region.

This could be a pokemon ranger manaphy. Even then, the manaphy egg is one of the common hacks for D/P/Pt games. But I don't think there is a way to determine if it is legit or not, the egg can be traded to a legit game and then hatched.

I am not sure about the fateful encounter, I have a legit manaphy myself from pokemon ranger so I will check that.

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure it's fine. I doubt it's hacked since there isn't anything TOO spectacular about it (nature, shiny, IVs, etc.).

M.P.

Retired
This could be a pokemon ranger manaphy. Even then, the manaphy egg is one of the common hacks for D/P/Pt games. But I don't think there is a way to determine if it is legit or not, the egg can be traded to a legit game and then hatched.

I am not sure about the fateful encounter, I have a legit manaphy myself from pokemon ranger so I will check that.

I'm pretty sure it's fine. I doubt it's hacked since there isn't anything TOO spectacular about it (nature, shiny, IVs, etc.).

Yeah, that's good to hear. Thanks, both of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.