• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hacked Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

denizenofevil

*Faceplam* using cheats in a VIDEO game is nothing like what you pointed out... I'm out

I think you might be missing the the bigger picture here if that's the only difference you could come up with. It is still a competitive situation. Competitive situations warrant fairness. Cheating in a video game or a sports game is fine as long as you're not competing with someone else while using the cheat which brings me back to my original point. Go ahead an hack but I don't want to deal with any part of it.

Rocket Man

Up, Up, and Away!!!
Oh-oh, you're using the "It's a game, it doesn't matter" excuse. Well, football is a game too, isn't it? And steroids just get you muscles quicker. You can sell drugs to get rich quicker.

You're lying to people by not telling them what you did. That's atrocious.

You're logic is totally screwed up. Pokemon ARE NOT REAL, Football players ARE. You're bringing in things from real life to show what's wrong with a fantasy world. And dude I'm "atrocious" for not telling someone my complete pokemon gaming history before we start a wi-fi battle? Get over yourself it's a freaking GAME. People die from using steriods in a REAL life football game. No one dies from battling a pokemon that was hacked and is identical to theres.

The damn point of 'legit' hacking is to get passed the hours of making a decent team, let alone a team that's actually up to date with the metagame. Saying its unfair is basically saying driving a car half a mile to the market is unfair to a person who doesn't have a car and has to walk to the market to buy their groceries.

EXACTLY *High Five*

Last edited:

FlyingFlygon

Ocarina of Calm
If I can join the chat as someone who's never hacked a pokemon or used one, I think that there is no real difference if you hack a pokemon. Why on earth would you spend weeks upon weeks to breed perfect pokemon when all you want to do is have fun and battle? Some people have lives, and of those people that have lives, tons of them are busy; school, jobs, etc. There is no difference if someone hacks a pokemon to save time. "The ends justifiy the means", so to speak.

BCVM22

Why on earth would you spend weeks upon weeks to breed perfect pokemon when all you want to do is have fun and battle?

Heaven forbid someone work hard on something. You're so right - we all know that someone having worked long and hard on a project gives someone else a legitimate excuse to cheat and take an effortless shortcut to equal that hard work.

Ampy

Light The Stars
Heaven forbid someone work hard on something. You're so right - we all know that someone having worked long and hard on a project gives someone else a legitimate excuse to cheat and take an effortless shortcut to equal that hard work.

Wth? All he was trying to say was that some people don't have time to spend weeks on a GAME. Seriously, I don't spend weeks getting the perfect natures/IVs (I don't hack Pokémon either), I just go with the best I can get in a small span of time.

TogeticTheRuler

What hard work.

Set bike, press up and down while carrying several eggs

They hatch, see if nature is satisfactory, level up to an optimal level/lvl 100 wifi battle(both of which takes a good long couple of minutes to do) for accurate calculation of IVs, if the IVs aren't good, hatch more eggs.

Up/down/up/down/up/down oo egg up/down/up/down another egg up/down/updown egg hatched oh wait its not the right nature up/down/up/down/up/down egg hatched oh nu, it only has a speed iv of 20, how will Lucario ever outspeed what it needs to?!

And that's for each pokemon.

Its not hard, its time consuming, and of course it justifies the use of hacking, you're acting like its as frowned upon as homosexuality.

Then there's RNG abuse, which only a couple people in this forum bother to make use of.

BCVM22

Work is work, whether you're building a house or just crunching numbers and pressing buttons. It's unfortunate that the prevailing sentiment seems to be "these people spend time working on their games, so it's okay for me to cheat in order to equal that work."

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
You're logic is totally screwed up. Pokemon ARE NOT REAL, Football players ARE. You're bringing in things from real life to show what's wrong with a fantasy world. And dude I'm "atrocious" for not telling someone my complete pokemon gaming history before we start a wi-fi battle? Get over yourself it's a freaking GAME. People die from using steriods in a REAL life football game. No one dies from battling a pokemon that was hacked and is identical to theres.

And then he starts yelling and insulting. Typical.

All that I'm saying is, that you should tell people that your Pokemon are legitly hacked before battling them. If they don't want to battle you then, tough cookies.

Rocket Man

Up, Up, and Away!!!
Work is work, whether you're building a house or just crunching numbers and pressing buttons. It's unfortunate that the prevailing sentiment seems to be "these people spend time working on their games, so it's okay for me to cheat in order to equal that work."

Umm yeah it is...because it's a game, not a house...

zeno48

Zaker!

All that I'm saying is, that you should tell people that your Pokemon are legitly hacked before battling them. If they don't want to battle you then, tough cookies.

Why should he have to? It's his choice.

denizenofevil

Why should he have to? It's his choice.

It is his choice to hack but I would also like to be able to have a choice in whether or not I want to battle or trade with someone who hacks. As i've said before, I don't trust anything in the game not implemented by the makers of the Pokemon game. Call me paranoid but bad things have happened to my game because of using 3rd party software or hardware.

Rocket Man

Up, Up, and Away!!!

Yelling and insulting? How do you yell online? lol

Anyway you can't tell someone on PBR or Wi-Fi that you're using legit hacks and they are once again LEGIT hacks which means they're just as good (or bad) as any other pokemon caught within the normal guidelines of the game, nothing altered or abnormal about them. So there you have it.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Yelling and insulting? How do you yell online? lol

Anyway you can't tell someone on PBR or Wi-Fi that you're using legit hacks and they are once again LEGIT hacks which means they're just as good (or bad) as any other pokemon caught within the normal guidelines of the game.

