• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Halo 4

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Microsoft announced it in their press conference this E3.

Discuss away!

I wonder if there will be any Covenant this time around.

TehLulzMastur

I doubt the Covenant will be involved. My guess is that you'll be fighting against the Precursors, for one reason or another. However, the Forerunner Trilogy hasn't actually finished yet, so who knows.

Edit: Okay, if that was the opening to a Shield World, it's possible for that to be either the Halo Wars Shield World, the Onyx Shield World, or some random new Shield World. My guess is the Onyx Shield World. If it is, and this is the story of how Halsey and the others were rescued, then this takes place some time between 2556 and 2589, 2556 being the year that Origins took place, and 2589 being the year that the epilogue of Reach took place.

Edit 2: Electric Boogaloo: "Set in the aftermath of Halo 3, Master Chief returns to confront his own destiny and face an ancient evil that threatens the fate of the entire universe, and a new trilogy begins." — Halo Waypoint. The Precursors were the only race that could travel across galaxies that have been revealed. Or, you could say, the only race that could travel across the universe.

Last edited:

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
It's very unlikely that it's the unnamed Shield World from Wars because it was destroyed by the artificial sun within it going supernova, and Onyx was also destroyed, physically anyways, by the two FENRIS nukes that Kurt deployed. The group that survived Onyx is trapped inside a micro-Dyson Sphere within "a slipspace bubble." If it is a Shield World, it's most likely unknown.

Last edited:

Yumekui

No-Life
Too bad it's coming next year since it looks awesome. But I'll have the remake of CE to keep me busy while waiting for a new Halo game.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I was pretty blown away by this announcement. There's not much to discuss other than the trailer and the few details given. I saw an interview with Frank O'Connor where he said that for the fans who saw the ending of Halo 3 they probably know where this will take place (or something along those lines). So it's going to be in a known location in the Halo universe. Probably.

Damn.
This might be enough to make me get an xBox.

It's not an iPod, you spell it Xbox.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Oh joy.

More money that'll never see the light of day again...

Vipsoccermaster

Uh-huh, another Halo. Another game just to milk in more money for Microsoft. Personally, I think they're gradually getting worse.

Surfing_Pikachu

I was pretty blown away by this announcement. There's not much to discuss other than the trailer and the few details given. I saw an interview with Frank O'Connor where he said that for the fans who saw the ending of Halo 3 they probably know where this will take place (or something along those lines). So it's going to be in a known location in the Halo universe. Probably.
A shield world, called it.

I think Armor Abilities could work fantastic if it has Halo 3-like gameplay. The problem about them in Reach, was that players were too slow and too weak (epic rhyme), so that most assaults were at the mercy of who had what ability. If their effect on gameplay was lowered in the same way that Equipment didn't effect gameplay too much in Halo 3, then they would be a blast. For example, if a player is good enough, they should be able to turn around a battle where there the opponent has the superior AA in the situation. In Reach, a skilled player was f*cked if the opponent had Armor Lock and the former had an Energy Sword. Keep crap like that in Mario Party. AAs should be the icing on the cake, not the cake.

Matt36

Clone my Balls!
Not an unexpected announcement, but a welcome one. Good to see Master Chief back!

I'm not the biggest Halo Fan, but I do enjoy it more than CoD etc. So I will be picking this up when its released.

Start of a new Trilogy they say? Be interesting to see a Halo game not done by Bungie too, even if its more or less the same team under a different name...

manaphy72

i think halo is a fun game especially when you battle other people

Matt36

Clone my Balls!
The multi-player is brilliant. Always has been.

Night_Walker

Very keen to get my hands on this latest incarnation of Xbox's first killer app.

I'm very impressed by the work that's gone into it just shown in the teaser vid , very clear that 343 has a lot of people who're very dedicated to Halo and want to capture the magic that's made it so successful while at the same time bringing their own slant on things.

I like that they're updating the look of John 117 and the Multi-Player Spartan IVs, especially in regards to how they move - not only making an effort to be true to life but also refine them a bit so they're more clearly super soldiers rather than guys in a really strong armour that allows them to take punishment but slows them down.

Very keen to get my hands on this latest incarnation of Xbox's first killer app.

I'm very impressed by the work that's gone into it just shown in the teaser vid , very clear that 343 has a lot of people who're very dedicated to Halo and want to capture the magic that's made it so successful while at the same time bringing their own slant on things.

I like that they're updating the look of John 117 and the Multi-Player Spartan IVs, especially in regards to how they move - not only making an effort to be true to life but also refine them a bit so they're more clearly super soldiers rather than guys in a really strong armour that allows them to take punishment but slows them down.

I agree, you never see any of the speed or agility that the Spartans are supposedly capable of. I also like that they're going to make multiplayer canon with story the story. I predict it's something along the lines of insurrectionists stealing technology to start their own spartan program.