• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Halo 3 or Call of Duty 4/5

which game is superior?

• Halo 3

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • COD 4/5

Votes: 19 57.6%

• Total voters

CRAZY WACKO DUDE

No offence but Halo.. lightsabres and laser gun, not really me thing.

*chuckles*

Am I missing some kind of easter egg here, or is there really a bunch of jedi in the game? :D Just messing.

As for the comparison, I admit, that COD 4 is a good median game. It still doesn't mean that I don't prefer other games. For instance, I'm primarily a Nexuiz 2.4.2 gamer.

IMO, games are like diffeent pieces of cheese. Theyre all good, but they are all different.

CharizardMaster

Belgian Waffles!!!
I had more fun playing Cod4 than Halo but both are still fun games.

Viva la Vida

Shibuya player
LOL. Just LOL.

And any way, why are we comparing these games? They are two different types of shooters. You can't play one like the other. I have played both, but I think its hard to really compare them. Its like trying to compare Mozart and Slash

Gibbers

I suppose if had to pick it would be Call of Duty 4.

Of course, at the end of the day even Call of Duty 4 is about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Agustus

CoD. The multiplayer "level up" system in CoD makes the game both fun and rewarding, especially after you've unlocked the weapon you mastered in campaign mode. Halo's multiplayer isn't very rewarding, but it's much easier to get right into the game. Also, with Halo you can play online when your friends are over, which makes it a lot more appealing when you have company.

Killer Grunt

Personally i prefer halo. The main reason is im not a fan of realistic war games and im more of a casual gamer anyway so all the crazy custom games you can play in halo appeal to me more as well as the double exp playlists. Yet another reason i prefer halo is because pretty much all of my friends play it. I did try call of duty but didnt have much fun. the only thing that annoys me about halo is all the immature players you get but i guess no game is safe from them.

Blk Charizard

♥ ☻ ♥ ☻ ♥ ☻ ♥
Well, considering I just got an X-box 360, I'm liking Halo 3 more and more, I'm not into the war-type of shooter games, funny thing is, I don't like Sci-fi..(Star Wars..etc.)..but this game keeps me entertained. I like the graphics, Halo 3 is better imo. :)

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!
I've been a longtime Halo fan, and I just recently got into COD. I enjoy both series very much. I think Halo takes a bit more skill since you usually have to aim for the head, and you actually get into tactical battles with people. That being said, Halo matches can often become very silly.

Most people seem to like COD 4 better than World at War, but I don't quite like it as much. The only weapons you really have to use in COD 4 are assault rifles and sniper riles. The LMGs have terrible recoil and an even worse reload time. submachine guns are ok, but you really only need them for close-quarters. Shotguns are downright useless in this game. Sniping takes almost no skill since most of the sniper rifles are semi-automatic, so you can shoot and shoot again without unscoping until you get the kill. Also, a lot of the multiplayer maps seem uncreative. The desert maps all look about the same, really. :/

I believe Call of Duty World at War is better than COD 4 for a variety of reasons. The weapons all seem more balanced to me. Even the starting weapons on multiplayer can have their advantages. Most of the weapons have their strengths and weaknesses varied enough to where you can pick and choose without feeling bound to the same guns everyone else uses (shotguns are actually worth using). The one exception to this would be the MP40, which is generally the n00b weapon. Submachine guns seem dominant in this game, but that's because sniping is all bolt-action, and requires you to make the one-shot-one-kill. Using bolt action rifles without a sniper scope can also be fun. I like the weapon customization and perks in World at War better than 4 as well. The multiplayer maps are also a lot more fun and varied than COD 4's, in my opinion. I also like the WWII theme more than modern warfare, I guess as a history buff. lol

I can't really pick between Halo and COD, but I can say that I like Call of Duty World at War more than I like Call of Duty 4. I am excited about Modern Warfare II, though. :)