• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hacked Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
I mean that people buy the games but won't even try to play then WITHOUT cheating at all, so many hackers i know cheat their way through because they can't wait to finish the game, Why buy the game in the first place if they won't play through it properly first? I mean it beats the whole purpose of why they bought the game in the first place.

And also when you ask people for a battle, you have to talk to them yes? So you CAN state that you use hacks!! It only takes like 2 seconds.

Also for the people that are confused!!

Pokesav pokemon with legit stats = Non legit
Hacked pokemon = Non legit
Pokemon raised,bred,hatched and ev trained WITHOUT ANY CHEATS WHAT SO EVER = Legit

Theres no such thing as a legit hack, because THEY'RE NOT LEGIT!
Legit Hacks are called that way because Nintendo can't detected the changes that where made in the game. Unless they can find more than 1 all 31 IV pokemons, or just check your bag, they won't be able to find those modifications and delete your save as a punishment.

Yeah, people who hack? Play Shoddybattle instead. Seriously.

Really, though, if you don't tell someone that your Pokemon are hacked if and when this option is available to you, that's dirty and cheap. Otherwise, I don't give a flying rat tush.
Pokemon are created as a way to battle against others in person. A battle simulator won't give you the same felling as before.

Actually, like I said before, Gamefreaks created IVs so that Pokemon battle is more geared to chance than skills. If they get rid of that than we don't have a reason to cheat. Then again, there are legendaries though.

nintendude 64

Dropped my balls!
If you hack, thats fine, it's your game. Go ahead and do whatever you want with it. But if you trade a hacked pokemon or battle someone with hacked pokemon over wifi, thats simply not fair, because you have got an advantage that your opponent/person you are trading with doesn't that shouldn't have been given to you in the first place.

Orangefeather

Legit Hacks are called that way because Nintendo can't detected the changes that where made in the game.
I think you mean legal hacks. Legit usually means not hacked while legal usually means that it's possible to get that pokemon without hacking. Like a Shedinja with wonder guard would be an illegal hack.

Hacked pokemon are ok, as long as people don't claim something to be legit when it isn't (like a "legit" shiny gorebyss someone gave me that was blatanly hacked) or using illegal hacks in battles. But being able to get perfect IVs really doesn't matter, since most competitive players breed for 30 or 31s in important stats like speed and attack. And speed is the one that matters most.

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
I think you mean legal hacks. Legit usually means not hacked while legal usually means that it's possible to get that pokemon without hacking. Like a Shedinja with wonder guard would be an illegal hack.

Hacked pokemon are ok, as long as people don't claim something to be legit when it isn't (like a "legit" shiny gorebyss someone gave me that was blatanly hacked) or using illegal hacks in battles. But being able to get perfect IVs really doesn't matter, since most competitive players breed for 30 or 31s in important stats like speed and attack. And speed is the one that matters most.

I don't think the topic is about whether or not Hacked Pokemon are Legal, since it IS illegal to tamper with the programing of the games or use any device to so according to Nintendo. What the topic we should all be focusing on is whether or not we should stay away from Cheat devices like a plague since they're illegal to begin with, but they got away like they did over 20 years ago.

ignite444

Burn baby, burn!
I don't think the topic is about whether or not Hacked Pokemon are Legal, since it IS illegal to tamper with the programing of the games or use any device to so according to Nintendo. What the topic we should all be focusing on is whether or not we should stay away from Cheat devices like a plague since they're illegal to begin with, but they got away like they did over 20 years ago.

I don't think they are illegal per-say, because if they were, they wouldn't sell them at major retail stores now would they?

denizenofevil

I don't think they are illegal per-say, because if they were, they wouldn't sell them at major retail stores now would they?

Well, it's hard to say. Making copies of cds is illegal but they still sell cds and programs to aid in the process of making copies of the cd at major retail stores too.

xANGELx

xANGELx
I mean that people buy the games but won't even try to play then WITHOUT cheating at all, so many hackers i know cheat their way through because they can't wait to finish the game, Why buy the game in the first place if they won't play through it properly first? I mean it beats the whole purpose of why they bought the game in the first place.

And how would you know what other people buy their games for? If someone wants to cheat through their game to get to the end quicker it's their choice, why would someone elses game time bother you?

pastel

Viva el Reggaeton!
it doesnt feel right to have a hacked pkmn, if i cant get it its ok, but if not...
also it meses the game, so its bad...

ignite444

Burn baby, burn!
What bothers me the most is that no one has mentioned the fact that there are in game cheats for certain games. Like GTA for example. If you do a certain button combination, you can infinite money, weapons, life, etc... Yet no one complains about those.

pastel

Viva el Reggaeton!
it doesnt feel right to have a hacked pkmn, if i cant get it its ok, but if not...

xANGELx

xANGELx
I'm sorry to those people who I might have offended in my previous posts.
As of reading through the past two or three pages, I realize that I was the only one who was "raising their voice" in an effort to seem like they were correct in the matter.

