• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Half sweep, Half Batton Pass

Thunderstrike18

Sandāsutoraiku
This was a rain team which turned into a Batton pass team. It has peaked 1400 on Showdown. And now it is always losing and I'm all the way back down at 1350. Here it is:

;291;
Ninjask @ Leftovers
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Protect
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- X-Scissor
This guy sets up the lead speed. Protect, then Sub, then protect, then Batton pass to togekiss or Vaporeon. For the sweepers, speed is really apprietiate it.
X-Scissor is so I don't fall to taunt. (Trust me that happened without X-Scissor)...

;468;
Togekiss @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
- Baton Pass
This was the first Batton pass addition to the team and it was built after this guy was on it. Nasty Plot Roost Togekiss can REALLY help the team. I swept a whole team because of it with my earlier team(in my sig). He's really bulky, REALLY bulky.

;134;
Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 252 SDef / 248 HP / 8 SAtk
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Acid Armor
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Hydro Pump
Hydration or Water Obsorb? I'm thinking of changing it to water Obsorb because this team isn't a rain team. Hydro pump so no taunt and just defensive Batton pass again so those sweepers don't die.

;#642;
Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Nasty plot is if all else fails. This guy is a pretty good sweeper with just +2 Special Attack. Hidden Power ice is for the dragons, and focus miss for steel (if it hits them lol)...

;#647;
Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
This guy is the main sweeper. He usually and I think maybe even every battle he destroys the teams. Secret sword and hydro pump +2 Batton pass makes other people rage quit. Calm mind is more of a back-up.

;373;
Salamence @ Lum Berry
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Hydro Pump
Dragon Claw doesn't really work with Outrage. I mean, it's more of a filler. Hydro pump was for the rain team but it actually works pretty well. EQ makes those steel types die hard. Lum Berry lets me get two destroying outrages in before I get confused. Overall the best pchycal (spelling?) sweeper out there.

And there it is... Please Rate. It now has a losing streak and I need to know how to fix it.

(Sorry if the smilies are wrong, I used google to find their pokedex numbers.)​

Last edited:

silverangel

Metal Fairy
For generation 5 pokes, you use : # :.

HRRlion

2795 4358 7025
A lot of your team seems to be shut down if Ninjask has to deal with powerful priority moves. Have you considered something like Scizor or Lucario to deal with those such pokemon?

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
You need espeon. Every Baton Pass team needs espeon so they can keep hazards away and block whirlwind/roar. That's all I've got besides ditching the set up moves on keldeo and thundy for more coverage and replacing hydro pump with fire blast of mence. Oh yeah, replace x-scissor with swords dance so salamence has a chance at getting an attack boost.

Schoug

Scientist
You'll have a hard time handling Starmie. Also, a spinner would be quite nice, since 4 of your pokés (3, if you don't care about Ninjask after his first pass) are weak to SR. But of course that does depend on whether you will be switching or not, which maybe isn't the case since you don't have any choice poké.