• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Hacked! For future reference, there is no legal way to obtain a Hidden Ability pokemon with Apricorn Pokeballs, which means, every single thing with: Fast, Friend, Heavy, Level, Love, Lure and Moon Ball + Hidden Ability = HACKED. No question about it.

thank you very much, the HA and Apricorn ball were my 2 biggest clues to its origin. i cant believe im still confusing/forgetting that fact and i just realized one competitive cloyster i bred is technically hacked HA + lure ball at the same time.

edit:

i got a new one that im not sure of

Pokemon Species: Seel
Pokemon Gender: female
Nickname: NA
OT: Marcus
IDno: 41159
Shiny?: yes
EV's: none
IV's: 31-0-31-31-31-31
Nature: modest
Characteristic: plenty of siestas
Ability: ice body
Moves: belch, perish song, iron tail, signal beam
Level Caught at: NA
Current Level: 1
Stats: 12 HP, 4 ATK, 6 DEF, 6 SPA, 6 SDF, 6 Speed
Location Caught: na
Date Met: hatched 5/8/14
Egg?: yes
Pokeball Caught In: dive Ball
Ribbons: None
Any other notes?: KB in Lumiose, got it trading a male HA em Qwilfish on GTS. it has some lefties attached to it also.

im not so much looking to use this Seel/Dewgong too much for battle. i already bred a shiny 3IV hydration hasty one in my X file a year ago?? to match the shiny i left behind in HG. though if this 5IV 0ATK one is legit i might consider some battles with it butim not having many plans for this particular 6iv one. it has a few useful EM but i not sure if its been hacked/modified

Last edited:

Britt

Collector!
Hi! I've received insight that two of my Pokemon may be illegitimate. Can someone please take a look and let me know what you think? I really appreciate the help!

Pokemon Species: Deoxys
Pokemon Gender: N/A
Nickname: Deoxys
OT: SPACE C
IDno: 00010
Shiny?: No
EV's: (if known) N/A
IV's: (if known) N/A
Nature: Impish
Characteristic: Quick to flee
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Cosmic Power, Recover, Psycho Boost, Hyper Beam
Level Caught at: 70
Current Level: 70
Stats: HP: 164, Attack: 221, Defense: 103, Sp. Atk: 207, Sp. Def: 76, Speed: 235
Location Caught: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach you from the Hoenn region.
Date Met: (if known) N/A
Egg?: N/A
Pokeball Caught In: Regular Pokeball
Ribbons: N/A
Any other notes?: N/A

Pokemon Species: Lucario
Pokemon Gender: Male
Nickname: Lucario
OT: WORLD08
IDno: 08178
Nature: Adamant
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves: Force Palm, Bone Rush, Sunny Day, Blaze Kick
Level Caught at: 30
Current Level: 30
Stats: HP: 91, Attack: 88, Defense: 56, Sp. Atk: 74, Sp. Def: 56, Speed: 68
Location Caught: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach you from the Sinnoh region.
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball
Ribbons: Classic Ribbon: "A Ribbon that proclaims love for Pokemon".

Hi! I've received insight that two of my Pokemon may be illegitimate. Can someone please take a look and let me know what you think? I really appreciate the help!

Pokemon Species: Deoxys
Nickname: Deoxys
OT: SPACE C
IDno: 00010
Nature: Impish
Characteristic: Quick to flee
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Cosmic Power, Recover, Psycho Boost, Hyper Beam
Level Caught at: 70
Current Level: 70
Stats: HP: 164, Attack: 221, Defense: 103, Sp. Atk: 207, Sp. Def: 76, Speed: 235
Location Caught: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach you from the Hoenn region.
Pokeball Caught In: Regular Pokeball

Pokemon Species: Lucario
Pokemon Gender: Male
Nickname: Lucario
OT: WORLD08
IDno: 08178
Nature: Adamant
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves: Force Palm, Bone Rush, Sunny Day, Blaze Kick
Level Caught at: 30
Current Level: 30
Stats: HP: 91, Attack: 88, Defense: 56, Sp. Atk: 74, Sp. Def: 56, Speed: 68
Location Caught: A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach you from the Sinnoh region.
Ribbons: Classic Ribbon: "A Ribbon that proclaims love for Pokemon".
So sorry for the late response!

To the best of my knowledge, they appear fine. The problem with older gen events is that it's difficult to discern its legitimacy unless you can trace them back to their file, Pokecheck, etc etc. All their information looks correct, so they're all legal, but we don't know if they were edited or not.
However, I would be skeptical of the Space C Deoxys. Its nature and characteristic matches those of a known hacked one, but we can't really tell since those things could easily be coincidental. As for the Lucario, I couldn't find any indication that it would be hacked, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

wtxwt

I have a Celebi traded from Passerby and a Arceus traded from GTS. Arceus looks hacked to me but I am not sure about Celebi. Please help verify both if they are hacked. Thank you.

