• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hacked Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

xANGELx

xANGELx
I hope this has a point, seeing as two other people have already answered you.

mas

Well it is called cheating!!!
NINTENDO CAN SUE AND I HOPE IT DOES SO YOU CAN LEARN YOU'RE LEASSON.
1-People won't trade with you!
2-You will get kicked out of a tournament and i wish you would also get a fee.
3-It is called being lazy to get stuff without working!!!
Since i'm not lazy i get my pokemon WITHOUT cheating!!!

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
I can't believe people are still using the "i've got a job and family" excuse, i mean come on i have a job and a family but i don't cheat, lets see what the next excuse is shall we?
If they couldn't cheat they wouldn't buy pokemon games i'm sure of it, or if they buy them they'd just stop playing, Breeding,iv battling and ev training only takes two to three hours at the most, i have over two boxes full of legit ev trained pokemon and i'm still going!

This here is an example of Anti-hacker A.

Unlike Anti-hacker B, bashes hacking due to their personal beliefs of what is fair, Exhibit A believes that for some reason, everyone should do what he/she does, no matter what. Reasons be damned, he/she can do it, why can't you?

The reasoning error here is quite obvious: just because you can do it and enjoy it, doesn't mean that other people will do the same.

Ampy

Light The Stars

Wtf? They can't sue you for using an AR... maybe an R4.

It's not lazy.. it's just easier. It takes some time and some work to make the codes too you know.

I'm not supportive of trading hacked Pokémon, but I don't care if you battle me with Legit Hacks.

Also.. it's LESSON!!!!!!

Rocket Man

Up, Up, and Away!!!
AHA!

Uber!

And who, may I ask, made the word uber (Pokemon wise, anyway)? Was it Game Freak?

I don't know the origins of the word "Uber pokemon" and don't know if Gamefreak coined it or not but I don't see you're point and I am extremely lost.:confused:

xANGELx

xANGELx

*facepalm* lol. I can't believe how much of a noob you are.
1. Nintendo CAN'T sue because hacking is not illegal.
2. I've had plenty of people ASK me to hack something for them so I can trade it to them, so don't try to tell me people wont trade with me.
3. I'm not even going to comment on hackers being lazy because if you had read the thread thoroughly you would have realised that we have already determined the effort factor and ruled it out as irrelivant.

I'm very happy that you will get your pokemon without 'chaeting', I'm sure you'll feel very proud when you're done, but please, don't come here making noob statements on a subject that you obviously don't know much about and did'nt bother to read some words to find out...and you call US lazy?

BlitzBlast

Busy with School

Would you look at that! It's a cross-breed of Anti-hacker A, Anti-hacker B and Anti-hacker C! I never thought that was possible.

Anti-hacker C believes in false information and equate all hacking to the work of the devil in case you didn't know.

Okay, looks like Rocket Man didn't really know.

The term "uber" actually came from another language, German I believe, but it's been adapted into the videogame lexicon.

It refers to characters, weapons, skills, items, etc. that are either absolutely gamebreaking, or too unbalanced to allow fair combat without having the same thing.

In Pokemon, with so many different team possibilities, having an Uber means having a pokemon that is so strong it can not be defeated easily without another Uber.

In other words, players came up with the term.

Now what does this has to do with hacking?

Last edited:

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
I don't know the origins of the word "Uber pokemon" and don't know if Gamefreak coined it or not but I don't see you're point and I am extremely lost.:confused:

The people that directly made full effect of the word Uber are...

Smogon!

And Smogon is not afflatiated with Game Freak or the Pokemon games in any way!

Well the most common reasons people think hacks and hackers are bad or unfair is because they either don't know the difference between N00b Hacking and Legit Hacking, Jealousy as I stated above, or because they believe a video game (which is something you're free to play and have fun with anyway you choose) is supposed to be played a certain way or by rules they perceive are "right". When in reality there are no rules and regulations because it's just a game.

You are following the rules and regulations set by Smogon. And why? Because they're fair. Rules and regulations often come to one's own morals, and some people dislike the morality of hacking, and therefore oppose it. Can you really call them wrong for not liking that people hack, even legitly? You can't tell them that their opinion is wrong.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
You are following the rules and regulations set by Smogon. And why? Because they're fair. Rules and regulations often come to one's own morals, and some people dislike the morality of hacking, and therefore oppose it. Can you really call them wrong for not liking that people hack, even legitly? You can't tell them that their opinion is wrong.

