• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hacked Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

xANGELx

xANGELx
What is the big deal with hacked pokemon? If someone creates a pokemon why does it bother other people? I've heard alot of people say that it's not fair or it's not legit, but who cares? I created myself a Lv50 Rayquaza (after I caught one in Emerald) to see how much of a difference those 20 levels would make, is that so bad? I can't get Arceus or Shaymin in Australia so I made them for myself, why is that a big deal? Generally people hack for 3 reasons.
1. To get a pokemon they don't have/can't get
2. To get the shiny version of a pokemon they do/don't have
3. To make a pokemon they do/don't have stronger

I see only small problems with 2 and 3.
I own 493 pokemon and the only ones I hacked are Mew, Ho-oh, Lugia, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Arceus and Shaymin. The ONLY reason I did this is because I couldn't get them ANY OTHER WAY so I don't see this as a problem. I made them with the same move-sets, same stats and same level as you would get them in the events so it's almost legitemate anyways.

I was very proud of myself for getting every pokemon I POSSIBLY COULD and hacking the others seemed irrelivant because it was the only way. If someone else hacked a pokemon, it honestly wouldn't bother me, so why does it bother you?
Discuss.....

Ampy

Light The Stars
Here's how I see it... I don't mind if people hack them then breed them for legit Pokémon... but usually people that hack them, will give them illegal stats or moves... I've seen Flare Blitz on a Shaymin :/.... It doesn't bug me too much if people hack but sometimes I have an epic video and I want to post it but I can't because the other person's Pokémon are hacked

xANGELx

xANGELx
I can see your point there, but I'm talking about the people who have full-blown spack attacks just because someone didn't get there pokemon "the right way". I know some people just do retarded things (eg. Shaymin and Flare Blitz), but why not just ignore that person and not let them ruin other peoples reps. Like I said I only hacked pokemon I couldn't get any other way, and I made them to match their legit brothers and sisters, and I get hassled about it ALL the time and I just don't think the prejudice is fair.

Last edited:

miGz

i <3 hayley williams
In my point of view, as long as the pokemon wouldn't have an ability/stat/move that can't be legitimately obtained, it's good. You just kinda saved some time, since unlike some other people, you don't have the time to burn for freaking IV breeding. Seriously, I don't get how people do that. ._.
It does kinda take away the challenge tho. Your choice.

miGz

i <3 hayley williams
In my point of view, as long as the pokemon wouldn't have an ability/stat/move that can't be legitimately obtained, it's good. You just kinda saved some time, since unlike some other people, you don't have the time to burn for freaking IV breeding. Seriously, I don't get how people do that. ._.
It does kinda take away the challenge tho. Your choice.

BCVM22

I've heard alot of people say that it's not fair or it's not legit

'Cuz it isn't. Simple as that. You've taken an external device and used it to forcibly take what was not given to you.

If that doesn't bother you, fine, but that doesn't make it legitimate.

Dahweenkster

Dah Weenster Baby!
I had some teams that I EV trained and I have a couple pokemon (Shiny Latios/Latias to be exact) That I absolutely AR'd the crap out of to be able to just play with. I felt a different type of fulfillment for both. The EV ones I enjoyed putting in the time and the effort, and the hacked ones it was just plain fun to make monsters hehe. But I feel that anything that is used in competitive play should be 100% legit (in capture/training/and move acquisition) but anything else goes in all the other stuff. I used the AR to get the unobtainable pokemon at the time...so...idk...I just play Pokemon and have fun :D

D

Deleted member 11515

Oi vey. Not another topic. Well, I'll let it go for a while, but behave >:<

I don't think hacking is right, but it's your own game, do whatever. As long as it doesn't effect my game :/

Oi vey. Not another topic. Well, I'll let it go for a while, but behave >:<

I don't think hacking is right, but it's your own game, do whatever. As long as it doesn't effect my game :/

it sometimes can affect your game, if you happen to battle a "poorly hacked" pokemon. It can change the wording of the "met at" screen for your completely legit event pokemon.

