• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HAMISHMASH'S FAKEMON - Time and Space Versions

Neferka

Gimmie Kiss ;-]
Ah shoot... I think I might have to swap out my Shwimp with a Harlefinn (it's such a cute, happy looking Pokémon and psychic to boot!). Poor Shwimp. I'm sorry little guy T_T

That last screen shot was amazing. It makes me wish this was a real, playable game more than ever.

(Btw I read the comic you posted in the The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club. It broke my heart. Knowing that there are people who go through that kind of torture because some other members of society are ignorant, hateful and narrow minded is terribly sad. The ending was wonderful. I bawled my eyes out <3 )

murkrowrob

Yamask Hugger x_x
Clownfish :D Loving everything I've seen so far - except Dyva. Was never a Jynx fan anyway, but it looks even more like a transvestite.... Love the originality - more original than the majority of 5th gen :D (Good on your behalf, bad on Gamefreak's).
I'd love to play a pokemon game which looks liek your screenshots do, although it does look liek a Pc game more...

Swimminfool looks amazing and reminds me of a certain final fantasy 6 villain which is all good. :)

Hamishmash

"Just... stuff."
Ah shoot... I think I might have to swap out my Shwimp with a Harlefinn (it's such a cute, happy looking Pokémon and psychic to boot!). Poor Shwimp. I'm sorry little guy T_T

That last screen shot was amazing. It makes me wish this was a real, playable game more than ever.

(Btw I read the comic you posted in the The Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual Alliance Club. It broke my heart. Knowing that there are people who go through that kind of torture because some other members of society are ignorant, hateful and narrow minded is terribly sad. The ending was wonderful. I bawled my eyes out <3 )

Aww :( Thanks. It was really like that, especially around my family. But at least now I'm out and everyone's accepted me, and when I've grown up very few people seem to have a problem with it.

Clownfish :D Loving everything I've seen so far - except Dyva. Was never a Jynx fan anyway, but it looks even more like a transvestite.... Love the originality - more original than the majority of 5th gen :D (Good on your behalf, bad on Gamefreak's).
I'd love to play a pokemon game which looks liek your screenshots do, although it does look liek a Pc game more...

Swimminfool looks amazing and reminds me of a certain final fantasy 6 villain which is all good. :)

Thanks for all the compliments. Dyva was a bit of a dare made by guys on another forum and yes... Dyva's suppose to look a bit... "scene" shall we say?

Mitja

Veteran smartass
Whoa :)
Interesting stuff there!
To me, some of the concepts are a bit too far outside of what we could realistically expect from Gamefreak, but that doesn't mean it's not good. Or is that even what you are aiming at, trying to create "european style" pokemon maybe?

I really like your choice of map for the region, picking Europe as a basis, which is what I was planning to do after I finish my current Johto-Hoenn connecting fakedex xD

The most important part of a pokemon generation are the starters.
They are the first 3 pokemon people are introduced to.
That's why the guys in Japan take a whole year for creating them every generation, instead of the usual month per pokemon.
All the starters have to be so likeable, that everyone should have an incredibly tough time choosing between them.
That's very hard to achieve with insects, hence why none are Bug type yet (and because it can't be their primary type as starters, which is the case for all insect based pokemon)
They need more complex personalities, not just a simple comedic appearance ala Bidoof (comparable to your Grass starter).

But in the end I don't know whether that's what you are aiming for (staying as true as possible to the original style of the franchise) so take this as optional crit ^_^
You definitely come up with unique ideas Ive never seen done in the form of fakemon.

Watchin you on deviantart.

Hamishmash

"Just... stuff."
Whoa :)
Interesting stuff there!
To me, some of the concepts are a bit too far outside of what we could realistically expect from Gamefreak, but that doesn't mean it's not good. Or is that even what you are aiming at, trying to create "european style" pokemon maybe?

I really like your choice of map for the region, picking Europe as a basis, which is what I was planning to do after I finish my current Johto-Hoenn connecting fakedex xD

The most important part of a pokemon generation are the starters.
They are the first 3 pokemon people are introduced to.
That's why the guys in Japan take a whole year for creating them every generation, instead of the usual month per pokemon.
All the starters have to be so likeable, that everyone should have an incredibly tough time choosing between them.
That's very hard to achieve with insects, hence why none are Bug type yet (and because it can't be their primary type as starters, which is the case for all insect based pokemon)
They need more complex personalities, not just a simple comedic appearance ala Bidoof (comparable to your Grass starter).

