• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I'm posting this here because I didn't see a thread like it for SwSh. This is the Pokémon:

Pokemon Species: Ditto
Pokemon Gender: N/A
Nickname: (Japanese katakana transliteration: metamoso)
OT: (Japanese katakana transliteration: zuki)
IDno: 34497
Shiny?: yes
EV's: (unknown)
IV's: 6 best
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: It takes plenty of siestas!
Ability: Limber
Moves: Transform
Level Caught at: (unknown)
Current Level: 100
Stats: HP - 300, Attack (blue lettering) - 129, Defense - 144, Special Attack (red lettering) - 159, Special Defense - 144, Speed - 144
Location Caught: It seems to have traveled all the way across space and time to join me from the Johto region.
Date Met: (unknown)
Egg?:
Pokeball Caught In: Love Ball
Ribbons: None
Blue Pentagon? No origin mark
Any other notes?: I got it from a copy of Omega Ruby I bought in GameStop. I am pretty sure that the previous owner was a serious breeder because of the amount of eggs and Pokémon (including shinies) with Pokérus. They left multiple legendaries with varying IVs, some with multiples of those legendaries, including shiny Xernias and Yvetl that match perfectly the description of the ones from the 2016 event. From what I have gathered, it seems almost legit, but what throws me off is the lack of an origin mark. I'm confused about whether or not there could be a gen 2/remake pokemon without one. I'm trying to breed competitive Pokémon, but I don't want to use offspring of genned or hacked Pokémon.
Hacked. I don't think there's a reliable way to get better than completely random IVs in HGSS in the wild, so getting a perfect IV Ditto that's also shiny has such incredibly low odds it's just not possible. There's no Shiny Charm in HGSS either, so just full odds. 1 in 8192 for shiny, and 1 in 1,073,741,824 for perfect IVs, so combined that's literally fewer than 1 in 8 trillion wild Ditto. Even if this person spent several lifetimes just hunting Ditto and doing nothing else he or she probably still wouldn't have found one like this. To illustrate just how ridiculous these odds are, HGSS sold about 12-13 million copies. If each and every one of those buyers got out and literally caught almost a million Ditto in their file, statistically only one of those players would actually get this one.

And there are several indications that it's not from GSC, It lacks the GameBoy mark, it is in a Love Ball (while everything from Virtual Consoles comes in regular balls), pokémon from GSC virtual consoles can't go to ORAS, and the description also lists it's from the 'good old days' or something like that if it's from a virtual console game. If it were legit, it'd had to have come from HGSS.

Last edited:

Siicker

Hacked. I don't think there's a reliable way to get better than completely random IVs in HGSS in the wild, so getting a perfect IV Ditto that's also shiny has such incredibly low odds it's just not possible. There's no Shiny Charm in HGSS either, so just full odds. 1 in 8192 for shiny, and 1 in 1,073,741,824 for perfect IVs, so combined that's literally fewer than 1 in 8 trillion wild Ditto. Even if this person spent several lifetimes just hunting Ditto and doing nothing else he or she probably still wouldn't have found one like this.

And there are several indications that it's not from GSC, It lacks the GameBoy mark, it is in a Love Ball (while everything from Virtual Consoles comes in regular balls), pokémon from GSC virtual consoles can't go to ORAS, and the description also lists it's from the 'good old days' or something like that if it's from a virtual console game. If it were legit, it'd had to have come from HGSS.

You may be right. Someone mentioned I should have the memory checker look at it in any Pokémon Center. It seemed to have 2 dialogues, first one saying it seemed to have a fond memory that it doesn't remember the details to, second one mentioning seeing me in a field of flowers (which one of the legendaries I caught in-game also says).

loopytheone

Pokemon Species: Vivillon
Pokemon Gender: Male
Nickname: (Vivillon in Japanese)
OT: (It's in japanese)
IDno: 21881
Shiny?: No
EV's: (if known)
IV's: (if known) Two are 31, the rest are random
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Ability: Compound Eyes
Moves: Struggle Bug, Psybeam, Supersonic, Draining Kiss
Level Caught at: 30
Current Level: 30
Stats: 97/32/44/68/41/59
Location Caught: (link trade? time and space? distant land? fateful encounter? etc.) Friend Safari
Date Met: (if known) 6/9/2020
Egg?:
Pokeball Caught In: Premier Ball
Ribbons: None
Blue Pentagon? (yes/no): Yes
Any other notes?: Came from the GTS. Just confused about it being Japanese and a Sandstorm. Does Friend Safari Viv pattern depend on the friend's pattern?

