• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hacked Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

xANGELx

xANGELx
To continue this discussion, without the reasoning that hacks stuff up your game (which they don't) the fact that hackers give their pokemon unfair advantages (which only noob hackers do) and saying that it's unfair to the people who put effort into their games (which is also untrue because hackers make an effort too and everyone has the OPTION to hack). Why is hacking looked down upon?

PokeShinyHuntJack

Back....Again
I see where you are coming from but i have a few good/bad points 1.

It is fair enough to hack pokemon that you cant get thats fine.

Like many other people i hate it when people hack a Spiritomb with wonderguard or a Shaymin with fire blitz (like someone said) or just give them 999 stats in everything, there is hacking to an extreme, ive hacked once to get a mew in emerald and that was it.

Sorry but i think it is kinda unfair people hack for shiny pokemon, people work their socks off to get shinies and there is no such thing as a "shiny that someone cant get" people SR for it pokeradar it, random encounter it, say if you wanted a shiny mew, people would hack infront of the mew and SR for it.
Hacking shinies is what makes them becoming less valuable because if you use the "all pokemon shiny" code or whatever, then no one will know if it is hacked or not.

xANGELx

xANGELx
Actually I don't have an 'All Pokemon Shiny' code. Like I said before the only hacking program I use is Pokesav and from what I can tell (I don't really get heaps into it) you can only make a single shiny pokemon at a time and if you create too many they won't be shiny anyways. I was trying to create an all shiny game where I had all 493 shiny pokemon in my PC but once I had gotten past the first generation it reverted them back to normal. There is a limit to hacking, if not on the actual program then the person using them would put a limit on themselves. I can understand your frustration at the shiny hacking, PokeShinyHuntJack kinda speaks for itself when it comes to working for the shinies, but still wouldn't that just make you feel more satisfaction in knowing that you got yours the fair way? Wouldn't you get bigger sense of pride by knowing that you can get something that others have to cheat to get?

PokeShinyHuntJack

Back....Again
Actually I don't have an 'All Pokemon Shiny' code. Like I said before the only hacking program I use is Pokesav and from what I can tell (I don't really get heaps into it) you can only make a single shiny pokemon at a time and if you create too many they won't be shiny anyways. I was trying to create an all shiny game where I had all 493 shiny pokemon in my PC but once I had gotten past the first generation it reverted them back to normal. There is a limit to hacking, if not on the actual program then the person using them would put a limit on themselves. I can understand your frustration at the shiny hacking, PokeShinyHuntJack kinda speaks for itself when it comes to working for the shinies, but still wouldn't that just make you feel more satisfaction in knowing that you got yours the fair way? Wouldn't you get bigger sense of pride by knowing that you can get something that others have to cheat to get?

No..no.. I didnt mean YOU exactly have a "shiny pokemon" code just in general, i dont mind the way you hack, it is for an reason. I just totally disagree with those points, yes it is satisfying ^.^ it hard work paid off really.

I dont trade my shinies anyway so im not worried about not getting trades also i would like your opinion on some questions..

If you clone a pokemon using AR, are they both hacked or just the clone or are they both legit..

Secondly...

If you breed 1/2 hacked pokemon w/o a hacked pokemon without using AR is the offspring hacked?

Thanks.

xANGELx

xANGELx
In my opinion cloning a pokemon with an AR is not hacked because all your doing is copying the pokemon USING the AR. It's an EXACT replica of the pokemon with the exact same codes, stats, IV's etc and is completely pure because you havent modified it in any way.
I'm not sure what you mean by 1/2 hacked pokemon though. Could you maybe rephrase the last question? Sorry but I'm sooo tired so I'm not really coherent right now lol.

PokeShinyHuntJack

Back....Again
Yeah sure basically what i meant in the second question was..

Just say you had a hacked i dunno Infernape and bred it with a non hacked ditto.

The offspring just had scratch and growl, would it be considered legit?

Also.. If you bred a hacked infernape with and HACKED ditto the offspring was exactly the same as before.

Would they both be considered legit?
Hope that clears things up.

xANGELx

xANGELx
Yeah it does lol. Well I don't think that they would be considered hacked either because although both parent are hacked, it's the result of a natural birth and would have all the same characteristics of a normal pokemon, which is, the traits of its parents.

PokeShinyHuntJack

Back....Again
Yeah it does lol. Well I don't think that they would be considered hacked either because although both parent are hacked, it's the result of a natural birth and would have all the same characteristics of a normal pokemon, which is, the traits of its parents.