Truth be told, I totally have hacked and have hacked pokemon in my games.
It was upon joining my clan (Delirium), which prohibited hacks, that I began questioning what I was doing.

I suppose that there are tons of ways to hack, and so there are general opinions about hacking that give it a bad rep. To clarify, I'll make another hugely long post that might not be read, and include all hacking forms as for what I can think up right now.

1: Hacking to obtain otherwise "unobtainable" pokemon, via pokesav or pokemon modifying - This is certainly the most practical use for hacking. I want an Arceus. I don't want to trade my 239875 shinies to some japanese guy for his 12th Movie Arceus, so I hack. That makes some sense to me. (Of course, with cloning, this isn't really necessary, but w/e.)
Reasons why others can frown: Simply, if you use them competitively. Illegal pokemon are illegal pokemon for one (A.K.A. Arceus). Secondly, and the one that will always be present - saving in Platinum. Can't do it with hacks. If somebody enjoys saving their battles, and you hack, they cannot save and therefore you are taking the fun out of the game.

2: Hacking to obtain legit, yet difficult to obtain pokemon (ex: Shiny Bold Celebi). This includes IV hacking and moveset hacking - Again, very practical use considering the difficulty of A.) coming across said pokemon and B.) difficulty of getting the right nature and C.) Shiny, if you want that and D.) IVs. That's a lot to try and do for a single pokemon. It certainly undermines the work of those who honestly truly worked for their 31 IV in Speed and Sp.A legit shiny Darkrai, and gives a very clear advantage to the user of max IV pokemon, but I mean they aren't really breaking any rules. Nobody can prove you did anything wrong unless they try to record the video.
Reasons why others can frown: Undermines effort of others, compromises fairness of gameplay to some degree, and can't record.

3: Hacking to obtain illegitimate movesets or massive, nonlegit stat boosts (ex: Blaze Kick Scizor). This is the most awful of all hacking/cheating. A player shouldn't have to forfeit a match because the other person is cheating. The goal of these games is, as argued, to have fun. Hence the target age group of 8-12 year olds. If people get on wifi and cheat to either instantly win or force people to quit, then they are compromising the goal of the game. That is certainly not fair.
Reasons why people can frown: Illegal, unfair, compromises sport of the game, can't record, and most likely to cause negative side effects for all people included.

4: Hacking to skip the game, or to get to certain areas in the game. This is, in my mind, synonymous to legit. Frankly, if we're looking at the game in terms of competitive play, nobody should care about how they play ingame. Also, by hacking to certain areas to get Darkrai, Arceus, Shaymin, etc, they don't really compromise the way the game is played online.
My biggest and most awesome supporting argument for this case is tweaking. I personally know the 11-patch tweak area in whatever that city's name is where you can acro bike mega fast, walk into a building backwards, and then bike for like 2149813475923487529348762957 steps to get to Darkrai.
This is ingame.
This requires no cheating device.
This is no different than the above hacking.

EDIT 5: Right. Hacking to get a pokemon with certain eggable moves and max IVs and right nature to ensure the "legit" offspring has a very high chance of being perfect. Frankly, this isn't any better or worse than number two comptetitive-ness-wise. It's still using hacks to influence the way your pokemon are made. However, this could be viewed as better, because you can record battles with said pokemon.

Ummm I can't think of any more, so I'll just state simple counters to some things I heard.
A.) If the goal of the game is to have fun and enjoy it (a common case used by hackers/cheaters to justify hacking/cheating online), then you are compromising the having fun and enjoying of it by others if you cheat while playing against them.
By saying you can hack and shouldn't have to tell them, you're saying you deserve the right to enjoy the game more than they do, and that's unfair.
B.) Hacking/cheating and then trading them is way lamesauce. I have a shiny female Vulpix named after my favorite fanfic (in it a lead character gets a shiny Vulpix), nicknamed correctly (Illis), with a neatral nature and 31 IVs in HP, Sp.A, and Speed, and Hypnosis and Energy Ball as egg moves. I was, needless to say, ecstatic about getting such a pokemon. I have yet to check if it's a hack. If it is, I'll certainly be very unhappy, therefore, once again, compromising the happiness of the game for others.
C.) A very simple way to alert others to the fact that you hack is to put it in your signature or something. If you feel no shame for hacking, and wish to uphold the spirit of the game, then it shouldn't really be much of an issue, correct?

That's all for now!
^_^

Kudos to you ^_^ You are the only person I know who has been in this argument from the beginning and still has legitimate and logical reason. You can effectively argue your point without resorting to childish name calling and that is truly a great quality you have. I would like to comment on your Vulpix...Energy Ball as an egg move. Isn't Energy Ball a grass type move? That seems kind of hackish to me seeing as Vulpix is a fire type pokemon.
I am aware of the problem of saving and uploading veideos when hacks are involved and for that reason I never battle with hacks online, mostly because I too wish to save and upload the videos =P. Trading hacks I am still iffy about because if a person asks for a pokemon that is unobtainable bar events, they're kind of asking to be traded a hack. In my opinion if I asked for a shiny Arceus and someone traded a hacked one to me, but it was the same as a legit one, then I would honestly just be happy that I got it, but thats just me.

ignite444

Burn baby, burn!
What bothers me the most is that no one has mentioned the fact that there are in game cheats for certain games. Like GTA for example. If you do a certain button combination, you can infinite money, weapons, life, etc... Yet no one complains about those.

Rocket Man

Up, Up, and Away!!!
I'm reading peoples post who are against hacking and I see some popular misconceptions so I'm going to break down the difference between Legit Hackers and N00B Hackers:

1. Legit Hacker - A legit hacker hacks normal pokemon. That means they hack pokemon that are exactly the same as pokemon found in the wild. They have the same strengths and weaknesses as a pokemon caught regularly and grow exactly the same. The only difference is the hacked pokemon was obtained alot quicker, there are NO other differences. They're IV's are not altered in anyway unless the player puts in a code with the IV's they want the pokemon to have but a legit hacker knows a pokemon cannot have perfect IV's therefore a legit hacker doesn't have pokemon with perfect IV's. There are also codes to alter a pokemon EV's but a legit hacker knows a pokemon can't have more then 255 EV points in a single stat therefore a legit hacker doesn't have a pokemon with super high abnormal stats. A legit hacker just hacks pokemon that are like everyone elses they just obtained them with a quicker method. They don't damage peoples games if traded because they're exactly like regular pokemon. And no every hacker does not just buy a game to run threw it and have no enjoyment. I played threw Pearl with no hacks and loved it.

2.N00B Hackers - Now these are players who hack pokemon with abnormal stats, perfect IV's, moves they do not learn, and other things. These pokemon do have a chance of possibly messing up someones game if traded to them because the code written within the pokemon goes against the code within the game so there is a possibility these types of pokemon could mess up someones game but it's rare.

Another thing I see people against hacking are angry about is the fact that some hackers don't tell people they battle against that they hack. I personlly don't tell people I hack and here is my reasoning:

My pokemon are normal and are legit hacks so there's nothing out of the ordinary about them other than the location they were captured at and how they were captured. They're not stronger or have an advantage over any other pokemon so they're just as good or bad as pokemon obtained legitimately therefore theres no reason I need to tell someone my pokemon are hacked because there just as normal and legit as my opponents pokemon who were not hacked.

Now the only way I can see someone disagreeing with my view points is if they're simply upset that they wasted hours of they're lives raising a pokemon that I obtained in 5 minutes and it's no one elses fault that you wasted you're time or took a childrens game way too seriously but you're one. So if you feel that way then you obviously dont enjoy playing the game the legit way and wish you could either do what hackers do or wish everyone played the game the way you do which is a wish that will never come true because you have no control over everyone that plays pokemon.

denizenofevil

I'm reading peoples post who are against hacking and I see some popular misconceptions so I'm going to break down the difference between Legit Hackers and N00B Hackers:

1. Legit Hacker - A legit hacker hacks normal pokemon. That means they hack pokemon that are exactly the same as pokemon found in the wild. They have the same strengths and weaknesses as a pokemon caught regularly and grow exactly the same. The only difference is the hacked pokemon was obtained alot quicker, there are NO other differences. They're IV's are not altered in anyway unless the player puts in a code with the IV's they want the pokemon to have but a legit hacker knows a pokemon cannot have perfect IV's therefore a legit hacker doesn't have pokemon with perfect IV's. There are also codes to alter a pokemon EV's but a legit hacker knows a pokemon can't have more then 255 EV points in a single stat therefore a legit hacker doesn't have a pokemon with super high abnormal stats. A legit hacker just hacks pokemon that are like everyone elses they just obtained them with a quicker method. They don't damage peoples games if traded because they're exactly like regular pokemon. And no every hacker does not just buy a game to run threw it and have no enjoyment. I played threw Pearl with no hacks and loved it.