Caps.

And PBR is fair game btw, everyone hacks there anyway. It's a slum.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
What is the big deal with hacked pokemon? If someone creates a pokemon why does it bother other people? I've heard alot of people say that it's not fair or it's not legit, but who cares? I created myself a Lv50 Rayquaza (after I caught one in Emerald) to see how much of a difference those 20 levels would make, is that so bad? I can't get Arceus or Shaymin in Australia so I made them for myself, why is that a big deal? Generally people hack for 3 reasons.
1. To get a pokemon they don't have/can't get
2. To get the shiny version of a pokemon they do/don't have
3. To make a pokemon they do/don't have stronger

I see only small problems with 2 and 3.
I own 493 pokemon and the only ones I hacked are Mew, Ho-oh, Lugia, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Arceus and Shaymin. The ONLY reason I did this is because I couldn't get them ANY OTHER WAY so I don't see this as a problem. I made them with the same move-sets, same stats and same level as you would get them in the events so it's almost legitemate anyways.

I was very proud of myself for getting every pokemon I POSSIBLY COULD and hacking the others seemed irrelivant because it was the only way. If someone else hacked a pokemon, it honestly wouldn't bother me, so why does it bother you?
Discuss.....

I do not hack or even trade, and I'm only 20 away from catching them all. Got them all myself, no help. I also live in the UK which is just as bad as Australia for Pokemon Events.

My point says that there is no need to hack. Especially with the WiFi Events that are given out now.

See I don't hack, and I don't agree with people who do. The way I get around that is by not trading at all, seperates me 100% from everyone who does. Hackers should do the same as me, and seperate theirselves from those who don't hack.

smeelyboo

STFU ZUCCHINI!
I play with the AR in my Pearl game which I use as an experiment playground, but in my Diamond that I actually use, I prefer not to. I mean, I can see why people choose to for all the reasons stated - too expensive to fly, not enough time, etc. I myself have never really gotten a legendary pokemon other than the ones in-game, except for Jirachi from the XD pre-order bonus disc, so it is understandable to me why people hack to get legends. Too bad I don't have wifi to trade my Jirachis for something :(

Like others have said, I only have a problem when people do ridiculous things that ACTUALLY are unfair. Otherwise, it's the same pokemon but gotten quicker. If people want to take a shortcut through the park instead of walking two blocks, who's to tell them they can't?

Personally, I only use hacked pokemon to test out styles and movesets, evs, all that fancy stuff. If I like the team, I throw out the hacked poke's and try to get natural ones that are as good as I can get, I'm impatient though and the outcome is often imperfect. Oh well, good enough for me. I wish I could use them on wifi, but alas, I am restricted to the Battle Frontier.

Last edited:

PokeAGeek

So, I have a hacked shiny scizor, level 1 and I plan to level it the same way as you guys would level it. Do you consider this as "bad hacking"?

ignite444

Burn baby, burn!
My opinion on hacked Pokemon? I. Don't. Care. If there is a game, there are gonna be hackers, simple as that. Companies don't lose money over people hacking. If they did, they would have sued them by now.

Honestly, as long as the Pokemon have legitimate stats, moves, and abilities, I have no problem with where they came from or how people obtained them. I myself use AR to get certain Pokemon (that aren't unobtainable legendaries because I will get the event ones if I can) because I don't play the GBA games anymore. I use those along with Pokemon I get in trades, breed, or in the wild on Diamond and Platinum on my teams. And you know what? There isn't any difference! The ones I breed, get in trades, or find in the wild are just as capable as the ones I hack. (If you must know, I use the Pokemon Modifier code. That allows any Pokemon you want to appear in the wild at the same level as the real ones wherever you get them.) I actually never used an AR until this generation.

So I don't see a problem with people hacking. It. Is. Just. A. Game. Something people enjoy doing/playing. If someone enjoys using an AR or any other device to help them along, why criticize? It's fun for them (and me) to do it. Others find it fun NOT to use a cheating device and to play it through the regular way.

As I always say: Different strokes for different folks.

toge5556

Like a cosmic condom
My opinion on hacked Pokemon? I. Don't. Care. If there is a game, there are gonna be hackers, simple as that. Companies don't lose money over people hacking. If they did, they would have sued them by now.

Honestly, as long as the Pokemon have legitimate stats, moves, and abilities, I have no problem with where they came from or how people obtained them. I myself use AR to get certain Pokemon (that aren't unobtainable legendaries because I will get the event ones if I can) because I don't play the GBA games anymore. I use those along with Pokemon I get in trades, breed, or in the wild on Diamond and Platinum on my teams. And you know what? There isn't any difference! The ones I breed, get in trades, or find in the wild are just as capable as the ones I hack. (If you must know, I use the Pokemon Modifier code. That allows any Pokemon you want to appear in the wild at the same level as the real ones wherever you get them.) I actually never used an AR until this generation.

So I don't see a problem with people hacking. It. Is. Just. A. Game. Something people enjoy doing/playing. If someone enjoys using an AR or any other device to help them along, why criticize? It's fun for them (and me) to do it. Others find it fun NOT to use a cheating device and to play it through the regular way.

As I always say: Different strokes for different folks.

really? i use the one that makes them appear at the mining mussium at level 20

Status
Not open for further replies.