• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i got 2 pkmn from WT yesterday and im pretty sure they are hacked. one of them is a 31 x 6IV lvl 100 shiny JPN magikarp modest (+ focus sash), cherish ball that came from the unova region ID number 03203. i dont know if the cherish ball is a legit ball on it but all its stats are very suspicious. the second pkmn is an ORAS shiny brave heatran (masterball lvl 78) with a perfect ATK IV and 0IVs for the other 5 stats, ot:24231/bigdog. is the heatran just a very unlucky IV spread or has it been messed around with to give it horrible stats?

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
i got 2 pkmn from WT yesterday and im pretty sure they are hacked. one of them is a 31 x 6IV lvl 100 shiny JPN magikarp modest (+ focus sash), cherish ball that came from the unova region ID number 03203. i dont know if the cherish ball is a legit ball on it but all its stats are very suspicious. the second pkmn is an ORAS shiny brave heatran (masterball lvl 78) with a perfect ATK IV and 0IVs for the other 5 stats, ot:24231/bigdog. is the heatran just a very unlucky IV spread or has it been messed around with to give it horrible stats?

There was a shiny Magikarp event in BW and the ID No. does match up with the one on the Event database but if you got it off WT then it's definitely hacked as it's supposed to have an Event Ribbon on it that prevents it from being traded that way.

Heatran is also 100% hacked as all XYORAS legendary Pokemon come with a minimum 3 31 IVs.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
There was a shiny Magikarp event in BW and the ID No. does match up with the one on the Event database but if you got it off WT then it's definitely hacked as it's supposed to have an Event Ribbon on it that prevents it from being traded that way.

Heatran is also 100% hacked as all XYORAS legendary Pokemon come with a minimum 3 31 IVs.

thank you very much for the reply. there is indeed no ribbon on the magikarp so its not very legit. i found the IV spread for the shiny Heatran to be very suspicious, mostly for the heck of it to be useless in battle.

i just got a HA safari ball cleffa female from WT. is the HA and gen 4 ball combo also hacked?

Last edited:

SpiredMoth

HA Merchant
thank you very much for the reply. there is indeed no ribbon on the magikarp so its not very legit. i found the IV spread for the shiny Heatran to be very suspicious, mostly for the heck of it to be useless in battle.

i just got a HA safari ball cleffa female from WT. is the HA and gen 4 ball combo also hacked?

The following balls have not been usable since Gen 4 and thus are incompatible with HAs (which were introduced in Gen 5): Fast, Friend, Heavy, Level, Love, Lure, Moon, Safari, Sport

nel3

Crimson Dragon
The following balls have not been usable since Gen 4 and thus are incompatible with HAs (which were introduced in Gen 5): Fast, Friend, Heavy, Level, Love, Lure, Moon, Safari, Sport

thank you very much, i had a feeling that was the case. i can still drop the HA from it but i wont bother to keep any HA pkmn form that type. so the HA only started with gen 5 then from what i understand?

shadowF

So I got these two pokemon from gts negotiations and was wondering if they are legit,

Pokemon Species: Skorupi
Pokemon Gender: male
Nickname: none
OT: DRAKO
IDno: 49179
Shiny?: Yes
EV's: (if known) IDK
IV's: (if known) Serebii's IV Calculator IDK
Nature: Sassy
Characteristic: Highly curious
Ability: Sniper
Moves: Bug Bite, Poison Fang, Venoshock, and Hone Claws
Level Caught at: N/A
Current Level: Lv 31
Stats: 40/61/32/46/42
Location Caught: link trade-Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach Kalos Region from Unova Region
Date Met: N/A
Egg?: N/A
Pokeball Caught In: Master Ball
Ribbons: none

Pokemon Species: Sandile
Nickname: Sandile
OT: JEAM
IDno: 15676
EV's: N/A
IV's: N/A
Nature: Rash
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Ability: Moxie
Moves: Sand Attack, Torment, Sand Tomb, and Assurance
Current Level: lv 18
Stats:34/22/19/18/28
Location Caught: link trade-Seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach Kalos Region from Unova Region
Egg?:N/A
Pokeball Caught In: Luxury Ball
Any other notes?: jappanese but has Sandile as its english name

So I got these two pokemon from gts negotiations and was wondering if they are legit,

Pokemon Species: Skorupi
Nickname: none
OT: DRAKO
IDno: 49179
EV's: (if known) IDK
IV's: (if known) Serebii's IV Calculator IDK
Nature: Sassy
Characteristic: Highly curious
Ability: Sniper
Moves: Bug Bite, Poison Fang, Venoshock, and Hone Claws
Current Level: Lv 31
Stats: 40/61/32/46/42
Egg?: N/A
Pokeball Caught In: Master Ball

Pokemon Species: Sandile
Nickname: Sandile
OT: JEAM
IDno: 15676
EV's: N/A
IV's: N/A
Nature: Rash
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Ability: Moxie
Moves: Sand Attack, Torment, Sand Tomb, and Assurance
Current Level: lv 18
Stats:34/22/19/18/28
Egg?:N/A
Any other notes?: jappanese but has Sandile as its english name
Since they came from 5th gen, RNG and luck basically made everything possible, so the Skorupi looks fine. As for the Sandile, I'm not sure about how languages work in past generations, so idk if two different languages would indicate a hack or not.

Firekit

The Grass Master
Pokemon Species: Volcanion
Pokemon Gender: None
Nickname: Look in Pics
OT: Look in Pics
IDno: 04166
Shiny?: Nope
EV's: Unknown
IV's: Unknown
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves: Steam Eruption, Stone Edge, Focus Blast, Sludge Wave
Level Caught at: 70
Current Level: 100
Stats: Look in Pics
Location Caught: Pokemon Movie 16
Date Met: 4/16/2016
Egg?: Nope
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball
Ribbons: None
Any other notes?: Apparently a fateful encounter

Pics: http://orig02.deviantart.net/bc7a/f/2016/107/2/6/snapshot_20160416_1_by_firekit11-d9zajhd.jpg http://orig01.deviantart.net/0b23/f/2016/107/6/2/snapshot_20160416_2_by_firekit11-d9zajib.jpg http://orig07.deviantart.net/0f4e/f/2016/107/8/1/snapshot_20160416_10_by_firekit11-d9zajkl.jpg http://orig00.deviantart.net/cdf8/f/2016/107/e/8/snapshot_20160416_6_by_firekit11-d9zajmy.jpg

Road

Shiny Master
Pokemon Species: Volcanion
Pokemon Gender: None
Nickname: Look in Pics
OT: Look in Pics
IDno: 04166
Shiny?: Nope
EV's: Unknown
IV's: Unknown
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves: Steam Eruption, Stone Edge, Focus Blast, Sludge Wave
Level Caught at: 70
Stats: Look in Pics
Location Caught: Pokemon Movie 16
Egg?: Nope
Pokeball Caught In: Cherish Ball
Ribbons: None
Any other notes?: Apparently a fateful encounter

Pics: http://orig02.deviantart.net/bc7a/f/2016/107/2/6/snapshot_20160416_1_by_firekit11-d9zajhd.jpg http://orig01.deviantart.net/0b23/f/2016/107/6/2/snapshot_20160416_2_by_firekit11-d9zajib.jpg http://orig07.deviantart.net/0f4e/f/2016/107/8/1/snapshot_20160416_10_by_firekit11-d9zajkl.jpg http://orig00.deviantart.net/cdf8/f/2016/107/e/8/snapshot_20160416_6_by_firekit11-d9zajmy.jpg
The name of the Pokemon and OT do not match the details for the Pokemon Movie Volcanion, which is the only legit Volcanion available, so it is a hack.

Earendil

Since they came from 5th gen, RNG and luck basically made everything possible, so the Skorupi looks fine. As for the Sandile, I'm not sure about how languages work in past generations, so idk if two different languages would indicate a hack or not.

If languages work/ worked in Generation 5 like they did in Generation 4, then chances are the Sandile was an egg produced in a Japanese game that was subsequently hatched in an English one. As an example, I had a Pokemon that a German player here evolved for me: it adopted its German name upon changing.

I'm wondering about the "link trade" summary screen tags, though. I thought those were something that only appeared in a Pokemon's Generation of origin, and which disappeared if if was moved forward.

To the original poster: did you self-trade these to a different game of yours after you moved them forward? Or have they always been on the same copy of X or Y?

Last edited:

topdeckhaxo_o

Hi!

Hi,

I have a Pokemon I want to check with you guys here.

I got it on the GTS by trading a random Poke for:

Pokemon Species: Raikou
Pokemon Gender: genderless
Nickname: none (Raikou)
OT: AuSLove.TV
IDno: 54321
EV's: 252 in SpA, 252 in Spd, 4 in Def
IV's: 31 in everything except for Atk and Def, which are both 30 each
Nature: Timid
Characteristic: Alert to Sounds
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Hidden Power (Ice) at 24 PP, Thunderbolt at 24 PP, Volt Switch at 32 PP, Calm Mind at 20 PP
Level Caught at: 50
Stats: 321, 184, 186, 329, 236, 361
Location Caught: Faraway Place
Date Met: 1/11/2016
Egg?: no
Pokeball Caught In: Love Ball
Any other notes?: Came with Leftovers

I know this Raikou is probably not legitimate, and I've looked into the OT (AuSLove.TV), and he's a You-tuber that apparently regularly goes on Wonder Trades on Twitch and gives away stuff. I especially saw him trade a Volcanion on Wonder Trade, and I'm pretty sure you can't trade legitimate ones via. Wonder Trade or the GTS.

