• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hail Team: Mixed Tier

Pokewiz7o8

I know. I'm hot.
My first hail team!
I have a kind of standard hail team, but with a couple twists :)

dpffsb460.png

Shiny Abomasnow @ Leftovers
Modest - Snow Warning
252 Spe/ 252 SpA
~Substitute
~Leech Seed
~Blizzard
~Grass Knot

Starts off, sets up hail for the rest of the team. Sub's, LS's, and leaves, or attacks.

dpffa036.png

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm - Magic Guard
252 HP/ 252 SpD
~Wish
~Protect
~Toxic
~Flamethrower

One of my main stallers, great as it doesn't get any damage for switching in, being poisoned, burned or any weather effects.

dpmfa365.png

Walrein @ Leftovers
Bold - Ice Body
220 HP / 240 Def / 48 Spe
~Substitute
~Protect
~Blizzard
~Roar

A staller, standard for a Hail team. Nuff said.

dpmfa073.png

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Calm - Clear Body
204 HP / 92 SpA / 172 SpD / 40 Spd
~HP Electric 70
~Rapid Spin
~Toxic Spikes
~Surf

Sets up Toxic Spikes, spins away Stealth Rocks, which are deadly against most of my team.

dpmfa437.png

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Sassy - Levitate
252 HP / 86 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD
~Stealth Rock
~Hypnosis
~Gyro Ball
~EQ/ Explosion

Sets up Stealth rock, sleeps opponents, and switches in on some weak attacks, to absorb damage.

dpmfa297.png

Hariyama @ Leftovers
Impish - Thick Fat
76 HP / 180 Atk / 252 Def
~Knock Off
~Whirlwind
~Stone Edge
~Force Palm

Meh, I want something different than this, but for now, it will have to work. Makes thier items go away, Whirlwind's them into SR and Toxic Spikes. Anyone have an idea for a replacement?

Heatran or Gliscor> Hariyama, I think.

NEWS:

I have just gotten a Heatran, but I'm too lazy to get the pic, so here it is.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Modest - Flash Fire
252 Speed / 252 SpA
~HP Ice 70
~Fire Blast
~Earth Power
~Dragon Pulse

I need help with the Heatran set, lol.

Last edited:

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
Too many walls. Abomanasnow is your "only" primary source of sweeping!
You may need another sweeper like weavile/froslass/mamoswine etc?

Pokewiz7o8

I know. I'm hot.

This is partly true, and as I even asked if someone had any suggestions, these are welcome. But, hail teams are usually stalling, so walls help. I'm thinking about Heatran, Mamoswine, or Gliscor.

clone1

Aesthetics brahz

Agreed, but having too many walls isn't necesarily bad for a haill team. If you combine stalling with status and the hail support you can get along fine. But, maybe you want a physical sweeper such as Lion Demon suggested. Lastly, here is some advice for Walrein since I've had experiance with them:

Walrein @ Leftovers
Bold - Ice Body
220 HP / 240 Def / 48 Atk
~Substitute
~Protect
~Ice Fang (Stabbed and has more accuracy)
~Eathquake (More Coverage)

Good Luck ;)

Pokewiz7o8

I know. I'm hot.
Agreed, but having too many walls isn't necesarily bad for a haill team. If you combine stalling with status and the hail support you can get along fine. But, maybe you want a physical sweeper such as Lion Demon suggested. Lastly, here is some advice for Walrein since I've had experiance with them:

Walrein @ Leftovers
Bold - Ice Body
~Substitute
~Protect

Good Luck ;)

Thank you, but the reason I run speed over Atk or SpA on Rein is that if Skarmory switches in, I'm either gone, or I Roar him away. I'm thinking a Lapras> Makuhita, as I can set up Spikes, DD, and Sweep away.

Thank you, but the reason I run speed over Atk or SpA on Rein is that if Skarmory switches in, I'm either gone, or I Roar him away. I'm thinking a Lapras> Makuhita, as I can set up Spikes, DD, and Sweep away.

I wouldn't right off Hariyama. He works very well in Hail Teams by providing you a second fire resist and also taking away the opponents lefties so Hail can chip away at walls better (this makes Stallrein much more effective). One of his most important uses is countering Ttar as it is THE hail team threat and you definately need a sure fire way of killing it.

Also on Abomasnow you will want a speed decreasing nature with either no or few EVs so you can get up hail against Ttar leads.

Darkhonchcrow

Walrein @ Leftovers
Bold - Ice Body
~Substitute
~Protect

Good Luck ;)

Why run a Bold nature on this moveset when you're running a physical moveset. Surely you mean impish?

Pokewiz7o8

I know. I'm hot.
I wouldn't right off Hariyama. He works very well in Hail Teams by providing you a second fire resist and also taking away the opponents lefties so Hail can chip away at walls better (this makes Stallrein much more effective). One of his most important uses is countering Ttar as it is THE hail team threat and you definately need a sure fire way of killing it.

Also on Abomasnow you will want a speed decreasing nature with either no or few EVs so you can get up hail against Ttar leads.

Yea, I've thought about this, but then I would send out Hariyama, pwnz0r it, and then get Hail Back.

Pokewiz7o8

I know. I'm hot.
24hour bump