• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Half and half

SuicuneScale

Is that a cookie?
This team is a half generic rain team, half non-generic. It has been destroying most other weather, and the sets catch people off guard. Without further ado.....
The Team!

At a glance
186.png
642-s.png
245.png
598.png
149.png
473.png
weather_politoed.png

Aperture science (Politoed) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect
- Encore

OK. Defensive politoed is better, in my opinion, as it can stay for weather longer. I use Scald for damage or to burn incoming Ferrothorn, and Toxic for predictions. Protect is to scout and Encore is to troll pokes who set up.
enXaX.png

We do what we must (Thundurus-T) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Thunderus-T. It destroys.

Oh, the summary! Right. Thunder is STAB, Volt Switch is for scouting, Focus Blast for coverage and T-tar, and HP ice for gliscor and other ground types predicting Volt Switches. NOTE: The four Def evs instead of HP is so I can switch into rocks 4 times as opposed to 3.
Suicune.png

because, we can (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Rest
- Calm Mind
- Sleep Talk

(Okay, prepare for a little bit of bias)
This is the standard CroCune. Suicune is better than most people think. It has 2 roles: 1. set up, and 2. win any late-game stall wars. I find people misjudge how bulky it is and try to kill it off soon (starmie's t-bolt is an example), but this is when it sets up.
http://i51.*******.com/1pz8mv.jpg
Its hard to (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

Meh, standard ferro. Kind of a cliche, but cliches are there for a reason. Spikes for the hazards, Power Whip and Gyro Ball for stab, and Leech Seed for recovery.
72-3.png

overstate (Dragonite) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Hurricane
- ExtremeSpeed

Dragonite started as a DD set, but it wasn't working very good. Then i thought about Tornadus, but I didn't wan't to lose my dragon-type moves. Then this set kind of just floated in my head. Earthquake for coverage, Outrage to destory everything that moves for STAB, ExtremeSpeed for priority, and Hurricane Katrina to have special coverage and to bring Volcarona into Outrage range.
images

my satisfaction. (Mamoswine) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Superpower

Mamo is anti-metagame, and even more so with the sash. It kills Terrakion, who is a threat. EQ and Ice Shard for STAB, Stealth Rock for (many) switches, and Superpower for coverage.

THREATS
Genesect is the biggest threat, destoying almost everything with the coverage, especially if it is LO'd.

If nobody gets the nicknames, I will cry.

Attachments

• 642-s.png
    642-s.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 23

Ttar's stone edge

League Legend
portal references <3 as for the team, i like dragonite's set, nice originatity. If genesect is an issue, trapper magnezone and heatran annihilate it. Tran for SR so you still have hazards, or magnezone's hp fire wich OKO's even with rain. Just two potential options :3

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
he can't use heatran. it's a rain team. change mamo's nature to adamant, and give 'im a life orb.

Cosmic Potato

Sexy Trainer
1. Suicune is horrible in OU, no reason to use it.
2. Replace suicune with a breloom check like tornadus-t.
3. Put the extra for EVs into SpD on thundurus because of gensect.
4. Also, that dragonite sucks in this metagame, with No power or lum berry.

Rotom-F

Team Rater
Very Good team, 9,5/10 but Suicune isnt that good user of Calm Mind, because of its Mono-Attack (If your gonna keep it, use Surf). You could Use Calm Mind Jirachi, Meloetta or Keldeo that are better options. Ferrothorn is obviously a monster, even more in rain, but Gyro Ball isnt a good move, screw Grass types, he cant attack with much power, so i think Thunder Wave is a better option over it, and you dont lost Speed. Also, you could use 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD evs with Careful nature for a Dual Wall. Dragonite mixed with these EVs arent very powerfull. Make it a Choice Band With Outrage, Earthquake, Extremespeed and Superpower. But anyways, there are better options for physical sweepers in Rain, i Mean Gyarados, which is the Boss of the bosses, it could be some of the walls with most coverage, or a powerfull unstopable sweeper in rain without getting confused. Use a Dragon Dance w/ Waterfall, Bounce(or Earthquake) and Substitute Set with 56 HP / 248 Atk / 204 Spe Adamant Nature, with Leftovers and Intimidate, it is very powerfull and bulky, you should see. Im not sure about the Mamoswine, but you need a good Ice attacker, but anways Sash Mamo with Superpower wont OHKO Ferrothorn (Jolly Nature does 54.54 - 64.77% to Mixed Ferro), and you could use Endeavor over it.

SuicuneScale

Is that a cookie?
Well, according to you guy, I have to change everyone but Thunderus-T and Politoed, so...I'll try some things.
1. Suicune is horrible in OU, no reason to use it.
Ever tried it? It is not horrible from my experience.
2. Replace suicune with a breloom check like tornadus-t.
I have it already.....
3. Put the extra for EVs into SpD on thundurus because of gensect.
OK, but that won't make much difference...
4. Also, that dragonite sucks in this metagame, with No power or lum berry.
Hurricane catches Breloom off guard, and by then, everyone is scared of Thunder.

Ilan

[video=youtube;Y6ljFaKRTrI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI[/video]

On politoed Perish Song>protect it beat those annoying baton pass teams easily (and Mr mime isn't that common in them anyway) it will also ruin some set ups and protect is kinda useless except stalling for toxic which I believe is also kinda useless in OU since there are too many steels or things that doesn't care about toxic..(guts/natural cure/teams with clerics/toxic heal(gliusco) Also Scald is should be switched with hydro pump you will be amazed by how many things get 2HKOed by hydro pump in the rain it also hurts ninetales and tyranitar harder.

Rotom-F

Team Rater
@SuicuneScale Just saying that mixed Dragonite wont work, and when did breelom became a treat for you? It doesnt outspeed, and rarely have Stone Edge. Outrage does 97.5 - 114.68% to Breelom with +1 or Choice Band, and its Guaranteed OHKO after stealth rocks damage.