2.N00B Hackers - Now these are players who hack pokemon with abnormal stats, perfect IV's, moves they do not learn, and other things. These pokemon do have a chance of possibly messing up someones game if traded to them because the code written within the pokemon goes against the code within the game so there is a possibility these types of pokemon could mess up someones game but it's rare.

Another thing I see people against hacking are angry about is the fact that some hackers don't tell people they battle against that they hack. I personlly don't tell people I hack and here is my reasoning:

My pokemon are normal and are legit hacks so there's nothing out of the ordinary about them other than the location they were captured at and how they were captured. They're not stronger or have an advantage over any other pokemon so they're just as good or bad as pokemon obtained legitimately therefore theres no reason I need to tell someone my pokemon are hacked because there just as normal and legit as my opponents pokemon who were not hacked.

Now the only way I can see someone disagreeing with my view points is if they're simply upset that they wasted hours of they're lives raising a pokemon that I obtained in 5 minutes and it's no one elses fault that you wasted you're time or took a childrens game way too seriously but you're one. So if you feel that way then you obviously dont enjoy playing the game the legit way and wish you could either do what hackers do or wish everyone played the game the way you do which is a wish that will never come true because you have no control over everyone that plays pokemon.

You have valid points though I really don't think it's fair to say that those who play the game the way it's meant to be played are taking a game too seriously. That's like me saying that hackers are taking the game too seriously when they go out and buy a device so they can put into codes to make their Pokemon shiny, have good stats or just obtain Pokemon that can't normally get outside of events. Neither of those statements are fair.

Last edited:

xANGELx

xANGELx

I would like to point out that Rocket Man and MANY others, including myself, have already stated that a legitimatley hacked pokemon CAN NOT mess up your game.

I feel the same way as Rocket Man about telling others my pokemon are hacked. Why should I tell them when it will affect neither the person nor the outcome of the battle. The ONLY reason I can see that you should tell someone your pokemon are hacked is because then they cant upload their video, BUT look at it this way:
If you DONT tell them and its a good battle, they cant upload the video.
If you DO tell them and they decide not to battle you....they're still left with no video =P

xANGELx

xANGELx
You have valid points though I really don't think it's fair to say that those who play the game the way it's meant to be played are taking a game too seriously. That's like me saying that hackers are taking the game too seriously when they go out and buy a device so they can put into codes to make their Pokemon shiny, have good stats or just obtain Pokemon that can't normally get outside of events. Neither of those statements are fair.

I think he's actually talking about the people who get extremely upset about hacking when it doesnt affect them. The players who say that hacking is completely unfair and not true to the game, theyre the ones who take it a little bit too seriously and I think that's what Rocket Man was trying to point out.

Rocket Man

Up, Up, and Away!!!
I think he's actually talking about the people who get extremely upset about hacking when it doesnt affect them. The players who say that hacking is completely unfair and not true to the game, theyre the ones who take it a little bit too seriously and I think that's what Rocket Man was trying to point out.

Thank you xANGELx that's exactly who I was taking about. Sorry denizenofevil for not making myself clear enough.

Last edited:

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
Now. At Typhlosion.

Point one. Ummm... Real games?

If by real games, you mean games that arent video games, then all I can say is we arent even talking about those types of games. I am solely talking about video games.

At your second point, go read my third point. It'll be very helpful for you to understand that your happiness isn't the only happiness out there.
And by simply saying a couple little words to the people you might potentially be battling, you could preserve the happiness of both.
Simple.
As.
That.

So you are basically saying that everyone who plays a game should worry about the happiness of those who play the same game, that they dont even know? That makes no sense. This isnt about life, its about video games. Getting so emotional over a game to the point that you need to watch what you or others say over a game is stupid. Its just a game. People have opinions about games and I dont think anyone should get so emotional over a game just because someone does something different fon a game from what they do. No one is going to alter the way they play a game just to make someone else happy. That would be just stupid.

Ampy

Light The Stars
If by real games, you mean games that arent video games, then all I can say is we arent even talking about those types of games. I am solely talking about video games.

So you are basically saying that everyone who plays a game should worry about the happiness of those who play the same game, that they dont even know? That makes no sense. This isnt about life, its about video games. Getting so emotional over a game to the point that you need to watch what you or others say over a game is stupid. Its just a game. People have opinions about games and I dont think anyone should get so emotional over a game just because someone does something different fon a game from what they do. No one is going to alter the way they play a game just to make someone else happy. That would be just stupid.

Lmao. That's exactly what Pandeji was talking about. It's just a game so there's no reason to overreact over something like this. You just seriously contradicted yourself.

There's no reason for someone to get all worked up over a game. It's there for fun, not a place for you to start a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.