Yeah thats where i think there is a flaw in this, they could hack both parents so they could have 31 IV's in every stat, seeing as some IV's pass down, it would be much easier to breed a 31 IV pokemon.

xANGELx

xANGELx
Yes thats true, but I still would not consider this particular pokemon a hack because, as I said before, it's the result of a natural birth. The baby would be inherently strong as a result of the hacked parents, but it's still not a hack itself, just a gifted original = )

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
Lol just because you've cheated your Pokemon to be legit doesn't mean they are legit, they are still hacked pokemon wether you like it or not, i also think it's common courtesy to tell opponents that you use Pokesav!!
It annoys me when people buy a game but won't play it properly, it aggitates me!!

xANGELx

xANGELx
Lol just because you've cheated your Pokemon to be legit doesn't mean they are legit, they are still hacked pokemon wether you like it or not, i also think it's common courtesy to tell opponents that you use Pokesav!!
It annoys me when people buy a game but won't play it properly, it aggitates me!!

I didn't say they were legit I said they were legit hacks, which means they are modified specifically to be the same AS a legit pokemon. And hackers still play their games properly, which if you read the posts in the thread you would have already known. Again I'm sorry that you cannot be forewarned about the use of a cheat device. If you give me your name and phone number I'll be sure I call you and let you know before we battle/trade that I hack.

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread

..thats true...

People that hack their game usually aren't satisfy of what they have and will keep using cheating device

xANGELx

xANGELx
Or maybe we have completely finished our games and are just doing it coz we're bored. I finished diamond, trained ALL my pokemon to level 100 and had NOTHING else to do. So I hacked some pokmemon.

demnz

I hate breeding
Ok, this post is pretty much a repeat of what I've said before, because no one really answered me, besides Angel.

What the hell is the big deal if people hack Pokemon? How could that possibly piss you off?? If they use a 999 stat Pokemon in battle, JUST LEAVE. It takes like 2 minutes, it's not that big of a deal.

Secondly, if someone hacks a Pokemon, and everything about it is fine, who cares if it's hacked or not? It's completely the same as a Poke you'd find in the wild, there really is no difference.. Just took quicker to catch.

About the shinies... again, I'd rather spend 3 minutes getting a specific Pokemon than 3 days. Really. I've got better things to do besides play Pokemon (honestly!). If you have a sense of "pride" after working hard to get a shiny, that's great, but I don't. But that's just me :/

What do you mean by that? Like walking through walls or whatever? How are you mad? It's their game. They can play it anyway they want to, it's fun to them, so there's nothing really wrong with that.

Last edited:

PokeShinyHuntJack

Back....Again
Ok, this post is pretty much a repeat of what I've said before, because no one really answered me, besides Angel.

What the hell is the big deal if people hack Pokemon? How could that possibly piss you off?? If they use a 999 stat Pokemon in battle, JUST LEAVE. It takes like 2 minutes, it's not that big of a deal.

Secondly, if someone hacks a Pokemon, and everything about it is fine, who cares if it's hacked or not? It's completely the same as a Poke you'd find in the wild, there really is no difference.. Just took quicker to catch.

About the shinies... again, I'd rather spend 3 minutes getting a specific Pokemon than 3 days. Really. I've got better things to do besides play Pokemon (honestly!). If you have a sense of "pride" after working hard to get a shiny, that's great, but I don't. But that's just me :/

What do you mean by that? Like walking through walls or whatever? How are you mad? It's their game. They can play it anyway they want to, it's fun to them, so there's nothing really wrong with that.

Yeah, yet again i see where everyone is coming from ^.^ i dont mind too much if people hack their shinies its then if they go on to brag and spam about it.

At the end of the day it is opinion, everyone has one they are all right, but can be different.

GreenEspeon

Water Gym Leader
I can see your point there, but I'm talking about the people who have full-blown spack attacks just because someone didn't get there pokemon "the right way". I know some people just do retarded things (eg. Shaymin and Flare Blitz), but why not just ignore that person and not let them ruin other peoples reps. Like I said I only hacked pokemon I couldn't get any other way, and I made them to match their legit brothers and sisters, and I get hassled about it ALL the time and I just don't think the prejudice is fair.
If you have wifi you could trade on serebii wifi chat. I do. That is how i got my mew, and celebi.

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
I mean that people buy the games but won't even try to play then WITHOUT cheating at all, so many hackers i know cheat their way through because they can't wait to finish the game, Why buy the game in the first place if they won't play through it properly first? I mean it beats the whole purpose of why they bought the game in the first place.

And also when you ask people for a battle, you have to talk to them yes? So you CAN state that you use hacks!! It only takes like 2 seconds.

Also for the people that are confused!!

Pokesav pokemon with legit stats = Non legit
Hacked pokemon = Non legit
Pokemon raised,bred,hatched and ev trained WITHOUT ANY CHEATS WHAT SO EVER = Legit

Theres no such thing as a legit hack, because THEY'RE NOT LEGIT!

Last edited:

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Yeah, people who hack? Play Shoddybattle instead. Seriously.

Really, though, if you don't tell someone that your Pokemon are hacked if and when this option is available to you, that's dirty and cheap. Otherwise, I don't give a flying rat tush.

