• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Halo: Reach

BUG

insert joke so dated I don't even remember it
Seeing as the trailer just came out, I assume we've reached the point where this needs a thread. Thoughts, excitement, leaked photos etc. go here.

Last edited:

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
For a Halo trailer it wasn't too exciting. But the new engine looks great, at first I thought the cutscene was CG or something. The beta comes out next spring and I'll be eager to try it.

My friend pointed this out to me: If you watch the trailer, the girl actually has a robotic arm. I didn't realize until I saw it a second time.

BUG

insert joke so dated I don't even remember it
And then Viacom was like "oh no you di'int!" and they banhammer'd the trailer video.

Damn it. I'll go find a replacement.

EDIT: Done. Although this one is lower quality.

What'd you guys think of that elite at the end?

Last edited:

Nixoth

Ace Trainer
yeah, the trailer really wasnt all that good, but one thing i have always thought about was that it would be so cool if they let us pilot seraph fighters (if you ever played halo 3, youd remember seeing one on the first mission with the tank, kind of before you arrive at the place with the sentinels).

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
What'd you guys think of that elite at the end?

I laughed. I can never take them seriously when they roar with their jaw mandible things because of this scene at 5:40. Makes me giggle every time, and usually put my middle and forefinger around my mouth and go "blaaaahhh"

The trailer really didn't reveal much. Now we know you're another MC knock-off joining some squadron of other MC knock-offs in order to shoot aliens and stuff. Fun. Still semi-hyped, though.

Yeah, I thought they have Chief in this one. And his squad. Unless this is after he left Reach, which it probably was, there's not much of a reason to do another story about a bunch of mismatched troops.

Giovanni

Long lost trainer
Halo is a good series but i dont like 1 thing,theres too many noobs and nerds online in halo 3,supposedly reach will be the same damnit! Reach will own,hope to play as the covenant!

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Halo is a good series but i dont like 1 thing,theres too many noobs and nerds online in halo 3,supposedly reach will be the same damnit! Reach will own,hope to play as the covenant!

Oh yeah, Bungie released an official statement about how their statistics showed that about 45% of players on Halo were classified as noobs and nerds and that they're sad that Reach will not have their targeted 90% player rate of hardcore MLG frat boys. It's a darn shame.

And I doubt you'll play as the Covenant in Reach, in ODST the whole reason for no Covenant was that THEY were attacking Earth and they wanted to focus more on the ODST squad you were in. Reach seems to be taking the same route.

Giovanni

Long lost trainer
Oh yeah, Bungie released an official statement about how their statistics showed that about 45% of players on Halo were classified as noobs and nerds and that they're sad that Reach will not have their targeted 90% player rate of hardcore MLG frat boys. It's a darn shame.

And I doubt you'll play as the Covenant in Reach, in ODST the whole reason for no Covenant was that THEY were attacking Earth and they wanted to focus more on the ODST squad you were in. Reach seems to be taking the same route.

Oh sad,but i hate mlgs also,their assholes,they always boot you in a game if u betray them accidentally(everyone betrays accidentally),i really dont like them at all.

well multiplayer is not about the story,you could tell by the title that odst wont have playable covenant.halo ce was just the beginnin,then halo 2 started with elites,halo 3 still the same,how about reach,i just hope.i dont think reach is taking the same route,well up to now it seems like cuz of the characters in the new trailer.

1ee7leader

Halo Reach will be a great game, I like Skully(The guy with the skull on his EVA helmet) Skully was named that becuase it was voted by the forum members of Halo Reach forum.

Surfing_Pikachu

Halo Reach looks fantastic in every aspect, especially graphics. However, one thing does disappoint me. It looks and sounds like they're going for a darker tone in this game. My favorite part of Halo is the lush, vibrant, and detailed environments that make you just want to explore. I almost thought I was watching Call of Duty: Reach there.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Halo Reach looks fantastic in every aspect, especially graphics. However, one thing does disappoint me. It looks and sounds like they're going for a darker tone in this game. My favorite part of Halo is the lush, vibrant, and detailed environments that make you just want to explore. I almost thought I was watching Call of Duty: Reach there.

Okay, you're right, the game does look a bit darker than past Halos but it's the Fall of friggin' Reach. I think if they're going to make a game about it they should do it right.
I agree that it will end up looking gorgeous and who knows? Maybe that'll help flesh out the environment in a better way than you thought. Look at ODST. It had a pretty dark atmosphere to it: an entire city attacked and taken under enemy control, empty cars and wreckage everywhere, every part of the city you see what was once occupied by people was turned into a battleground. My guess is that Reach might not even come that "close to home".
But trust me, one of the LAST things Halo should do is start to look MORE like Call of Duty. Otherwise people will just buy Call of Duty anyways. When one game franchise starts to knock off another usually people just stick to the tired and true original, because it does what it's good at.

To be honest I can't wait to see what they do with the multiplayer.

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
chances are its a first-person shooter. while i have no problem with that, itd just be nice if Halo had atleast 1 TPS. the heavy weapons in Halo 3 and ODST dont necesarilly count.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
chances are its a first-person shooter.

Facts are it's a first person shooter. Screenshots were leaked weeks ago, just go and Google them. (I'm too lazy to go and look them up)

I want to exterminate halo noobs/nerds so halo reach could be amazing.

Now, now... suicide won't solve anything.

Ikito

I'd just like to say to anybody disappointed with the new 'trailer', it isn't a trailer. That's the opening Cinematic.