• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hacked pokemon good or bad???

Jackson

We all know that a hacked pokemon can mess up your game,its cheating, and bal bal bal.
But i want to know! do you think hacked pokemon are good in the case of like Mew. you can only get Mew from an event and people like me would dont live near a big city to get one so would it be alright to hack one then? and then theres a wifi trading thing. its most the time easy to tell if its hacked or not.

So....is hacking a pokemon that you "love" or "must have" or "is your fav."??

(I think it is as longe as you dont trade it for a good pokemon.)

DaMike52

Banned
Bal, bal, bal?

Well, I think its ok to cheat for event pokemon only for the pokedex entry. After caught em, release em. But if you really want one I think its ok to cheat for one.

I hate it how everyone has Arceus but won't have something as simple as a slugma.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
its not bad, but sometimes some codes perople create thats not codejunkies can be risky.

Hoppy

Contest Agent
Hacks for event Pokemon: Good
Hacks for items: Good
Homemade hacks: Bad
Hacks for stats, IVs, Natures, and common Pokemon: Bad

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
For me I raise two of the smae pokemon, one POkemon with illegal moves and the EVS passed the real limit for withing the game and the second Pokemon will be EV trained without codes and will not have illegal moves and I might use the second POkemon on Wi-fi f i can get one it (having problems right now)

tha mewlova

yeah i need a mew so i considder hacking one, because i live at the other side of the world then where events are held, the only event in our country, was the 10th anni

Jackson

ok so now people get were im coming from so

Hacked event pokemon are good as long as you dont trade them off for a good pokemon

and some iteams hacks are good as long as they're not like rare candys your gona us on your pokemon.

koxcstar23

Loser w/o shoes
I think they are okay unless they had like horrible stats or something thats all I can really think of because I myse;f have hacked pokemon

I don't see anything wrong with it, as long as your not trading the pkmn for legit good ones.I can actually get to the events, but im too lazy...im also too lazy to hack too, but you know.
Hacking for items is fine to me, in any sense(i clone masterballs in emerald and send them to DP) because some items, like gym TMs only come once...and I need more. I don't even use rare candies(dont EV train), so it doesnt matter to me if those are hacked.

Jackson

so so far almost ever one who has posted thinks its ok to hack under these rules
1. do not trade off.
2. us real codes not ones people made
3. hack iteams as long as there not to be used to make your pokemon super human
4. no state changing hacks

does ever one agree with these?

lilbigman42012

hacked mew nd celebi dont obey i heard. but yeh i mean i live in south florida nd im not goin 2 new york 4 an event that would cost over $1000 to get there and come bak and get a hotel nd stuff.

Shuko

Pippi! Pi!
I know this is going to make me the bad guy here, but my opinion always has been and always will be that hacking is wrong, no matter what you hack for, be it items, Pokemon, stats, or whatever. It's wrong, and it's wrong no matter the reason.

The reason it's wrong is that it's cheating. You're cheating the game's code into thinking you've fulfilled requirements that you haven't fulfilled. And that's just ethically wrong to me. Then again, that's just for my own code of honor, lol. It's not going to be the same for everyone, I'm sure. :p

And before you get up in my face about it, no, I do not have access to Pokemon events. So don't think I'm just trying to be a snob or anything, lol. I just think it's morally wrong. :p

Jackson

I know this is going to make me the bad guy here, but my opinion always has been and always will be that hacking is wrong, no matter what you hack for, be it items, Pokemon, stats, or whatever. It's wrong, and it's wrong no matter the reason.

The reason it's wrong is that it's cheating. You're cheating the game's code into thinking you've fulfilled requirements that you haven't fulfilled. And that's just ethically wrong to me. Then again, that's just for my own code of honor, lol. It's not going to be the same for everyone, I'm sure. :p

And before you get up in my face about it, no, I do not have access to Pokemon events. So don't think I'm just trying to be a snob or anything, lol. I just think it's morally wrong. :p

you do make a point but if some dont hack theres no way to finish the pokedex

They don't do events in the place where i live so hacking is the only opition

same with me so its hack or no jirachi. AND I LOVE MY JIRACHI!!!!!

Ryo242

Eating Pokemon...yum
Yeah...hacked Mews (I had two...sniff) and Celebiis don't obey well (My Serebii likes me though...I think...). Here's my opinion:
Hacked for Dex entries: Okay
Hacked to win game: Bad
Hacked to cheat: Unforgivable
Hacked to breed (Manaphy): ..Okay...
Hacked to trade on GTS: No, (But I'm guilty...)
Hacked to obtain in trade on GTS: Acceptable (How else are we, USA, supposed to obtain Aruseus and Darkrai?...I'm ignoring you Sheimi....)

Others:
Glitched to obtain: Legal (Darkrai and Sheimi glitch in Jap. vers)
Glitched, and used to cheat: Illegal.

So summary:
If you hack/glitch to obtain, or future obtain (GTS), or breed for Natures, or just because you want them, it's OKAY.
If you hack/glitch and are going to use it to beat the game, or battle people online (Because you suck so much, you have to cheat), then you're a noob. And Noobs suck.

Jackson

Yeah...hacked Mews (I had two...sniff) and Celebiis don't obey well (My Serebii likes me though...I think...). Here's my opinion:
Hacked for Dex entries: Okay
Hacked to win game: Bad
Hacked to cheat: Unforgivable
Hacked to breed (Manaphy): ..Okay...
Hacked to trade on GTS: No, (But I'm guilty...)
Hacked to obtain in trade on GTS: Acceptable (How else are we, USA, supposed to obtain Aruseus and Darkrai?...I'm ignoring you Sheimi....)

Others:
Glitched to obtain: Legal (Darkrai and Sheimi glitch in Jap. vers)
Glitched, and used to cheat: Illegal.

So summary:
If you hack/glitch to obtain, or future obtain (GTS), or breed for Natures, or just because you want them, it's OKAY.
If you hack/glitch and are going to use it to beat the game, or battle people online (Because you suck so much, you have to cheat), then you're a noob. And Noobs suck.

so....um....does the stuff your saying...mean i can keep my jirachi?

Shuko

Pippi! Pi!
you do make a point but if some dont hack theres no way to finish the pokedex
So you don't finish the Pokedex. Besides, you can always do what I do and trade with people online. :) In the older games it was different; if no one around you played Pokemon, you were stuck. I guess I wouldn't hold it against you for that, but I wouldn't have traded with you, lol.

Nowadays though, it's very easy to find someone online who can trade you theirs and then trade it back again. Instant pokedex entry. So today, there's no excuse for hacking, lol.

lilbigman42012

of course u can, no1 has the rite 2 tell u 2 release ur jirachi. mines legit but still.