You're missing a very obvious thing here.

Look at Smogon's rules for the World Cup:

Rules
Before battling your opponent, make sure to follow these rules:

All matches must be played on ShoddyBattle.
You are not allowed to use pokémon classified as "Uber".
All tiers are based on Smogon tiers. The current status of the appropriate standard ladder will be function as the prevailing tier list.
Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing pokémon.
Freeze Clause: A player cannot freeze two or more different opposing Pokémon.
Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
OHKO Clause: Players cannot use moves that have a chance of instantly KO opposing Pokémon. For example, Horn Drill is an illegal move to have on a Pokémon's move set.
Self-KO Clause: Players cannot use moves such as Explosion or Selfdestruct that force a tie. If a move that has recoil damage causes a tie, the user of the move is the winner.
Timed Battle must be enabled.

Hmm.... I don't see anything banning hacking.

Do you want to know why>

Notice the "ShoddyBattle" only?

That's why.

ShoddyBattle is a Pokemon match simulator.

In other words, you create your own pokemon.

Now, how is that different from legit hacking?

Ampy

Light The Stars

Lmao. He never said anything about competitive battling... so your telling me I have to play by Smogon standards in-game? I never really liked, Smogon much anyways, but I'm not going to get into that.

No, actually we aren't telling you, that you can't have your own opinion we are just saying you don't have to ridicule people who Legit Hack...

By the way this isn't being directed at only you

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Up, Up, and Away!!!
The people that directly made full effect of the word Uber are...

Smogon!

And Smogon is not afflatiated with Game Freak or the Pokemon games in any way!

Ummm... Ok I don't know what you just tried to do but you failed miserably *faceplam* I don't follow smogon's rules, I just agree that some pokemon such as Garchomp and Wobbuffett are equal to legendaries stat and movepool wise and are stronger than pokemon who are non legendary. I also don't believe that all they're rankings are fair because I use plenty of pokemon that they deem "Never-Used" or say aren't strong enough to compete against "Over-Used" pokemon and win many battles with them. I never said anybodies opinions were wrong, I just said that they were ill informed arguing against something they knew nothing about and were talking out of they're a*ses without knowing what they were talking about. So...yeah.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Lmao. He never said anything about competitive battling... so your telling me I have to play by Smogon standards in-game? I never really liked, Smogon much anyways, but I'm not going to get into that.

No, actually we aren't telling you, that you can't have your own opinion we are just saying you don't have to ridicule people who Legit Hack...

And I never have and I never will. However, it seems that vice versa is true.

You're missing a very obvious thing here.

Look at Smogon's rules for the World Cup:

Hmm.... I don't see anything banning hacking.

Do you want to know why>

Notice the "ShoddyBattle" only?

That's why.

ShoddyBattle is a Pokemon match simulator.

In other words, you create your own pokemon.

Now, how is that different from legit hacking?

You're completely missing the point. I never talked about Shoddy Battle.

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
NINTENDO CAN SUE AND I HOPE IT DOES SO YOU CAN LEARN YOU'RE LESSON.
Nintendo tried this before with Game Genie, but lost the case. Seeing that Pro Action Replay is still around, I don't think that they would even bother to sue even them.

Ampy

Light The Stars
Ummm... Ok I don't know what you just tried to do but you failed miserably *faceplam* I don't follow smogon's rules, I just agree that some pokemon such as Garchomp and Wobbuffett are equal to legendaries stat and movepool wise and are stronger than pokemon who are non legendary. I also don't believe that all they're rankings are fair because I use plenty of pokemon that they deem "Never-Used" or say aren't strong enough to compete against "Over-Used" pokemon and win many battles with them. I never said anybodies opinions were wrong, I just said that they were ill informed arguing against something they knew nothing about and were talking out of they're a*ses without knowing what they were talking about. So...yeah.

Sorry, had to make that a WTF moment.... anyways I totally agree with you. I find that some non-OU Pokémon are better then OU Pokémon (Gallade>Lucario). My team only has 2 OU Pokémon and I have more wins then losses... that's why I don't like Smogon... because of their tiering system

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
You're completely missing the point. I never talked about Shoddy Battle.

And yet you were talking about Smogon's rules.

Fail.

Rocket Man

Up, Up, and Away!!!
Sorry, had to make that a WTF moment

Haha Well I should have said Wobbufetts HP is very legendary, which I ment by stat wise, but should have been more clearer and said not his movepool.

Status
Not open for further replies.