• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Halo 3 or Call of Duty 4/5

which game is superior?

• Halo 3

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • COD 4/5

Votes: 19 57.6%

• Total voters
There have been a lot of arguments over which game series, Halo or Call of Duty, is better. Please feel free to input your own opinions while keeping in mind the facts listed below.

Halo
Pros:
Takes Skill: One of the arguments that Halo players everywhere use is that Halo takes actual skill to play. This is true and false depending on the situation. While some weapons in halo such as snipers, carbines, battle rifles, etc take actual skill to use, others such as shotguns, assault rifles, maulers, etc. are just point shoot and kill. While most experienced players use the BR(battle rifle) many inexperienced players fall back on the AR (Assault Rifle). So in conclusion, Halo's skill level depends on many factors including rank, skill level, win/loss ratio, etc.

Cons:

Not Very Realistic This argument isn't really the most valid because reality is relative to time period. Seeing as Halo takes place 500 odd years in the future, our technology may very well have developed to a point where the scenarios depicted in Halo are possible. On the other hand, some parts of it are mpretty unrealistic like slipspace, lightspeed, etc. because they break fundamental laws of physics.

Call Of Duty:

Pros:

More Realistic? While Call of Duty does take place in the present or past (depending on what game you play) it stays fairly true to the actual story lines of the wars in campaign mode, can you really call it realistic? It seems to me that several of the "powers(?)" such as "juggernaut" "Iron Lung" etc. are pretty unrealistic. Furthermore, the last stand aspect of it is completely ridiculous. It is however, realistic in a sense that your health is very much the same that it would be in real life and the speed, jumping, etc. are very human.

Cons:

Takes Less Skill? Saying that Halo takes more skill than COD is like comparing apples and oranges. They are completely different games. However, Halo's added health does require you to be more accurate and tactical. In COD, it is basically the first person who sees another person that gets the kill because health is so low. You need equal skill while sniping, but if you have a rapid fire weapon you need just point and shoot to get the kill.

Conclusion

I have tried to be fair in my criticism and praise of each of the two games, but being a Halo player at heart it was hard. Please discus the games and tell me which you think is better and why. Dont just make pointless, stupid posts like:

Halo=cool
Cod=trash

These posts will be deleted and posters will be reported.

Thnx and i hope this turns into a good discussion!

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
im for halo anyday, unless gears is brought into the picture, but i feel your "criticism" of the two is a bit inaccurate. but its your opinion not mine.
halo's NOT supposed be 100% realistic because its not "hard-sci-fi", its just sci fi. plus halo doesnt take as much skill as you suggested. with a sniper of spartan laser maybe, but its just "run jump n shoot".
while CoD is "run jump n shoot" also, you need to take ALOT more cover.
tahts my opinion, bash me all you want its just gonna go in my right ear and pop out (with the popping sound effect) the left.

Last edited:

S.Bustathedog

What's this for? ^
I don't think people should bother with these kinda problems the games wheren't made for people to argue about which one is better.

Plus, this is going to start turning into a n00b thred about nothing to do with the actual games but "hAlO RuLeS MaN yOu SuCk iF U LiKe CoD!!!11!!!1...... so im think this should be closed. UNLESS people can give good reasons as to the opion.

I have no personal opion as I don't have either off them well I do I have Halo 3 but it doesn't work, and im planning to get Modern warfare 2 (I like how the got rid off the call off Duty from the beinging off the title just incase they screw it up) so when I have my working copy off Halo 3 and Modern Warefare 2 I will come back to this thread and share my thoughs and see if it has turned into a n00b feast.

BYE :D:p

pokekid1

The First Pokékid
I say call of duty 4 over halo 3. I do not have much experience playing call of duty 5 or halo 3 compared to my playing time on call of duty 4 but I can safely say that I choose call of duty 4 over halo3/call of duty world at war anyday.
One thing I would like to ask, though, is this, "Is it not a little unfair to compare Halo 3 to Call of Duty 4 AND Call of Duty 5 and make users choose one choice (Halo 3) over another choice that represents two games (COD4 & COD5)?"

first of all, the only one who gave a valid reason for liking/disliking Halo 3 over Cod4/5 was the 1st poster. No offense, but i really dont care what you think if you "Have never played Halo 3 or Call of Duty" or "You've only played one" I really dont mean this as an insult but its kind of common sense to play a game before you try and talk about it right? To the 1st poster(I forget ur name srry :() I agree with most of your statement, but Halo 3 is conceivably realistic to a certain extent because many of the themes like "Spartan supersoldiers" and "Colonies on other planets" arent really that far out of our reach. Keep in mind that for every 5 years our scientific knowledge doubles so think about 550 years. Keep in mind what i said in my first post: Please only post if you have a valid statement/retort/argument/issue with my pros and cons.

