• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hackers turning Town Gates into Museums: Beware

Octillery

You're cool.
http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo...ssage.id=313072&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=animal_crossing_ww&message.id=311197

Yes. Apparently someone over at the GameFAQs forum (acfan2006) said that he'd give free Metroids to people who could scam or pull the biggest prank on someone over Wifi. This day could possibly be the September 11 Bombings in the Animal Crossing World. I never found out, but on the top thread of the 2 links someone said about someone posting an image that had Nook's, Gracie Cars nd able Sisters all over the place. So beware, and be extra cauitous.

And if you DO get Town Gate Museumed:

When the person leaves and it says the -Someone is leaving- thing at the top, TURN OFF THE POWER NOW. That was tested safe by a mod at NSider and the good thing is if you do it then then no Resetti. So be on the lookout and dont get your town ruined because of ebil hackers.

EDIT: Let me clarify something. The person was very clever indeed, probably handing out cloned/hacked Metroids. But the thing of it is, she'd come to your town and give you the Metroid, while turning the Town Gate into a museum using a hack. You'd be so happy that you want to save. Congratulations, you just got a Metroid and your town screwed.

Last edited:

Polaros

Jade Star Trainer
I'm scared... I won't let anyone in my gates unless I've seen them over here on Serebii and I can trust them. People are that LOW to hack into peoples games and ruin them... :(

Cosine

Legionnaire
There has also been a fellow there whose Nookingtons has turned into a Town Gate. Meaning he can't sell anything, can't buy anything, can't get a haircut, can't mail his community letters, can't cure the sick... Well you know what I mean.

I'm glad we have a trust or bust list here. People would know who's done good or who's done bad on Animal Crossing.

Jigsaw

Banned
I saw the topic on gamefaqs yesterday.

I'm glad he did it to all the idiotic scammers. They deserve it.

vaerna

I'm glad I bought two games. :p That stinks. Why do noobs have to spoil it for the rest of us? Still looking for someone to visit, but no takers. I may get luck and find another local DS user.

Wert_the_Wolf

I want your cheese..
Yeah, i dont even see why those low-lives do that...does messing up tings that people enjoy make them happy?
I see no point

Swampy

Crack the Skye
Wert_the_Wolf said:
Yeah, i dont even see why those low-lives do that...does messing up tings that people enjoy make them happy?
I see no point
Yes, it does. It feeds their life. They're the ones that destroy xbox 360s in targets because they like sony. They are the kind that hack into wifi secure networks just because they can. Sure, there is no point. But the point of doing this is, because they can.

ProtoManEXE88

Rising Trainer
I saw the original topic on gamefaqs... I feel bad for people who this happens to. I'm glad I didn't see it until it was discovered what he did.

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
It's easy if you have two DSs and two game cards. *MAJORCOUGHERIK_DESTLERMAJORCOUGH*

But yeah, one guy said it was ironic, people who did bad to others had something bad to themselves.

Golden rule. :p

Jigsaw

Banned
vaerna said:
I'm glad I bought two games. :p That stinks. Why do noobs have to spoil it for the rest of us? Still looking for someone to visit, but no takers. I may get luck and find another local DS user.

He isn;t a noob for taking down scamming punks.

What he did was prove that if you do bad, bad things happen to you. Karma.

Calling him a noob shows just how truely ignorant you are.

vaerna

"So be on the lookout and dont get your town ruined because of ebil hackers."
they're the noobs. :p

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
Most of the people that got a Metroid didn't scam anybody, they just played tricks on people. Didn't that guy who planted pitfalls all over his town get a Metroid? I don't think that's scamming...

Only a few of those got what they deserved. The others that got their Town Gate screwed didn't really deserve it...

meta-master

The name says it all
phhhhhhh morons. hackings the most moronic thing every invented.

poke_girl

The Amazing
turning the Town Gate into a museum using a hack.
Into a Museum?? what?

If you restarted your game.. will it still be like that?

Last edited: