• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon Species: Zigzagoon
Pokemon Gender: Male
Nickname:
OT: David
IDno: 49061
Shiny?: yes
EV's: (if known)
IV's: (if known)
Nature: Adamant
Characteristic: Likes to fight
Ability: Pickup
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Tail whip, and Extremespeed
Level Caught at: Doesn't say
Current Level: 5
Stats: 19/9/10/7/10/12
Location Caught: (link trade? time and space? distant land? fateful encounter? etc.) Time and space from the Hoenn region
Date Met: (if known)
Egg?: doesn't say
Pokeball Caught In: pokeball
Ribbons: No
Blue Pentagon? (yes/no): No
This looks like the Pokemon Box Zigzagoon from 3rd Gen but it has an extra move (Tail Whip). PB Zigzagoon also wasn't set to be Shiny so it seems unlikely. I'm gonna make the hack call on this one.
I'm actually going to say that it's fine. Pokebox Pokemon are rare as is, and shiny ones are even rarer. However, the OT/TID is (somewhat) known to be someone who obtained several shiny PBs legitimately, and hack checking it in previous generations with SIDs/files/etc. should verify that. Also it's a clone of one that's in Kevin24's collection and I trust him lol.

Raging Ghost

Red Dragon Archfiend
I would; hacks have very little place in the trading community. You also can't trade hacks on this site.

Wouldn't that glitch the game?

Anyway, I got another Pokemon to check out.

Pokemon Species: Snivy
Nickname: Snivy (no nickname)
OT: May
IDno: 35551
Shiny?: No
Nature: Bold
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Ability: Contrary
Moves: Tackle (that's his only move, apparently)
Level Caught at: Bred as an egg by the Day Care Helpers, so Level 1, I guess?
Current Level: 1
Stats: 11 HP, 5 Attack, 6 in Defense, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def and Speed
Location Caught: (link trade? time and space? distant land? fateful encounter? etc.) Day Care Helpers at Route 117
Date Met: (if known) Apparently 6/21/2016
Egg?: Yes
Pokeball Caught In: Regular Pokeball.
Ribbons: None (I don't think you can pass ribbons by breeding, right?)
Blue Pentagon? (yes/no): Yes

Road

Shiny Master
I'm actually going to say that it's fine. Pokebox Pokemon are rare as is, and shiny ones are even rarer. However, the OT/TID is (somewhat) known to be someone who obtained several shiny PBs legitimately, and hack checking it in previous generations with SIDs/files/etc. should verify that. Also it's a clone of one that's in Kevin24's collection and I trust him lol.
Oh this is good to know for me too! Thanks Fiss, much appreciated! c:

Wouldn't that glitch the game?

Anyway, I got another Pokemon to check out.

Pokemon Species: Snivy
Nickname: Snivy (no nickname)
OT: May
IDno: 35551
Shiny?: No
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Ability: Contrary
Moves: Tackle (that's his only move, apparently)
Level Caught at: Bred as an egg by the Day Care Helpers, so Level 1, I guess?
Current Level: 1
Stats: 11 HP, 5 Attack, 6 in Defense, Sp. Atk, Sp. Def and Speed
Location Caught: (link trade? time and space? distant land? fateful encounter? etc.) Day Care Helpers at Route 117
Date Met: (if known) Apparently 6/21/2016
Egg?: Yes
Pokeball Caught In: Regular Pokeball.
Ribbons: None (I don't think you can pass ribbons by breeding, right?)
Hm, I don't know. I've released hacks with no issue, but I guess you could WT it off again if you're worried about it. Tbh as long as yer not trading it on here it's up to you.

Anyway, Snivy seems fine. According to IV calc he could be 5IV but it's too low level to tell.

ninjaethan

Konnichiwa ~!
OK, thanks^^
Another one..

Pokemon Species: Jirachi
Pokemon Gender:
Nickname:
OT: WISHMKR
IDno: 20043
Shiny?: Yes
Nature: Naughty
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Ability: Serene Grace
Moves: Wish, Confusion, Rest, and Mimic
Level Caught at: doesn't say
Stats: 26/17/16/15/14/15
Location Caught: (link trade? time and space? distant land? fateful encounter? etc.) time and space from the Hoenn region
Egg?:
Pokeball Caught In: Pokeball
Ribbons: None
Any other notes?: IDK if Wishmkr Jirachi can be shiny or not!

Road

Shiny Master
OK, thanks^^
Another one..

