• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon Species: Bouffalant
Pokemon Gender: Male
Nickname: N/A
OT: Miranda
IDno: 37467
Shiny?: Yes
EV's: Not known, Super Training yellow visual thing points towards HP, Atk, and Speed. Also not Maxed Evs.
IV's: 6IV
Nature: Adamant
Characteristic:Takes plenty of siestas
Ability: Sap Sipper
Moves: Swords Dance, Return, Earthquake, Substitute
Level Caught at: Egg
Current Level: 100
Stats: 361 HP, 350 Atk, 226 Defense, 104 Sp. Atk, 226 Sp. Def, 180 Speed
Location Caught: Egg Hatched/Received 11/3/2015 @ Battle Resort
Date Met: 11/3/2015
Egg?: Yes
Pokeball Caught In: Luxury Ball
Ribbons: Hoenn Champ, Champion Ribbon, Contest Star, Coolness Master, Beauty Master, Cuteness Master, Cleverness Master, Toughness Master, Best Friends, Training, Skillful Battler, Expert Battler, Effort, Alert, Shock, Downcast, Careless, Relax, Snooze, Smile, Gorgeous, Royal, Gorgeous Royal Ribbon
Any other notes?: All Contest stats maxed

In theory, it looks okay. However, I do remember when Power Saves first came out there was a huge shinifying issue, and Miranda was an OT that came up a lot, so the Bouffalant may have been shinified (especially if it doesn't come from a Link Trade).

TheGOAT

Mac-Daddy
Pokemon Species: Garchomp
OT: Smaug
IDno: 42884
EV's: Unkomw, but it's maxed ev, and the yellow arrows look all
About the same in every direction
IV's: Unknown
Nature: Hardy
Characteristic: Mischievious
Ability: Sand Veil
Moves: Draco Meteor, Shadow Claw, Dragon Rush, False swipe
Level Caught at: N/A
Current Level: 63
Stats: 241 HP, 200 Atk, 161 Defense, 137 Sp. Atk, 144 Sp. Def, 165 Speed
Location Caught: It just says "A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach the Kalos region from the Sinnoh region."
Date Met: N/A
Egg?: No
Pokeball Caught In: Friend Ball
Ribbons: N/A
Any other notes?: Was just trying to trade to a friend with a mega stone on it, and it said I can't trade a Pokemon in my party. So we took the mega stone off and it still says this. I put it in my PC and tried and still wouldn't let me. I transferred a bunch of Pokemon to my poke bank, and then transferred them to my X game and just found it one day. Please
Help!

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
Pokemon Species: Garchomp
OT: Smaug
IDno: 42884
EV's: Unkomw, but it's maxed ev, and the yellow arrows look all
About the same in every direction
IV's: Unknown
Nature: Hardy
Characteristic: Mischievious
Ability: Sand Veil
Moves: Draco Meteor, Shadow Claw, Dragon Rush, False swipe
Level Caught at: N/A
Current Level: 63
Stats: 241 HP, 200 Atk, 161 Defense, 137 Sp. Atk, 144 Sp. Def, 165 Speed
Location Caught: It just says "A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach the Kalos region from the Sinnoh region."
Date Met: N/A
Pokeball Caught In: Friend Ball
Ribbons: N/A
Any other notes?: Was just trying to trade to a friend with a mega stone on it, and it said I can't trade a Pokemon in my party. So we took the mega stone off and it still says this. I put it in my PC and tried and still wouldn't let me. I transferred a bunch of Pokemon to my poke bank, and then transferred them to my X game and just found it one day. Please
Help!
The bolded is already a massive hint that it is a hack, Gible/Gabite/Garchomp cannot be in a Friend Ball.

TheGOAT

Mac-Daddy
The bolded is already a massive hint that it is a hack, Gible/Gabite/Garchomp cannot be in a Friend Ball.

Why can't it? I mean would that keep it from
Being traded?

TheGOAT

Mac-Daddy
Gible is a pokemon available into Safari Zone in Pokemon HG/SS, since you can't have it in other part of the game, you can't capture it using Friend Ball. In resume, this pokemon is edited, which mean it is hacked. Simple like this.

Okay well it says it's from Sinnoh, not johto...

ZiR

Beginner Collector
Okay well it says it's from Sinnoh, not johto...

Friend Ball, which is an apricorn ball is exclusive from HG/SS, you can not have it in any other game. Even if you attach into some pokemon and trade with P/D/Pl games, this ball will be converted automatically into a regular Pokeball, also, I haven't played HG/SS for a while but I am almost sure you can't attach any sort of pokeball generated from Apricorns and use it to capture a pokemon in other kind of 4th gen games anyway.

PhazonRain429

Pokémon collector
Pokemon Species: Carbink
Pokemon Gender: Genderless
Nickname: No nickname
OT: Kai Rong
IDno: 00483
EV's: Don't know
IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Nature: Impish
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Harden/ Rock throw/ Sharpen/ Smack down
Current Level: 17
Stats: HP: 49, Atk: 27, Def: 67, Spatk: 24, Spdef: 61, Speed: 27
Location Caught: A link trade/ Lumiose City
Date Met: Obtained/hatched 12/14/2013
Pokeball Caught In: Regular pokeball
Ribbons: None
Any other notes?: I got this guy from someone here on Serebii. I guess what threw me off was the fact that its name and OT is english, though its language tag is Korean. I heard the egg will always have the tag from the original country it was created in and I just wanted someone to confirm this. I know theres a method where you can get shiny pokemon by trading eggs and I just wanted to know if perhaps anyone thought this could be the case.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
Pokemon Species: Dragalge
Pokemon Gender: Female
Nickname: Dragalge
OT: (Japanese)
IDno: 02013
Shiny?: yes
EV's: Not sure, but it appears it's been EV trained a small amount according the the Super Training menu.
IV's: 28- 24 - 1 - 1 - 31 - 22
Nature: Brave
Characteristic: Somewhat Vain
Ability: Poison Touch
Moves: Acid, Sludge Bomb, Poison Tail, Aqua Tail
Level Caught at: Apparently Lv. 25
Current Level: 48
Stats:133/96/91/98/137/51
Location Caught: Cyllage City
Date Met: 8/7/2014
Pokeball Caught In: Ultra Ball
Any other notes?: I got in through a Link Trade from a Passerby. I traded it for your everyday Pidgeot. Nothing special about it... This Dragalge appears to be legitimate though. Any thoughts?

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
Pokemon Species: Dragalge
Nickname: Dragalge
OT: (Japanese)
IDno: 02013
EV's: Not sure, but it appears it's been EV trained a small amount according the the Super Training menu.
IV's: 28- 24 - 1 - 1 - 31 - 22
Nature: Brave
Ability: Poison Touch
Moves: Acid, Sludge Bomb, Poison Tail, Aqua Tail
Level Caught at: Apparently Lv. 25
Current Level: 48
Stats:133/96/91/98/137/51
Location Caught: Cyllage City
Date Met: 8/7/2014
Pokeball Caught In: Ultra Ball
Any other notes?: I got in through a Link Trade from a Passerby. I traded it for your everyday Pidgeot. Nothing special about it... This Dragalge appears to be legitimate though. Any thoughts?
Might be somewhat suspect due to being obtained from a passerby, but other than that there aren't any glaring red flags that I can see from that info. Everything appears legal about it, and the IVs and such are believable. I'm guessing the name is in English? I'll have to test it, but I'm pretty sure that's possible for a Japanese pokemon in 6th gen. (it was in previous generations, at least). (EDIT: Tested it, it's possible). Considering that chain fishing shinies is a thing, it's probably fine. It's legal, at least.

Last edited:
Pokemon Species: Carbink
Pokemon Gender: Genderless
Nickname: No nickname
OT: Kai Rong
IDno: 00483
EV's: Don't know
IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Nature: Impish
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Harden/ Rock throw/ Sharpen/ Smack down
Current Level: 17
Stats: HP: 49, Atk: 27, Def: 67, Spatk: 24, Spdef: 61, Speed: 27
Location Caught: A link trade/ Lumiose City
Date Met: Obtained/hatched 12/14/2013
Pokeball Caught In: Regular pokeball
Any other notes?: I got this guy from someone here on Serebii. I guess what threw me off was the fact that its name and OT is english, though its language tag is Korean. I heard the egg will always have the tag from the original country it was created in and I just wanted someone to confirm this. I know theres a method where you can get shiny pokemon by trading eggs and I just wanted to know if perhaps anyone thought this could be the case.
Looks fine; same comments as your notes. The egg probably came from a Korean game but was hatched in an English game with TSV (link trade). In Korean games, English letters appear exactly the same as they would in an English game, not like the giant ones with spaces like you see in Japanese games sometimes.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
Pokemon Species: Landorus
Nickname: Landorus
OT: Luis
IDno: 56014
EV's: None.
IV's: 31-15-21-31-31-1
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Sand Force
Moves: Extrasensory, Swords Dance, Earth Power, Rock Slide
Level Caught at: Apparently Lv. 50
Current Level: 50
Stats: 164/137/94/135/100/116
Location Caught: Soaring in the sky
Date Met: 1/11/2015
Pokeball Caught In: Timer Ball
Any other notes?: Well, I put up a Scrafty on GTS and asked for a Landorus. Well, I certainly got one and it's shiny. Everything appears to check out. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

Pokemon Species: Landorus
Nickname: Landorus
OT: Luis
IDno: 56014
EV's: None.
IV's: 31-15-21-31-31-1
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Sand Force
Moves: Extrasensory, Swords Dance, Earth Power, Rock Slide
Level Caught at: Apparently Lv. 50
Current Level: 50
Stats: 164/137/94/135/100/116
Location Caught: Soaring in the sky
Date Met: 1/11/2015
Pokeball Caught In: Timer Ball
Any other notes?: Well, I put up a Scrafty on GTS and asked for a Landorus. Well, I certainly got one and it's shiny. Everything appears to check out. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

It looks fine; there's nothing extraordinary that would point to it being a hack besides that it came from the GTS.

Ant_TKD

Pokemon Species: Mismagius
OT: Bridget
IDno: 09744
Nature: Timid
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Spite, Mystical Fire, Power Gem, Nasty Plot
Egg Hatched: Apparently 6/29/2014
Current Level: 1
Stats: Attack 5, Defence 6, Sp. Atk 7, Sp. Def 7, Speed 7
Pokeball Caught In: Moon Ball

I acquired this Pokemon through GTS (traded away a Mienshao) and whilst I know it is possible that a shiny egg was hatched and evolved instantly it seems unusual.

I acquired this Pokemon through GTS (traded away a Mienshao) and whilst I know it is possible that a shiny egg was hatched and evolved instantly it seems unusual.
From the information you've given, it looks fine since it's relatively easy to evolve Misdreavus. It can be caught in a Moon Ball too, so that looks fine as well.

ZiR

Beginner Collector

Legal according to the provided information, but still, coming from an unknown source, I doubt this pokemon is legit.

weaver8185

left my game cart with a friend over the weekend cos i got sick of hunting down a shiny 1 myself,

levels were legit from d/p

nature timid

EV Values {estimated}
atk: 255
SPatk: 155
spd: 100

IV Values {estimated}
hp: 14
atk: 30
def: 24
SPatk: 22
SPdef: 25
spd: 4

i know speed isnt good but yea

reason why im asking is because i occasionally take it into wifi battles and dont want to get penalized for using a cheated/hacked pokemon
should also add this was a while ago just after d/p came out
20160130_142058.jpg

Last edited:
left my game cart with a friend over the weekend cos i got sick of hunting down a shiny 1 myself,

levels were legit from d/p

nature timid

EV Values {estimated}
atk: 255
SPatk: 155
spd: 100

IV Values {estimated}
hp: 14
atk: 30
def: 24
SPatk: 22
SPdef: 25
spd: 4

i know speed isnt good but yea

reason why im asking is because i occasionally take it into wifi battles and dont want to get penalized for using a cheated/hacked pokemon
should also add this was a while ago just after d/p came out
View attachment 15199
It looks fine; just an EV trained shiny Luxray (probably just from a random shiny Shinx). Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you'll be punished in WiFi battles as long as it's legal (possible to obtain it legitimately), even if it is hacked.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
im pretty sure this might be a hacked WT pkmn but its still very cool. its in a lure ball. can anyone please confirm this?

Pokemon Species: magikarp
Nickname: NA
OT: yoh
IDno: 16394
EV's: full speed/ATK +4 HP
IV's: 31-31-31-?-31-31
Nature: adamant
Ability: rattled
Moves: flail, tackle, bounce, splash (all moves' PP are maxed out)
Level Caught at: NA
Current Level: 5
Stats: 18/11/12/6/8/17
Location Caught: camphrier town
Date Met: 5/6/2014
Egg?: yes
Pokeball Caught In: lure Ball
Any other notes?: has a choice scarf and it came from WT

i likely wont ever evolve it and keep it as a magikarp. the shiny gyarados isnt much for me, got used to the silver/HG shiny too easy.

ZiR

Beginner Collector
im pretty sure this might be a hacked WT pkmn but its still very cool. its in a lure ball. can anyone please confirm this?

Pokemon Species: magikarp
Nickname: NA
OT: yoh
IDno: 16394
EV's: full speed/ATK +4 HP
IV's: 31-31-31-?-31-31
Nature: adamant
Ability: rattled
Moves: flail, tackle, bounce, splash (all moves' PP are maxed out)
Level Caught at: NA
Current Level: 5
Stats: 18/11/12/6/8/17
Location Caught: camphrier town
Date Met: 5/6/2014
Egg?: yes
Pokeball Caught In: lure Ball
Any other notes?: has a choice scarf and it came from WT

i likely wont ever evolve it and keep it as a magikarp. the shiny gyarados isnt much for me, got used to the silver/HG shiny too easy.

Hacked! For future reference, there is no legal way to obtain a Hidden Ability pokemon with Apricorn Pokeballs, which means, every single thing with: Fast, Friend, Heavy, Level, Love, Lure and Moon Ball + Hidden Ability = HACKED. No question about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.