• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hail the Sun by Hand (a manual-weather team), whether it Snows on the Left-Hand, orIsSunnyOnTheRight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psilo

FanaticalPokecultist
Title: Hail the Sun by Hand (a manual-weather team), whether it Snows on the Left-Hand or is Sunny on the Right

Sub-Title: An Innovative Drag Mag Team with Dual-Steal and Dual-Dragon, with Choice Specs Sciz, CM Latios-Mega, CB Kyurem-Black, Hail Slush Rush Sandslash-Alola, and Sunny Day Heat Rock Nidoqueen, with CB Emboar!

Hail:

Sun:

Introduction:

Hey, Guys, Psilo here, with a brand new and innovative double (dual) manual weather team of Sun and Hail with Heat Rock Sunny Day Nidoqueen (physical attacking), and Icy Rock Hail Slush Rush Sandslash-Alola, (with Stealth Rock). The meaning and mission behind the reasoning of the team is to pair two powerful attacking dragons, one physical and one special, in this case them being choice band Kyurem-Black, and CM + Roost Mega-Latios, on my team, and two steals, (in this case, them being Choice Specs Fury Cutter + Hidden Power Fire Scizor with Morning Sun (and Aerial Ace) to make a Sun Scizor, and then Hail Slush Rush Stealth Rock Sandslash-Alola with Icy Rock for 8-weather turns. The other mission and purpose of this team is to make a manual dual-weather core with Heat Rock Sunny Day Nidoqueen (physical attacking), and Icy Rock Hail Slush Rush Sandslash-Alola, (as I mentioned in the previous sentence). This team is designed to pick apart Steels + Fairies + Dragons with the made-up combined (and created by me) core of a dual dragon core of CB Kyurem-Black and CM Mega-Latios which picks apart opposing Dragons, ( and fairies with Iron Head on CB Kyurem-Black, fighting pokemon with Zen Headbutt on Kyu-Black, Shadow Claw for ghosts on Kyurem-Black, and Grounds with Ice Beam on Mega-Latios. CM on Latios is for sitting-there set-up and constant "in-your-face" sweeping and pounding on other teams with roost. Sun Choice Specs Scizor with Hidden Power Fire is for picking apart grass-mons and other steels, and for catching them off-guard, since no one suspects Choice Specs, and especially HP fire. Sunny Day on Physical Nidoqueen is also great for versatility-bluffing the opponent and catching them off-guard. Dragon Tail on Nidoqueen is for phasing In-Your-Face set-up mons...(this is thus to note: especially "in-your-face) ones, and for wearing down the opposing team with repeated-phasing Stealth Rock damage from Stealth Rock Sandslash-Alola. Iron Head on Sandslash-Alola wears down faires, as well Poison Jab CB Emboar and STAB-Poison Jab on Physical-Attacking Nidoqueen. Morning Sun on my Special Attacking Specs Scizor allows for repeated recovery, and continual-pounding-on of the opponent. The move of Morning Sun on a Specs Sun Scizor acts similar to roost on Mega-Latios sweeper sets. So, without further adieu, here is the team. Oh, and another main-mission and theme behind this team is to clear the way for dragons by taking down steels with manual sun (with HP fire Choice Specs Scizor and Choice Band Emboar to clear the way for set-up (and recovery) constant-sweeping with standard-moveset Calm Mind Mega-Latios. The point of manual weather is to also be able to take down the other opposing team's naturally set-up ability weather from weather-causing pokemon without having to switch to weather-starting mon to start it, and by not relying on weather too much either, which ability-weather-pokemon teams sometimes do. This is done excellently by this team since I run Sun and Hail. One for extra hard-hitting with sun, as well as cancelling out other team's weather, and for quick sweeping in a damaging weather-weather type with hail since I run Sandslash-Alola with Slush Rush. Oh, and for extra hard-hitting with a bluff-bishop pokemon of Choice Specs Hidden Power Fire Scizor to take advantage of sun. Oh, and the "by Hand" part of the title of the team, "Hail the Sun by Hand" is a reference to this being a manual-weather team, since you have to set up the weather (sun and hail), as in( Hail the Sun by Hand), by hand....manually. So I hope you guys all got a laugh at the title.

Note: I edited to change Aerial Ace and Fury Cutter on my Choice Specs Sun Scizor to Struggle Bug and Ominous Wind, since Aerial Ace, and Fury Cutter were made Physical Attacks again, instead of Special. (Just so you guys know, since I run Choice Specs Sun Scizor.).

