• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hail to the Chef (418)

Oh, I also noticed that this episode completely destroyed the "Pokemon can't understand human speech" because Barriyado completely understood Takeshi's "Don't throw in any old spice"

Riva

The Olive Kitsune
Geodude said:
There was nothing to destroy. That never should have been said in the first place, whenever it was said. There are countless examples that contradict that statement.
That's right. If pokemon couldn't understand human speech, how can they use the attacks their trainers call for?

GoggleHead

Digimon > Pokemon
I thought this episode was interesting. It was interesting that they used the Pokemon that have 4th generation evolutions and pre-evolutions. I personally thought the girl with the Sneasel was hotter than the one with Mr. Mime. I probably thought she was hotter because she had a Sneasel and I like Sneasel much more than Mr. Mime.

GoggleHead

Digimon > Pokemon
Well, I don't the new things Jessie and James say, so I have no idea what Meowth says. What's the new song thingy anyways.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I enjoyed this episode from beginning to end. It definitely made my top three of the year, along with "Claydol Big and Tall" and "Once in a Mawile". I wasn't sure about it going into the episode, but I was pleasantly surprised it was so good. It was hilarious, had great gags, and Team Rocket get some positive material. Good combination.

My two cents:

-- It was wonderful to see Team Rocket get to be nice for so long and to get a free meal. That is so rare nowadays.
-- Sneasel and Meowth's rivalry was hilarious. I'm not being on sneasel as a pokemon, but the one in this episode was entertaining. I liked the erupting volcano background during one Meowth/sneasel scene. I noticed that they didn't mention that Team Rocket almost replaced Meowth with sneasel once before, but at least this time it was just something Meowth assumed for the most part.
-- I'm not surprised by James's comment that Meowth wanted that one motto line (not to mention that he has so many more lines in the new motto). I'm betting Meowth felt that his part in the old motto had been downgraded since he went from being the end line of the motto to being one of two enders, then one of three. I did like the motto for this episode. :)
-- GREAT visual gags in this episode. I loved all the exaggerated cartoony reactions to the food, from both Team Rocket and Team Twerp. James and Meowth blasting off from the food were the funniest parts, and Ash doing a solar beam-like bit. I liked the twerps and Munchlax collapsing from the bad food too. LOL
-- BEST GAG EVER: Brock accidentally hitting on Max. :D
-- I liked Rhonda and Rhoda, and not just as love interests of Brock. That's saying something. Good characters.
-- I loved all of Mr. Mime's scenes in this episode, especially when he switched his ladle for Jessie's keys. LOL

Overall, 10/10, one of the best of the season.

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
Good episode, with the Meowth vs Sneasel argument the highlight of the ep. But still why does Team Rocket brag about success when they know they're gonna lose.

Cartoonami

To know the unkown
Another one of the top 5 shows of the 8'th season. By this point, 4Kids really gave 101% into this series. Certainly in the acting dept.
Some funny stuff includes:
James at one point of food tasting, where he blasts off, sounds like he has an orgasm. Yeouch!
All of the expressions from TR are an animation treat to see.
Various twists on runners like Brock hitting on various girls, and a hilarious twist on the motto.
And all the while, the comedic story has an emotional core between Rhoda and Rhonda.
10/10 indeed.

Battra

Defenitly like Rhonda and Rhoda's maid out fits and how the match their pokemon.

C.J. Ray

I wanted Shaymin! :(
My favorite episode post-Hoenn, because I'm training to be a caterer and I love to watch the Food Network people cook, so anything where Pokemon and culinary art is fused is just 999 out of 5 for me. :D

And it has one of my favorite Johto Pokemon, Sneasel. They really made the Sneasel have a real mean attitude. Anyone get the reference to the old Johto League episode where Harrison catches the Sneasel there and Team Rocket wanted Sneasel to replace Meowth? :)

Brock actually did something other than be a cheerleader.

Pokemonger49777

IT'S ASHER JESUS!!!
I personally prefer Mr. Mime, but yes, I liked the episide. Especially those twin resturant owners, YEAH!!!

Battra

As an aspiring chef myself I can really get into this episode, it was funny to see Munchlax collapse from eating Mr. Mimes food, also seeing Rhonda and Rhoda make up at the end and work the restaurant together made me cry.

Magmarashi

Bastion of Flame
I liked this episode a lot.

Resu/Rhonda girl was cooler/hotter than her Sister. Sneasel > Mr. Mime

Like some of you have said, I noticed that this was another Episode in which Pokemon that had Pre-Evolutions or Evolutions that had been revealed and were going to be in the D/P Games were in the Spotlight.

I just really liked this Episode, it was really cool.

Rebeccag

I quite enjoyed this episode as I liked May/Ash and co going to one restaraunt and then team Rocket going to the other restaraunt then the two of them meeting up. And it was nice at the end when they decided to work together putting their own strenghts together

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
this episode was most enjoyable, though i don't find it logic toput a sneasel in the kitchen, they just don't have the hands for it.