Last edited:

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Pokemon Species: Urshifu
Pokemon Gender: male
Nickname: machamps.com
OT: Machamps.com
IDno: 993401
Shiny?: no
EV's: (if known) 252 attack and speed
IV's: (if known) Serebii's IV Calculator 6IV
Nature: Jolly
Characteristic: likes to thrash about
Ability: unseen fist
Moves: surging strikes, close combat, thunderpunch, zen headbutt
Level Caught at: not sure
Stats: 341/359/236/332/157/145 (from right to left if looking on home)
Location Caught: (link trade? time and space? distant land? fateful encounter? etc.) Galar Region
Date Met: (if known) --
Egg?: --
Pokeball Caught In: pokeball
Ribbons: best friends, effort, galar champion, tower master, master rank
Blue Pentagon? (yes/no): no
Any other notes?: The only thing that looks unbelievable is it's 6IV. As all standard ones come at 3IV and if the other stats had been hyper trained then it would look normal but they haven't so I'm suspicious.

loopytheone

Pokemon Species: Urshifu
Nickname: machamps.com
OT: Machamps.com
Shiny?: no
EV's: (if known) 252 attack and speed
IV's: (if known) Serebii's IV Calculator 6IV
Nature: Jolly
Characteristic: likes to thrash about
Ability: unseen fist
Moves: surging strikes, close combat, thunderpunch, zen headbutt
Level Caught at: not sure
Stats: 341/359/236/332/157/145 (from right to left if looking on home)
Location Caught: (link trade? time and space? distant land? fateful encounter? etc.) Galar Region
Any other notes?: The only thing that looks unbelievable is it's 6IV. As all standard ones come at 3IV and if the other stats had been hyper trained then it would look normal but they haven't so I'm suspicious.

Definitely hacked, Machamps.com is a well known hacker site that releases a lot of 6IV shinies and the like.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Definitely hacked, Machamps.com is a well known hacker site that releases a lot of 6IV shinies and the like.
Thank you. I got rid of it.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Sorry for double post but got another one I want to check:

Pokemon Species: Garbodor
Nickname: n/a
OT: NINTENDO
Shiny?: yes
EV's: (if known) 252 252 atk and speed
IV's: (if known) Serebii's IV Calculator 0IV
Nature: Adamant
Characteristic: Sturdy Body
Ability: Aftermath
Moves: Gunk Shot/Spikes/Stomping Tantrum/Explosion
Level Caught at: doesn't say
Stats: 271/ 283/169/ 218/169/112 (right to left)
Location Caught: (link trade? time and space? distant land? fateful encounter? etc.) Galar
Any other notes?: seems legit but unsure since I traded it for a random skitty of gts

0neboredboi

Pokemon Species:Zorua
Pokemon Gender:Male
Nickname:N/A
OT:Cici
IDno:260934
Shiny?:Yes
IV's: (if known) Serebii's IV Calculator
Nature:Careful
Characteristic:Thrash about
Ability:Illusion
Moves:Knockoff, Scratch, Imprison, Agility
Level Caught at:36
Current Level:36
Stats:Hp75, Att62, Def44, Speed57, SDef48, SAtt58
Location Caught: (link trade? time and space? distant land? fateful encounter? etc.) Link trade also den
Date Met: (if known)06/30/2020
Egg?: no
Pokeball Caught In:Ultra
Ribbons:N/A
Blue Pentagon? (yes/no):no

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Pokemon Species:Zorua
Pokemon Gender:Male
Nickname:N/A
OT:Cici
IDno:260934
Shiny?:Yes
IV's: (if known) Serebii's IV Calculator
Nature:Careful
Characteristic:Thrash about
Ability:Illusion
Moves:Knockoff, Scratch, Imprison, Agility
Level Caught at:36
Current Level:36
Stats:Hp75, Att62, Def44, Speed57, SDef48, SAtt58
Location Caught: (link trade? time and space? distant land? fateful encounter? etc.) Link trade also den
Date Met: (if known)06/30/2020
Egg?: no
Pokeball Caught In:Ultra
Ribbons:N/A
Blue Pentagon? (yes/no):no
Hacked. Gen 5 Zorua always appears at either level 10 (for Black and White) or level 25 (for BW2) or level 1 (for eggs). Level 36 encounter doesn't exist. And without the pentagon it's gen 5. The nature also doesn't match the BW2 nature, which is always Hasty. Plus, it's too low level to already know Agility or Imprison.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Since we don't have a thread for Gen 8. Just posting this here.

Be very wary of Mewtwos on the GTS. Seen more than my share of hacked shiny ones, hacked lv 20 ones, lv 25 ones, lv 40 ones, etc..