-Psilo

1. Kyurem-Black

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Band

Ability: Teravolt

Shiny: Yes

EVs: 80 HP / 219 Atk / 49 Def / 71 SpD / 89 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Dragon Claw

- Iron Head

- Shadow Claw

- Zen Headbutt

-Summary: On this team, I decided to run choice band Kyurem-Black with Dragon Claw, Iron Head, Shadow Claw, and Zen Headbutt. Dragon Claw is for a standard slot and coverage for sweeping opposing dragons. It hits like a truck with Choice Band and adamant nature and 219 ev's in Attack. This ev number in attack is for hard-hitting all the meta and for always 2hko'ing max defense and max HP Clef's every time with Iron Head. Shadow Claw is for hitting all ghosts and almost always 2hko'ing all the ghost meta with Choice Band and 219 ev's with adamant nature. Zen Headbutt is for always Ohko'ing frailer fighting types, and always 2hko'ing bulky ones with adamant nature, choice band, and 219 attack ev's. 89 Speed is for a standard outspeeding tier of similarly fast mons, like bulky-medium-slow Keldeo, for OHKO's with Zen Headbutt. Shadow Claw 2hko's Reuniclus. 89 Speed also allows me to almost always outspeed, common-slow Victini with normal bulk EV's. 80 HP allows for 411 HP for 5 stealth rock switch-ins, and a lot of bulk HP for extra hits from seismic toss on Chansey or Blissey. As well as extra-walling for Giga Drain mons, most notably Virizion. Oh, and Kyurem-Black also takes advantage of hail from Sandslash-Alola with Icy Rock, by not taking damage from hail, allowing it to stay in unharmed, and make the opposing team wear down to hail damage. Which is an excellent all-major-concentric stall theme and tactic of the team and the style of the team. Staying in and wearing down the opposing team with hail supports the use of sweeping with Kyurem-Black and Sandslash-Alola, as well as all the other 4 mons on the team.

2. Latios-Mega

Latios-Mega @ Latiosite

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 85 HP / 39 Def / 219 SpA / 79 SpD / 86 Spe

Modest Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Calm Mind

- Dragon Pulse

- Ice Beam

- Roost

-Summary: I run modest 86 Speed for outspeeding common-non-max-speed Keldeo. Modest is for extra-hard-hitting which is most useful in today's metagame. I run 79 Special Defense for 295 in Special Defense for extra boosts from CM on SpD and extra walling on (especially Giga Drain mons) and any type of special hitter. Modest 219 in Special Attack is for hard-hitting (and sweeping, with calm mind)...all the metagame. I run Ice Beam for sweeping all ground mons, which this team has trouble with. Most notably, Gliscor and Landorus-Therian. Which are both OHKO'd even without any boosts. And Gliscor is even almost always outsped, as well as Landorus-Therian. Landorus-Therian is outspeed less often than Gliscor, but both are easily handled with Ice Beam OHKO's. 85 HP is run for a common 322 HP stat, which allows for good stealth rock switch-ins, and which also allows for taking extra hard hits from opposing pokemon. 39 Defense allows for a 235 defense stat, which allows for always living U-turns from everyday-normal-hardhitting Landorus-Therian, and even for surviving dark-type hits from Standard Tyranitar, and other dark mons, and even more hits from other U-turn mons. I run roost for recovery and constant "in-your-face" sweeping, which is very effective in today's metagame. Especially for this mon, since I run a part-dual manual sun team for clearing away Steel-Pokémon with the use of Choice Specs Sun HP Fire Scizor, and Choice Band Emboar.

3. Scizor:

Scizor @ Choice Specs

Ability: Technician

EVs: 100 HP / 27 Def / 223 SpA / 69 SpD / 89 Spe

Modest Nature

- Ominous Wind

- Struggle Bug

- Hidden Power [Fire]

- Morning Sun

Note: I edited to change Aerial Ace and Fury Cutter to Struggle Bug and Ominous Wind, since Aerial Ace, and Fury Cutter were made Physical Attacks again, instead of Special. Just so you guys know, since I run Choice Specs Sun Scizor.

-Summary:
I run Choice Specs Scizor with Hidden Power Fire, Morning Sun, Aerial Ace, and Fury Cutter, to surprise, and stun, and sting the meta (ahahahahahah, get it? stun....like a stinger, since Scizor is a bug-mon) since this set bluffs bp and other steel moves to clear other steels instead of fairies, like Scizor normally does. This pokemon acts an excellent extra-hitting bluff-bishop pokemon with the use of Choice Specs Hidden Power Fire in sun for taking down Magnezone on the Switch, as well as Ferrothorn, and all other steels, and grass pokemon as well. The point behind Specs and HP fire is to employ sun and catch Magnezone off-guard on the switch by bluffing bullet punch. This is similar to and was inspired behind the use of Landorus-Therian sometimes running HP Ice, to hit opposing Landorus-Therians on the switch, and 2hko them. I also run Morning Sun to employ sun even more and have recovery for constant-sweeping. As said, HP fire is especially for catching Magnezone off guard on the switch on the turn the opponent tries to drag mag you. Without sun, hidden power fire always 2hkos, and always KO's in the sun, with sun up. Hidden Power fire is also for catching Ferrothorn off-guard, and taking it down. ***OLD:*I run Aerial Ace for taking down and sweeping fighting and grass pokemon. Aerial Ace is also for catching Keldeo off-guard, much like Hidden Power Fire is for catching Ferrothorn and Magnezone off guard, and all other steels.* Note for the sentences on Hidden Power fire, above: Hidden Power Fire is also good for sweeping ice-types, and catching them off-guard. ***OLD:*I also run Fury Cutter because it has a base power of 40, and since it's power doubles on each next hit, for a max power of up to 160. This is very good for taking advantage of Scizor's STAB, and sweeping the grass, and even all, the meta, especially psychic, 2nd to grass. Fury Cutter also takes great advantage of Scizor's Technician ability since it has a first base power of 40 on it's first hit, and double with each hit after. This makes Fury Cutter have a base power of 60 on it's first hit, and double it's power on each hit after.* This Scizor also acts for a great defensive switch-in bastion wall for hard-hitting dragons, and all dragons due to its defense and special defense ev's, and HP ev's. Note, the switches to Ominous Wind and Struggle Bug are for STAB and extra technician power for special bug sweeping with choice specs on Scizor to annihilate psychics in the meta that give this team trouble. Like Reuniclus, and Alakazam and Mega-Alakazam, and Latios, and Latias. It's also for the special attack drop hard-hitting technician boost it gets on all psychics. Ominous Wind is for hard hitting psychics and all the rest of the meta, but normal mons, which are swept easily by my entire team, so there is always next-to-no worry for normal switch-ins on an ominous wind, when always good with prediction, and having already cleared Chansey and Blissey off the field. Ominous wind also helps sweep all psychics, and struggle bug also hits Tyranitar hard, while also limiting special attacking Tyranitar with a special attack drop. Oh, and all moves on my Scizor also have a base power of 60. So all my special attack attacks on my choice specs Sciz have 90 power. So this Scizor is very exceptionally powerful and hard-hitting, especially with choice specs. In addition to having the added effect and affect + boost of lowering Special Attacking pokemon's special attack with Struggle Bug. And having the sleight and slight chance of upping all stats with a chance of doing this with 10% on Ominous Wind. So, this Scizor makes for a very good hard-hitting innovation and an offensive bishop-bluff offensive broom-sweeping hard-hitter with the use of morning sun, which makes it like a broom, as well as its hard-hittingness. :D :'D

4. Nidoqueen:

Nidoqueen @ Heat Rock

Ability: Sheer Force

EVs: 100 HP / 227 Atk / 59 Def / 49 SpD / 73 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Sunny Day

- Poison Jab

- Dragon Tail

- Earthquake

-Summary: I run the innovative physical attacking Nidoqueen for catching the metagame off-guard with a simple innovation, that is not as complex as my Hidden Power Fire Sun Scizor. But I do run sunny day with Heat Rock on this set to make this a manual dual-weather team, paired by Hail with Hail Slush Rush Sandslash-Alola. Heat Rock with Sunny Day Nidoqueen helps support sweeping with Specs and Sun Hidden Power Fire Scizor, and, as well as, supports full recovery on Scizor with a single use of Morning Sun. I also run dragon tail for phasing dragons, and all other set-up mons, by catching them off-guard, as well as for wearing down teams to stealth rock, and hail for constant-racking up damage, which was inspired by spike-stacking philosophy. Earthquake is for Stab and OHKO'ing Heatran, on the switch, as well as staying in. And, Poison Jab is for sweeping and taking down Fairies, and even Fairy cores, which Nidoqueen is capable of both doing. The physical set is also for hard-hitting Chansey and Blissey, which are decently common in today's metagame, and which would give the team trouble, if it weren't for Nidoqueen having it's place on it. Oh, sunny day is also for strengthening and double-empowering the move of Flare Blitz on Emboar, for sweeping all the meta....namely bulky fairies, but all other mons as well, since it hits so hard with Reckless, STAB, and sun, and Choice Band empowerment.