But in the end I don't know whether that's what you are aiming for (staying as true as possible to the original style of the franchise) so take this as optional crit ^_^
You definitely come up with unique ideas Ive never seen done in the form of fakemon.

Watchin you on deviantart.

Thanks for the comment but I would probably disagree with you on the starters thing. While I don't think mine are perfect, I think they're a darknsight more likeable than Snivy or Oshowwotososogdfdsfodsf... or whatever his name is. The starters are become FAR TOO over designed. They've put WAY too much thought into the current ones, they don't have the classic simplicity of the first 6 (possibly) / 9.

But like I said, they're not perfect, but people on deviant art and the two other forums I've put them on seem to have warmed to them.

Hamishmash

"Just... stuff."
Opinions on the Treetank redesign?

036_ambush___038_canonforna_by_spune-d3997vv.jpg

This redesign is a bit more radical, but I don't care, didn't like the original design.

http://i53.*******.com/fo0fog.jpg

Hamishmash

"Just... stuff."
045_femury_by_spune-d3a7pd4.jpg

http://spune.deviantart.com/art/045-Femury-198554152

Evolves from Marowak if given a fossil to hold.

044 Femury
Ground / Rock
The Bone Keeper Pokemon
Femury uses strange fossils as shields and armour. They are often seen to make nests out of bones and skeletons.

Made because Cubone is my favourite Pokemon, but I really don't like Marowak that much.

046_okapipako_by_spune-d3adbb3.jpg

http://spune.deviantart.com/art/046-Okapipako-198815871

Evolves from Girafarig under certain conditions.

046 Okapipako
Normal / Psychic
The Two Faced Pokemon
"When Girafarig evolves, it's secondary head becomes far more free thinking. In battle, Okapipako is very unique. Two of its moves are assigned to one of it's heads and the other two to another head. Both heads have their own health and can get their own status effects, however if one of them faints, they both do. "Reverse" is the ability it is given which lets it chose which way to face the enemy."

EzzPeon

just a passerby
That girafarig evolution is a neat idea.

So is the Marowak evolution =]
And the way it evolves, holding a fossil? I bet no one did that yet.

EifieChan

Cold *** Honky
Wow these are awesome!! I like treetank the best. Swimfool was pretty cute too. XD they look like the clownfish from Finding Nemo. Okapikako is awesome!!! Fakemon FTW!

bippacooleth

Quiver Dance=Success
Treetank's redesign is much better, I wasn't a fan of the original either.

These are all amazing, especially Harlefinn. The name is pretty awesome as well

BlackShadowRose

The Lost one.
For some reason your art remind me of something I watch a long time ago or something I read.... might come to me might not lol XD

Over all it is a interesting style. Keep A eye out for up dates.

015_toboo___017_lampoon_by_spune-d37yfu7.png

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/024/5/2/015_toboo___017_lampoon_by_spune-d37yfu7.png

015 Toboo
The Prank Spider Pokemon
Bug / Poison
"While they appear to be harmless flies, Toboo are actually flying spiders. They pretend to get caught in other spider's webs and as the spider comes to eat them, Toboo springs out, ties the spider in it's own web and swallows them whole."

016 Kreepo
The Prank Spider Pokemon
Bug / Poison
"It likes to bury itself in the ground displaying it's huge, fruit-like rear end. If a Pokemon is enticed and takes a bite, they burst the skin and are covered in the acid which pours out."

017 Lampoon
The Prank Spider Pokemon
Bug / Poison
"The grape-like structures on its back are actually eggs. It hangs in trees waiting for ignorant Pokemon to take a bite. The eggs hatch in their bellies once they have travelled a certain distance away."

lampoon is really creepy.. the number of eyed irk me XD but the design of the fakemon are off the charts

Tonberry_King

Author of Epilogues
Okay, I've got a tab open with each of your pokemon:

Firstly, my team of six would be:
Umbrillard (Water/Flying)
Roosterix (Normal)
Lampoon (Bug/Poison)
Ebirass (Water)
Wickerwoe (Ghost/Grass or Ghost/Fire)
Okapipako (Normal/Psychic)

Okay, individual reviews:
Mowhog line: I think I like this first stage the most, but I ultimately picked the water line over this one because of the typing. However, I've always been fond of the grass starters, so I think it would definitely grow on me with time. It's quite cool though.

Magmoth Line: I'm a big fan of bug types, but the final stage didn't stand out as much as I had hoped. To be honest, I think if these were sprited, then my favorite would be really hard to choose out of the three. Each one is original and awesome in its own way. Seriously though, a Bug/Fire starter is so much better than three consecutive fire/fighting starters.