List of suspicious trainers

Pookie
Tomac (trying to show off their lv 20 one)
Green Ranger
Yusei
Le Docteur
jmjunior
Sudan(random Chinese character)
DWB
Bhpatts1304
olivier
nando
Kyle
Thanos

Last edited:

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
Talking about hacked Mewtwos and the fact that we do not have a gen 8 hack check thread, I will post it here... Is this Mew I got for my Mewtwo is hacked or not? Here's a picture of it in Pokemon HOME :

Screenshot-20200715-172100-Pokmon-HOME.jpg

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Might be one people did a hack/exploit to get. Especially given the Pokeball. The OT and the number caught my eye as well.

There was an event over in England where people could get a Mew of that level in a Pokeball though, going from Serebiis event page.

https://www.serebii.net/events/dex/151.shtml

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
Might be one people did a hack/exploit to get. Especially given the Pokeball. The OT and the number caught my eye as well.
Disposed of it. Thanks :) Will look in my gen 6 games for a 20th anniversary Mew and transfer it to my gen 8 games. (Too many Mews in my Gen 6 games because of the day that EbGames gave off the tickets, it was my b-day, so with proof of my b-day, I got more than just 1 ticket per game) :p

Edit : Finally got a 20th birthday Mew in my Shield, but I must obtain all badges before using it in battles.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Disposed of it. Thanks :) Will look in my gen 6 games for a 20th anniversary Mew and transfer it to my gen 8 games. (Too many Mews in my Gen 6 games because of the day that EbGames gave off the tickets, it was my b-day, so with proof of my b-day, I got more than just 1 ticket per game) :p
Ah. You're welcome. Lucky. I have some, but none I'm trading up.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Everything from the virtual consoles (the gameboy mark) comes in regular balls, those games don't store any ball data so Poké Transporter defaults them to the regular ball when they're transferred.

Looks to me like it's this Mew, see European distribution from 2016 in the eventdex. That said, it's quite an obscure one since it was only at a launch event in the UK, it's likely hacked to look like that one. It's a well-made one though, even the nature matches what the original would have been when transferred up untouched.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Everything from the virtual consoles (the gameboy mark) comes in regular balls, those games don't store any ball data so Poké Transporter defaults them to the regular ball when they're transferred.

Looks to me like it's this Mew, see European distribution from 2016 in the eventdex. That said, it's quite an obscure one since it was only at a launch event in the UK, it's likely hacked to look like that one. It's a well-made one though, even the nature matches what the original would have been when transferred up untouched.
Probably. Whoever made it, did a good job.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Since we don't have a thread for Gen 8. Just posting this here.

Be very wary of Mewtwos on the GTS. Seen more than my share of hacked shiny ones, hacked lv 20 ones, lv 25 ones, lv 40 ones, etc..

List of suspicious trainers

Pookie
Tomac (trying to show off their lv 20 one)
Green Ranger
Yusei
Le Docteur
jmjunior
Sudan(random Chinese character)
DWB
Bhpatts1304
olivier
nando
Kyle
Thanos

I'd just like to add to this that any pokemon you see on the GTS with the name Machamps.com or Pkmnlab.com or blatant hacks too and they put up easy trade requests for their hacked mon.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I'd just like to add to this that any pokemon you see on the GTS with the name Machamps.com or Pkmnlab.com or blatant hacks too and they put up easy trade requests for their hacked mon.
Seen more than my share of them. And there are others. Got some screencaps of them. Will try to add them (namewise) in this weekend. For anyone who wants to block and/or keep an eye out for them.

Starting now:

bit.ly/jaco9
freepkm.com
FB:SkyPillar
cutt.ly/ldps
SkyPillar FB (TheSkyPillar)
bit.ly/SWSHz
Gengars.com
tiny.cc/pkce
bit.ly/glxy5
ShinyMon.co(heart emoji)

Just adding in the names, not the screencaps, as those would use too much space.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Posting this separately.

Got a Chinese shiny 5 iv Gengar (with Pokerus) via surprise/wonder trade.

OT is P t Z 6 6
Id is 676993
It's lv 39

Here its moveset:

Fire punch, Ice punch, Thunder punch and Shadow punch

What it said otherwise:

This Pokemon is pretty Timid by nature.

It seems to have traveled all the way across space and time itself to join me from the Alola region.

It's alert to sounds!

Its memory:

It seems to have a fond memory, but it doesn't seem to be able to remember the details... It seems to have memories from its time with another Trainer.

Double checked its moveset and in gen vii, it can only learn the elemental punches via egg moves. So I'm thinking it's a Masuda bred Pokemon. I have a similar 5 iv shiny Togepi that I Masuda bred for. Thinking they gave the Pokemon, Pokerus, as it was being trained.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Posting this separately so as not to make the above post any longer. Found a new hacker who shares an id no with Machamps.com.

df798d0bcd119529556594cea6566f31099513af.jpg

13e44537d076b5d0c7211db56df02a19c3ffe525.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.