Pokemon Gender:
Nickname:
Location Caught: (link trade? time and space? distant land? fateful encounter? etc.) time and space from the Hoenn region
Egg?:
I also have a Shiny WISHMKR Jirachi I was told was "legit," but later I was told it can't be SHiny. Fissurous would know the final call on this though...?

ZiR

Beginner Collector
OK, thanks^^
Another one..

Pokemon Gender:
Nickname:
Egg?:

I do know that Wishmkr Jirachi can be shiny, but the legal combinations are very limited, I don't know the exact number, but I read somewhere that is just 9 legal combinations of shiny Jirachi. However, I have no clue if the combination that you are holding is one of the legal ones. :/

Road

Shiny Master
I do know that Wishmkr Jirachi can be shiny, but the legal combinations are very limited, I don't know the exact number, but I read somewhere that is just 9 legal combinations of shiny Jirachi. However, I have no clue if the combination that you are holding is one of the legal ones. :/
After a little research, I've only been able to find that some of the legit natures are Docile, Bashful, Careful, Lonely, Serious and Jolly. I couldn't find a list of the exact ones that are in transit though. Doesn't give much more info as I'm not sure what the last 3 natures are.

So I think that WISHMKR Jirachi isn't constrained by any nature combinations; only gen 3 and 4 Pokemon with perfect IV spreads have that. That being said, shiny WISHMKRs are extremely rare, and the 9 out there are pretty much the only ones where there's a common consensus that it's legit/legal. I believe the other natures are hasty, naughty, and timid, and this naughty/thrash about one has been cloned and passed on for a while now, so I think it's fine.

PTHobson

Pokemon Species: Mew
Pokemon Gender: N/A
Nickname: N/A
OT: MYSTRY
IDno: 06930
Shiny?: NO
IV's: (if known) Serebii's IV Calculator
Nature: JOLLY
Characteristic: LIKES TO THRASH ABOUT
Ability: SYNCHRONIZE
Current Level: 59 ALMOST 60
Stats: HP-204
ATTACK- 155
DEFENSE- 156
SP. ATK- 127
SP. DEF- 140
SPEED- 156
Location Caught: (link trade? time and space? distant land? fateful encounter? etc.) A FATEFUL ENCOUNTER SEEMS TO HAVE LED IT ACROSS SPACE AND TIME TO REACH THE KALOS REGION FROM THE HOENN REGION.
Egg?:
Pokeball Caught In: REGULAR POKEBALL
Ribbons:
Blue Pentagon? (yes/no):NO
Any other notes?: CRAZY HOW I OBTAINED THIS MEW. I WORK AT A PAWN SHOP AND SOMEONE LOST THEIR 3DS AND COPY OF POKEMON Y IN PAWN AND LOW AND BEHOLD THIS MEW WAS ON THE COPY SO I TRADED IT TO MY GAME. IT WAS AT LEVEL 49 THEN AND NOW IS AT LEVEL 59. I ALSO TRIED DEPOSITING ONTO THE GTS AND IT WILL NOT LET IT SAYING IT'S A SPECIAL POKEMON AND CAN'T BE TRADED. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED. THANKS SO MUCH!

Road

Shiny Master
Pokemon Species: Mew
Pokemon Gender: N/A
Nickname: N/A
OT: MYSTRY
IDno: 06930
Shiny?: NO
IV's: (if known) Serebii's IV Calculator
Nature: JOLLY
Characteristic: LIKES TO THRASH ABOUT
Ability: SYNCHRONIZE
Current Level: 59 ALMOST 60
Stats: HP-204
ATTACK- 155
DEFENSE- 156
SP. ATK- 127
SP. DEF- 140
SPEED- 156
Location Caught: (link trade? time and space? distant land? fateful encounter? etc.) A FATEFUL ENCOUNTER SEEMS TO HAVE LED IT ACROSS SPACE AND TIME TO REACH THE KALOS REGION FROM THE HOENN REGION.
Egg?:
Pokeball Caught In: REGULAR POKEBALL
Ribbons:
Blue Pentagon? (yes/no):NO
Any other notes?: CRAZY HOW I OBTAINED THIS MEW. I WORK AT A PAWN SHOP AND SOMEONE LOST THEIR 3DS AND COPY OF POKEMON Y IN PAWN AND LOW AND BEHOLD THIS MEW WAS ON THE COPY SO I TRADED IT TO MY GAME. IT WAS AT LEVEL 49 THEN AND NOW IS AT LEVEL 59. I ALSO TRIED DEPOSITING ONTO THE GTS AND IT WILL NOT LET IT SAYING IT'S A SPECIAL POKEMON AND CAN'T BE TRADED. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED. THANKS SO MUCH!
Matches info for MYSTRY Mew so that's fine. According to IV calc, this Mew is flawless. Doesn't seem that unlikely since I guess you could RNG back then, and I think this is one of the natures that could get flawless. I'm unsure if it's supposed to say "fateful encounter" tho? I never figured this out for 3rd Gen events.

tl;dr Looks fine to me!

