• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hacked Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

xANGELx

xANGELx
I don't quite care for hacking, even if it's "legitimate" hacking. Granted, as long as the individual doesn't affect me in any way, then I'm perfectly fine with it. I just don't want hacked pokemon in my game(unless I'm aware it's hacked, then I may just toss it up on the GTS for another pokemon), or to battle hackers.

Well, as long as the hacker didn't touch IVs or gave illegal moves, It wouldn't bother me too much to battle...maybe. I waste hours trying to get a pokemon with decent IVs, and someone just hacks it...upsets me they consider that legit.

I still agree with the point that I see it as a bit lazy. Legendary without other games I'll excuse...but trading shiny hacked pokemon always irked me. Every other pokemon, as long as you've seen it, you can snag off the GTS.

Honestly, it doesn't bother me that much though. Everyone has their own way to play a game, eh?

So you have a problem with hackers trading hacked pokemon, but have no problem doing so yourself? That's very hypocritical. And Like I said before, most hackers don't touch the IV's so it could easily be justified as legit.

chrombot

The Steel Hearted
I got a hacked pokemon off the GTS that was caught in "battleground" a lv 62 dusknoir in a masterball. It was Fantina's Dusknoir.
I wasn't comfortable with keeping it. I put it on the GTS. It got me the pokedex entry, that's all I was really after. If someone else wants to keep it, they might not be bothered it's a hack. Maybe it'll just keep getting traded and no one will keep it?
In the future though, I'll probably release things like that.

xANGELx

xANGELx
So all you people who think that hackers are atrocious because we put hacked pokemon on the GTS, you guys do the same thing? That is definately strange. I know if I was aginst something I wouldn't actually DO it.

dragon-dark-master

Thanks SPPf. TTYL
@ chrombot: If you didn't like receiving a hacked Pokemon, then why would you put it back up there? Thats just stupid... I hope that you didn't ask for anything ridiculous for it...

ignite444

Burn baby, burn!
I got a hacked pokemon off the GTS that was caught in "battleground" a lv 62 dusknoir in a masterball. It was Fantina's Dusknoir.
I wasn't comfortable with keeping it. I put it on the GTS. It got me the pokedex entry, that's all I was really after. If someone else wants to keep it, they might not be bothered it's a hack. Maybe it'll just keep getting traded and no one will keep it?

You didn't have to do that... You could have either released it or put in on your Ranch (if you have Pokemon Ranch).

xANGELx

xANGELx
@Chrombot
It's people like you who keep the circulation of hack trades going. You recieve a hack and don't want to keep it so you trade it away, then the person you traded it to realises it's a hack and trades it away aswell. People will continue to trade this hack until someone has the intelligence to, as ignite444 said, release it or put it in their ranch.

Mare

CHANSEY hunter!
The way I see it is that hacks have a bad name because

1) Legit trainers see it as unfair that they raise their pokemon legitly, take time to breed them for good natures/Iv's. Take time to find what they want in what should be the only way to do it and all it takes is hackers typing for 3-5 mins on their comps to get what took legit players weeks or months to achieve. How is that fair? Hackers should be rewarded for cheating?

2) Legit players get caught in the mess of hacked pokemon being used against them or traded to them, which isn't right. Maybe there are some people who hack pokemon to make it look legit and just don't have the time, but there are people out there who don't give a **** what other players think, who make unrealistic pokemon with unrealistic and unbeatable characterists and then, when you lose, all they can do is laugh because there is nothing the legit players can do. GTS is a perfect example, all you need is an AR to **** over everyone in the GTS with hacked pokemon. Want a Shiny Charazard with Splash, no IV's, no EV's, level 100? I don't.

xANGELx

xANGELx
The way I see it is that hacks have a bad name because

1) Legit trainers see it as unfair that they raise their pokemon legitly, take time to breed them for good natures/Iv's. Take time to find what they want in what should be the only way to do it and all it takes is hackers typing for 3-5 mins on their comps to get what took legit players weeks or months to achieve. How is that fair? Hackers should be rewarded for cheating?

2) Legit players get caught in the mess of hacked pokemon being used against them or traded to them, which isn't right. Maybe there are some people who hack pokemon to make it look legit and just don't have the time, but there are people out there who don't give a **** what other players think, who make unrealistic pokemon with unrealistic and unbeatable characterists and then, when you lose, all they can do is laugh because there is nothing the legit players can do. GTS is a perfect example, all you need is an AR to **** over everyone in the GTS with hacked pokemon. Want a Shiny Charazard with Splash, no IV's, no EV's, level 100? I don't.

1. No, hackers do not want a reward for cheating, we want respect from non-hackers who treat us unfairly for no justified reason. All we do is make pokemon, we make them as legit as possible for the sake of others and thats really all we can do. So you put alot of effort into finding and raising your pokemon? That's great, good for you, but that doesn't mean I have to. Yes I can create whatever I want (in more like 1 minute) but so what? It's my game and my life, shouldn't I be able to make that choice without being harrassed for it?

2. If you don't want a Lv100 shiny Charizard that knows Splash and has no IV's or EV's, don't accept one in a trade.

Mare

CHANSEY hunter!
You act like the world shoudl accept you because you can't get a legendary event pokemon. Hacking = bad, the rest of the people who play shouldn't have to suffer so you can get an event pokemon. It would be better if these hacks didn't exist.

And yes, you deserve no respect. If you want respect work and earn it.

xANGELx

xANGELx
You act like the world shoudl accept you because you can't get a legendary event pokemon. Hacking = bad, the rest of the people who play shouldn't have to suffer so you can get an event pokemon. It would be better if these hacks didn't exist.