Thanks and hopefully this will develop into a good thread. O Btw if any1 is interested my gamertag is BlackwateR9856. im a private r something @ Halo but my other account is a Brigadier so send me a friend request if you guys want some1 to play with.

Edit:
By the way S. Bustathedog: Ur mom thinks that Halo rocks and Cod sucks lololololol. :) ;) just kidding!

Chris

Old Coot
Halo requires skills?

Dohoho!

CoD destroys Halo five times over. There are far better FPS' out there that out do Halo. Halo's overrated simply for the fact that most people who love it never touched a FPS before it.

Sorry 4 the double post but ill 4get all of ur names unless i can see them.

Pokekid1: It isn't unfair to compare them because the CoD games are very much alike in how they play.

Darth Feraligater: Halo takes more thatn "run jump and shoot" because of the added shield element. If you are getting battle rifled in the head then u need to run for cover. I agree with your statement about call of duty about how cover comes into effect more, but many times you can shoot right through cover with the deep impact ability, right. And in Halo jumping adds another element because you can escape by tactical jumping or get to a sniper spot by jumping. I dont agree when u say that snipers take no skill because if your opponent is strafing then its pretty hard to predict their movements. Ur right about splazer though.

Grumpy old man: Cod 5 is easily modded i have friends who can fly and go under maps and make themselves invincible. therefore halo takes more skill since it cant be moded to the same effect under normal circumstances. see Icanflywoot, Mike gao, xxncisxx. all modders who can fly and break through buildings, go under maps, etc. during ranked matchmaking on CoD. Halo also takes more skill because you have to combine strafing with jumping and shooting accurately at your opponent's body and head

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
Grumpy old man: Cod 5 is easily modded i have friends who can fly and go under maps and make themselves invincible. therefore halo takes more skill since it cant be moded to the same effect under normal circumstances. see Icanflywoot, Mike gao, xxncisxx. all modders who can fly and break through buildings, go under maps, etc. during ranked matchmaking on CoD. Halo also takes more skill because you have to combine strafing with jumping and shooting accurately at your opponent's body and head
Your logic is absolutely retarded. You compared a PC version to a 360 game.

So what you're saying here is that your friends cheat? Hence taking less skill regardless of the game, and rendering any "argument" you put forward completely negligible?

I voted cod, simply because it just feels better to play than Halo ever has, even though I'm better at Halo than cod. Cod does take more skill than Halo, and it's much more realistic. And Nazi Zombies is too fun to turn down.

CRAZY WACKO DUDE

It's an argumant over not much, to be honest. Having played both, you can't physically compare them to that level. As I'm guessing you wan't me to do so, then so be it.

Halo 3

Pros - Good style of multiplayer, very active community, most maps play fairly well, and the ones that don't are all custom edts.

Cons - Single player, whilst it did make it's predecessor, Halo 2, make some form of sense, wasn't as good a storyline as the orginal Halo, and it seemed to be, at points, just an excuse to blow stuff up, with no particular substance. Having said that, IWHBYD does make the game pretty funny at times.

COD4

Pros - In terms of realism, COD4 is like Ronseal, in that it does EXACTLY what is says on the tin. It's a great game, with enough challenges to be the best out there, and I'm eagerly awaiting MW2 for the campaign. The multiplayer is also pretty solid.

Cons -However, having said thatthe WOW factor just isn't there in multiplyer. Even on the PC, The multiplayer just didn't get my angle of thinking. The maps that are fielded aren't as expansive as they could be, and sometimes servers are either empty, or brim full, so you have too many people for the map size.

Conclusions

They both have their merits, and neither are fundamentally bad games, as they've taken thir design approach from different angles to achieve different goals.

