• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Halo or Gears of War

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Halo all the way!

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Profesco has an awesome sig...

Yup. You haven't seen it before?

I'm pretty sure there was a topic for Halo vs. Gears a year ago or something. Most people agreed that comparing both is pretty much pointless anyways.

I'll throw it out there anyways that I think Halo is better.

fhqwhgads

I'll throw it out there anyways that I think Halo is better.
I posted the exact same reply in both that thread and this one.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Neither. I like my games non-generic, thank you.

YOU DISAGREED WITH BOTH HALO AND GEARS THAT MEANS YOU LOVE SONY. RAAAAAGE.

Can you move gray blocks in Team Fortress 2? I don't think so. Burned.

Wait, you can move gray blocks in Gears? I know there's a few context-sensitive events in the campaign that involve moving cover but I don't remember anything that was a gray block. I mean there are some gray things that you can... rub your back against... but that's about it.

Either way TF2 needs a block gray block moving update before it can be called a real game.

Zerokku

Nonstop Breeder

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
No, not really. Nintendo fanboy here.

Wait, I had a comeback for this lying around somewhere... *shuffles around*
Does anyone have an extra Gamecube and some duct tape? This is gonna be SO funny, tee hee.

Back to the "topic" at hand, I'm going to predict that a year from now I'll be playing Halo Reach instead of Gears 3. Reason: Forge World. I doubt Gears 3 won't even be able to reach Halo 3's level of customization for content let alone the possibilities of Forge World.

God of War III wins btw

natie

Mr. F
This topic sucks.

I kinda like Halo, even though I've only played it for about half an hour in my entire existence. Gears of War is too sluggish for my liking (and it's so dark, I can't see a thing).

Zerokku

Nonstop Breeder
To answer the question asked (though the series I mentioned before are superior), if I had to choose between the two I'd go for Halo. Not a particularly amazing series, but its one of the last series that maintains its roots in the old first person shooters before everything became so call of duty-fied. The day halo gets iron-sights is the day I wont even touch console shooters. That and halo actually has color as opposed to the brown & bloom found in gears and every other non valve-shooter this gen.

Reason: Forge World. I doubt Gears 3 won't even be able to reach Halo 3's level of customization for content let alone the possibilities of Forge World.

I'm always stumped as to why people find Forge World so amazing.

Then I remember "Oh yah, console gamers".

Surfing_Pikachu

Well of course, PC gamers are used to modding and such. It's pretty rare that a robust and easy to use map map editor like this comes around on a console. And if it does, it's usually tacked onto a game that isn't all that good (*cough* Far Cry 2). But when you take an already awesome series like Halo (that already has a gametype editor) and slap on a great feature like that, well count me in!

But remember kiddies, Forge was and always will be a map editor.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I'm always stumped as to why people find Forge World so amazing.

Tomorrow I get a brand new laptop so NOT FOR LONG BWAHAHAHA!

Well of course, PC gamers are used to modding and such. It's pretty rare that a robust and easy to use map map editor like this comes around on a console. And if it does, it's usually tacked onto a game that isn't all that good (*cough* Far Cry 2). But when you take an already awesome series like Halo (that already has a gametype editor) and slap on a great feature like that, well count me in!

But remember kiddies, Forge was and always will be a map editor.

Exactly. Forge also works so well with Halo because of it's massive community.