• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hacked Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket Man

Up, Up, and Away!!!
Ahhh screw it. I'm just gonna throw this up for the 4th time for the few ignorant people still lingering around on this thread. PLEASE READ SLOWLY!!!

1. Legit Hacker - A legit hacker hacks normal pokemon. That means they hack pokemon that are exactly the same as pokemon found in the wild. They have the same strengths and weaknesses as a pokemon caught regularly and grow exactly the same. The only difference is the hacked pokemon was obtained alot quicker, there are NO other differences. They're IV's are not altered in anyway unless the player puts in a code with the IV's they want the pokemon to have but a legit hacker knows a pokemon cannot have perfect IV's therefore a legit hacker doesn't have pokemon with perfect IV's. There are also codes to alter a pokemon EV's but a legit hacker knows a pokemon can't have more then 255 EV points in a single stat therefore a legit hacker doesn't have a pokemon with super high abnormal stats. A legit hacker just hacks pokemon that are like everyone elses they just obtained them with a quicker method. They don't damage peoples games if traded because they're exactly like regular pokemon. And no every hacker does not just buy a game to run threw it and have no enjoyment. I played threw Pearl with no hacks and loved it.

2.N00B Hackers - Now these are players who hack pokemon with abnormal stats, perfect IV's, moves they do not learn, and other things. These pokemon do have a chance of possibly messing up someones game if traded to them because the code written within the pokemon goes against the code within the game so there is a possibility these types of pokemon could mess up someones game but it's rare.

Another thing I see people against hacking are angry about is the fact that some hackers don't tell people they battle against that they hack. I personlly don't tell people I hack and here is my reasoning:

My pokemon are normal and are legit hacks so there's nothing out of the ordinary about them other than the location they were captured at and how they were captured. They're not stronger or have an advantage over any other pokemon so they're just as good or bad as pokemon obtained legitimately therefore theres no reason I need to tell someone my pokemon are hacked because there just as normal and legit as my opponents pokemon who were not hacked.

Now the only way I can see someone disagreeing with my view points is if they're simply upset that they wasted hours of they're lives raising a pokemon that I obtained in 5 minutes and it's no one elses fault that you wasted you're time or took a childrens game way too seriously but you're own. So if you feel that way then you obviously dont enjoy playing the game the legit way and wish you could either do what hackers do or wish everyone played the game the way you do which is a wish that will never come true because you have no control over everyone that plays pokemon.

Havocide

Collector
I've read through the majority of this thread and see the arguements of both sides. I just bought a AR today after completing Platinum and the major story archs.including minor archs. I have played every Pokemon game since it very first began. Im 21 years old now, and enjoy the games immensely!

However my opinions are this. (Remember they are just that 'My opinion')

- I dont care for IV breeding or EV training. I catch pokemon and raise them and whatever they do they do. AR will let me catch the Pokemon I want on my Team, only faster. Im still going to train them just like anybody else. AR is just making that pokemon appear faster.
- Completing the Pokedex. So I can obtain those extremely rare pokemon I cannot obtain anywhere else, Jirachi etc. This way I can complete my dex. (though I actualy obtained what appears to be a legit Mew) The other pokemon I have either traded, or caught myself without the use of AR, considering I havent had one before untill today.
- If people don't like cheating thats fine, don't preach that its bad to me and I wont preach that its perfectly fine either. Play the game how you want, and I will to.
- Don't want to battle with me online? Thats fine, my Pokemon will be just as legit as yours except I caught them faster. Im not going to tell you their hacked, since well they arn't to be honest. I just made what appears in the Game, appear faster.
- When I trade online they are always legits, ones I have breed to obtain dupes of the Pokemon so others may have them to. Like The starters, I obtained them by trading from my other games, and I simply breed them. Just because I hack certain parts of the game should not make me be in a seperate group to those that don't hack. Silly labels.

I could go on, but what is classed as hacking for one person, isnt for another.

At the end of the day, my game is my own if you don't like how I play then thats your problem, I still have fun. I mean to be honest, your never know the difference....thats unless I tell you. =)

Last edited:

Aviano

I dropped my balls
It's already been established that that is by far the stupidest argument possible, as the amount of time it takes to get a pokemon does not change it anyway.

Saying that basically equates you to the R/B/Y rival.