Also, you can't trade any Mew on the GTS, regardless of where you got it; GTS has restrictions of certain mythical/rare Pokemon like that.

thirteenguy

hi, when i see a lot of diancie on GTB i try to research and i want to correct it.

may i ask

- legit event pokemon can't be trade via GTB or wonder trade, correct?

- hack event pokemon can't be trade with wi-fi internet FC, correct?

- in wi-fi local can trade every pokemon?

Thank for answer ><

hi, when i see a lot of diancie on GTB i try to research and i want to correct it.

may i ask

- legit event pokemon can't be trade via GTB or wonder trade, correct?

- hack event pokemon can't be trade with wi-fi internet FC, correct?

- in wi-fi local can trade every pokemon?

Thank for answer ><
Assuming you mean Global Trading Station, almost every event Pokemon cannot be traded legitimately since they have special ribbons that would have to be removed. This is why a lot of events look perfectly fine until you see that it's missing its ribbon, a clear indication of editing.

However, you can trade whatever you want in trades, regardless of whether it is hacked or not over both local and wifi/Internet/friend code. There aren't any restrictions on what you can trade, except for a couple of version exclusives mostly involving items. That being said, we don't permit knowingly trading hacks on this forum; I'm just saying that it's possible.

Unfortunately I have no idea about wonder trade, since I've never used it, so hopefully someone else can answer that part. So to answer your questions: correct, incorrect, correct.

razor fire

So a Japanese girl wanted to trade with me on the PSS and so I did. We traded shinies for shinies, and I got a bunch of them. But after we traded I started worrying if maybe they were hacked, so I decided to check their summaries, and thought they looked kinda weird. They all had Faraway Place as their location, but I thought they also would say traveled through space and time or something like that. There are 5 of them so I'll just put them in a spoiler tag.

Pokemon Species: Carvanha
Pokemon Gender: female
Nickname: No nickname
OT: Japanese signs, but according to a japanese alphabet website it spells Ho No Ka in hiragana.
IDno: 62245
EV's: (if known) None
IV's: (if known) 28, 29, 9, 22, 12, 10
Nature: Jolly
Characteristic: Quick Tempered
Ability: Rough Skin
Moves: Swagger, Ice Fang, Scary Face, Poison Fang
Level Caught at: Apparently Lv. 35
Current Level: 35
Stats: HP 86, Atk 78, Def 22, SpA 52, SpD 23, Spe 59
Location Caught: (link trade? time and space? distant land? fateful encounter? etc.) Faraway Place
Date Met: (if known) 4/16/2016
Egg?: No
Pokeball Caught In: Ultra Ball
Any other notes?:

Pokemon Species: Sharpedo
Pokemon Gender: male
OT: Japanese signs, but according to a japanese alphabet website it spells Ho No Ka in hiragana.
IV's: (if known) 28, 0, 3, 20, 18, 25
Nature: Quirky
Characteristic: Scatters things often
Ability: Rough Skin
Moves: Crunch, Slash, Scary Face, Poison Fang
Level Caught at: Apparently Lv. 40
Current Level: 40
Stats: HP 117, Atk 101, Def 38, SpA 89, SpD 44, Spe 91
Location Caught: (link trade? time and space? distant land? fateful encounter? etc.) Faraway Place
Date Met: (if known) 7/15/2016
Pokeball Caught In: Great Ball
Any other notes?:

Pokemon Species: Barboach
Pokemon Gender: male
IV's: (if known) 3, 17, 22, 26, 8, 15
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Mischievous
Ability: Anticipation
Moves: Aqua Tail, Earthquake, Muddy Water, Future Sight
Level Caught at: Apparently Lv. 40
Current Level: 40
Stats: HP 117, Atk 101, Def 38, SpA 89, SpD 44, Spe 91
Date Met: (if known) 7/16/2016 (This one struck me as a little odd, but it's not impossible considering time as of right now is 2AM in Japan)
Pokeball Caught In: Pokéball
Any other notes?:

Pokemon Species: Wailmer
IV's: (if known) 18, 23, 29, 23, 13, 20
Characteristic: Good perseverence
Ability: Water Veil
Moves: Brine, Mist, Dive, Rest
Level Caught at: Apparently Lv. 35
Current Level: 35
Stats: HP 142, Atk 55, Def 42, SpA 62, SpD 34, Spe 54
Date Met: (if known) 7/15/2016
Any other notes?:

Pokemon Species: Wailmer
IV's: (if known) 4, 7, 7, 26, 20 , 17
Nature: Quiet
Characteristic: Mischievous
Ability: Oblivious
Moves: Water Pulse, Mist, Brine, Rest
Level Caught at: Apparently Lv. 30
Current Level: 30
Stats: HP 119, Atk 49, Def 28, SpA 59, SpD 32, Spe 41
Date Met: (if known) 5/13/2016
Any other notes?:

They look kind of OK, except for the Faraway Place and blue pentagon combo. I really hope I haven't been scammed now :(

Edit: I can't get the spoiler tag to work...

Edit2: I just realised the blue pentagon means that the Pokémon was caught in Gen 6 games, and thus the Pokémon I received may as well have been caught in ORAS. Anyway, I still want to have them checked

Last edited:

Road

Shiny Master
@razor fire

Seems you figured it out but yes, if you have XY and the Pokemon are caught in ORAS, they appear as coming form "Faraway Place."

All of them look fine to me; seems like they're from chain fishing which is difficult but not impossible. (Man I wish I coulda traded with this girl, her OT is great and Shinies hahah.) Also don't worry about the dates; I live in Japan and have things tagged in the future since my DS is in Japanese time (and I have events that are dated one day after the event ended because of the same reason haha). Also the date/time can be changed and isn't a big deal.

mathfreak231

Mistake in event database or failed hack?

Species: Arceus
Nickname: None
OT: Manesh
ID: 12215
Not shiny
No EVs
IVs: 31-31-15-12-31-17
Nature: Docile
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Ability: Multitype
Moves: Judgement, Perish Song, Hyper Beam, Recover
Level met: 100
Current level: 100
Stats: 381-276-260-257-276-262
Location caught: lovely place, a fateful encounter
Date caught: Sometime in late Dec. 2015. Forgot the exact date.
Ball: Cherish Ball
Ribbon: Classic Ribbon
Blue Pentagon: Yes

Got this in a Wi-Fi trade. It almost completely matches Singapore Maxsoft Arceus on the event dex, but the ribbon listed is the Wish Ribbon; mine has the Classic Ribbon. Is the event dex wrong or did someone actually hack in a Docile Arceus?

Last edited:

Road

Shiny Master
Species: Arceus
Nickname: None
OT: Manesh
ID: 12215
Not shiny
No EVs
IVs: 31-31-15-12-31-17
Nature: Docile
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Ability: Multitype
Moves: Judgement, Perish Song, Hyper Beam, Recover
Level met: 100
Current level: 100
Stats: 381-276-260-257-276-262
Location caught: lovely place, a fateful encounter
Date caught: Sometime in late Dec. 2015. Forgot the exact date.
Ball: Cherish Ball
Ribbon: Classic Ribbon
Blue Pentagon: Yes

Got this in a Wi-Fi trade. It almost completely matches Singapore Maxsoft Arceus on the event dex, but the ribbon listed is the Wish Ribbon; mine has the Classic Ribbon. Is the event dex wrong or did someone actually hack in a Docile Arceus?
Pretty sure it's a hack. The Manesh Arceus was distributed in multiple locations, and according to Bulbapedia does have a Classic Ribbon (but Serebii says Wishing Ribbon so I'm not really sure?!). More than that, this event is not listed as being able to be Shiny, and the only Shiny Arceus is the Japanese movie Arceus.

Last edited:

LLR

Vivillon Trader
Pretty sure it's a hack. The Manesh Arceus was distributed in multiple locations, and according to Bulbapedia does have a Classic Ribbon (but Serebii says Wishing Ribbon so I'm not really sure?!). More than that, this event is not listed as being able to be Shiny, and the only Shiny Arceus is the Japanese movie Arceus.

I thought he said that it's "NOT SHINY"

Status
Not open for further replies.