• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Halo 4

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
That's what I thought. Maybe they could do something such as making the service tags that appear over players' heads a different color, even though it is not as distinguishable.
In my opinion it would be more enjoyable if you could play as whichever color you wanted.

You can use your own colour in free-for-all gametypes already.

Night_Walker

Hopefully the new writers will do a good job because Bungie has set the bar very high. The campaign has always been the best part of the Halo series for me.
As I've continued to say I'm sure they will, since the Single Player campaign has always been the biggest focus and best part of Halo, even though they have excellent multi-player.

The Red vs Blue in Reach got boring for me after a while. In Halo 4 I would like for the player to remain his own custom colors, and it would also be cool if you could play as elites in every game mode online.
Red vs Blue keeps it simple for team matches, since you need a simple way to keep track given how hectic action can get, it's good that Reach at least keeps your personalised armour configuration. Not sure we'll be seeing Elites or any of the other species from the other games in this one.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Red vs Blue keeps it simple for team matches, since you need a simple way to keep track given how hectic action can get

I play Call of Duty a lot, and the action gets a lot more hectic than Halo and it is way harder to tell players apart, but I can still differentiate friend from foe.

Not sure we'll be seeing Elites or any of the other species from the other games in this one.

Depends on the plot/campaign, I guess.

Night_Walker

I play Call of Duty a lot, and the action gets a lot more hectic than Halo and it is way harder to tell players apart, but I can still differentiate friend from foe.
I'm sorry but how can it be harder to tell friend from foe when your team mates are all one colour and all your foes are the opposite one?
Besides they're coming up with a Blue VS Red plotline so there's no way we're gonna have team matches where team members will be different colours.

Depends on the plot/campaign, I guess.
Well while they haven't been ruled out I think it's highly unlikely any of the races who were part of the Covenant will be present.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
I'm sorry but how can it be harder to tell friend from foe when your team mates are all one colour and all your foes are the opposite one?

I don't think you understand what I am saying. In COD, friend and foe look almost the same, yet I can still tell the enemy apart because they have red name tags. Your entire team being one color and the enemy being another color in the Halo games is unnecessary.

Besides they're coming up with a Blue VS Red plotline

At least a storyline will make it less boring.

Night_Walker

I don't think you understand what I am saying. In COD, friend and foe look almost the same, yet I can still tell the enemy apart because they have red name tags. Your entire team being one color and the enemy being another color in the Halo games is unnecessary.
Okay partial misunderstanding but I'm sure there are people who have hassles with friend or foe in CoD. Besides it's a stylistic choice on the part of the Halo designers I'm sure.

"Slimy? Mudhole? My home this is!"

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Okay partial misunderstanding but I'm sure there are people who have hassles with friend or foe in CoD. Besides it's a stylistic choice on the part of the Halo designers I'm sure.

This. I still enjoy the Red vs Blue and don't want to see it change nor do I think it needs changing.

Night_Walker

This. I still enjoy the Red vs Blue and don't want to see it change nor do I think it needs changing.
Ditto that. In that their team versus modes have a very distinct kind of look compared to many other franchises who use the coloured tags over player heads (aside from enemy stealth class players) and really come on we don't really want ALL games to use the same sort of multi-player set ups... do we?

Moneyy

INACTIVE
and really come on we don't really want ALL games to use the same sort of multi-player set ups... do we?

I guess it is just personal preference, then. I would prefer to be creative and use my own color as opposed to being the same color as everyone else on my team, but I guess some people don't like that for some reason.

Night_Walker

I guess it is just personal preference, then. I would prefer to be creative and use my own color as opposed to being the same color as everyone else on my team, but I guess some people don't like that for some reason.
Well I don't personally think you're not being creative just because the mode makes all players one colour or the other, after all you still keep your customised armour.

For me it's not a case of not liking the idea of individual player colours in Halo team based multi-player modes, it is just I think it is something Halo does that other FPS franchises don't and is a point of differentiation for it from the others. Not to mention if they're now going to add a storyline justification for it I'd like to see their effort.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Well I don't personally think you're not being creative just because the mode makes all players one colour or the other, after all you still keep your customised armour.

I would prefer to be my own custom colors, but like I said, I guess it is just personal preference.

For me it's not a case of not liking the idea of individual player colours in Halo team based multi-player modes, it is just I think it is something Halo does that other FPS franchises don't and is a point of differentiation for it from the others.

Halo would still be very different from other FPS games even if there was no red vs blue. There are other ways to be unique than just making everybody one color.

Not to mention if they're now going to add a storyline justification for it I'd like to see their effort

Same here. If they add a storyline it would make it a lot more interesting.

Hopefully the new writers will do a good job because Bungie has set the bar very high. The campaign has always been the best part of the Halo series for me.

The Red vs Blue in Reach got boring for me after a while. In Halo 4 I would like for the player to remain his own custom colors, and it would also be cool if you could play as elites in every game mode online.

In CoD players on the same team are using the same style so its easy to tell team from team. In Halo Spartans could look identical or extremely different the only thing making them distinctive. I can't think of any game that will let you do custom colors for team vs team every game is essential red vs blue or a swap out of some kind. It really is the best way to do it. As for the the red vs blue plotline I'm guessing insurrectionists got spartan technology and made their own.

Night_Walker

Halo would still be very different from other FPS games even if there was no red vs blue. There are other ways to be unique than just making everybody one color.
I have to say I agree with the following sentiment:

In CoD players on the same team are using the same style so its easy to tell team from team. In Halo Spartans could look identical or extremely different the only thing making them distinctive. I can't think of any game that will let you do custom colors for team vs team every game is essential red vs blue or a swap out of some kind. It really is the best way to do it.
There does have to be a way to tell the difference between teams at a glance rather than having to look for a tag over their head.

Same here. If they add a storyline it would make it a lot more interesting.
It'd be quite good to link the multi-player to the overall canon.

The Covenant have been confirmed to return in a post from a 343 Industries member.
Link please?

As for the the red vs blue plotline I'm guessing insurrectionists got spartan technology and made their own.
Seems plausible enough.

Last edited:

Moneyy

INACTIVE
The Covenant have been confirmed to return in a post from a 343 Industries member.

This is good news for me if it is confirmed. The Covenant is one of the best parts of Halo in my opinion.

In CoD players on the same team are using the same style so its easy to tell team from team.

Not really. Most of the teams in COD look alike and have minor differences, and the game is so fast paced that it is hard to spot those minor differences.

Haunter ゴースト

Oh cool. You got any links?

Link please?

This is good news for me if it is confirmed. The Covenant is one of the best parts of Halo in my opinion.

Yeah sure, this is what was said:

"Will there be any Covenant presence in Campaign or Multiplayer? Be it weaponry, equipment, architecture, etc. –Lloyd Jo en es"

"Yes. The Covenant will definitely return, albeit in a completely (graphically, politically and sonically) overhauled form, but they may be the least of your problems."

This is the source down in the Halo Bulletin, it's roughly halfway down.

http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/03/08/The-Halo-Bulletin-30712.aspx

Yeah sure, this is what was said:

This is the source down in the Halo Bulletin, it's roughly halfway down.

http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/03/08/The-Halo-Bulletin-30712.aspx

"Yes. The Covenant will definitely return, albeit in a completely (graphically, politically and sonically) overhauled form, but they may be the least of your problems."

Interesting, I think they're most likely just scattered forces left behind like the Chief at the end of Halo 3. Probably enemies early in the game until main baddies are discovered through story. Could possibly have some Sangheili allies.

"The Cyclops 2 seen in the center of War House will not be playable. But we will have some vehicle surprises, at least one of which will dwarf that weapon."

This really excites me. A vehicle that dwarfs the Cyclops my mind instantly jumps to quite a few other Halo Wars vehicles.

Last edited: