• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Halo Discussion Thread

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Spartan Ops on Legendary is ridiculously easy compared to the campaign, cleared the first five episodes in about 40 minutes.

Mudkip8003

Spartan Ops on Legendary is ridiculously easy compared to the campaign, cleared the first five episodes in about 40 minutes.

Were you solo or with a group...?

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Playing through the game on Heroic with a mate to get mission based achievements, and to complete it co-op, and holy **** the drop down from Legendary to Heroic is massive, it's just so much easier. Though I can't really compare it to other Halos since I've only ever played Legendary, however I've heard a lot of people say Heroic is hard.

Mudkip8003

I've only played Heroic for Halo 3, which was pretty easy, and the first few from Reach. I have to say, there is a very large hardness increase between them.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior

I haven't played on Legendary yet but from Normal I also noticed that Spartan Ops is way more easy. Anyone found the RvB Easter Egg? Does that make RvB canon?

I felt Didact was fairly short-lived, that's probably my biggest disappointment. He looked like a cool threatening villain, especially with that Forerunner armor, but he was killed off way to quickly I think. I'm hoping in the next two games it turns out that he was only one of a bunch of Forerunners led by some SUPER ******* Forerunner or something. That might make it worth it. I get that they were trying to make the story sort of self-contained so that 4 AND 5 didn't end on cliffhangers but it ended up feeling really short and anticlimactic.

I'm not sure what to feel about Cortana's death right now. I'm kind of just waiting to see where they're going with this. I assume Chief's going to try to get her back somehow. If her death was just to kill that one poorly used villain I'll be disappointed.

Other than that I really enjoyed Halo 4's story. I'm just a bit wary on what they're going to do next.

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
I felt Didact was fairly short-lived, that's probably my biggest disappointment. He looked like a cool threatening villain, especially with that Forerunner armor, but he was killed off way to quickly I think. I'm hoping in the next two games it turns out that he was only one of a bunch of Forerunners led by some SUPER ******* Forerunner or something. That might make it worth it. I get that they were trying to make the story sort of self-contained so that 4 AND 5 didn't end on cliffhangers but it ended up feeling really short and anticlimactic.

I'm not sure what to feel about Cortana's death right now. I'm kind of just waiting to see where they're going with this. I assume Chief's going to try to get her back somehow. If her death was just to kill that one poorly used villain I'll be disappointed.

Other than that I really enjoyed Halo 4's story. I'm just a bit wary on what they're going to do next.

I highly doubt that the Didact is actually dead. He's too important of a character to just kill off in a few seconds. If anything, his final appearance is probably like what happened to Darth Vader. He was just pushed out of the way so as to complete the major adjective I.e. how Han shoots Vaders TIE Fighter to help Luke destroy the Death Star.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Anyone found the RvB Easter Egg? Does that make RvB canon?

Found one on the fifth chapter. Don't know about being canon though, did Hallsey's log about RvB in Reach make them canon?

I agree on the Didactic, I thought he could have made for a good antagonist over the next trilogy, but that obviously wasn't to be, unless of course he survived somehow, which I'm not completely writing off at this point.

Mudkip8003

Halo 4 is my favorite Halo game. It's so awesome, and I cannot wait until I finish the campaign and start Spartan Ops. And best of all, I'm really good in War Games. :3

Also, I'm pretty sure the first easter egg makes Caboose canon.

ImAnOKIE12

Sexy Cowboy
Stupid question, but what the hell is canon?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Do you guys think I should buy Halo 4?

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!

Definitely. The cinematics are so great that I almost believed that they were love action. Also, the game adds so much more to the ever powerful storyline of the beast known as the Halo Universe. Enjoy ;)

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I highly doubt that the Didact is actually dead. He's too important of a character to just kill off in a few seconds. If anything, his final appearance is probably like what happened to Darth Vader. He was just pushed out of the way so as to complete the major adjective I.e. how Han shoots Vaders TIE Fighter to help Luke destroy the Death Star.

Good point. [spoil]We never saw him in the act of dying, only falling. but for now I'm going to assume he's dead.[/spoil]

Don't know about being canon though, did Hallsey's log about RvB in Reach make them canon?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

Halo 4 is my favorite Halo game. It's so awesome, and I cannot wait until I finish the campaign and start Spartan Ops.

I wouldn't say it's my favourite, especially before beating the campaign.

Yes.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Good point. [spoil]We never saw him in the act of dying, only falling. but for now I'm going to assume he's dead.[/spoil]

Reading up on the backstory of Didactic, the body he had in Halo 4 was not his original body, his original body was killed before the Forerunners went to war with the flood and he survived through some kind of mind/consciousness transference to another body. Now, assuming there is another Forerunner somewhere there is no reason he couldn't do it again.

Last edited: