• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hailstorm

boxchan

I don't see the point in hp electric heatran if you have charge cress.

Alzi

Toon link
It's just a back up just incase cress dies or somthing.

Ok who should i replace for another ice type pokemon? I was thinking maybe donphan or gliscor?

Edit: If i take out Gliscor i could kill Heracross with donphan. Like switch into it's close combat and it will be locked into it that attack with CB and just keep playing the switching game. Not really countering but sort of like revenge killing.

Last edited:

Alzi

Toon link
Well i can't only have one electric move on the team and hope it kills gyarados. What if cresselia dies before i even see a gyarados and anyway i don't like exploding heatren since he's the only fire type i got there.

Toxic

GONNA
Why not, if the pokemon with the electric attack is one of the most reliable counters for gyara.

Alzi

Toon link
Yes i know i'm keeping charge beam on cress.

boxchan said:

''I don't see the point in hp electric heatran if you have charge cress.''

Yes he has a good point there but i where to replace hidden power electric on heatran then the only other option is to put explosion instead of hidden power electric and i don't want to use explosion since i don't want to blow it up since it's the only fire type i have that really helps the team.

And what pokemon should i ditch to shove another ice type in there? I am thinking Gliscor at the moment.

Edit: Also i love your sig toxic lol it's so funny.

boxchan

you don't need hp electric for back up.
if cress dies, it's because gyara got a dd and did something like a flinch waterfall.

by which point it will be faster than heatran and you won't get the chance to electric it.

so like toxic said, grass > electrics.

Alzi

Toon link
Oh yeah i forgot about hidden power [grass] i thought the only move that could go there would be explosion.

Ok hidden power grass it is then and what pokemon should i take out for another ice type pokemon to make use of the hail? Right now i'm think gliscor.

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
Waaaaaat, no 32 turns of stall? ;_; sob. IMO if you're going to make a hail team you may aswell use the only thing that its got going for it, wallrein.

Alzi

Toon link
Lord sunday i had walrein in there but people told me to replace it with a rapid spinner and i am now replacing gliscor for walrein. Since my team doesn't look like a hail team lol. Dam these hail teams fail :(.

Caesar

F.E.A.R the rat
well many ice types are bl or lower most are uu if i remember corectly, so you could try making this a uu team

Alzi

Toon link

Thats a good idea but..
I'm not a UU battler. I only understand a little about UU but not as much as i do in OU.

Also edited the first page i took out gliscor for walrein. Now is the team looking oright?

Caesar

F.E.A.R the rat
It looks more like a hail team. Up untill this thread i didn't realise how bad hail was, if only there was a stat boost like the sandstorm spdef boost for rocks

Alzi

Toon link
Do you think i should squeeze in one more ice pokemon in there or should i leave it as it is?

Yes hail teams do fail but it's part of my goal to create these sorts of teams and also i might redo my sandstorm team and delete the other crappy sandstorm team i made.

"L"

Lord sunday i had walrein in there but people told me to replace it with a rapid spinner and i am now replacing gliscor for walrein. Since my team doesn't look like a hail team lol. Dam these hail teams fail :(.

Cloyster's an Ice rapid spinner isn't it? If I recall, it also gets spikes, so with Gliscor you can set up spikes + rocks.

Alzi

Toon link
Yes but if i had cloyster then it would hurt my team even more when steath rock is down. So it would be hard to switch in and out an then rapid spin.

But i changed the team around alittle so what do you think of the team now?

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE

only because most of the people have never heard of 32 turns awesomeness and stall of and waLLrein. But yeah it looks a bit better now *goes to scruitinise further*

Last edited:

Caesar

F.E.A.R the rat
Have you considered frolass, she gives you a decent special attacker and is also ice