• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hack-Check Thread (Read the OP for simple hack-checking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Yea going by Suicune and Flygon being in Moon balls and Suicune's rather odd move set, they definitely seem like hacks.

Looked up Christos and found out they have a rom making history, if it's the same person.

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
Can someone check these for me? Both are 5 IVs and from the same trainer, which makes me suspicious.

EeCycT2UcAAlHst
EeCycT4U0AARXzP
Flygon seems perfectly legal, maybe Masuda bred, but Suicune... whoa. Good luck catching a Shining Suicune in a Moon Ball...

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Flygon seems perfectly legal, maybe Masuda bred, but Suicune... whoa. Good luck catching a Shining Suicune in a Moon Ball...
Yea the Flygon seems ok, but for both to have 5 ivs, seems rather suspicious. Agreed with the Suicune catch.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
You're welcome!

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
NO! Just NOPE! I received a hacked Kubfu on the GTS in Pokémon Home and both OT and nickname were "adf.ly/XXX" (XXX is used to replace the 5 digits that led towards an Hentai website). Instantly released... so beware of OTs or Nicknames with :

- Adf.ly
- Bit.ly
- Shorte.st
- SUKEBE♡BOY
- SUKEBE♡GIRL
and others might lurk...

EDIT - Added 2 other hacked Kubfu nicknames spotted on the GTS - SUKEBE♡BOY & SUKEBE♡GIRL. Be careful, pals...

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Good catch. Anyone with shortened url names and suspicious OT names are worth watching out for.

*This is just a reference guide for anyone who doesn't want hacked, cloned, etc. Pokemon, so they know what to throw out. Nothing more than that. No one has been or will be reported.*

Putting stuff in one post:

Since we don't have a thread for Gen 8. Just posting this here.

List of suspicious trainers

Pookie

Tomac (trying to show off their lv 20 one)

Green Ranger

Yusei

Le Docteur

jmjunior

Sudan(random Chinese character)

DWB

Bhpatts1304

olivier

nando

Kyle

Thanos

I'd just like to add to this that any pokemon you see on the GTS with the name Machamps.com or Pkmnlab.com or blatant hacks too and they put up easy trade requests for their hacked mon.

Seen more than my share of them. And there are others. Got some screencaps of them. Will try to add them (namewise) in this weekend. For anyone who wants to block and/or keep an eye out for them.

Starting now:

bit.ly/jaco9

freepkm.com (saw 2 of these in a raid today!)

FB:SkyPillar

cutt.ly/ldps

SkyPillar FB (TheSkyPillar)

bit.ly/SWSHz

Gengars.com

tiny.cc/pkce

bit.ly/glxy5

ShinyMon.co(heart emoji)

Just adding in the names, not the screencaps, as those would use too much space.

alvali (shares Machamps.com number)

Found by TokoyamiTheDark:

NO! Just NOPE! I received a hacked Kubfu on the GTS in Pokémon Home and both OT and nickname were "adf.ly/XXX" (XXX is used to replace the 5 digits that led towards an Hentai website). Instantly released... so beware of OTs or Nicknames with :

- Adf.ly
- Bit.ly
- Shorte.st
- SUKEBE♡BOY
- SUKEBE♡GIRL
and others might lurk...

EDIT - Added 2 other hacked Kubfu nicknames spotted on the GTS - SUKEBE♡BOY & SUKEBE♡GIRL. Be careful, pals...

I just found another one...

MRPKM.COM

And yet another one...

MGDiscord.co (got 2 of theirs tonight of the exact same Pokemon)

Just saw this one...

VegRaptorYT

And one that's tied to PkmLab.com...

Ash (133757) - they were the OT

One via another members experience with getting one.

eevee.vip

Found a new one (shares Machamps.com number)

PokeGens.com

Found by TokoyamiTheDark:

coolbaby123 (was trying to scam them with Pokemon that had ad.fly in their name)

Got a pair of Landrus today, both hacked.

One from Ash (573535), nicknamed MGDISCORD.CO (some of the letters being small); and one from PKMGen.com (118799).

Found a new hacker, PkmnC.com. And another one, ShinyDen.com.

There are a few repeats...

Got a handful of new ones to add...

Donatello - Blastoise (gmax) - originally hatched from an egg.

6 iv

Figured the guy bred it that way.

It's shiny and has Pokerus.

Thinking the guy gave it soup, so it would be a gmax Blastoise.

It had a Master Ball attached to it.

That along with the 6 ivs, Pokerus and shininess stood out.

OT

Macleod0083 (964635)

Other trainers

Eevee.zip (243764)

PkmLab.com (133757)

Machamps.com (573535)

MGDiscord.co (OT: Ash; 573535)

New ones...

SWOSH-X.COM (30611)

PKMFANS.COM (123456)

VENETHIS.COM (000001)

Just got a shiny Suicune.

OT: WeFix
ID No: 993401
Name: GenFree.Xyz

Heads up. Auto bot dens are still around.

Name:

The 8 Bit King

@8BitKingGaming

Found this one via surfing on Twitter.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Species: Trevenant
Nickname: DEE DEE
Level: 35
OT: Racon yx
ID: 00152
Nature: Relaxed
CharacteristicGood Perseverance
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Leech Seed, Curse, Will-o-Wisp, Forest’s Curse
Level caught at: 35
Where caught: Route 16
Date caught: 4/20/2016
Blue Pentagram: Yes
EVs: None (No boosts in Super Training)
IVs: I can’t tell, but the guy at the Battle Resort said its stats are relatively superior and it’s best stat is Defense
Pokéball Caught in: Great Ball
Shiny: Yes

Notes: I got it as a link trade in Omega Ruby for a normal Zebstrika. It seems legit, but someone offering a shiny Trevenant like this sounds a little skeptical

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
The id no seems rather low. Just got a similar Pokemon with a low id no via wonder/surprise trade.

Species: Cursula
Nickname: Japanese name
Level: 80 (original trainer raised it from an egg from lv 1)
OT: MOMO
ID: 00235
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: It likes to thrash about
Ability: Perish Body
Moves: Strength Sap, Hex, Night Shade, Mirror Coat
Level caught at: 1
Where caught: It was hatched from an Egg that was found on 11/22/2019, which its original Trainer got from a Nursery worker. It got hatched on 11/22/2019, apparently, while in the town of Turffield.
Date caught: 11/22/2019
Blue Pentagram:
Evs: Not sure
Ivs: Amazing; 5 ivs
Pokeball caught in: Premier Ball
Shiny: Yes

Notes: Threw it out in battle and it has star sparkles, not square ones, like I usually see with a lot of hacked Pokemon.

Last edited:

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
Ow... Got scammed my LEGAL Latios for a HACKED Urshifu on the GTS by "coolbaby123" since the Urshifu had "adf.ly" in its name. Then the dude put MY Latios on the GTS, and was looking for an... Urshifu! So! What I did... *smirks* I sent the hacked Urshifu back to its owner and claimed my Latios back! Latios has the same OT + TID than the one I had, so it really was mine... Karma really screwed that "coolbaby123" user on Pokémon HOME! :p

Edit - Added scammer's username on HOME

Pokemon Power

I think the Gen. VI GTS has been hacked. I'm trying to get a regular colored Porygon-Z, and twice I got a shiny. The second one was in a Cherish Ball and had no name. I checked the search function for Porygon-Z after and they were all shiny, with the last few's level and Gender requests saying stuff that shouldn't be there like "Quit the GTS". I released the second Porygon-Z afterwards.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I think the Gen. VI GTS has been hacked. I'm trying to get a regular colored Porygon-Z, and twice I got a shiny. The second one was in a Cherish Ball and had no name. I checked the search function for Porygon-Z after and they were all shiny, with the last few's level and Gender requests saying stuff that shouldn't be there like "Quit the GTS". I released the second Porygon-Z afterwards.
Yea that's not normal. Just avoid them. I only put things up.

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
Not again... it reminds me of shiny Legendaries with NSFW names on the GTS in 2014, asking for impossible trades. People put their own Pokémon and were saying "Clean up the GTS!" or "Do a thing, Nintendo!" One day, the Shiny Legendaries all vanished without a trace...