Bobard line: Oh my, it doesn't get much better than this. I think my favorite thing is how Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo-esque they are. Ludicolo is awesome, and there definitely looks to be some influence. This would make for a great water starter, and again, I cannot compliment your efforts enough.

Clukoon Line: The fighting egg pokemon is a very original idea. Starts off genderless, and gains one when it evolves. Very innovative. I suppose my main qualm would be the stats. As much as I love how both of the evolutions look, I can't imagine that Cluken is potentially better than Roosterix. Regardless, I'd end up training one of each, and it's a brilliant idea. Quite possibly my favorite evolutionary family you have up.

Wererin/Howlin: They look really cool, and Howlin definitely gives off an action movie star vibe. Like others, I initially took them to be dark or ice, but I was plesantly surprised to see that they're normal. I think Houndour and Poochyena are enough dogs for the dark type, and I think with ice types we can be a little more original than wolves. As a normal type, I think it would stand out as being better than the Rattata/Sentret/Zigzagoon/etc and would definitely see a fair share of use in teams. Not my personal choice, but the art itself is great.

Toboo line: Bug/Poison. Seriously, this is awesome. Lampoon is a marvel. I really like the idea behind it, which reminds me of Foongus and Amoongus, except it'd be with fruit rather than pokeballs. Again, some of my favorites. I really like the demented and eerie vibe that their pokedex entries give off.

Gnomite: I think the idea behind it is good, and it's well-inspired, but this ultimately looks like one of the pokemon whose stats are a bit lacking, and who doesn't aesthetically appeal to enough people, and like Dunsparce, Luvdisc, Illumise, and Volbeat, it will sit and rot in a pc. Maybe give it an evolution, or redesign it? Ultimately your call, but right now it seems lackluster and unappealing.

Shwimp/Ebirass: These two are incredible. Seriously, you make hit after hit, and then you falter with a boring cave gnome, but then you're right back on it. We definitely need this in the next generation of pokemon. I can already imagine having to dive to the ocean floor to find Shwimp, unless you can fish 'em up somewhere earlier. I know I'd go out of my way looking for one though. Seriously. So great.

Bombara: >.> I'm not much of a dog person, so I might be a bit biased, but I dunno. Boring. Don't care much for the idea behind it. Well, kinda. I like the 'Sea dog' idea, but I don't think it should have been executed as a dog who surfs on a surfboard made of its own hair. Just not my style, so I don't think I can criticize it.

Pobearian: Hahaha. This is hilarious. The look on its face is priceless. I imagine this being your generation's version of Snorlax, Sudowoodo, Kecleon, etc. The one who is on the map, and stops you from continuing on in the game. Perhaps it fell down, and it's too stupid to get back up. You have to trick it into forgetting that it fell in the first place somehow. I dunno, but it's hilarious, and I would probably end up training one. I think it's cool.

Damsette: As said before, this one definitely gives off a ghost vibe. However, unlike with the wolf, we do not have a surplus of ghosts, and I think it would belong there better. Perhaps a Normal/Ghost combo, so that it doesn't alter the gym leader who uses it. Not to mention, 1 weakness that way: Dark. It would be immune to Normal, Fighting, and Ghost. lol. Almost sounds too good to be true. Anyway, I like your design, I like the idea behind it. I think as a normal type it might just fall into the crowd though, so unless you're getting sick of hearing "That should be a ghost," then, well, that should be a ghost. =P

Willowoe/Wickerwoe: Hah! This guy is so cool. Seriously, this is the whipped cream on the pie. The toy in the cereal box. Definitely seems influenced by a Mr. Darmanitan, but you've also definitely made it its own. Different types depending on what it's fighting. That's cool. And of course, it's always nice when the design is just as cool as the type combinations. Great job. I want one now.

Right now.

Craniape/Cerebrilla: I was thinking more along the lines of fighting/psychic, but hey. Fighting monkeys are overdone anyway. These guys look cool, have interesting dex entries, and potentially kick some butt. I'm curious, would they be physical psychic types, or special psychic types? We only have but a few physical ones, and they're like all multi-type, so that might be a cool spin on it.

Kidcano line: Like the name. Baby goat is called a kid. Clever. Aha. Hahaha. Heh. Anyway, first thing I noticed was that the final stage looks really freaking evil. Then I scrolled down and saw that it's dark. Niiice. Yes, we have A fire/dark, but it has unique stats and a unique movepool and would be quite easy to differentiate from. Not to mention, this guy is a three-stager, which means it competes with the likes of Machamp, Gardevoir, and Samurott. It's above measly little Houndooms. ;D

Teslapod/Molcowod: Bug/Electric? Yes, please. Snail pokemon? Yes, please. Lightning fast snail? Need I say it again? This guy is cool cubed, and I want to punch one because it looks so awesome. Punch it in its little shell! Bwhahaha. Bwahahahahahaa.

Kalgae: I like the design, and the type combination is pleasant. As said before, I like Ludicolo, and Grass/Water is my bag of chips. It is a little reminiscent of Tangela, which is cool because they gave that a crappy evolution so Kalgae is more than welcome.

Kalectroid: Mm, yes. I would really like to know more, but the idea is already creative and original. Since there isn't an actual game for us to play and discover their abilities, perhaps you could tell us?

Dyva: >.> Well, I'm a big fan of Jynx, but I don't care for these. Jynx's design seems random and mismatched, and can give off the first impression of transgender goodness, but when you know what it's based off of, then one would expect a lot more from an evolution. To be honest, I think GF didn't give Jynx an evolution in the fourth gen, to go along with Magmar and Electabuzz, because they knew they couldn't do one well. Creative idea and effort, but it's personally one of my least favorite.

Ambush line: These are interesting. I'm running out of steam here, but know that I like them. They aren't great, but I imagine in sprited form they'd be better. I liked the first Treetank better than the redesign. Just seemed more tank-like to me, I guess. Either way, the second one isn't bad. Simply not as good, in one man's opinion. Final stage is all that really matters anyway, right? =P

Pierces: Water/Steel types will make it memorable, the fact that it has a blade attached to its body means it will be a fan-favorite, and quite honestly, you can't go wrong with a swordfish pokemon unless you're just a poor artist.

Grull/Poigeon: Water/Poison will make the pair memorable if nothing else. I imagine them as similar to Toxicroak and Skuntank, in that they're unique, two stage combinations of the poison type. Would make for some interesting moves. Definitely needs Muddy Water.

Predox & Villane: I know they don't evolve into one another, but they're Zangoose and Seviper. Lunatone and Solrock. Latias and Latios. Yin and yang. lol, done now. Predator and Alien inspired, but with a nice tiki islander twist that helps to make them unique in their own way. Certainly not stepping on any copyright toes. Cool ideas, and I like the Poison/Rock and Poison/Steel typing on them. Fits their appearances, and is unique. You know what that makes these two right? BETTER. Nicely done.

Harlefinn/Swiminfool: While I'm not fond of the design, I think that's okay. Others seem to like them quite a bit, and I imagine they're a fun and interesting twist to the ever bland water and fish types we see all day every day. Water/Psychic puts it up against Starmie/Slowbro/Slowking, and being that it's also a two-stager, it would come down to movepool and stats. I do wish I liked it more. Clownfish are one of my favorite animals ever.

Femury: A Marowak evolution. I'd say one is needed due to stats, but the storyline of Marowak makes it harder for me to accept. Regardless, your design is well conceived. I probably still wouldn't use the Marowak line, but if people use Togekiss and Lickilicky and all of the atrocious evolutions introduced 4th generation, then there's no reason they wouldn't use a decent evolution to Marowak.

Okapipako: Based on the Okapi, one would assume, the design is unprecedented. Girafarig certainly needs an evolution, and one where the tail takes a demanding toll on the Girafarig would be interesting. I like the ability you gave it, but it sounds as if that means you'd basically have a 7th pokemon in your party. Except 2 of them would each only have two attacks. That definitely falls into some gray area, but since it doesn't need Gamefreak approval, forget it, it's awesome.

Well, there's a review on each fakemon of yours. Additional statements would be:
A) Creative gym leaders.
B) Amazing "screenshots". Definitely haven't seen that kind of artwork thrown in with fakemon. Usually it's just trainers, pokemon, and a map. Maybe badges.
B.5) You should do badges.
C) Update the first post, please?
D) I can't wait to see the rest of these. You have a creative mind, and you shouldn't let it go to waste.
E) Most importantly, have you thought about having someone sprite these? Could be some amazing results.

Last edited:

hever

022611229PM
I am impressed! To be honest, at first, I thought it was barbaric. But as I scrolled down, the designs and concepts are original! I am mostly impressed with the Water and the Fire starters' final evolution! Keep up the great work!

swanna33

These are amazing. I have to ask, did you draw these on a computer program? If so, which program did you use?

swanna33

I've been working on my sprite-ing abilities lately, and I practiced with a few of your Fakemon. If you want, I can make sprites for the rest; I can send you one of the sprites I made so you can see it, or I can just post it here if you'd like. Let me know! You're a fantastic artist!