1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Hair Transplant - Trend or Not?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by footnest, Mar 11, 2015.

1. footnest

footnest Member

Hey guys, I keep reading about hair transplants. What is this, like hair extensions? Those were "in" a few years back with stars and dancers, right? I bet this is just the latest fad. Has anyone bought / done a hair transplant? What is this about?

2. Milennin

Milennin *hugs Absol*

I've never even heard of such a thing before.

3. Bert

Bert Untitled

It's a surgical procedure. They remove hair from places you wouldn't necessarily want it (chest, beard) and implant them again where you do (usually the head). It's a common treatment against balding. Wayne Rooney for example has undergone a hair transplant.

PS: pubic hair is a bit of a no-go since the hair keeps its structure, so that'll look bad on your head. In case you were wondering...

4. devilmonkey

devilmonkey ROWROWFightDaPOWAH

Here are some links
    for those who haven't heard about it (thanks Google).

Personally, I think most cosmetic surgery is pointless. Yes, you can/should make exceptions for burn victims, but as those sites will show you this is mainly a voluntary, male-dominated procedure. And a middle-aged, white, middle-upper class procedure it seems. It's usually just people chasing after the past and not accepting that, as we grow old we're supposed to lose our hair and look less sexier than we used to.

I know I read about girls doing it, though, with hair "donated" by other women. This is just weird to me on too many levels. For one thing, hair falls out all the time. Like, the head of hair you have now is not the same hair you had 5 years ago. Even if you implant a full head of smooth blonde hair into your scalp, two-three years later it'll all fall back out again anyway. It'd be cheaper to just take care of your hair with quality product for that same amount of time instead.

5. waterwine

waterwine New Member

Yeah now that my hair has started to thin at the back I just keep it short. There's no way I would be getting hair transplants, when it starts to go all Phil Collins I'll just shave it all off!

6. Gothitelle507

Gothitelle507 New Member

Hair... Transplants?
    That... That's a thing?

7. footnest

footnest Member

eeeewwww ... that was actually my first thought when I started reading your post. Well, it is bound to go away really soon just like tummy tuck, you know. It was popular a few years back and a friend was pestering her parents to let her go through one. That one is also an incredibly horrible and yucky procedure. Hair transplant probably pales compare to tummy tucks from the looks of this site. But, still, it is ingenious. Imagine getting hair from another part of the body - except that part that you mentioned - an transplanting if to a highly noticeable? Hell, I'll ask the doctor to get some hair - permanently - from my armpits and transfer it elsewhere. That is hitting two birds with one stone - lol!

8. chestyunease

chestyunease New Member

Hi, I am not that much familiar or saw one who had a hair transplant but according to what I have read, It is a procedure done to replace hair loss. I think, it is also called as hair restoration. Great that you have found a video online:)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  9. I would totally trade my armpit hair to turn into real scalp hair... lol

10. DiaRubyTandem

DiaRubyTandem The Fastest Comeback

Hair transplant? That's cool, ya know