1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Halo 2 Vista

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Trinx, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Trinx

Trinx The T

Since it'll be coming out in a few months (Spring, to be specific), I've decided to start a discussion topic. As many know, it will also have a map-maker, which, in my opinion, will be a step in the right direction, as the user-created content feature will actually be included in the main game. Halo Custom Edition was kind of a failure for me because, while having that feature, lacked players to play that content. I've already pre-ordered it off Newegg, and have upgraded to Vista, so I'm ready for it. I'm also hoping some great maps will come out for it.

Thoughts?

(Pardon me if a topic like this exists, I didn't find any through search)

2. Trinx

Trinx The T

Personally, I believe that the Map Maker will be the overall success for sales (of course along with the mouse and keyboard element). The release of the Halo Editing Kit for Custom Edition by Gearbox was a good step to take, but it would have been better if it was integrated as a patch for Halo PC (like I said, because of the amount of players on Custom Edition issue). I know ALOT of people hate/dislike Halo 2 because of it being rushed and the imbalance of weapons. The Vista version should do it atleast a little justice, considering it's getting rid (I believe) of magnetism and the large hitboxes that are present on the Xbox version. I doubt it's going to have any trouble in sales, as I believe hearing they are increasing support for Xbox 360 controllers for use on the game. There is also the factor of the current Halo PC players (such as myself) moving on to it, for klanwars/TWL and such.

Edit: And yes I know I have an obsession for parenthesis.

3. Trinx

Trinx The T

There are some points why they should get Halo 2 Vista.
    1. No bloody matchmaker, but instead, a server list like Halo PC.
    2. Unlimited user-created content and custom maps with the Halo 2 HEK.
    3. No magnetism or large hitboxes.
    Number 3 for me wouldn't be enough to persuade me to get it if I was one of those Halo 2 owning people, but #1 and #2 definitely would.
    But, you are right that it isn't an excuse alone to switch to Vista this early. Still, many are going to do so anyways, regardless, :\.

4. Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Haunter Hunter Sohrab Johto Champion

I've been waiting for this for a while. I hope they add a friend list or something.