Pokemon Species: Celebi
Nickname: Celebi
OT: GF
IDno: 03016
EV's: (if known): N/A
IV's: (if known): N/A
Nature: Timid
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Confusion / Recover / Heal Bell / Safeguard
Level Caught at: 100
Current Level: 100
Stats: HP 342, Atk 210, Def 228, Sp. Atk 239, Sp. Def 224, Spd 261
Location Caught: a lovely place
Date Met: 3/1/2016
Ribbons: Classic Ribbon
Any other notes?: Apparently a fateful encounter

Pokemon Species: Arceus
Nickname: Arceus
OT: D-Pad Doc
IDno: 24434
Shiny?: Yes
EV's: N/A
IV's: N/A
Nature: Timid
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Ability: Multitype
Moves: Judgement / Dive / Surf / Earth Power
Level Caught at: 100
Stats: HP 382, Atk 248, Def 276, Sp. Atk 339, Sp. Def 276, Spd 372
Location Caught: Pokemon Movie 15
Date Met: 3/7/2015
Pokeball Caught In: Premier Ball

Kevin24

Event Collector
celebi seems ok with info given and arceus is definitely hacked. badly. can't trade event arcues over gts. this one is shiny with trainer name for ot and non event id

wtxwt

celebi seems ok with info given and arceus is definitely hacked. badly. can't trade event arcues over gts. this one is shiny with trainer name for ot and non event id

Thanks for the quick response. I just found a table to let us quickly check if a suspicious Pokemon is hacked. It may be helpful to others. At least my Arceus is in the list...

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemontrades/wiki/hackedevents

EDIT: It seems to me that the hack checking of GTS is not strong enough somehow hacked Pokemon can slip through the system. Also we can see limited info about the Pokemon making it hard to determine if they are legitimate. I am a bit disappointed by that.

Last edited:

wtxwt

A follow-up question, which mythical Pokemon can be traded in GTS?
If I know which ones are not allowed then I can quickly tell if they are likely hacked or not.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i got a shiny seel here which i got a while back. i suspect its hacked but id like know for sure. im might try to trade it for some foreign legendary if its legit.
OT: JPN name
IDno: 58037
IV's: 31-31-31-31-31-31
Nature: calm
Characteristic: thrash about
Moves: disable, perish song, encore, icicle spear
Stats: 13 HP, 5 ATK, 6 DEF, 6 SPA, 7 SDF, 6 Speed
Date Met: hatched 2/11/16
Any other notes?: KB in Lumiose, got it trading a male HA em Qwilfish on GTS. it has some lefties attached to it also, if i remember correctly

are the shiny event mew a guaranteed 3IVs? i just got a German 6IV timid shiny mew with leftovers. i highly suspect the 6IV i just got is hacked and id like to know what the legit shiny mew usually comes with as far as IVs go.

Last edited:

Blasting Toise

Received this from Wonder Trade this morning: Shiny Mewtwo lvl70, OT:X, ID: 05408, Bashful nature, Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the Johto region, Characteristic: Good Endurance. Decent stats all around, defense is the best (as Characteristic let's to understand) this makes me to think it was unluckily bad shiny get by resetting. Guy I received it from had message saying "giving away pansies" I guess he meant bad IV:d shinies with that...

It is in Premier Ball which is possible.I see nothing obviously wrong- seems to be untouched having 428, 750 exp 18,638 to the next lvl, No Ribbons and no Kalos-Born symbol obviously (only Shiny star). Moves: Psycho Cut, Amnesia, Power Swap, Guard Swap.

Also got Korean event-Jirachi but that was hack since it had no ribbon and well it was Event from Wonder trade which screams hack. As far as I know legit-event cannot be wonder traded....

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i just got this German trapinch from WT and i want to know if its legit. i hope to trade it to a member on this forum here.

