• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Halloween Thread

FlyingFlygon

Ocarina of Calm
Interesting thread.

Well, I myself won't be going trick-or-treating. I'm a high school freshmen and it can get kind of embarassing in my community (my own opinion, don't argue 0_o). However, I love to be the one handing out candy. I like seeing some of the clever costumes people can come up with. I also enjoy scaring the little kids. (Muhahahaha!) ^^

Thriller

Its almost time
Most Halloweens I never seem to go out dressed as what I planned to.

Last year I was a paper bag for my colleges Halloween Party and for October 31st (the party took place two days earlier), I dressed as a cowboy recycling the poncho I used for my paper bag suit, then I went trick or treating for UNICEF.

This Halloween I would really like to dress as the [elaborate] Natural Killer Cyborg from Mother 3, or Alex DeLarge from a Clockwork Orange.

1# manga fan!

2 Year Veteran
yyyeeeeesssss! Of course your never to old to trick or treat! Well mabey.... but I'm not at least!

I'm going this year as pikachu with my friend who's going to be Sakura from Naruto. At least I think that's how you spell it? Who here is too old to go I mean seriously! Free candy!

JIMMAH!!!!

Pickin' a winner
Handing out the candy is always fun. And I just had an idea.
First, I'll dress up as an old scarecrow, get the big bowl of candy, a rocking chair, and a big sign that says: "Please take only five pieces"

Next, I'll sit on the chair, sit the sign next to me, and sit the bowl on my lap.

Then, if anyone takes more than five pieces of candy, I'll grab their hand, and do something scary.

OR, If I can't be bothered doing that, I'll go out and trick-or-treat. Twelve isn't too old, right?

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
im an alein this year!! woot woot! not scary enough to make little kids cry, but creepy enough to where its halloweenie

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
Handing out the candy is always fun. And I just had an idea.
First, I'll dress up as an old scarecrow, get the big bowl of candy, a rocking chair, and a big sign that says: "Please take only five pieces"

Next, I'll sit on the chair, sit the sign next to me, and sit the bowl on my lap.

Then, if anyone takes more than five pieces of candy, I'll grab their hand, and do something scary.
When I was about five, one guy in my neighborhood did that. And every time I would forget and be surprised when he did it. It was fun.
OR, If I can't be bothered doing that, I'll go out and trick-or-treat. Twelve isn't too old, right?
Are you kidding? My brother still went trick-or-treating at eighteen, and twelve isn't NEARLY too old to go trick-or-treating. If it was, I should've stopped a while ago.

I don't know what I'll be this year, I was thinking a werewolf, but then I don't know how to do all the fur and such. Maybe I'll just be a ghost again.

My only fear is that the amount of Michael Jacksons this year will exceed the number of Jokers from last year. Ugh.
Agh. Don't even....

Mark_Chaos

WARP EVOLUTION!
what the hell do you mean whats the appeal in halloween?

first off its that special day of the year where all the girls dress up as hoes with super ultra push up bras.

thats reason enough.

second, its an excuse to party. and halloween parties tend to be really fun.

and yeah free candy.

Yeah see, this is why Halloween is awesome. Free Candy, dressing up, free candy, curving pumpkins, free candy, free candy... Oh did I say free candy, if not, free candy.

Grei

not the color
Yeah see, this is why Halloween is awesome. Free Candy, dressing up, free candy, curving pumpkins, free candy, free candy... Oh did I say free candy, if not, free candy.

Poisoned candy, too

Anyway, I won't be trick-or-treating. I feel I may be too old for it, but I'd still go anyway if I didn't have another place to be.

I think Halloween parties would be a lot more fun, but trick-or-treating is awesome, too.

Zeddokun

Last year I was L from Death Note so this year I'll be...
Lol, someone should go and disguise themself as Miror. B and carry around a radio playing Miror B's XD theme continuously.
Of course, we'd need to find the afro and the costume first.

That.

Halloween gives me an excuse to do bad cosplay. :)

Last edited:

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
Last year I was L from Death Note so this year I'll be...

That.

Halloween gives me an excuse to do bad cosplay. :)

I think there's a mod who is likely to have done that recently, or at least once.
Zeddokun, I had a similar idea to that for a second.....
To get the costume to work, get an elvis costume, dye it yellow, or get a yellow one....
The afro, well, use half bleach, half, well, maybe wine, then again, that's just a bad idea to try.

EDIT: Hey, anyone have an idea or two for what I could try to be for halloween?
Oh, I have a great idea, a nerdy vampire!

tharjaandme

Trash Mainer
Hmm well I'll be part of the trick-or-treating bunch this year. I went as Sarah Palin last year (I'm a boy) and I got quite a bit of candy, which was quite surprising actually cuz I lived in a pretty republican area. And I've never gotten sick off of Hallowcandy, so I'm not too concerned about being poisoned.

EDIT: Hey, anyone have an idea or two for what I could try to be for halloween?
Oh, I have a great idea, a nerdy vampire!

By nerdy vampire I hope you mean edward cullen from twilight

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
Ooh, that'd be interesting if you added on someone dressed as a syringe of vaccine.

my thoughts exactly, if that doesn't earn extra candy then i will eat my hat.

Actually, the swine flu sounds interesting as a costume!
Double D from Ed, Edd, and Eddy, once dressed up as the bubonic plague for halloween!

you serious? i got to see that. which episode and what year was it from?

How would a swine flue look like. O_O

ehm, something lightgreen with... moving hairs?
that and the text: swine flu in black color and bold on the chest.

What gives you any right to say what I should do? It's my opinion and I'm fully entitled to it. You may enjoy it, but I don't.

rights? it's a fellow forummember's advice barba, you are free to take it or leave it.

and funny enough i never celebrated halloween once in my life as i live in a complete different continent who have their own holidays but i do understand the morale behind it aswell as that of many other holidays.

in most cases a person that claims that [insert holiday here] is just another made up holiday for people to get richer from and refuses to partake because of that reason can be related to actualy just being a lonely person or that he had alot of bad experiences with it for one or multiple times (depending on how bad it was) which you seemed not to have due to the fact that you never partaked in it.

afterall what's the point of celebrating something if there is nobody around to do it together with? that's why i said to join in at least once, it might be good for you to do so:)

Last edited:

FusionSonicX

It's Lil' Kim, ho!
That does sound silly!
It would be in bad taste if you got a friend to dress up as John Redcorn (XD)

That would be epic! I say post pictures! :D

I really don't see what people see in Halloween. :|

It's the one time of the year that really brings people together.

first off its that special day of the year where all the girls dress up as hoes with super ultra push up bras.

Don't they always do that? D:

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
Lol my last year of going trick or treating was... i think last year. I dressed up as the joker and my buddies as the little minions .. wish i had a pic of it, i almost looked like him too XD... Anyways, i went to this lady's house and she kinda freaked out on me.... The only thing i could say was "Why so serious?" XD And everyone started to laugh, even the older lady did, which was sorta odd. But tbh, i thought i was getting a little too old to be doing that anymore. Except for dressing up as a monster and hiding in the ditch like 2 years XD.. Now that was funny =D

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
Do any of your guy's schools have a halloween dance? I'm already planning for it and am kinda excited :p

At my high school all everybody does is stand and complain, and drink lots and lots of punch. And the music you cant really dance to. But at the college there is apparently a dance, that i may attend. If its good then i'll go again

ChedWick

Do any of your guy's schools have a halloween dance? I'm already planning for it and am kinda excited :p

My middle school had Halloween dances. The closest thing to a costume party our school had was morp (prom smelled backwards signifying a non-formal dance i guess)