• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hand of Hands

Yami Ryu

Sorry I just... really couldn't read into it- the reasoning for their human forms and pokemon forms is just.. to watery for me to accept, especially about Rayquaza, he/she is not like that in the games [Rayquaza STOPPED the sleeping duo from fighting gamewise] and even in PMD 1 [only PMD I have], Rayquaza was not a terror, aslong as you stayed the hell outta his cloud he was a happy dragon.

“Cresselia, Hand of Dreams and Nightmares.”

Er- Cresselia would really be the hand of dreams- Darkrai causes nightmares, Cresselia's 'feather' I think, cured the boy in DPP of the nightmare Darkrai was causing/feeding off... soo..

That and you don't really describe who is speaking really, or give a hint. So it's like GUESS WHO THE HAND IS!!!

Which kinda takes some oomph out of the story.

The other thing is, if they're hands and such and they are humans then why should arguing and etc get them in trouble, surely they would not have been fighting and etc in the first place and all that. It seems somewhat stupid to try and tame a beast into a man- but no the man still is a beast!

If they're so imperfect why were they made in the first place it just seems.. counter-productive. Especially the punishment, 100 years as something of a mindless beast? Even with the risk of being captured or killed? And the other thing is if they're immortal, a hundred years is the blink of an eye.

I've had a god punish himself for corrupting and it was for atleast 5k years. Not much but when you're in your own little personal hell, and not tromping around- or gasp ASLEEP, it is a much worse punishment.

So again all in all it just seems like a watery explination as to why Arceus would form a mechanical body.

Also what of the others? Such as Lugia and Articuno and etc- even Mew? If all the pokemon are hands why aren't they all there, or are some only hands and etc.

I also find it a bit wierd a god really needs technology so much- or to depend on a rotom to invent items like the guys for James Bond- when he should be quite capable in his own right [Arceus is a god], of takening down notes or remembering trivial items.

And then;

“Nay. I am sorry Arceus. I love the design and the idea, but the metal needed to do this doesn’t exist yet. It needs to be light-weight and extremely dense. I am working on a similar metal to what is needed right now, but it is not finished. If this is going to work right, you need to wait a little.”

Arceus was crushed. All of the planning had been brought down to shambles. Of course, things like this were no small matter. He probably rushed them, and gave them no warning. He felt the thought tearing up his insides. Rejection.

All Groudon told him was No, not right now, the material you need is still under construction, give me a bit of time and you can have it and my agreement! pretty much and you have Arceus act like it's the end of the world. This kinda further shows a slight wtfness. Arceus is so quick to give up when Groudon proclaims HEY I ALMOST HAVE JUST THE RIGHT METAL MADE ARCEUS :DDDDD JUST GIMME A FEW HUNDRED YEARS AND IT'LL BE DONE BOSS! :DDDD

“Why should I? I don’t like the plan. Plus, how are you going to get the soul? After they pass on, there is no getting them back.”

So ... Arceus. God of everything in the pokemon world [at the moment], god of creation and in theory destruction as he created creatures so capable of it, can not, grasp a single soul, from the afterlife, if it is perfectly fine and sane, and bring it back to the plain and.. fiddle with it?

I'm sorry but it feels like you're belittling Arceus, belittling what it is to be a god and not a superpowered human, and just in general, causing characters that should be epic to come off as wishy washy.

.-.

Zincspider

My Bloody
One thing said here bothers me. The fact you keep saying Arceus is a god. No, he is not. He is the underling of THE god in the story. As are all of the other Hands. THey are on the same level, and no-one is higher than the others. This was Arceus's matter, for it was his idea to do somthing about it. he is simply recognized more for creating the shells of the life-forms on Earth. No Arceus can't get anything back from beyond. Not a god. More of a Demi-god. Fiddling with it... not so much in the rules. He is "waiting to give it judgment", so he can give it one that lets him come back as their servant. Downright dirty to do, but if they need to...

I am not following the game lines, so I chose to have Rayquaza fighting too. Just the way I see it.

Punishment... 5k years now... personal hell in jewal, being tortured each day... got it.
I will change that too.

As for not explaining machine body thoroughly, my fault. In everything else I wrote, I forgot to metion my MAIN point on it. GACK!.... maybe I should have gone over it a couple more times before posting.

Well, seems like I have my work cut out for me for the next couple of days (revising is not the best job in the world).

Thanks.

Yami Ryu

You don't need to take how long I punished my god and use it in your own; it was an example, Zinc. Also I never said the soul has to be tortured.

The other thing is, if Arceus isn't even a god-god, but a hand of 'the god' then why not request a soul from 'head god' then if it's so important. It feels more like Arceus is breaking the rules he strives to enforce and impose upon the others by doing this.

It still feels a bit wishywashy :/

Zincspider

My Bloody
Yes, I know you were speaking of examples, but I liked them and they work. Maybe will change the time, but how long you talk about is a good point. A centery. Not too long now that I think about it.
Request from the head god... I will have an excuse why not in a day or two. If I allow that, it might screw up my whole story... even more than it is. Yes, Arceus does seem to be doing somthing he doesn't usualy think highly of, but I need it. I am sure tha I have my reasons (winks twice, nudges twice)