• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hail Stall Team

Shiek276

I would post this on smogon, but apparently I lurk so much over there that I don't have enough posting privileges yet >.>

So I'm posting this here. I've tested this team for two days on Shoddy and have had some pretty good results with it, although I have been tweaking it a bit for better synergy and such. I do want some input on this though to see if I'm going in the right direction.

;460; Obamasnow (Abomasnow) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 6 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Blizzard
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Energy Ball
---

Lead. Of course, it's a hail stall team, right? :p Energy Ball is for Swampert, otherwise I would have Leech Seed, but I've found that I never use it, so...

;385; Jirachice (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP/160 Def/4 Spd/76 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch
- Iron Head
---

Supporter. Thunder Wave/Iron Head for paraflinching, Fire Punch is for Scizor and other fire weaknesses. Sometimes I switch this in after Wallrein uses Protect for additional residual damage on the opponent, and then paraflinch or SR up.

;365; Wallrein (Walrein) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 220 HP/240 Def/48 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Protect
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Blizzard
---

The name says it all. Protect + Substitute with Ice Body allows for virtually infinite stalling, well, except when it runs out. Earthquake is a standard, and Blizzard gets STAB, so... nothing really exciting there. Sometimes if the substitute doesn't break I use an Earthquake and a Blizzard, but I assume that's common knowledge. Thinking about changing one of these to Surf.

;461; Weavice (Weavile) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 40 HP/252 Atk/216 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
- Brick Break
- Ice Punch
---

Revenge-killer, but it can hold it's own too due to Life Orb. Pursuit's for switches, and I'd like Ice Punch to be Fire Punch, but it's not possible, so... Brick Break is for STAB, and Ice Shard is standard revenge-killer material.

;479-f; Rotom-f @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
---

Support, but can fight decent as well. I switch into this if a MixApe comes into my Weavile, and expecting a Close Combat. It's also for Hypnosis protection, and sometimes I just Rest + Sleep Talk so Blissey can't poison or burn me.

;230; Kingdra (M) @ Persim Berry
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 4 HP/126 Atk/252 Spd/126 SAtk
Serious nature (neutral)
- Surf
- Blizzard
- Sleep Talk
- Outrage
---

I figured that since Kingdra works well with Rain Dance, why not try tweaking it for a Hail team? And no, it does NOT have Swift Swim, as you can see. >.> Surf is for STAB. The reason it's Serious Nature is because I wanted the Attack and Special Attack to be the same for Outrage, and didn't want to sacrifice Defense or Sp. Defense. Persim Berry is for Outrage. Surf is for STAB and Blizzard is for, well, yeah you get it.

So, any suggestions? I know that some of these aren't really common on hail stall teams (especially Kingdra) but that's part of the reason that I use them.

Addie

(•✖•)
Okay, the thing is, this team may be "stall" but there isn't much in the way of entry hazard support. Now, you have a few options. Tentacruel is highly useful for its abilities to set up Toxic Spikes and Rapid Spin away opposing Stealth Rock, and can check Pokemon like Heatran and Infernape. I'd suggest adding it over Kingdra. Kingdra is doing literally nothing for the stall, and the set you have for it is poor.

Now, I would suggest changing Jirachi's moveset to a Wish-passing set with Stealth Rock / Wish / Body Slam / U-turn. These Wishes will be incredibly helpful in healing your Pokemon without recovery moves. Thunder Wave is NOT needed with Toxic Spikes.

Lastly, this team is so Lucario weak it isn't even funny. Try using a Gliscor with a Jolly nature and 216 Speed EVs, as that will wall it, then KO it with a faster Earthquake. You could even use Swords Dance if you don't want to be completely stall.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Tentacruel like Addie has said, needs to be on your team.

put it over Kingdra, since Kingdra doesn't belong on a hail team.

Shiek276

Okay thank you for the input. I'll go back to Tentacruel, as I used it before I switched to Jirachi, but I didn't like the way it was working. And yeah, If I do Toxic Spikes then Thunder Wave isn't needed due to the fact that the opponent should already be poisoned (barring levitate and flying-types, but I guess that's why Body Slam is there).

I also agree that Kingdra isn't doing any good on my team at all either... I've been working on this team today and haven't been doing any luck with him... I guess it's just too specialized.

Thanks for alerting me to the Lucario weakness. Never would of realized it. Now all I have to do is figure out who to switch Gliscor with... but that shouldn't be much of a problem.

Another question... should I swap Rotom with a Spiritomb? I mean, if I use a Rest+Sleep Talk set on Spiritomb it'll be doing the same thing that Rotom does. Plus the fact that Spiritomb has no weaknesses would help, as well as blocking a Rapid Spin.

Drummer Tom

NU/UU Connoisseur
Try using a Choice scarf/specs jynx, It could revenge kill lucario and kill fighting types that kill ice.