• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hacked Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket Man

Up, Up, and Away!!!
Well I hack LEGIT pokemon with no difference in stats than any other pokemon caught regularly. I don't think it's unfair and I don't think it's wrong I just think some people get p*ssed because they spent a month hatching egg's, EV Training, and soft resetting to get a pokemon legitimately that I can get in 5 minutes that's just as legitimate as that one. So if you don't hack and you like doing all that stuff to get a good pokemon then that's fine but I don't think legit hackers such as myself should be looked down upon just because we don't enjoy doing that stuff and rather get a good legit pokemon the quick, easy, and harmless way. It is just a game after all.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Just don't battle other people that spent a long time training their team. That's a dick move. Also, don't trade them! That's just plain mean.

Otherwise? I support it. Especially when you consider glitches.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Up, Up, and Away!!!
Just don't battle other people that spent a long time training their team. That's a dick move. Also, don't trade them! That's just plain mean.

I also hear people say this as well but I think it's dumb because if the hacked pokemon you're trading or battling with is indistinguishable from a non hacked pokemon then what's the harm?

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
I also hear people say this as well but I think it's dumb because if the hacked pokemon you're trading or battling with is indistinguishable from a non hacked pokemon then what's the harm?

Because you're cheating. If you won a battle against a person that actually worked to get a team, then how fair is it? Not fair.

Battle other people with hacked teams. Also, hacked Pokemon mess up quite a bit when traded sometimes. Nobody likes getting a hacked Pokemon in a trade.

Rocket Man

Up, Up, and Away!!!
Because you're cheating. If you won a battle against a person that actually worked to get a team, then how fair is it? Not fair.

Battle other people with hacked teams. Also, hacked Pokemon mess up quite a bit when traded sometimes. Nobody likes getting a hacked Pokemon in a trade.

But if my team is made up of LEGIT hacked pokemon than we both have equal chances of winning or losing so it doesn't matter. I just got the pokemon on my team alot faster then he did that's the ONLY difference if you look at it. And the only hacked pokemon that have the chances of messing someones game up are the n00b hacked ones like Torterra's with Fly or Charizard's with Thunderbolt and even those posses a small chance of screwing up the other player's game.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
But if my team is made up of LEGIT hacked pokemon than we both have equal chances of winning or losing so it doesn't matter. I just got the pokemon on my team alot faster then he did that's the ONLY difference if you look at it. And the only hacked pokemon that have the chances of messing someones game up are the n00b hacked ones like Torterra's with Fly or Charizard's with Thunderbolt and even those posses a small chance of screwing up the other player's game.

You don't understand.

You're cheating. And you're not telling them that you're cheating, am I correct? If you do and they're fine with it, whatever. But if you don't tell them, it's cheating. It's morals.

Rocket Man

Up, Up, and Away!!!
You don't understand.

You're cheating. And you're not telling them that you're cheating, am I correct? If you do and they're fine with it, whatever. But if you don't tell them, it's cheating. It's morals.

But why should I have to tell the person that I'm battling that I got my legit pokemon faster and easier then they did, to not hurt they're ego? It's unnecessary.

Rocket Man

Up, Up, and Away!!!
So you wish to preserve a lie in their minds so you can do it the easy way?

What I'm trying to say is why should the other person be worried about how I got my pokemon? As long as they're legit and the odds are even during the battle, shouldn't that be all that matters?

Someone forgot how this works.

To get Manaphy's egg, you do not require an item. You normally just have to link Pokemon Ranger to your game, something I did the first time since Ranger was a fun game (if incredibly obnoxious at some points).
Yeah I know, I'm just saying how easy to is it get more Manaphy.

However, just hacking said items into your inventory will not work. Try it out yourself: the items need to have been sent via Mystery Gift, AKA the green guy in the pokemart.

That's kinda what the codes I used do, you have to talk to the dude in green in a Poke-mart to get the item.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
What I'm trying to say is why should the other person be worried about how I got my pokemon? As long as they're legit and the odds are even during the battle, shouldn't that be all that matters?

So it's okay for football players to take steroids? Gee whillickers, those guys trained hard for three years, but it's fine if I take steroids to be as strong as them as long as I don't tell them, right?

Wild Jolteon

Have at you!!!
So it's okay for football players to take steroids? Gee whillickers, those guys trained hard for three years, but it's fine if I take steroids to be as strong as them as long as I don't tell them, right?
That is nowhere near what he meant he is saying that
if hacked pokemon A is the exactly the same as legit pokemon A then whats the problem?

Jeez, if people want to f*** around with their own game to get high leveled Pokemon, who cares? Not everybody EV trains and crap.

Besides, some people just battle in-game, and for the record, alot of Pokemon on GTS are hacked, at least the ones I saw. =P

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
That is nowhere near what he meant he is saying that
if hacked pokemon A is the exactly the same as legit pokemon A then whats the problem?

Actually, you asked the exact same question, and I give the exact same answer.

The ends to the means make a difference.

denizenofevil

Just my two cents but I don't want to battle or trade with anyone who has hacked pokemon. Do whatever you want on your own but I can never trust that it won't harm my game and I don't want to take that risk. As a casual Pokemon player, I don't search for the right natures and I don't EV train. I, like many other casual players are automatically put at a disadvantage when someone hacks their Pokemon to have the perfect stats and natures. I don't mind battling people who get the perfect stats and natures legitly because they did it fair and square but I don't think it's right for people to hack their way to perfection. Like a previous poster has said, it is like taking steroids in competitive games. If you're going to hack and you think there's nothing wrong with it, why wouldn't you inform the other person so they can at least have a choice in whether or not they want to trade or battle with you?

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Up, Up, and Away!!!

That's totally different we're talking about a game here not life threatening mind altering drugs. People taking steroids gives them an unfair advantage over other players. My hacked pokemon don't have an advantage over anyone else's, I just got them quicker.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
That's totally different we're talking about a game here not life threatening mind altering drugs. People taking steroids gives them an unfair advantage over other players. My hacked pokemon don't have an advantage over anyone else's, I just got them quicker.

Oh-oh, you're using the "It's a game, it doesn't matter" excuse. Well, football is a game too, isn't it? And steroids just get you muscles quicker. You can sell drugs to get rich quicker.

You're lying to people by not telling them what you did. That's atrocious.

Wild Jolteon

Have at you!!!
Oh-oh, you're using the "It's a game, it doesn't matter" excuse. Well, football is a game too, isn't it? And steroids just get you muscles quicker. You can sell drugs to get rich quicker.

You're lying to people by not telling them what you did. That's atrocious.

*Faceplam* using cheats in a VIDEO game is nothing like what you pointed out... I'm out

TogeticTheRuler

The damn point of 'legit' hacking is to get passed the hours of making a decent team, let alone a team that's actually up to date with the metagame. Saying its unfair is basically saying driving a car half a mile to the market is unfair to a person who doesn't have a car and has to walk to the market to buy their groceries.

Status
Not open for further replies.