I just want to know is this Raikou legal though for use in official tournaments despite being obtained probably illegitimately?

Last edited:

Road

Shiny Master
Hi,

I have a Pokemon I want to check with you guys here.

I got it on the GTS by trading a random Poke for:

Pokemon Species: Raikou
Pokemon Gender: genderless
Nickname: none (Raikou)
OT: AuSLove.TV
IDno: 54321
EV's: 252 in SpA, 252 in Spd, 4 in Def
IV's: 31 in everything except for Atk and Def, which are both 30 each
Nature: Timid
Characteristic: Alert to Sounds
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Hidden Power (Ice) at 24 PP, Thunderbolt at 24 PP, Volt Switch at 32 PP, Calm Mind at 20 PP
Level Caught at: 50
Stats: 321, 184, 186, 329, 236, 361
Location Caught: Faraway Place
Date Met: 1/11/2016
Egg?: no
Pokeball Caught In: Love Ball
Any other notes?: Came with Leftovers

I know this Raikou is probably not legitimate, and I've looked into the OT (AuSLove.TV), and he's a You-tuber that apparently regularly goes on Wonder Trades on Twitch and gives away stuff. I especially saw him trade a Volcanion on Wonder Trade, and I'm pretty sure you can't trade legitimate ones via. Wonder Trade or the GTS.

I just want to know is this Raikou legal though for use in official tournaments despite being obtained probably illegitimately?
There's a lot of factors at play here, but I'm gonna go with it's probably hacked.

1. "Faraway Place" is what it says if you get it in HGSS then trade it to another Gen IV game, but you get it at Lv. 40, not 50. (All other factors would be fine here, since you could still RNG in HGSS and the Love Ball was available in this gen.)
2. Furthermore, pretty sure it should say something akin to "Arrived from the Johto region" if it was from Gen IV, and not anything about a "Faraway Place."
3. The issue is then that it was caught at Lv. 50, which would indicate it was caught in the Trackless Forest. Love Ball isn't available in this Gen so that's an automatic fail. Assuming yer viewing the summary in XY, I'm thinking "Faraway Place" is there because "Trackless Forest" isn't an available location in those games. Also, the spread is questionable because RNG is no longer possible.

That's my ideas behind it. I would need someone to check on the "Faraway Place" parts since I'm not 100% sure.

As for use in official tournaments, do you mean like regionals/nationals? I think they have hack-checking devices they put your team through, so it's up to that whether or not it goes through. Otherwise it's up to your conscience, if you really feel okay using a hack in a tournament hahah.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i got a self-hatched MM greninja that im getting a headache trying to find out what it is off by.

Pokemon Species: greninja
Pokemon Gender: female
Nickname: Shiki
OT: Nelliel
IDno: 11733
EV's: 252 in SpA, 252 in Speed, 6 in ATK
IV's: 31/?/31/31/31/2-3???
hidden power: ice
Nature: naive
Characteristic: somewhat vain
Ability: protein
Moves: grass knot, icebeam, scald, toxic spikes
Level Caught at: egg
Current Level: 56
Stats: HP 164, ATK 129, DEF 97, SPA 170, SDF 90, SPEED 195
Location Caught: KB
Egg?: yes

i tried the serebii IV calculator on my LVL 56 naive shiny 4IV-(imperfect ATK/Speed IV) and im getting some weird results unless i fudged inputting the stats.

if i put the stats correctly i get this result:
#658 Greninja [Naive]
IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 26, 27 / 31 / 2, 3
Stats at Lv.56: 164 / 129 (6) / 97 / 170 (252) / 90 / 195 (252)

the problem lies with the IVs apparently the judge says ATK and Speed are imperfect but serebii calculator says otherwise. in my MM pairing i did get JPN HA froakie with 5IVs to pair with my pkmn. i dont recall if the final pairing had a local male or female as i had to shuffle it around to get some EM but its likely a JPN male pairing.

if im correct, this would be the JPN male
Pokemon Species: froakie
Nickname: na
OT: JPN player
IDno: 18424
Shiny?: no
EV's: none
IV's: 31/?/31/31/31/31
Nature: timid
Characteristic: capable of taking hits
Ability: protein
Moves: no special moves, standard lvl up moves
Level Caught at: 1
Current Level: 18
Stats: HP 48, ATK 24, DEF 24, SPA 32, SDF 26, SPEED 39
Location Caught: KB
Date Met: 1/20/2016
Pokeball Caught In: dusk ball

to be honest i still havent gotten the hang of the serebii IV calculator so i might be doing something wrong when i try to use it.

