• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Halo or Gears of War

Slick

Banned
I'm not getting it until, probably next year or something. I'm trying to desperately save for Black Ops and Rock Band 3 and I'm working on a back-catalogue of games I haven't finished, but I am interested.

Surfing_Pikachu

I haz it. IMO, the campaign seems a little... dull. And the story doesn't explain itself well, I feel sorry for the people who don't already know what's supposed to be going on. But hey, when Blood Gulch is back, there's no complaining. And shouldn't we make a new thread for this anyway? The other one is too old and moldy.

Surfing_Pikachu

Yeah, there are a few plot points that puzzle me, especially at random points through the whole thing when the rest of the squad seals me off so its only me fighting two Hunters and a bunch of Elites. Its like "Thanks guys. Really."
And I sat there for a good 5 minutes at one level wondering where the flagnod I was supposed to go. Oh, so the bridge only appears once I beat all the enemies, huh... :/

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Halo 1 vs Gears of War 1? Not a chance.

He never said the first games. I'm almost sure he was just referring the both franchises, as that is the topic. Comparing Combat Evolved to something 5 years older than it is a little unfair and yet I still find Halo 1 to be more enjoyable.

Night Shadow

BRRAAP BRRAAP
Probably gonna get Reach soon. Reach is probably better than Gears of War 2, theres no denying that. Also, Gears of War Event this Halloween for 30xp, just for any Gears fans on this thread.

Ideologies

What Now?
Halo or Gears.... it can't be anymore obvious than... Halo. Especially in terms of multiplayer. Gears 2 was just a tragedy in MP, lag-switches galore.

The King of Ho-oh's

<---- Newest Shiny
Wow a Gears of War v. Halo thread that hasn't completely de-evolved into
rants and trolling! ;)

Anyway I'm going to post my opinions on this subject. I personally enjoy
Gears of War more. While I appreciate the freedom and creativity that
Halo inspires (just watch videos on youtube.... some AMAZING stuff)
I just prefer the tactical nature of Gears of War. I actually hate playing
either of them online simply due to the all of the racists, homophobes, and
12 year olds who find themselves hilarious. When I do get to playing online I
turn the volume completely off for the reasons given.

Either way Gears of War 3 will be a first day buy for me, where as Reach will be a game I pick up during a big sale or when I really need a new game.

Raichu31

I recently started playing the Halo series, and to be honest Reach is a very good game. I'm a huge Gears fan, and event went to the pro circuit for Gears 2. That being said, Reach is much better than Gears 2 and I have enjoyed playing it. It could even contend with Halo 3.