5. Emboar:

Emboar @ Choice Band

Ability: Reckless

EVs: 59 HP / 229 Atk / 55 Def / 76 SpD / 89 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Flare Blitz

- Wild Charge

- Earthquake

- Poison Jab

-Summary: I run Choice Band Reckless Emboar for taking advantage of my manual sun with Nidoqueen and for taking advantage of extra power on flare blitz with STAB, sun double-empowerment, reckless-power-boost, and Choice Band power boost, to sweep the entire meta. Namely bulky fairies, but all other mons as well. Earthquake let's me take down tran, on the switch, or even staying in. Poison Jab is for all grasses and fairies. And wild charge is for water types, that try to switch in on me. Wild Charge also takes advantage of the boost from Reckless, since it has recoil, like Flare Blitz. Flare blitz, with all of the above full boosts, 1HKO's or 2HKO's all the meta, and also allows me to take down all steels, which can sometimes give the team trouble, without Emboar. And Flare Blitz also allows for later sweeping with Poison Jab, on grass-mons, fairies, and others, if I need it to sweep later in the game. Wild Charge also allows me to take slow Politoed down without taking any damage from it since I typically outspeed it. This innovative Emboar moveset acts as an excellent hard-hitting Bishop and King Pokémon for sweeping all the Metagame.

6. Sandslash-Alola

Sandslash-Alola @ Icy Rock

Ability: Slush Rush

EVs: 60 HP / 219 Atk / 83 Def / 79 SpD / 67 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Stealth Rock

- Hail

- Icicle Crash

- Iron Head

-Summary: I run Stealth Rock + Hail Icy Rock Slush Rush Sandslash-Alola for making and creating a dual-manual-weather set up core for sweeping all the metagame. Hail with Icy Rock acts as an excellent long weather-starting set for sweeping all the meta, outside of sun. Ahahaha, (get it?) As in the fact that hail is outside of sunny weather? Aahahahahaha. Slush Rush allows me to act as a fast sweeper that also takes advantage of hail wearing down the pokemon of opposing teams, whether it is in or out of battle. Iron Head is for Stab and sweeping fairies, and icicile crash is for grounds, dragons, and all of the entire metagame, for sweeping it, as well as more STAB. Stealth Rock supports extra damage on the opposing team, and also allows for Dragon Tail/Stealth Rock phasing damage sweeping with Dragon Tail Nidoqueen. As well as, supporting the phasing of dragons and all other pokemon with Dragon Tail Nidoqueen as well. Sandslash-Alola also acts as an excellent bulk switch-in bastiodon pokemon for supporting my dual-dragon core of Calm Mind/Sweeping Roost Mega Latios and Choice Band Kyurem-Black, along with Scizor, due to it's extra special defense bulk of 79 ev's, and it's extra defense bulk of 83 ev's. In addition, to the use of a medium-to-normal HP-EV bracket, with its standard-medium 60 HP EV's.

Conclusion: That's the team for you people. As stated before, in the introduction, and multiple summaries of all the pokemon of the team, it's purpose is to unite two weather, in this case, them being sun and hail, to employ the use of manual weather with my use of my Heat Rock Sunny Day Physical Attacking Nidoqueen, and Hail Slush Rush Sandslash-Alola. The mission, theme, and purpose of the team is to show the use of how dual-manual-weather can help combat against ability-weather-pokemon teams, since you do not have to switch in an ability-weather-starter pokemon, and since you do not fully rely on weather as much as well, as some ability-weather-pokemon teams do, and have issues with, since you do not as fully depend on weather, or on weather being up. The purpose of this team is also to unite hard-hitting sun (with the use of Reckless Choice Band Emboar with Flare Blitz, (which sweeps the entire metagame with OHKO's or 2HKO's with sun up) + (Choice Specs Sun Scizor with Hidden Power Fire and Morning Sun for constant-sweeping and recovery) to take down steels, and catch them off-guard with Hidden Power Fire Scizor (namely Ferrothorn, and always bluff-offensive-bishop, as well as bluff-bishop, taking down Magnezone on the switch when they try to Magnet Pull trap my Scizor. My scizor set also bluffs U-turn Scizor sets, which gives me momentum in U-turn and Volt-Turn games with Landorus-Therian, opposing U-turn Scizor, and Volt Switch Magnezones and Volt Switch Rotom-W's. This puts me at the top of the offensive Volt-Turn game. But, not always offensive, due to the use of Sylveon on Standard Wall-VoltTurn teams since Sylveon is such an excellent defensive Special Defense wall Cleric for Standard-Build VoltTurn Teams. So, in short, you should all be pleased with this team as a Drag-Mag / Dual-Manual-Weather / Offensive Sweeping Team with bluff innovation. (As one can note by the innovation of Choice Specs Modest Sun Scizor with Hidden Power Fire, and Physical Attacking Sunny Day Nidoqueen. The use of Poison Jab Nidoqueen also makes it an excellent Extra-Fairy Sweeping Drag-Mag Offensive Broom Sweeping Team. So, enjoy people. And please rate, and review, and post comments! Oh, and once again, I hope you guys all got a good laugh at the clever title of the team! :D. I felt it was pretty funny!

Note: I will post replays later! And, always update with good new ones and new ones when I upload more replays! :D :'D

-Psilo

Team Importable:

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Band

Ability: Teravolt

EVs: 80 HP / 219 Atk / 49 Def / 71 SpD / 89 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Dragon Claw

- Iron Head

- Shadow Claw

- Zen Headbutt

Latios-Mega @ Latiosite

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 85 HP / 39 Def / 219 SpA / 79 SpD / 86 Spe

Modest Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Calm Mind

- Dragon Pulse

- Ice Beam

- Roost

Scizor @ Choice Specs

Ability: Technician

EVs: 100 HP / 27 Def / 223 SpA / 69 SpD / 89 Spe

Modest Nature

- Fury Cutter

- Aerial Ace

- Hidden Power [Fire]

- Morning Sun

Nidoqueen @ Heat Rock

Ability: Sheer Force

EVs: 100 HP / 227 Atk / 59 Def / 49 SpD / 73 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Sunny Day

- Poison Jab

- Dragon Tail

- Earthquake

Emboar @ Choice Band

Ability: Reckless

EVs: 59 HP / 229 Atk / 55 Def / 76 SpD / 89 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Flare Blitz

- Wild Charge

- Earthquake

- Poison Jab

Sandslash-Alola @ Icy Rock

Ability: Slush Rush

EVs: 60 HP / 219 Atk / 83 Def / 79 SpD / 67 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Stealth Rock

- Hail

- Icicle Crash

- Iron Head

Replays:
1. A great game against a friend of mine, named Fureur. :'D :D

1. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-1005189242

2. A very good game against a player by the name of, gerogi. :D
2. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-1005206051

3. An epic battle against a good player by the name of, Naelstras! :'D :D
3. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-1005212977

4. A very epic battle against someone name Walizer. I win in this one with two awesome-in-particular predictions! :D :'D
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-1005235830

5. A great game against a friend of mine named Cyrus27. Check it out! :D :'D
5. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-1005239531

6. A great game against a player named josedanny18. (I was just joking about being GameFreak btw, I sometimes jokingly sign that name when pointing out hax (not complaining, I don't do that). I don't like complaining at all, like many others. Me and friends used to jokingly do that because it's a social saying, jokingly signing your name as "GameFreak", I mean. I'm not trying to claim to be GameFreak. Just saying, in case anyone were to wonder if I were the real GameFreak. So, anyway, enjoy this awesome battle! :D :'D
6. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-1005251524

7. A great game against a player by the name of oreos1115! :D :'D
7. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-1005645542

8. A great game against a player by the name of, darkjar! :D :'D
8. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-1005665583

9. A great game against a friend of mine, named Bluly! :D :'D
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-1005671359

10. And yet another great game against a friend o' mine by the name of Ouassim78190! :D :'D
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-1005700257

11. Another great battle as well against a player by the name of VVGR! :D :'D

11. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-1005710380

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.