• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hail to the Chef (418)

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
Nice funny episode. I like that one that one pose Brock does when he gets all angry.
Do we also get to see bits of his eyes? Wow a nice episode and the main Pokemon, Sneasel and Mr.Mime. Nice way to play around with us..

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Alfonso said:
-Sneasel roughly pulls Mr. Mime towards him. Poor little dude pretends to like Sneasel, but Resu and Sneasel's obvious greatness make him jealous.
LOL

It's odd how simply wearing a black outfit made one twin (Resu) seem so much more attractive than the other twin (Toran).

I loved the Sneasel's expression's! It had so much personality! ^_^

Ample craziness, lovely fantasy scenes (Brock isn't safe from Max even in his imagination!). Ash looks like he's using Solarbeam or something...

Ton's of stuff to like in this episode, you only find bad things if you nit pick or expect something to be there that had no business being there. Really, we all would have liked some reference to the DP Sneasel/Mr. Mime counterparts but how could they have possibly fit in an evolution and baby in this episode?

Question, did Chimecho actually use a new attack? On some other screen shots it looks like the Fire Spin/Water Gun combo was stopped by a small energy shield. Then we see Chimecho, and James crying over something. So did Chimecho use an attack or did Mudkip/Combusken's attack simply somehow not reach those final few inches to the balloon?

V Faction

www.faction.com
It's almost as if they're making fun of their own repetition. The scene with shrugging off Brock's action, most TR stuff, the WAY too cheery departure segment (look at those pics, they are MUCH too happy), it all is creepy.

Confirmation on what went down with Chimecho would be much obliged.

Addydo

X-Men/Pokemon Fan!
I thought Sneasel looked too big. Sneasel should have been shorter than Mr. Mime. Sneasel's height is 2'11'', and Mr. Mime is 4'3''. Anyways, it looks like a good episode. :)

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
I still insist that showcasing both Mr. Mime and Sneasel in the same episode was far too evil of a teaser, but this looks like it was the best filler of the arc so far, mainly because it tried NOT to be serious. We need these types of comedy episodes more often, like the Claydol one.

[img135]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/kanto/418/AG275.jpg[/img135]

Gotta be one of the best motto scenes ever.
Addydo said:
I thought Sneasel looked too big. Sneasel should have been shorter than Mr. Mime. Sneasel's height is 2'11'', and Mr. Mime is 4'3''. Anyways, it looks like a good episode. :)
Well, Magcargo's only supposed to be 2'07", and it was a friggin' giant.

Fizban

Propaniacs
Pokemon Fan said:
Question, did Chimecho actually use a new attack? On some other screen shots it looks like the Fire Spin/Water Gun combo was stopped by a small energy shield. Then we see Chimecho, and James crying over something. So did Chimecho use an attack or did Mudkip/Combusken's attack simply somehow not reach those final few inches to the balloon?
It was just the attacks not being able to reach that far.

This episode was a laugh riot. My favorite part was when Mr. Mime prepared food for the gang and made it into a big show. I would have liked to have seen Ash walk into a Light Screen wall, though. There's nothing quite like some good ol' fashioned mime humor.

Addydo

X-Men/Pokemon Fan!
Shining Suikun said:
I still insist that showcasing both Mr. Mime and Sneasel in the same episode was far too evil of a teaser, but this looks like it was the best filler of the arc so far, mainly because it tried NOT to be serious. We need these types of comedy episodes more often, like the Claydol one.

[img135]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/kanto/418/AG275.jpg[/img135]

Gotta be one of the best motto scenes ever.

Well, to me it just didn't look right. Look at Harrison's Sneasel, Sneasel comes up to his knee; and this Sneasel was as tall as it's Trainer! :eek: :confused:
It just was not right at all. I mean, what if that Sneasel evolved in that episode, Manyula would be as tall as Blaziken! :eek:

Geodude

Alfonso said:
-While TR are helping Sneasel's fashion and Putting-On-A-Show technqiue. We see Jessie with a huge block of ice, (Heh, she sure loves them. XD) and tells Sneasel to make a statue out of it. Hilariously, it does, and it stands proud for all to see... until the camera pans back and we see how damned small it is. XD James has a magnefying glass. XD
It was supposed to be small. It was all part of them teaching Sneasel how to have "the look" like Mr. Mime's meals did. Mr. Mime had a little ice statue as a centerpiece, so they were getting Sneasel to make one too.

MaskedManAbsolkid

Shining Suikun said:

You talking about that Johto episode? It was meant to be big in that episode.
Besides, the drawings aren't always perfect, and some pokemon can be bigger than others.

I actually thought this was a good episode, one of the good episodes of the Battle Frontier.

J

jynx

Why on earth does Mr. Mime have so much appearances? (And why Delia have to keep it?)

I doubt its popular in Japan! (The creators like it? Or what?)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Mr. Mime is actually a rarely seen Poke, not counting Delia's of course. I can't remember the last time we've seen a Mr. Mime that didn't belong to Ash's mom. Since all that Mr. Mime does is sweep the floors and clean dishes all day, it is nice to see another one have a major role for once.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

from the pics this ep looks amazing!

JazzJazz

Shining Suikun said:
I still insist that showcasing both Mr. Mime and Sneasel in the same episode was far too evil of a teaser

They didn't seem to really be "showcasing" the pokemon... this episode could've worked just as well with any number of pokemon being used.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Scyther vs Electabuzz! Which Restaurant? Lol

BTw, that irishy music that played when Brock was training Mr.Mime and TR were training Sneasel rocked!

E

Ethereal

I just saw this ep. I'm surprised that it was actually a very entertaining episode. It was funny and interesting. There were also plenty of avatar worthy moments in the ep...Particularly from Meowth and Sneasel...

i'd say the episode was awesome........ with Sneasel and Mr.Mime's cooking challenge or whatever
the episode made me laugh a lot of times......... also everything seemed interesting....... if i were to rate it........... it would be a 10/10 :D

A

Ashfan17

Saw the pictures looks very funny surprisingly lol Meowth has another rival poor Meowth lol. He looked scary in some screen shots really evil in others and I liked some of the Brock/Meowth interactions I'd like more please. Over all from what it looked like very funny.

Addydo

X-Men/Pokemon Fan!
Does anyone agree with me that Sneasel looked way too big in this episode!?

Last edited:

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
I didn't understand the ending. Was it Mr.Mime who won the contest? Nobody got to try thier food until then end but that was when both Pokemon were together.