Pokemon Species: trapinch/knacklion
Pokemon Gender: male
OT: sheogorath
IDno: 26617
Shiny?: no
IV's: 31-?-31-31-31-31
Nature: jolly
Characteristic: capable of taking hits
Ability: arena trap
Moves: fissure, superpower, feint, bite
Stats: 12 HP, 7 ATK, 6 DEF, 5 SPA, 6 SDF, 5 Speed
Date Met: hatched 3/19/16
Pokeball Caught In: regular Ball
Any other notes?: from WT

Sorry for the late replies! I've been away from the scene for a while, so I'm probably a bit rusty. If I've made any errors, please correct me.
i got a shiny seel here which i got a while back. i suspect its hacked but id like know for sure. im might try to trade it for some foreign legendary if its legit.
OT: JPN name
IDno: 58037
IV's: 31-31-31-31-31-31
Nature: calm
Characteristic: thrash about
Moves: disable, perish song, encore, icicle spear
Stats: 13 HP, 5 ATK, 6 DEF, 6 SPA, 7 SDF, 6 Speed
Date Met: hatched 2/11/16
Any other notes?: KB in Lumiose, got it trading a male HA em Qwilfish on GTS. it has some lefties attached to it also, if i remember correctly

are the shiny event mew a guaranteed 3IVs? i just got a German 6IV timid shiny mew with leftovers. i highly suspect the 6IV i just got is hacked and id like to know what the legit shiny mew usually comes with as far as IVs go.
Is the Seel from a Link Trade? If so, it could be hatched with TSV and a lucky 6th perfect IV, so I believe it's fine.
I don't believe there have been any shiny Mew events, so it is probably hacked. The only way Mew can be shiny is if it was from the Faraway Island event in Gen. 3, where it can be RNG'd shiny but can only be 6 IV with specific natures (see OP).
Received this from Wonder Trade this morning: Shiny Mewtwo lvl70, OT:X, ID: 05408, Bashful nature, Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the Johto region, Characteristic: Good Endurance. Decent stats all around, defense is the best (as Characteristic let's to understand) this makes me to think it was unluckily bad shiny get by resetting. Guy I received it from had message saying "giving away pansies" I guess he meant bad IV:d shinies with that...

It is in Premier Ball which is possible.I see nothing obviously wrong- seems to be untouched having 428, 750 exp 18,638 to the next lvl, No Ribbons and no Kalos-Born symbol obviously (only Shiny star). Moves: Psycho Cut, Amnesia, Power Swap, Guard Swap.

Also got Korean event-Jirachi but that was hack since it had no ribbon and well it was Event from Wonder trade which screams hack. As far as I know legit-event cannot be wonder traded....
As far as we know it looks fine, just somebody getting lucky with SRing and catching probably.
i just got this German trapinch from WT and i want to know if its legit. i hope to trade it to a member on this forum here.

Pokemon Species: trapinch/knacklion
Pokemon Gender: male
OT: sheogorath
IDno: 26617
Shiny?: no
IV's: 31-?-31-31-31-31
Nature: jolly
Characteristic: capable of taking hits
Ability: arena trap
Moves: fissure, superpower, feint, bite
Stats: 12 HP, 7 ATK, 6 DEF, 5 SPA, 6 SDF, 5 Speed
Date Met: hatched 3/19/16
Pokeball Caught In: regular Ball
Any other notes?: from WT
If it says it's from a Link Trade, then I'd believe it's fine.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Sorry for the late replies! I've been away from the scene for a while, so I'm probably a bit rusty. If I've made any errors, please correct me.

Is the Seel from a Link Trade? If so, it could be hatched with TSV and a lucky 6th perfect IV, so I believe it's fine.
I don't believe there have been any shiny Mew events, so it is probably hacked. The only way Mew can be shiny is if it was from the Faraway Island event in Gen. 3, where it can be RNG'd shiny but can only be 6 IV with specific natures (see OP).

As far as we know it looks fine, just somebody getting lucky with SRing and catching probably.

If it says it's from a Link Trade, then I'd believe it's fine.

thank you very much for the reply fissurous. the seel is KB born but it doesnt specifically mention its a link trade.

the mew came from a fateful encounter at lvl 100 in a lovely place (whatever that means) with no ribbons at all. i dont have much faith that its legit. i dont really keep up with the event pkmn. its not something i have much interest in to begin with but any free legit shiny event is welcome when they are legit.

the GER Trapinch is also Kalos born from WT and i dont have much concern about it. worst case scenario i run with Flygon in my battles so getting a replacement 5IV male is no big problem

im sorry if this a stupid question but wht does link trade mean specifically? i seem to connect it to gift pkmn that ingame characters give you.

Last edited:
thank you very much for the reply fissurous. the seel is KB born but it doesnt specifically mention its a link trade.

the mew came from a fateful encounter at lvl 100 in a lovely place (whatever that means) with no ribbons at all. i dont have much faith that its legit. i dont really keep up with the event pkmn. its not something i have much interest in to begin with but any free legit shiny event is welcome when they are legit.

the GER Trapinch is also Kalos born from WT and i dont have much concern about it. worst case scenario i run with Flygon in my battles so getting a replacement 5IV male is no big problem

im sorry if this a stupid question but wht does link trade mean specifically? i seem to connect it to gift pkmn that ingame characters give you.
Yeah I believe the Mew was Powersave'd shiny and then had its ribbon removed. It seems to be consistent with the recent Mew distributions, but I haven't been keeping up.

