• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Halloween Thread

Hakuryuu

Bloody git
I love Halloween. Free candy is amazing.

This year, I'm going as Miku from VOCALOID. She's not my favorite VOCALOID, but her outfit is so cute.

My high school doesn't have Halloween dances. My old one didn't either. We didn't have any dances. Wow.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
hey, i suddenly remind myself that i still have my old armygear and stuff somewhere in the back of the closet, if not mistaken i even have my gasmasks, i feel a nasty plot coming.

Haruka

Banned
Halloween is my favorite time of the year. Screw Christmas. Screw St. Patrick's day. Screw my birthday. Nothing compares.

I actually don't know if I'm gonna trick-or-treat this year though. I don't really like candy much at all. I'm still definitely roaming the streets nonetheless(after either a party or a football game, haven't decided yet), but just to scare people/prank houses. Always the best part anyway. :]

The only problem is...I have like 50 costume ideas. It's gonna be a toughie picking this year.

Do any of your guy's schools have a halloween dance? I'm already planning for it and am kinda excited :p

God I wish we did; that would be amazing.
I guess for my school it's just too close to Homecoming...in fact, apparently some schools in my county have Homecoming on Halloween, but the students can't dress up in costume in anything... Which pretty lame. :/
I would much rather go Trick-or-Treating and have a Halloween party than go to Homecoming tbh.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Halloween. My favorite holiday!

Every year, I go overboard on the Halloween decorating, and I love it! I do up the front yard to look like a haunted graveyard, it's really cool. I string fake cobwebs everywhere. Years ago, I remember I used to believe in the Great Pumpkin...

My parents think I'm too old to trick-or-treat, unfortunately. So I stay home and hand out candy. It's not too bad. My parents tell me to only give one or two pieces of candy to each trick or treater, but we always buy too much, so I give each of them a huge handful. I also sneak a large amount of candy for myself. And we STILL have quite a bit left over afterwards.

As far as costumes go, I'm undecided between vampire or pirate.

I've been trick or treating twice when i was younger i didn't get much because the people who lived near me were mean :( haha. My favourite thing to dress as is a vampire since i love them. This year my friends want us all to go to college in costumes... i don't really want to do it but might take fangs so i've atleast made an effort. I do think at some point you get too old for trick or treating but your never too old to have a party and watch scary movies.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Do any of your guy's schools have a halloween dance? I'm already planning for it and am kinda excited :p

We have a homcoming dance the Saturday before Halloween, but I'm not going. Our dances suck -_-. But I think we're having another church dance that's Halloween-themed, so I might go there and dress up.

I don't think I'm going Trick-or-Treating this year (for the third time). I might just convince my parents to take the little kids out, and leave the bowl of candy at home, so I can pass out candy. (We have this tradition where my dad carries around a large bowl of candy or whatever like fruit snacks and say "Trick or Treat, we're not home" to every new person/group we run into.) I did that last year, and I sat outside dressed up as a crazy cat lady and petting this fake, realistic-looking cat I have and forcing people to pet it before they get candy. (I spoke in rhyme and kept saying my cat needed its meds xD. Afterwards, I would say I stole their souls as donation, lol.)

This year, if I do end up passing out candy, I want to dress up as either Zim or GIR and basically scream out "THE CANDY ZOMBIES" everytime the doorbell rings or something. That is, if I can FIND a costume by then...

Thing is, though, we're seeing Phantom of the Opera on Halloween at like, two-ish in the afternoon, but I dunno.

I myself belive im too old. I go to my grandma's house to pass out candy(because my hometown is too small for Trick-or-Treating,or they just dont do it for some reason)and it's not bad.

Miaquamarine

Well I'm in 8th grade, and I've been thinking about not trick-or-treating after this year, but you know what? There is free candy involved, so I don't even really care.. XD
A group of my friends and I are going to all be different characters from Alice in Wonderland this year. I'm either gonna be a sexy Mad-Hatter, or Hikaru and Kaoru's style from Ouran High School Host Club of the Cheshire Cat. :D

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I also love Halloween, but it's starting to die down around my neighbourhood. Nobody even cares about decorating their house scary (my favourite part). I might stop going out this year and just pass out candy. But if I do, I want to be an Akatsuki.

Mageziya

Haven't done it last two years for various reasons, but plan to this year. Also, my sister (A senior) and her friends were planning to be Billy Mays and his crew this year, but then he went and died, so they decided to do something else(It would be considered making fun of billy Mays since died if they were to keep the plan.). Life can be a cruel to you or people you know sometimes.

Cobalt_Latios

I also love Halloween, but it's starting to die down around my neighbourhood. Nobody even cares about decorating their house scary (my favourite part). I might stop going out this year and just pass out candy. But if I do, I want to be an Akatsuki.
The interesting thought would be: which one would you be?

Aaaandd: last year's costume < that costume was made entirely by me.

<C_L>

I'm too good to celebrate Halloween. :p

But seriously, I don't celebrate it because I have no reason to anymore: too old to trick-or-treat, too educated to party.

But I'll probably do some kind of horror game marathon or something, so I guess that could count.

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
By nerdy vampire I hope you mean edward cullen from twilight
No, because, I have some, OBJECTIONs (Phoenix Wright reference):
1. He is not nerdy, my proof, well, exhibit A: he is a stereotypical vampire seen in fiction, over protective, misunderstood, almost always there to save the girl, 'good looking', 'perfect', etc. Exhibit B: Nerdy=unpopular, in general disliked by girls, people find them annoying, as, Edward Cullen= Extremely popular (In regards to things viewed popular by the public), has tons upon tons of fangirls (LITERALLY, if you weighed every edward cullen fangirl, and added the weights together, the weight, is likely to be a few tons), people find him cool, and not annoying.

Technically that is multiple objections in one.....

Anyways, I mean more of, an unpopular, non cliche/stereotypical, vampire.

I guess I'm lucky, as, I have a canine tooth, that grew in wrong, to where it was growing in, behind the baby tooth, and they had to remove the baby one. Apparently it's rotated wrong, and feels pretty sharp to the touch, and, if I move my jaws right, it looks like a fang is sticking out.

Then again, I might choose not to go vampire, maybe something different, like, a werewolf, or maybe even something uncommon/rare to see.

you serious? i got to see that. which episode and what year was it from?
The halloween special, the only halloween special.
It's one of the more recent episodes (Regarding style of how smooth looking the animation was, and in general of how recent it was, as in, when it was released in the time frame that the entire series had new episodes).
They should be playing it some time in the future (NEAR FUTURE)

I WISH!
Apparently, we cannot have one, since (This is the usual excuse you see at schools!), not everyone celebrates it, and many still find it evil. Also, some find it offensive, in a religious way, so, we cannot have it.

Funny, we can't have anything offending that's religious, but, we still have, the whole 'under god' thing, which, I find offensive, as I'm agnostic, and, I've met friends who go to the school, and are pagan.

Then again, I guess I could submit the idea!

Noheart

The Abysswalker
This might be my last year (trick or treating), but me and my friends are planning to scare the crap out of kids who are out in my neighborhood skipping along with their candy bags.

I'm gonna get a Jason mask and unblade my dad's chainsaw, then have some fun...

Last edited:

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
This might be my last year (trick or treating), but me and my friends are planning to scare the crap out of kids who are out in my neighborhood skipping along with their candy bags.

I'm gonna get a Jason mask and unblade my dad's chainsaw, then have some fun...

Thank god (IRONY, I'm agnostic!), that you don't live near me.
Because, my neighborhood (At the moment, I believe), is not allowed to have more than one mentally warped, crazy, annoying, and strange person at a time.
Also, my neighborhood is currently at quota(Or something!) for the jerk/immature people population, we can't go over the limit, because, that would be horrible!
(The above, ^, is mostly a joke)

Though seriously, not all of those kids are going to be scared, some of them might be smart enough to realize, that, you're male, and a kick in a certain spot, renders you, immobile, for a short period of time.....
Not to mention that, some of the kids could be permanently scared for the rest of their lives, depending on the age.

Just remember, it's all fun and games until someone takes it too far, and steals some kid's candy.
OR,
some idiot loses an eye, or some other body part, because their joke went wrong.
OR,
Some kid ends up calling the police, and reporting you.

EDIT: Oh, and we all know how parents love taking time from their busy schedules, or just having to use up time, by doing paper work, or something similar.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
If someone loses an eye or you get candy from a kid, that just adds to the fun. It's also a good lesson to people that life isn't fair.

mangaeyes

Well in the UK we're not as big on it as, say, America. Schools certainly don't celebrate it because they don't want to upset other cultures but we do get quite a few trick-or-treaters.

I'm 15 and the last timeI went trick-or-treating was when I was...11 or 12? I think me and my mum might take my little sister this year.

Also how many sweets do you give each child that comes to the door? Last time I gave them massive handfuls each and my older brother was giving them one each >_> Mostly so that he could eat more lol.

Hi guys, ^_^ I'm throwing a halloween party (again) this year, since... I don't trick-or-treat =/

I'm going as a witch this year. I want my costume to rock XD

Plus, I've got heaps of decorations for my house XD

lso how many sweets do you give each child that comes to the door? Last time I gave them massive handfuls each and my older brother was giving them one each >_> Mostly so that he could eat more lol.
Hmmm I dunno, I always give them too much and run out too soon XD

FallenForce

Well I live in Australia but people are starting to catch onto Halloween, as much as the older residents protest of it.

We think of it as an American custom, therefore should stay in America but it is as I said catching on.

I go out of Halloween with friends only to run around and cause havoc. xD

I'm 14 btw, went out last year and planning on going again this year.

I might of 'accidentally' hit a car with an egg last year.