hacks

i dont have a problem with hacked pokemon as long as they have legitimate stats and moves and ablities and they dont have maxed ev's for every stat. as long as the hack is done correctly and doesnt screw up my game i dont care. The Reason why most people hack to begin with is to get shinies or event only pokemon since the majority of pokemon trainers cant afford to fly around the world just to get special unobtainable pokemon

xANGELx

xANGELx
'Cuz it isn't. Simple as that. You've taken an external device and used it to forcibly take what was not given to you.

If that doesn't bother you, fine, but that doesn't make it legitimate.

I never said it WAS legitimate, I know it's not, but it's not like it's not fair as long as you've made it with legitimate stats and moves. When I hack pokemon it's with the same moves and stats and I make them on level 1 or the level you catch them on and raise them just like normal pokemon. I still put the effort into raising them and I don't see how that's a bad thing. You said it's not fair to use an external device to get a pokemon so here's a similarity for you:
My friend spends $300 to fly to Japan or the US and gets a pokemon from an event. Not earned, just handed to them coz they're there.
I spend $100 on an R4 and make the same pokemon, same stats, same moves, still not earned and yet I'm doing the wrong thing?
Another friend can't afford either of these things and simply trades with a friend. Given to them yes, but AR and R4 are a public product, just like pokemon events.

The only difference is that one way is significantly cheaper. I just fail to see what the big fuss is about hacked pokemon.

BCVM22

Except that Pokémon events are overseen, operated and approved by the people responsible for developing and publishing the titles. Cheating devices and flash carts most certainly are not, on any count.

It's that simple, actually: one thing is legitimate and approved, the other is not. If you steal a piece of fruit from a vendor or if the vendor sees you and says "you look like a good kid, here's an apple," you've obtained it at no cost to yourself, but one method is approved by the vendor and one sure isn't. Pokémon certainly isn't serious business to the degree where I'm accusing you of stealing, mind you - Nintendo and Game Freak don't really lose anything for having you hack/cheat instead of going to a sanctioned event, where a theft victim loses property and/or revenue - but there's the comparison.

You are not being denied any appreciable status or benefits for not having event Pokémon nor are you being granted such for having them. If either were the case, you might have a point. And don't try and tell me that lack of events in your area "force you" to hack. For one thing, I've heard that one before and for another, events are distributed globally these days a lot better than they were ten or even five years ago.

Last edited:

xANGELx

xANGELx
Yes they ARE distributed pretty fairly around the world, but Australia has Nintendo events in capital cities like Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle etc. I live in Krambach. It's a 45min drive from a GROCERY STORE let alone a big city that hosts pokemon events. The last Pokemon Event held in Australia was Darkrai at Newcastle. It is a 3 hour drive away from where I live, but I went there and got it anyways. I'm not saying that it FORCES me to hack, I'm not even saying there are no events in Australia, all I'm saying is why is it a big deal TO hack if the hacks are the same as the legits?

flygonbreloom

The Flygon fanatic
I see no problems with hacking whatsoever, as long as it sticks perfectly within the boundaries of the games 'plan', I dislike hacked moves and abilities.

I'll admit it, my team I use to verse people online (No one here) is 100% hacked in, but it is also 100% legit (With randomized IV's, I refuse to go 31 on all of them simply because... well, it is a stupid idea, it defeats the purpose of IV's).

I also lack the time, so that too.

xANGELx

xANGELx
I see no problems with hacking whatsoever, as long as it sticks perfectly within the boundaries of the games 'plan', I dislike hacked moves and abilities.

I'll admit it, my team I use to verse people online (No one here) is 100% hacked in, but it is also 100% legit (With randomized IV's, I refuse to go 31 on all of them simply because... well, it is a stupid idea, it defeats the purpose of IV's).

I also lack the time, so that too.

THANKYOU YOU F**KING CHAMPION!!! Finally someone who see's my point of view. I hack LEGITIMATE pokemon, in that they have legitimate stats, levels, abilities and moves. All I want to know is why alot of OTHER people give me sht for it? I'm not doing anything wrong as long as they're as close to in-game as possible.

BCVM22

Yes they ARE distributed pretty fairly around the world, but Australia has Nintendo events in capital cities like Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle etc. I live in Krambach. It's a 45min drive from a GROCERY STORE let alone a big city that hosts pokemon events.

And that's certainly unfortunate and inconvenient for people like you, who live a few hours or more away from major population centers. However, what would you propose as an alternative? That events be held in places with lower populations?

It's similar yet different in America. Events are held at Toys 'R Us stores, which, being a major retail chain, tend to center near or around fairly major population centers. If you don't live near one such location, which is often the case for more rural communities or communities simply not near a Toys 'R Us, the choice is make the travel or decide it's not that big a deal.

all I'm saying is why is it a big deal TO hack if the hacks are the same as the legits?

Again, the fruit vendor. Steal from him and you get your apple without cost, but certainly without the vendor's approval. Get the apple from him as a gesture of kindness and you've gotten it both without cost and with his approval. Again, cheating/hacking a video game isn't stealing, but there's the distinction as clear as it can be made: approved vs. not approved.

If it doesn't bother you, chances are you aren't going to stop just because I use a metaphor involving a fruit vendor, but you did create the thread to ostensibly gather opinions regarding what you choose to do.

xANGELx

xANGELx
Yes that is very true I did want to know the opinion of the public on hacking. But unlike America and other big countries, Australia also has a lack of PUBLIC TRANSPORT making it even harder to get to a venue. We also hold our events at Toys 'R' Us or Target, but the Target in taree (near my town) does not hold these events. Without public transport, it's much harder to get to an event. Without a liscence it's even harder and with the price of petrol over here it's even HARDER. I'm not saying that it's right to hack I'm just saying that it's also not a big deal. May I ask why you personally have a problem with hacks?

BCVM22

But unlike America and other big countries, Australia also has a lack of PUBLIC TRANSPORT making it even harder to get to a venue.

Public transport doesn't play that large of a role in getting to American events. As I said, American events at held at Toys 'R Us, and while Toys 'R Us does have locations in major metropolitan areas like New York and Chicago (I dunno if you've ever been or ever will, but the Times Square Toys 'R Us in NYC is insane), but a fair amount and perhaps a majority of their locations are in suburban population centers.

I can't speak for public transit in every surburban area in America, but local train and bus routes aren't going to make it that much easier to get to an event, in the sense that if the event is that far away to begin with, taking public transportation there often isn't the easiest option. And to that end, most kids who fall within Pokémon's target demographic (and a fair number beyond it) wouldn't be taking public transportation on their own anyway.

May I ask why you personally have a problem with hacks?

As I've said, simply because it's not an approved method. The games weren't developed with the intent of people plugging in Action Replays and obtaining what was not meant to be easy to come by in the first place simply by inputting a few codes.

Life isn't necessarily fair and not everything is going to be available to everyone everywhere at every time, and if the only way that manifests in your life is in a video game, you're pretty darn lucky.

Memo

I would say that hacking your Pokémon is completely fine IF you hack them for single player-activity. At some point one is bound to start a new game with something else than the starters and the creatures found in the beginning so at that point it's pretty much the same where that Pokémon came from.

Also, t's not that big a deal in wi-fi either, IF, as you said, the Pokémon is a "legitimate hack" with fair stats and original/possible movesets.

But when one is trading Pokémon, I think it's fair not to give anyone hacked Pokémon (unless it's okay with them). Though of course it doesn't matter if you give someone, say, a Charizard, hacked or not, but of course we're talking about hard-to-get legends. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.