And the Link Trade isn't a stupid question at all! If a Pokemon is hatched from a traded egg, then it will say the egg came from a Link Trade. TSV hatching is the most probable way of getting competitive shinies, especially perfect 5IV/6IVs. It involves matching eggs and trainers with specific numbers; if you're more curious, you can google to find out more. Of course, getting a perfect spread is entirely possible without this method; I know a couple people that have been successful in hatching perfect shinies with luck and patience. Masuda Method, Shiny Charm, etc. have made it easier to get shinies from eggs in the past while mechanics like the Destiny Knot (to pass down IVs) and Everstone (to pass down nature) make competitive breeding more viable. However, especially if they come from Wonder Trade, it raises more red flags due to its improbability, so shiny eggs that don't come from a Link Trade are more likely to be hacked or shinified.

tldr: If a hatched Pokemon says the egg came from a Link Trade, it's more of a guarantee that it's legit and hasn't been shinified.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Yeah I believe the Mew was Powersave'd shiny and then had its ribbon removed. It seems to be consistent with the recent Mew distributions, but I haven't been keeping up.

And the Link Trade isn't a stupid question at all! If a Pokemon is hatched from a traded egg, then it will say the egg came from a Link Trade. TSV hatching is the most probable way of getting competitive shinies, especially perfect 5IV/6IVs. It involves matching eggs and trainers with specific numbers; if you're more curious, you can google to find out more. Of course, getting a perfect spread is entirely possible without this method; I know a couple people that have been successful in hatching perfect shinies with luck and patience. Masuda Method, Shiny Charm, etc. have made it easier to get shinies from eggs in the past while mechanics like the Destiny Knot (to pass down IVs) and Everstone (to pass down nature) make competitive breeding more viable. However, especially if they come from Wonder Trade, it raises more red flags due to its improbability, so shiny eggs that don't come from a Link Trade are more likely to be hacked or shinified.

tldr: If a hatched Pokemon says the egg came from a Link Trade, it's more of a guarantee that it's legit and hasn't been shinified.

thank you very much for the reply Fissurous, so im guessing the mew is partially legit due to the power saves, though the fact its missing the ribbons falsifies it to an extent. its still a cool pkmn and the first mew that i have been able to keep for myself. i had a mew touch traded for the entry long ago and wasnt able to get a mew ever since.

thank you for clarifying the link trade question, i wasnt aware a traded egg could also give the link trade notification. ive gotten a few near prefect shinies mostly 3-4 good 31 IVs but i did get a perfect timid 5IV male snorunt already so its very believable that i could get a shiny 6IV pkmn. the only problem is that i dont have the patience for it, usually 3-4IVs are good enough for me when they come my way.

i'll keep and eye out for the link trade whenever i get my next shiny from a trade.

shikinokurai

Gazerock is Not DEAD
Pokemon Species: Jirachi
Nickname: None
OT: YT/Hipoplay
IDno: 43148
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Serene Grace
Moves: Wish / Last Resort / Iron Head / Doom Desire
Level Caught at: 5
Stats: HP 404, Atk 264, Def 268, Sp. Atk 212, Sp. Def 236, Spd 262
Location Caught: a Pokemon movie
Date Met: 8/9/2014

Kevin24

Event Collector
Pokemon Species: Jirachi
Nickname: None
OT: YT/Hipoplay
IDno: 43148
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Serene Grace
Moves: Wish / Last Resort / Iron Head / Doom Desire
Level Caught at: 5
Stats: HP 404, Atk 264, Def 268, Sp. Atk 212, Sp. Def 236, Spd 262
Location Caught: a Pokemon movie
Date Met: 8/9/2014

bad hack. jirachis all have set event ots and ids

kinvara

pokemon legend
pokemon species is ditto
gender none
nickname none
ot is a jap name
IDno is 10175
shiny yes
iv's 6ivs
nature hasty
characteristic capable of taking hits
ability imposter
moves transform
level caught at not known
current level is 100
no ribbons
pokeball master ball
other note is seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the unova region
its a japanise ditto

Last edited:

dewey911p

primus inter pares
pokemon species is ditto
gender none
nickname none
ot is a jap name
IDno is 10175
shiny yes
iv's 6ivs
nature hasty
characteristic capable of taking hits
ability imposter
moves transform
level caught at not known
current level is 100
no ribbons
pokeball master ball
other note is seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the unova region
its a japanise ditto

Shiny Imposter Ditto is not possible as far as I recall. Hacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.