• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Halo Discussion Thread

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Reading up on the backstory of Didactic, the body he had in Halo 4 was not his original body, his original body was killed before the Forerunners went to war with the flood and he survived through some kind of mind/consciousness transference to another body. Now, assuming there is another Forerunner somewhere there is no reason he couldn't do it again.

Ehhh, I'm not gonna say it's impossible. But there were quite a few complications with that. First of all, Bornsteller choose to let the didact take over his consciousness. And I assume that the next forunner would have to allow it as well And they sent him into exile for a reason, no one really wants a man who gives up individuality for syntheticness. I honestly think he was still alive due to the way he spoke in the legendary ending...Hopefully spartan ops over the weeks to come will reveal more.

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
Ehhh, I'm not gonna say it's impossible. But there were quite a few complications with that. First of all, Bornsteller choose to let the didact take over his consciousness. And I assume that the next forunner would have to allow it as well And they sent him into exile for a reason, no one really wants a man who gives up individuality for syntheticness. I honestly think he was still alive due to the way he spoke in the legendary ending...Hopefully spartan ops over the weeks to come will reveal more.

I'm pretty sure all will be revealed in the upcoming Silentium book as well.

Mudkip8003

Good point. [spoil]We never saw him in the act of dying, only falling. but for now I'm going to assume he's dead.[/spoil]

[spoil]He did fall into the Composer's beam, so he might have been composed. Although I'm really not sure about his fate because of the ending.[/spoil]

ImAnOKIE12

Sexy Cowboy
Finally got to see the other Forward Unto Dawn videos. Really enjoying them, except I hate the huge skip between part 4&5. How did they meet Chiefj Where? When? When and how did they get out? Ugh! So entertaining!

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
The achievements for this are ridiculously easy, I could have 1000/1000 now if I didn't have to wait for the rest of Spartan Ops.

Finally got to see the other Forward Unto Dawn videos. Really enjoying them, except I hate the huge skip between part 4&5. How did they meet Chiefj Where? When? When and how did they get out? Ugh! So entertaining!

They meet Chief in episode 4 and he helps them escape, me thinks you missed something.

ImAnOKIE12

Sexy Cowboy
I'll just re watch the rest later again. I think Halo would make a promising movie or two.

SugarFreeJazz

not present
Having only played Halo Reach, and with no intention of purchasing the previous 3 games, how much of the experience from the campaign would I lose if I just read a summary of the story? I'm still going to buy Halo 4, so no need to try and sell me on that one. I'm simply curious.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Having only played Halo Reach, and with no intention of purchasing the previous 3 games, how much of the experience from the campaign would I lose if I just read a summary of the story? I'm still going to buy Halo 4, so no need to try and sell me on that one. I'm simply curious.

You'll miss out on the developing relationship between the Chief and Cortana, which is kind of a big plot point in Halo 4.

Night_Walker

Personally I'd maintain that reading the story is nothing compared to experiencing it. So I'd strongly advise that you at least watch all the cutscenes or play all the earlier entries that you can - especially as some dialogue isn't part of the cutscenes.

Indeed 3 and CEA do give a little extra information and feel for 4.

And just like Jolteon91 says it helps show the developing relationship between John-117 and Cortana, which is indeed a big part of 4. As well as helping to expand on an element from Reach that gets explored just a tad at the opening of 4.

ImAnOKIE12

Sexy Cowboy
I figured out what it was! I was watching ep3, and it was on shuffle :( didn't realize it went from 3 to 5. Im gonna watch all of them again tonight. Just to get everything.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
I just got Halo 4, and my first impression is that it is pretty good. The multiplayer is great, and I like how they let you create your own load out. I also like the new Promethean weapons and the ordinance system.

I haven't played much of the campaign either, but I think it is good so far. I don't fully understand everything yet, such as why the Covenant is attacking Master Chief, but I'm assuming that it will be explained later. I like the new enemy classes, the Prometheans, but I still prefer the Covenant. There are both classes though, so overall the enemies are good.

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
I just got Halo 4, and my first impression is that it is pretty good. The multiplayer is great, and I like how they let you create your own load out. I also like the new Promethean weapons and the ordinance system.

I haven't played much of the campaign either, but I think it is good so far. I don't fully understand everything yet, such as why the Covenant is attacking Master Chief, but I'm assuming that it will be explained later. I like the new enemy classes, the Prometheans, but I still prefer the Covenant. There are both classes though, so overall the enemies are good.

The reason why the Covenant is at war again can be explained in the The Thursday War. In it, the Elites have some sort of rebellion and humanity gets involved because we're friends with one of the sides. That's all I really know at this point. I haven't read all of it, but I do know that is what happens.

I figured out what it was! I was watching ep3, and it was on shuffle :( didn't realize it went from 3 to 5. Im gonna watch all of them again tonight. Just to get everything.