Pandeji

USED ULTRASPLASH!!!
I'm sorry to those people who I might have offended in my previous posts.
As of reading through the past two or three pages, I realize that I was the only one who was "raising their voice" in an effort to seem like they were correct in the matter.

Truth be told, I totally have hacked and have hacked pokemon in my games.
It was upon joining my clan (Delirium), which prohibited hacks, that I began questioning what I was doing.

I suppose that there are tons of ways to hack, and so there are general opinions about hacking that give it a bad rep. To clarify, I'll make another hugely long post that might not be read, and include all hacking forms as for what I can think up right now.

1: Hacking to obtain otherwise "unobtainable" pokemon, via pokesav or pokemon modifying - This is certainly the most practical use for hacking. I want an Arceus. I don't want to trade my 239875 shinies to some japanese guy for his 12th Movie Arceus, so I hack. That makes some sense to me. (Of course, with cloning, this isn't really necessary, but w/e.)
Reasons why others can frown: Simply, if you use them competitively. Illegal pokemon are illegal pokemon for one (A.K.A. Arceus). Secondly, and the one that will always be present - saving in Platinum. Can't do it with hacks. If somebody enjoys saving their battles, and you hack, they cannot save and therefore you are taking the fun out of the game.

2: Hacking to obtain legit, yet difficult to obtain pokemon (ex: Shiny Bold Celebi). This includes IV hacking and moveset hacking - Again, very practical use considering the difficulty of A.) coming across said pokemon and B.) difficulty of getting the right nature and C.) Shiny, if you want that and D.) IVs. That's a lot to try and do for a single pokemon. It certainly undermines the work of those who honestly truly worked for their 31 IV in Speed and Sp.A legit shiny Darkrai, and gives a very clear advantage to the user of max IV pokemon, but I mean they aren't really breaking any rules. Nobody can prove you did anything wrong unless they try to record the video.
Reasons why others can frown: Undermines effort of others, compromises fairness of gameplay to some degree, and can't record.

3: Hacking to obtain illegitimate movesets or massive, nonlegit stat boosts (ex: Blaze Kick Scizor). This is the most awful of all hacking/cheating. A player shouldn't have to forfeit a match because the other person is cheating. The goal of these games is, as argued, to have fun. Hence the target age group of 8-12 year olds. If people get on wifi and cheat to either instantly win or force people to quit, then they are compromising the goal of the game. That is certainly not fair.
Reasons why people can frown: Illegal, unfair, compromises sport of the game, can't record, and most likely to cause negative side effects for all people included.

4: Hacking to skip the game, or to get to certain areas in the game. This is, in my mind, synonymous to legit. Frankly, if we're looking at the game in terms of competitive play, nobody should care about how they play ingame. Also, by hacking to certain areas to get Darkrai, Arceus, Shaymin, etc, they don't really compromise the way the game is played online.
My biggest and most awesome supporting argument for this case is tweaking. I personally know the 11-patch tweak area in whatever that city's name is where you can acro bike mega fast, walk into a building backwards, and then bike for like 2149813475923487529348762957 steps to get to Darkrai.
This is ingame.
This requires no cheating device.
This is no different than the above hacking.

EDIT 5: Right. Hacking to get a pokemon with certain eggable moves and max IVs and right nature to ensure the "legit" offspring has a very high chance of being perfect. Frankly, this isn't any better or worse than number two comptetitive-ness-wise. It's still using hacks to influence the way your pokemon are made. However, this could be viewed as better, because you can record battles with said pokemon.

Ummm I can't think of any more, so I'll just state simple counters to some things I heard.
A.) If the goal of the game is to have fun and enjoy it (a common case used by hackers/cheaters to justify hacking/cheating online), then you are compromising the having fun and enjoying of it by others if you cheat while playing against them.
By saying you can hack and shouldn't have to tell them, you're saying you deserve the right to enjoy the game more than they do, and that's unfair.
B.) Hacking/cheating and then trading them is way lamesauce. I have a shiny female Vulpix named after my favorite fanfic (in it a lead character gets a shiny Vulpix), nicknamed correctly (Illis), with a neatral nature and 31 IVs in HP, Sp.A, and Speed, and Hypnosis and Energy Ball as egg moves. I was, needless to say, ecstatic about getting such a pokemon. I have yet to check if it's a hack. If it is, I'll certainly be very unhappy, therefore, once again, compromising the happiness of the game for others.
C.) A very simple way to alert others to the fact that you hack is to put it in your signature or something. If you feel no shame for hacking, and wish to uphold the spirit of the game, then it shouldn't really be much of an issue, correct?

That's all for now!
^_^

Last edited:

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
Yeah, people who hack? Play Shoddybattle instead. Seriously.

Really, though, if you don't tell someone that your Pokemon are hacked if and when this option is available to you, that's dirty and cheap. Otherwise, I don't give a flying rat tush.

I agree completely, i'm now going to stay quiet on the matter because i have stated my opinion and can't be bothered to argue with anyne anymore....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.