TheTrueRman

Amateur Breeder and Legend Collector
Shiny Tabu Bulu
Cherish Ball
OT- Sun.
Id- 190222
Nature- Relaxed
Classic Ribbon

Moves
Natures Madness
Zen Headbutt
Megahorn
Skull Bash
all normal pp

Everything seems normal, but the OT is scaring me. The Id # is right but

TheTrueRman

Someone on discord did tell me it was legal due to some language glitch defaulting to Original OTs instead of Ula'Ula
They said
"there's some weird glitch in other languages or something because of the apostrophe in the name, so it reverts to the default"
Also found a gamefaq article explaining the glitch
Does that change legitamicy?

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I wouldn't ever trust anything on gamefaqs tbh. That site is filled with hackers. Like, they're literally discussing their own hacking endeavours on that very thread. Where did you encounter the Tapu Bulu?

Edit: For reference, I just tried redeeming the one that was still with my delivery guy and mine just says Ula'ula:
qE9h37s.jpg

Last edited:

TheTrueRman

I wouldn't ever trust anything on gamefaqs tbh. That site is filled with hackers. Like, they're literally discussing their own hacking endeavours on that very thread. Where did you encounter the Tapu Bulu?

Edit: For reference, I just tried redeeming the one that was still with my delivery guy and mine just says Ula'ula:
qE9h37s.jpg
It was traded on an online connected trade not gts. Its location is the same as my other shiny talus.
"It Seems to have traveled all the way across space and time itself to join me from The Alola Region, where it met its original trainer for a fateful encounter."
IVs are in GREAt only 3 Best
Nature is Relaxed
It was transferred from my Ultra Sun to my Sword earlier tonight.
Everything else seems to check out, but the OT is the only Red Flag

Also while not reliable it did say it effects only when trading ENG ones to another player

Apologies i don't know how to posts pictures and im sorry for the back and forth. Don't wanna believe i may have been scammed again, and trying to get another is not likely.

Last edited:

juggernautgeo

Is this hacked?
Pokemon Species: Kartana
Pokemon Gender: N/A
Nickname: Kartana
OT: SkyPillar
IDno: 993401
Shiny?: YES
EV's: (if known) ???
IV's: (if known) Serebii's IV Calculator: (HP, DEF, SpA, Speed = BEST); (ATK, SpD = Hyper Trained!)
Nature: Relaxed
Characteristic: "It takes plenty of siestas"
Ability: Beast Boost
Moves: (Leaf Blade, Sacred Sword, Guillotine, Swords Dance)
Level Caught at: ???
Current Level: 100
Stats: (HP, ATK, DEF, SpA, SpD, SPE) = (259, 398, 327, 154, 98, 228)
Location Caught: (link trade? time and space? distant land? fateful encounter? etc.):
It seems to have traveled all the way across space and time itself to join me from the alola region."
Date Met: (if known): ???
Egg?: NO
Pokeball Caught In: POKEBALL
Ribbons: (Galar Champion, Tower Master, Alola Champion, Battle Royale Master, Battle Tree Great, Battle Tree Master, Best Friends, Effort ribbon, Footprint ribbon)
Blue Pentagon? (yes/no):
Any other notes?:

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Got a pair of Landrus today, both hacked.

One from Ash (573535), nicknamed MGDISCORD.CO (some of the letters being small); and one from PKMGen.com (118799).

Found a new hacker, PkmnC.com. And another one, ShinyDen.com.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Just got this through the GTS in Pokemon Y, so I wanted to make sure it's real

Species: Clauncher
Nickname: None
OT: Dannika
ID No: 54011
Shiny: No
Pokerus: Yes
EVs: Slight Attack
Nature: Quiet
Characteristic: Highly curious
Ability: Mega Launcher
Current Level: 35
Moves: Water Pulse, Water Gun, Crabhammer, Bubblebeam
Egg: Yes
Location Caught: Day Care Couple/ Route 7
Date Met: 11/10/2020
Blue Pentagon: Yes
Note: I double checked my ID No. & it's just as long as this one, so I don't think that would be a strike against it

RyDuK5zJ_o.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.