I recently had the pleasure of watching Forward Unto Dawn. I must say, I am most pleased. Yes, the acting was little crappy, but the animation was phenomenal, and their portrayal of the Cheif was pretty cool too.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Now that I've played some more of Halo 4's multiplayer, I can actually give an educated opinion. First of all, I hate all the maps except for Ragnarok. Second, vehicles are way too powerful. Most of my deaths are from vehicles, and in one match I couldn't even get a kill before dying ten times because I kept getting run over five seconds after I spawned. Third of all, it seems as if grenades do almost no damage.

Also, I preferred the previous Halo games' system of making everyone spawn with an AR and then go around the map to find better weapons. I'm not saying that I dislike the create your own load out system, but I do prefer the older one.

Another complaint I have is about the ordinance. Everything in the ordinance other than the weapons suck, so I don't see the point of even including those other things. One more thing I'm disappointed in is the removal of Multi Team, but that isn't that big of a deal.

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
Also, I preferred the previous Halo games' system of making everyone spawn with an AR and then go around the map to find better weapons. I'm not saying that I dislike the create your own load out system, but I do prefer the older one.

I hace to agree sito you on the fact that the load outs due in fact suck. Searching for weapons was one of the best parts of the game. Remember the cluster-**** that would occur around the Rocket Launchers and Energy Swords? That right there was where most of the fighting occurred in my matches. Spawning with whatever weapons you want kinda takes the fun out of the game. That was one of my least favorite parts of Halo Reach. That and how it didn't match the story se out in the books.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Now that I've played some more of Halo 4's multiplayer, I can actually give an educated opinion. First of all, I hate all the maps except for Ragnarok. Second, vehicles are way too powerful. Most of my deaths are from vehicles, and in one match I couldn't even get a kill before dying ten times because I kept getting run over five seconds after I spawned. Third of all, it seems as if grenades do almost no damage.

Another complaint I have is about the ordinance. Everything in the ordinance other than the weapons suck, so I don't see the point of even including those other things. One more thing I'm disappointed in is the removal of Multi Team, but that isn't that big of a deal.
I'm surprised you're having so much trouble getting kills (or rather, dieing before you manage to get the kills)...Maybe We're just trying different ways of fighting. There are so many power weapons that the vehicles never seem to last long despite getting a lot of kills with them. I dunno, but I'm managing quite well despite all of the vehicles on the map.

I agree slightly with the last complaint. But I wouldn't say they all suck...gaining a needler never helps me as much as a damage boost or a speed boost. It depends upon the weapon and your playstyle I'd say. But I'm not saying the weapons don't end up usually being better. Rather that the boosts have their uses. :/

One complaint I do fully agree with however is the grenade complaint...they look and sound stronger, but they rarely are as much use as just firing. They're better used as something to gain distance if you need it...I don't know why they're weaker, but they just are. >3>...even on vehicles, you have to get up and stick the grenade in there for it to be useful. lol

Magnegross

peepee ding dong

To be honest, all Halo multiplayer has ever been is whoever has the power weapons the most wins. Of course, high skill players can make exceptions, but on the average Slayer, it's usually been whoever gets to the ES/Rocket Launcher/whatever first. I haven't noticed anything wrong with grenade damage, however, if the damage has been reduced, even if a little, I'm grateful. Grenades were always a cheap way of securing kills. I, for one, welcomed the addition of load-outs, although a bit Call of Duty-ish. I will miss the standard AR start, however, and I can always pop in Halo 3 multiplayer or even Reach if I want to feel nostalgic. Vehicles have always been that way as well. ****ing Snowbound in Halo 3 and the goddamn Ghosts who the hell puts vehicles on such a small map.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
To be honest, all Halo multiplayer has ever been is whoever has the power weapons the most wins. Of course, high skill players can make exceptions, but on the average Slayer, it's usually been whoever gets to the ES/Rocket Launcher/whatever first. I haven't noticed anything wrong with grenade damage, however, if the damage has been reduced, even if a little, I'm grateful. Grenades were always a cheap way of securing kills. I, for one, welcomed the addition of load-outs, although a bit Call of Duty-ish. I will miss the standard AR start, however, and I can always pop in Halo 3 multiplayer or even Reach if I want to feel nostalgic. Vehicles have always been that way as well. ****ing Snowbound in Halo 3 and the goddamn Ghosts who the hell puts vehicles on such a small map.
Maybe its not so much the damage as the radius it reaches. I mean a plasma stick is still a kill no matter what, and throwing the frag on the ground right below you still complete reduces your shields...However it never seems to reach that far...Was it area of effect? IDK...But when I throw two frag grenades, 1 on each side of someone in a general range, and he doesn't die even after bullet shots...somethings different. :/...

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
From what I've played I've been having a great time with Halo 4's multiplayer, though that might be because I'm doing really well in just about every match I play. Grenades definitely feel weaker, but it's a welcome change.

The imbalance of Ordnance Drops and invisible Spartan upgrades are something I haven't really experienced yet and I hope that doesn't come to pass. Right now it's nowhere near as frustrating as how Reach got.