• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Halo 4

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Did anyone else like the look of Chief's visor/scan thing at the end of the trailer? That could be very interesting if it works like that during actual gameplay.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Did anyone else like the look of Chief's visor/scan thing at the end of the trailer? That could be very interesting if it works like that during actual gameplay.

That's the Forerunner vision talked about before right? I believe it's been confirmed for multiplayer as well.

Oh my God I just noticed how much it looks like the X-Ray Visor from Metroid Prime 3! I really want to play through those games again now.

EDIT: Halo 4 website updated with weapons, enemy, and character bios/images.

Last edited:
That's the Forerunner vision talked about before right? I believe it's been confirmed for multiplayer as well.

Oh my God I just noticed how much it looks like the X-Ray Visor from Metroid Prime 3! I really want to play through those games again now.

Yeah, the forerunner vision was really cool like the ODST VISR. What caught my eye though was at the multi-player demonstration a player was using an energy shield like the one that was projected by the Watcher to protect the Knight. I think it will replace armor lock for armor abilities. It seems the player can move while the shield is active as it only covers the front. I can only think of the sword and shield games Halo 4 will have.

"In the wake of the SPARTAN-III project’s success, the Office of Naval Intelligence secretly commissioned the activation of yet another project under the direction of CINCONI Admiral Margaret Parangosky: the SPARTAN-IV project. While these assets are now allocated to the UNSC military branch simply dubbed “Spartan,” these super-soldiers were handpicked from the field as military veterans who were capable of physical augmentation in order to wear Mjolnir armor, and had also met the litany of prerequisites required to receive title of Spartan."

This quote here from the Halo 4 official websites seems to say Spartans now form their own branch of the military.

http://download.halowaypoint.com/co...a198041a882a38d6e93736cfa/2820771-gallery.png

In this picture you see the Master Chief with a Marine and 2 other soldiers in power armor. They seem to have an ODST style of helmet that looks pretty cool.

http://download.halowaypoint.com/co...45e364b0db382d800c035d7ac/2820770-gallery.png

This BAMF is I assume a newer version of the Elephant from Halo 3/ Halo Wars and I hope this behemoth sees some action in campaign. Also I hate the Warthog suspension it doesn't look the way it should.

Last edited:

Night_Walker

Halo 4 demo totally blew me away.

Game looks positively gorgeous, as usual, and I really liked the HUD.

I must admit now I really, really, REALLY want to know what's going on with the Covvies - since we saw an Elite charge John 117; I thought the Elites were purged by the Brutes on the Loyalist side...

The AI enemies look absolutely fantastic, not to mention given how quickly they depleted John's armour even the low level ones seem very powerful (depending on the difficulty we saw the demo played at of course) much less the tougher more bipedal ones.
Kinda hoping they're just an AI race that the Fore-Runners left behind rather than instruments of returning evil Fore-Runners, guess we'll see.

Totally loved the look of the new weapons - I mean what's not to love about guns that form themselves up that way when you pick them up?

Spartan Vision and Sprint looked good without calling too much attention to themselves, so that's very good I think - especially how the vision mode definitely messes with your sense of placement relative to your enemies so people won't just stay in it like there is the temptation to do in the Arkham series where.

Looking forward to the overall story, especially how the new AI enemies could interlink with Cortana's story - so who knows maybe we'll get a really cool story to go with the kickass action :)

Also really hoping we saw other Spartans not ODSTs in the trailer.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I must admit now I really, really, REALLY want to know what's going on with the Covvies - since we saw an Elite charge John 117; I thought the Elites were purged by the Brutes on the Loyalist side...
Spartan Vision and Sprint looked good without calling too much attention to themselves, so that's very good I think - especially how the vision mode definitely messes with your sense of placement relative to your enemies so people won't just stay in it like there is the temptation to do in the Arkham series where.

I hadn't thought about these two things until you mentioned them. The Covenant thing really is a mystery and now I'm confused about Halo 4's "armor abilities". I know that Sprint will be the default but in the demo Chief had Sprint AND Forerunner Vision. So will Sprint be added on top of every armor ability now?

I hadn't thought about these two things until you mentioned them. The Covenant thing really is a mystery and now I'm confused about Halo 4's "armor abilities". I know that Sprint will be the default but in the demo Chief had Sprint AND Forerunner Vision. So will Sprint be added on top of every armor ability now?

Sprint + Armor ability has been announce for a while Frank O'Connor confirmed it a while back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbZ3FlcNGpU

This video shows off a lot.

Night_Walker

I must admit how the Covenant would be arranged and what role they'd play have been on my mind from since they were first shown as having a role in the game, given what happened to the Covenant during the original trilogy.

Umm, unless I'm mistaken they said Sprint would be a standard ability for a Spartan from now on some time ago - I remember rejoicing about that, since in universe I simply could not understand why a super soldier wouldn't be able to run. I think Sprint is either a constant ability or yeah stacked on other armour abilities. Not sure though if Forerunner Vision is an armour ability.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
http://halo.xbox.com/halo4#!halo-evolved/gameplay/31afe32b-0e07-45c0-9424-3adc6e1eadca

Four armor abilities

1. Thruster Pack: Gives forward thrust instead of upward thrust like the jetpack so you travel what ever direction you're facing.
2. Hardlight Shield: Forward facing energy shield can move while using.
3. Promethean Vision: Similar to ODST VISR or heat vision.
4. Hologram: Seems to be relatively the same.

Two Tactical Packages

1. Shield: Sheilds recharge faster.
2. Fire Power: 2 Primary Weapons in loadout.

Three Support upgrades

1. Ammo upgrade: Carry more ammo.
2. Sensor Upgrade: Increase range and sensitivity of motion detector.
3. Awareness Upgrade: Adds motion detector to HUD when using scope.

I'm guessing that there will be more released Armor Abilities, Tactical Packages, and Support Upgrades revealed later, but I like the wide range of options players get.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Last edited: