• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hacked Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

xANGELx

xANGELx
Lmao. That's exactly what Pandeji was talking about. It's just a game so there's no reason to overreact over something like this. You just seriously contradicted yourself.

There's no reason for someone to get all worked up over a game. It's there for fun, not a place for you to start a fight.

That's exactly what Typhlosion Trainer was talking about. Pendeji argued that the mentioning of hacks would be better because it keeps everybody happy and Typhlosion Trainer was just trying to point out that a persons happiness shouldn't be affected simply by the choice to either broadcast or withhold information. He was basically saying if you're battling someone who has hacked and they don't say anything, the happiness that comes from YOU playing YOUR game should not be altered in any way, shape or form and that you shouldn't get emotional about it because it's just a game.

Ampy

Light The Stars
That's exactly what Typhlosion Trainer was talking about. Pendeji argued that the mentioning of hacks would be better because it keeps everybody happy and Typhlosion Trainer was just trying to point out that a persons happiness shouldn't be affected simply by the choice to either broadcast or withhold information. He was basically saying if you're battling someone who has hacked and they don't say anything, the happiness that comes from YOU playing YOUR game should not be altered in any way, shape or form and that you shouldn't get emotional about it because it's just a game.

Oh, sorry, I should have read Pandeji's whole post instead of the quotations

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer

Yeap thats exactly what I was saying.

To Ampy: I was just stating my argument because what Pendeji said made no sense. I wasnt gettin emotional or anything over this cause that would be stupid lol

Last edited:

Ampy

Light The Stars
Yeah, sorry after I read Pandeji's post I realized I shouldn't have said that... actually I agree with you

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Woah, this thread is still open?

I expected it to boil over in under a day.

xANGELx

xANGELx
Thanks for the support lol. Actually I am also surprised that the thread is still open. I've proved my point and almost all legitimate argument has been knocked back by reason. I would like to thank everyone for their support in this argument and also thank the ones against it for the interesting and enjoyable arguments they have presented. I'm just happy that more people see a slightly bigger picture now and don't see hacking as threatening anymore. I'm actually pretty happy I got 200+ posts, this is my first successful thread ^_^

I personally agree with you. However, Nintendo is doing a fine job of updating their Wii so that it no longer accept unlicensed softwares.

Protip: Don't update your wii then.
What if you're not hooked up to wi-fi?
There's a way around anything they can do.

BCVM22

There's a way around anything they can do.

Their major releases often come with a firmware update on the disc. You can opt not to install the update, but doing so means "no game for you."

There's a way around anything you can do.

i fought a guy a couple weeks ago in a NFE match. he used a team full of wonder guard pokemon

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Thanks for the support lol. Actually I am also surprised that the thread is still open. I've proved my point and almost all legitimate argument has been knocked back by reason. I would like to thank everyone for their support in this argument and also thank the ones against it for the interesting and enjoyable arguments they have presented. I'm just happy that more people see a slightly bigger picture now and don't see hacking as threatening anymore. I'm actually pretty happy I got 200+ posts, this is my first successful thread ^_^

Haha. If only.

Look, the thing is, threads like this have been opened many times before, and I've participated in a few, which was what Typhlosion Trainer was talking about after my first post.

Basically, for every person who goes with the sane statement "I don't care as long as it isn't n00b hacking during Wi-Fi" there are 3 others with "HACKING IZ BADZ U SHOULDZ NOT DO ITZ LAZY FOOLZ!"

Really, I predict that in the next hacking thread, a whole bunch of new people will join the Anti-Hack side, while just looking around this thread I see familiar faces on the Hack-OK side.

Pandeji

USED ULTRASPLASH!!!
Right haha.
I will continue reading this, but as is my norm, I've sorta done my last major "Here's what I think" post.
As we've all pretty much discussed, most cases here have already been brought up.

Annnnnnnd... Quite frankly kids who don't get to see one game can just deal with it.
I've been swayed towards the hacking-ok side.
Hahahah it is such an infinitely small point that overall "normal hackers" shouldn't really be concerned with it.

=P
Congrats. I'm usually pretty firm on my siding of an issue, but all pro-hack debaters have persuaded me.
Props yo.
Hope to see you all in the next active debate!

xANGELx

xANGELx
I will continue to post in this thread as long as others do, seeing as it was me who opened the thread I am obligated to, I just wanted to thank everyone who participated because the argument seems to have died.

ignite444

Burn baby, burn!
Wow, glad that was settled then. This thread sure got heated there for a while, lol.

xANGELx

xANGELx
Agreed, and there's nothing worse when a good debate turns into an ugly fight, but I'm glad that everybody kept (or, in some cases, recovered) their composure throughout the debate, so again thankyou ^_^

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
Meh, i still can't believe people are still thinking that legitimate hacking is ok, i mean it's still cheating and still proves that people are too damn lazy to play the game how it was meant to be played.
You say the people who complain about it are taking the game too seriously? but we're not the ones going out and wasting 10-15 dollars on a cheat device.
All in all hackers are lame and it's funny that they try and justify being a cheat until the cows come home!

Last edited:

coyt77

you know that some people use the action replay or the gameshark in case of the older games to get their pokeboxes and pokedex full. i am figuring out that some people dont like it so i am planning on breeding all the pokemon that i can.

ignite444

Burn baby, burn!
Meh, i still can't believe people are still thinking that legitimate hacking is ok, i mean it's still cheating and still proves that people are too damn lazy to play the game how it was meant to be played.
You say the people who complain about it are taking the game too seriously? but we're not the ones going out and wasting 10-15 dollars on a cheat device.
All in all hackers are lame and it's funny that they try and justify being a cheat until the cow come home!

Laziness can be a factor for some, but for most, it isn't. Like I've said numerous time, I don't have time to breed for IV's and whatnot. Yes, I will breed for moves, but even then I use a code to speed up the hatching process. It used to take me HOURS to get a Pokemon with the nature I wanted...

Eclipsed soul

Houndour Trainer
I don't quite care for hacking, even if it's "legitimate" hacking. Granted, as long as the individual doesn't affect me in any way, then I'm perfectly fine with it. I just don't want hacked pokemon in my game(unless I'm aware it's hacked, then I may just toss it up on the GTS for another pokemon), or to battle hackers.

Well, as long as the hacker didn't touch IVs or gave illegal moves, It wouldn't bother me too much to battle...maybe. I waste hours trying to get a pokemon with decent IVs, and someone just hacks it...upsets me they consider that legit.

I still agree with the point that I see it as a bit lazy. Legendary without other games I'll excuse...but trading shiny hacked pokemon always irked me. Every other pokemon, as long as you've seen it, you can snag off the GTS.

Honestly, it doesn't bother me that much though. Everyone has their own way to play a game, eh?

xANGELx

xANGELx
All in all hackers are lame and it's funny that they try and justify being a cheat until the cow come home!

That's very true, you're not wasting 10-15 dollars on hacking devices. I personally spent $90 on my R4, but hacking is not the only thing that it is used for. You can download games and put them on a microSD card and insert that into your DS/DS Lite or DSi and play them. All that does is save me alot of money becuase instead of spending $80-$100 on ONE game, I can download and play various games for free. It's not because I'm too lazy and so I choose to hack. People still play the games how they're meant to be played, they just hack some things after they've gotten all they can out of a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.