And yes, you deserve no respect. If you want respect work and earn it.

No, that's not it at all. I EXPEXT other people to acknowledge and respect that people will make individual choices in their lives that they may not agree with, but the decision is theirs alone to make and cannot be altered by anothers opinion. Me hacking pokemon does not cause suffering for anybody and I don't understand why you are being so bitter about it.
For your information I DO work. I work hard every day to support my family and make a living, which is why when I come home and play a video game to relax, I would like, if not support, then maybe just a little understanding. I sure as hell don't want to come home and be harrassed by some uptight,winging little glory hog who acts like a game is the most important thing in the world IN MY OWN HOME, because I'd hate to be the one to burst your little bubble of righteousness, but IT IS JUST A GAME and no matter how much you think hackers are lazy, good for nothing bludgers, let me be the first to assure you that we are JUST as good as any snot-nosed kid who wants to prance around on their high-horse coz they've got nothing better to do then have a cry about the fairness of a childrens game!!

Mare

CHANSEY hunter!
Once again, hackers don't deserve respect. Hackers do effect others game play, people get hacked pokemon all the time. I don't care if you are the one trading them or not, you deserve nothing. You want respect from others for what reason? To support your hacking? I don't think so.. you will find that not many people will support yourself unless the hack aswell.

Seems like you just want others to support you so you can justify hacking in some way. Good luck with that.

Also, if you have a family to support, if you "don't have the time to play a childs game", why are you playing it? Why does it matter what other people on the forums think? Why did you buy a DS and a Pokemon game when you could have spent that little extra cash on your beloved family in whome you care so much for?

Shiva64

Persian Fan
I personally don't enjoy hacks because too many people abuse them. However, I will admit that before I had the chance to use wi-fi, I did use an AR to get Pokemon I couldn't get otherwise. However, once I got the ones I did get, I bred them and released the hacked ones. This was on my Pearl. Now with Platinum and wi-fi, I don't even bother. I never did go for event or legendaries though, only got the Diamond exclusives.

My AR is dead now anyways, and I don't care to get another one. I'd rather focus on getting my DS Lite's hinge fixed... Dx

xANGELx

xANGELx
Because I GOT the DSi as a present from my boyfriend BEFORE I had my baby. I don't care if people support my hacking or not I just want people to not harrass me about it. I never said I wanted respect in the first place, I just wanted to know why hacking causes DISRESPECT when it's not a big deal. And I didn't say I don't have time to play I said I work very hard ALOT and when I DO have time to play I want to have fun, not be ridiculed just because I do something differently to someone else.

Mare

CHANSEY hunter!
Double posted.

Last edited:

Mare

CHANSEY hunter!
Almost every legit player will look at your hacked pokemon as a spit in the face. You do what they are trying to do in a minute and unfairly. Hacks will always be frowned apon, no matter how you look at them. If you want to have fun then have fun, but that doesn't mean people are just going to brush off the fact that you have hacked pokemon. I don't even see how you are having fun personally, hacking takes the fun out of the game in so many ways.
I use a team of 2 shinys right now and you could easily get every pokemon shiny for nothing but a bit of time, thats obviously going to make me look down on you alittle.

xANGELx

xANGELx
Yes that's very true I COULD get every shiny pokemon I wanted in a matter of minutes, but I don't, because like you said, it takes the fun out of the game to get EVERYTHING for nothing. Like I said in my previous posts, I only hacked 8 pokemon and you can't say it's a spit in the face to the people who worked hard for them because the ones I hacked were event pokemon that are given away freely, so no-one had to work for them really. I'm having fun because I DONT hack ALL the time, I still play the game normally, I refuse to hack before I finish the game and after I do I only hack to complete my pokedex, which I did and I have rarely hacked since. I don't use my hacked pokemon in battle and I certainly don't trade them because I know people disapprove. I also catch shinies legitimately, bar a few I made just to see what they would look like, then released. Hackers still play games fairly, most of the time we will have a prime game (mine is my diamond and platinum version) and an experiment game (which is my pearl).
Nice shiny Rapidash btw, they look great. I would love to have one, but I havent found one yet ^_^

Last edited:

chrombot

The Steel Hearted
@Chrombot
It's people like you who keep the circulation of hack trades going. You recieve a hack and don't want to keep it so you trade it away, then the person you traded it to realises it's a hack and trades it away aswell. People will continue to trade this hack until someone has the intelligence to, as ignite444 said, release it or put it in their ranch.

please read my entire posts before making an accusation about me

thank you.

xANGELx

xANGELx
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't even see it. Sorry chrombot, I'll read more carefully next time.

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
Meh, i still can't believe people are still thinking that legitimate hacking is ok, i mean it's still cheating and still proves that people are too damn lazy to play the game how it was meant to be played.
You say the people who complain about it are taking the game too seriously? but we're not the ones going out and wasting 10-15 dollars on a cheat device.
All in all hackers are lame and it's funny that they try and justify being a cheat until the cow come home!

One, just stop calling us hackers lazy *******s, okay? Two, taking it seriously? Of course you're talking about IV breeding and EV training right? If that the case, then we all taken this too seriously. We should have worried about movesets and natures and that it. IVs and EVs are for Smoggy Battle.

Also, we're battling against a bunch of kids in Pokemon, mainly because that's Gamefreaks' Target audience. To us, Legal Hacking is okay, but to them it's cheating.

Last edited:

Fiery gatoh

The cat crazy queen
I hacked my game so that I could obtain the ideas needed to access the special areas where I could get pokemon who I couldn't obtain by any other means. That is the extend of my hacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.