SpiredMoth

HA Merchant
If the Serebii.net IV calculator is giving contradictory results compared to the game, believe the game. Since the game has access to the hidden values (IVs and EVs), it cannot give incorrect info in regards to them. The discrepancy arises from assumptions the calculator makes on the values you give it. In your case, this discrepancy is probably being caused by incorrect EVs.

Try using a Reset Bag, or some EV reducing berries, on your Greninja to clear all of its EVs and inputting the new values of the stats and see if the calculator then agrees with the game.

Road

Shiny Master
Alright, I'm here this time to ask about this Shiny I got in a random trade. I'm having trouble deciding the likelihood of it being legit.

Pokemon Species: Florges
Pokemon Gender: F
Nickname: (none)
OT: Kaillus
IDno: 21487
EV's: 252 HP, 252 SpD, 4 SpA (should be exact)
IV's: Flawless (31/31/31/31/31/31)
Nature: Calm
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Ability: Flower Veil
Moves: Dazzling Gleam, Energy Ball, Toxic, Moonblast
Level Caught at: (egg)
Current Level: Lv. 100
Stats: 360/149/172/261/447/186
Location Caught: Link Trade (obtained) / Lumiose City (hatched)
Date Met: 11/23/2013 (egg obtained and egg hatched)
Pokeball Caught In: Heal Ball
Ribbons: Kalos Champion Ribbon
Any other notes?: I took it to the memory person and it has the memories of being hatched by their owner and being traded to me, so it is actually Kalos born.

Pictures
Basic Summary / Contest Info / Extended Summary

The IV spread is getting me. It's also an awfully early date (same year XY came out) but I'm not sure that holds any worry. Any ideas?

peterabing

Basing from your info that the HP is Ice and it should have imperfect IV for Attack and Speed, the possible Attack is an odd number and Speed should be even number.

Probably wrong EV because Special Attack would also not tally with the 252EV. Per calculation, at lvl 56, the SpA should be at 173 if you have 252EV and perfect IV.

Most probable IV is 31/27/31/31/31/2 or 31/29/31/31/31/2

Road

Shiny Master
Basing from your info that the HP is Ice and it should have imperfect IV for Attack and Speed, the possible Attack is an odd number and Speed should be even number.

Probably wrong EV because Special Attack would also not tally with the 252EV. Per calculation, at lvl 56, the SpA should be at 173 if you have 252EV and perfect IV.

Most probable IV is 31/27/31/31/31/2 or 31/29/31/31/31/2
I know nothing about HP so I'll take your word for this. I also don't have enough EV removing berries to check the IVs without EVs, so until then I can't confirm the spread. Assuming that's the actual spread, anything else wrong with it?

peterabing

I know nothing about HP so I'll take your word for this. I also don't have enough EV removing berries to check the IVs without EVs, so until then I can't confirm the spread. Assuming that's the actual spread, anything else wrong with it?

Sorry Road. That reply is for nel3. I was probably composing the reply when you posted to this thread. Sorry for the confusion.

BlackoutSLM

Elite Collector
Alright, I'm here this time to ask about this Shiny I got in a random trade. I'm having trouble deciding the likelihood of it being legit.

Pokemon Species: Florges
Pokemon Gender: F
Nickname: (none)
OT: Kaillus
IDno: 21487
EV's: 252 HP, 252 SpD, 4 SpA (should be exact)
IV's: Flawless (31/31/31/31/31/31)
Nature: Calm
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Ability: Flower Veil
Moves: Dazzling Gleam, Energy Ball, Toxic, Moonblast
Level Caught at: (egg)
Current Level: Lv. 100
Stats: 360/149/172/261/447/186
Location Caught: Link Trade (obtained) / Lumiose City (hatched)
Date Met: 11/23/2013 (egg obtained and egg hatched)
Pokeball Caught In: Heal Ball
Ribbons: Kalos Champion Ribbon
Any other notes?: I took it to the memory person and it has the memories of being hatched by their owner and being traded to me, so it is actually Kalos born.
]

I think that's a TSV hatched shiny. Look up on google, there's a community on Reddit dedicated to that. So it appears to me that's a legal poké.

Status
Not open for further replies.