Cod 4 has epic singleplayer and a solid multiplayer, but Halo 3 has a solid single player and an epic multiplayer. It's like taking two types of cheese, and which one is better. ALL cheese is good!! :)

Last edited:
ok first of all lucazrd, slick and wakstar must be illiterate because i specifically said on multiple occasions not to just post your opinion without backing it up.

otaku-dono- yes many of my friends are modders/hackers and since modding.hacking does take some measure of skill CoD still takes less skill. This is provenevident by the fact that a nOob can prestige many times by just using assault weapons with higher reates of fire and camping in dark corners in prone. While Halo players can camp with shotguns in corners, many times this strategy is ineffective if the other team has a defensive strategy. Once again you have broken the dont maker random posts rule by saying that CoD takes skill and then just leaving it at that. Please back up your opinion with examples. The closest you got was "nazi zombies are too fun to turn down" which has no relevance.

grumpy old man: you must have not read the no flaming rule. please keep this clean by not calling me pointless, childish names. Furthermore, i was not comparing a PC game to a 360 game. My friends can hack CoD for the 360 and, to be fair, it is possible to hack halo 3 but Bungie is much more strict and your account is taken and destroyed. The only mmodding on halo three is basically map modding and host mods and lag mods. People who use these are usually caught by bungie and punished. Therefore, my logic is not "retarded" as you claimed earlier.

Crazy wacko dude: Thank you for finally putting down a valid post. I agree with most of it, but Halo's singleplayer is much harder than CoDs. Halo's mythic campaign level is the hardest difficulty setting (redundant?) level on any game and since only 2 people in the world have beaeten halo on mythic, i would say that it is vastly harder than any CoD campaign difficulty setting.

I also have another complaint about H3: I dont know about CoD, but the lag in Halo 3 can be the most annoying thing. All because people are on their ghetto connections, dial up, or stealing wifi from their neighbors. I have not played CoD enough, only prestiged a couple of times, to really know if lag is even a problem. will some, more experienced, CoD player tell me if they experience the same annoying lag factor that i do plz.

Thnx

Last edited:
otaku-dono- yes many of my friends are modders/hackers and since modding.hacking does take some measure of skill CoD still takes less skill. This is provenevident by the fact that a nOob can prestige many times by just using assault weapons with higher reates of fire and camping in dark corners in prone. While Halo players can camp with shotguns in corners, many times this strategy is ineffective if the other team has a defensive strategy. Once again you have broken the dont maker random posts rule by saying that CoD takes skill and then just leaving it at that. Please back up your opinion with examples. The closest you got was "nazi zombies are too fun to turn down" which has no relevance.
I find your logic highly illogical. The fact that one even hacks in the first place is taking any skill required out of the game due to the fact they're cheating. Secondly, camping is a cheap strategy in any FPS, and can be easily manipulated to benefit the better player, regardless of weapon or anything like that. There are things called grenades, sniper rifles, RPGs... Even knifing can work.

I'll just leave it at this: when you actually play the game properly (ie the way it was intended to be played, without hacking or cheats or being a cheap noob), cod takes more skill due to the fact you can't stop moving or you die. Simple. In Halo you can run away, regenerate shields, then run back in on full health.

i agree with your statement that in CoD you have to keep moving, but halo takes more skill because you have to have better handeye coordination to strafe, jump, aim and shoot accurately with a br(i chose this weapon because it is the weapon that, along with the sniper, takes most skill to use). Also, would you agree that camping plays a large role in CoD? I mean snipers camp, nOobs camp, and grenade hoes camp with their grenades ready and martyrdom ability in full affect. In Halo you have to have a good br or you might as well quit. If you cant get a guaranteed 4-5 shot in halo then you're screwed. while in CoD all you need is to hit the other guy first an he's pretty much dead.

You need to strafe, aim and shoot in cod too you know. :| Noobs are irrelevant because of the fact they're noobs, snipers camp in every single FPS out there since that's the whole point of a sniper.

And I have no idea what you mean by br I'm afraid.

br- battle rifle- a weapon in halo that people who are good use ftw. It kills in four shots if executed perfectly by shooting the opponent 3 times in the body followed by once in the head, or 4 times in the head. you can ignore the grenade campers in cod that live to run up to you and die just so they can get the martyrdom kill or throw random, cross map grenades that somehow hit you in the face and kill you. And people who camp with the "noob tube" rpg just randomly shoot at places hoping to kill you

Ah, Battle Rifle, of course. Easily the best weapon in the game, yes, but doesn't take that much skill to use to be honest. They're actually quite a broken weapon in Halo.

1st off, they take extreme skill to use if youre a 45-50 or a 30+ in mlg. and they arent broken because if youre good with them then you win against hoes that use gayassault rifles.
How many times have you prestiged in CoD?
What is your Halo 3 Rank?
I have prestiged 5 times and my halo 3 rank is force colonel(technically i could be a brigadiere but i like the name and emblem of the force colonel title) On my other account im a seargeant at halo and have lost only 1/10 of my games.