So it's fair game if I spend hours trying to breed the best possible Ralts (not perfect of course, that's near impossible) and you can hack a gardevoir with all around 31ivs in seconds, and then we fight?

If that's you're opinion that's fine, but I think it's not really fair.

Havocide

Collector
So it's fair game if I spend hours trying to breed the best possible Ralts (not perfect of course, that's near impossible) and you can hack a gardevoir with all around 31ivs in seconds, and then we fight?

If that's you're opinion that's fine, but I think it's not really fair.

I think this is more opinion again.

An adult who has a family, who loves to play pokemon in his spare time, might not have the full time (Due to committments) to breed a full IV team. He might decide to hack it to make it possible so he still enjoys the battling competitively. The stats would be no different as to if he took the time to do, of course as long as they where within gaming parameters. Main thing is he enjoys the game.

Someone who has the time a school kid who loves the game, to breed the pokemon and raise it to the IV required would find that enjoyable in the fact they knew they did it. Main thing is they enjoyed doing it and enjoy the game.

Both scenarios are valid. However morals might suggest its wrong, others morals might say its right. Depends on your circumstance.

Aviano

I dropped my balls
Yeah but then you have stuff like Shoddy battle where everyone uses the ultimate version of Pokemon, so you don't actually have an unfair advantage anymore. Why would you wifi if you can just as easily (if not more easy) download ShoddyBattle?

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
I only have hacked Pokemon for PBR, but not for online play

I used to cheat, but now I've decided to stop cheating in Pokemon. I know its harder for me to raise them up all the way to 100 without rare candies, but i ev train them without it now.

Ampy

Light The Stars
Playing Pokemon legitly IS the right way, just as with any other game.
Yes not every family has the same rountine but that still doesn't mean it's a good enough reason to cheat or hack, i have several friends who have big families (three children under five) and they still manage, this is why i find it difficult to accept.

Also
1.*Whine* "I can't be bothered to ev train or breed because it takes to long" *cry* - This is just laziness and impatience.

2."I play the game to win not to have fun" - Waste of space and obviously said by people who have confidence issues.

3."You're just jealous because you don't have a cheat device" - I work and could afford one, but i don't want one because cheating is wrong/cheap/lame/lazy/pathetic.

People who call themselves game fans but cheat really grind my gears!!

I'm sorry, but the last time i had to collect my "FREE" Pokemon (cough Darkrai) it cost me over £10 in petrol, so don't come out with bias rubbish, Your argument fails i'm afraid, people who go to events to collect a "FREE" Pokemon can only do so because they spent £35 buying the game in the first place so it's not exactly free anyway!!
Also you don't need a cheat cartridge to get event Pokemon, TRADE DAMN IT that what these game are made for!!

Lol. It's funny how stubborn you're being even after we've proven your point wrong.

I'm in High School and I don't have much time to IV breed and EV train... I don't hack to do it, but I have to do it on the weekends. So your, "it doesn't matter what your schedule is, you still have time", argument is pointless.

Calm down. Not everyone has Wi-fi so they can't trade :/

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
Lol. It's funny how stubborn you're being even after we've proven your point wrong.

I'm in High School and I don't have much time to IV breed and EV train... I don't hack to do it, but I have to do it on the weekends. So your, "it doesn't matter what your schedule is, you still have time", argument is pointless.

Calm down. Not everyone has Wi-fi so they can't trade :/

Nobody has proven my argument wrong so i don't know where you've got that from, also most "legit" hackers i know battle online, so they have wifi, therefore they can trade!!
Nothing is an excuse for cheating, and i will always think it.Cheating is the worst thing people can do, it's even worse when the people who do cheat lie about cheating/hacking!!

Whats wrong with
"I have a family/job/social life/ but i want to do things legitly, i could ev train and breed at my own pace and have a team or two within a few weeks or so, i don't need to rush!"
WHAT IS THE RUSH?? i mean come on, whats an hour every day or so going to do to them??

Anyhow i've had enough of this thread because i keep getting the "but it's LEGIT hacking/cheating" and "but...but...but...but..we don't have time" shoved down my throat!, it's still cheating wether it's legit or not and when you battle people who've worked hard you're all just shoving it down their throats!!

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Up, Up, and Away!!!
Anyhow i've had enough of this thread

Thank the heavens!!! Please leave because you're obviously a close minded individual who only see's the way he/she does things as "right" or "correct". And you're sig is wrong, cheating isn't always employed to create an unfair advantage. Some people would just rather hack a legit pokemon instead of wasting they're time going threw all the extra crap to get it because they have more important things to do or because they just feel like it. And if you don't know what a legit hack is I advise you to read my last post right at the top of this page to find out. Any argument you put up after reading that will be *facepalmed* and laughed at.

Havocide

Collector
Anyhow i've had enough of this thread because i keep getting the "but it's LEGIT hacking/cheating" and "but...but...but...but..we don't have time" shoved down my throat!, it's still cheating wether it's legit or not and when you battle people who've worked hard you're all just shoving it down their throats!!

They are not going to know its a not legit without the person telling.

Have those who IV breed thought that the egg hatch code could aid speed up you hatching time. :p

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
Lol, at least i know not to battle people like you then, Mr i think Legit hacks are acceptable even if it is cheating, keep lying to yourself buddy!!

Havocide

Collector
Lol, at least i know not to battle people like you then, Mr i think Legit hacks are acceptable even if it is cheating, keep lying to yourself buddy!!

There isn't need for the sarcasm really..but how do you plan on not battling people like 'us' when you wont know the difference? Does your game have some special legit pokemon hack detection tool?

Im afraid the item finder had only so many uses. =)

Rocket Man

Up, Up, and Away!!!
There isn't need for the sarcasm really..but how do you plan on not battling people like 'us' when you wont know the difference? Does your game have some special legit pokemon hack detection tool?

Im afraid the item finder had only so many uses. =)

Haha nice.

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
Easy, because the people i battle these days are from youtube and they state wether or not they pokesav in their description!! So it's not a problem for me :/

Plus people with two or three shiny Pokemon on their team with max iv's in certain stats, with the right natures and right egg moves just scream hack to me! The chances of getting pokemon like this are extremely low.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Up, Up, and Away!!!
Easy, because the people i battle these days are from youtube and they state wether or not they pokesav in their description!! So it's not a problem for me :/

Plus people with two or three shiny Pokemon on their team with max iv's in certain stats, with the right natures and right egg moves just scream hack to me! The chances of getting pokemon like this are extremely low.

*facepalm* LMFAO

Havocide

Collector

I thought thats what IV/Move breeders spent so much time on that warranted this to be unfair..

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
My god Rocketman you're incredibly rude, i could find more decent conversation in a sheep.

Legit trainers hate people who HACK not breed for max iv's, i don't think you've read my other posts!!. I have never seen a legit trainer with a shiny pokemon that has max iv's in the desired stats and a perfect nature, it's very,very,very rare!!

Anyhow this thread is dying, no one has come to a conclusion therefore it should be closed, i really can't be bothered repeating the same thing over and over.

Last edited:

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology

......What about IVs and EVs, unless you got a cheat sheet of all the pokemons listed in Smogon and each have max IV and EVs. Then it's F'ing impossible to detect unless you can hack into the game save itself to find any suspicious activities such as 999 rare candys, and pokemon with maxed stats for all 5 categories of the contest. Though I highly doubt Nintendo would do that, the best they could do is to run a DSi system update every month so that it will reject Pro Action Replay automatically. But then again, I don't own a DSi so I don't know if it even have system updates.

But I agree, this thread has became a flame war thanks to you and any other people who thought that Cheat Devices are like Tobacco and Alcohol. So please shut up, and let the others share their opinion on the subject. I should make a poll of this if I have the chance.

Last edited:

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
......What about IVs and EVs, unless you got a cheat sheet of all the pokemons listed in Smogon and each have max IV and EVs. Then it's F'ing impossible to detect unless you can hack into the game save itself to find any suspicious activities such as 999 rare candys, and pokemon with maxed stats for all 5 categories of the contest. Though I highly doubt Nintendo would do that, the best they could do is to run a DSi system update every month so that it will reject Pro Action Replay automatically. But then again, I don't own a DSi so I don't know if it even have system updates.

But I agree, this thread has became a flame war thanks to you and any other people who thought that Cheat Devices are like Tobacco and Alcohol. So please shut up, and let the others share their opinion on the subject. I should make a poll of this if I have the chance.

Yet again the rudeness continues, sigh, you kids are a lost cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.