• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hands-On Agriculture Studies! Where is Diglett?! (1141)

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
I thought TRio was there for a while and Meowth was just alerting them of the twerp's being nearby?
What's weird is that TRio's been there long enough to relax long enough for meowth to get crops to at least bloom, even if they're wilted

Meanwhile Ash and co. arrived the day before

Yet TRio explicitly mention that they saw the brats before they even arrived, which... that's not how time works, as broken as it is in the anime

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Not gonna lie, given the amount of times that Ash has been hit by a pokeball, I wasn't expecting imagery of a pokeball capturing Ash. Yes it was amusing and also yes I probs should've expected something like that from this series. One thing I did find amusing was seeing Voltorb's face when it zapped Ash after receiving a compliment. I will say given that the issue was with a group of Diglett and Dugtrio, a Voltorb isn't really the best pokemon to deal with it, and the "issue" ultimately ended up being more beneficial to the farmer given the effects on the soil. As for the cause of the problem, man I was expecting it to be more interesting than Team Rocket and let's just say their agricultural skills leave a little bit to be desired, but hey at least they conributed to the ongoing tradition of this series, giving Drillbur its first appearance since BW (specifically the episode where Clair caught the shiny Druddigon). Finally, when Go gave his Dugtrio to Endo, I was reminded of the time when Ash gave the Beedrill he caught to Casey 976 episodes ago (the last time a newly caught pokemon was given away to another person in the same episode).

Wow, I had more to say than I expected.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Wished Eevee learned Dig in this episode. In the games, it was one of the most wanted moves for Eevee's shallow movesets imo.

TRio being into gardening was pretty different compared to their usual Pokemon stealings. Their battles against the twerps weren't that interesting and went over fast unfortunately.

The Diglett line always had some questionable designs after all these years. I wondered if we're ever going to see them jumping off the ground to see what's under their upper bodies.

Decent episode. I found watching agriculture boring, more than actually harvesting foods on your own. But I like to see Chloe and Eevee being invested into activities more.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
So Ash, Goh, and Chloe were sent to a farm in investigate why Diglett and Dugtrio were causing issues only to find out it was Team Rocket making a stupid amount of noise to make their own crops grow which was causing the Diglett/trios to run to the farm making it a big problem. But then the reason Team Rocket was there was because they heard Ash, Goh, and Chloe were there. So um.... which came first, the chicken or the egg?

According to the Zapdos episode, the question is: which came first, the pokémon or the egg? :p

Either way, you pose a very good question. It sounds like a plothole.

One could make the case that either TR was there earlier and the gang being there was the reason they stayed or the noise problem had other sources the episode forgot to elaborate on and TR eventually just contributed.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
They never said Team Rocket was there because they saw the kids show up at the farm. It is entirely possible that Team Rocket had already been there for a while, then they saw the kids, then they proceeded to do nothing with this new development because lazy.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
I guess Team Rocket cannot have two good appearences in a row this season.

In the Eevee episode they were fantastic. And in this episode they were there cause I guess that pursuing Digglets does not fill an entire episode.

That Meowth has a passion for agriculture? Since when? That come out of nowhere.

This is a really bad season for Team Rocket fans.

And let's not talk about the Gatcha...

Did anybody watch the movie Office Space? The printer scene?

Yes, that what I think of that abomination.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
This was a really nice episode, a breath of fresh air between plot heavy episodes but of course the anipoke fandom will always hate fillers coz they are fillers instead of seeing the episode as a whole
These quiet episodes really help a lot with world building and character interactions/development. I loved how they incorporated the agricultural part of the Pokémon world so good here, better than previous examples. Chloe really was good here, the dynamic of Ash Goh and Chloe was so fun here. The Ash getting captured by Goh thing was so funny and cute. Eevee playing with voltorb and Pikachu wiping the dirt off voltorb was adorable. Journeys really does well with cute Pokémon interactions in the background, esp the scene in the Giant magikarp episode in sinnoh where Pikachu is just cutely playing with water
TR being here to grow food coz they ran out of it was hilarious, I liked meowth and his mecha, but overall TR was such a weak point of this episode. I'm sad how TR has become stale in this series again, esp after SM. The gatchat isn't something I hate, it gives unique battles but TR should have their own mons and this episode didn't need them
I loved Goh giving dugtrio to Endo, nice development
Ash however was again, insignificant. Now atleast, I wish Ash would be more involved in the daily episode structure too. Goh doesn't need extra time to him anymore. If anyone does, it's Chloe

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I actually really enjoyed this episode. It was light and fun imo, although TRio was so unnecessary imo lol, but I always do enjoy seeing which pokemon they get. Their pokemon seem to fit the theme of the episode usually, so it's always fun.

Diglet and Dugtrio were both cute in this episode, as always. Koharu is full of cute moments too, and omg the outfits.... Goh's outfit was my absolute favourite, and then Koharu and Ash had cute ones too.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Pretty good episode and showcased the dynamic between the boys and Koharu well but man this episode is the main reason why I dislike TRio this season. They’re so..boring and feel more unnecessary than ever before. At least they did more in earlier seasons and this is coming after SM which did a pretty good job (still prefer their OS-DP portrayals) by making them feel like actual parts of the show. 8/10

J. D. Guy

Diglet and Dugtrio were both cute in this episode, as always. Koharu is full of cute moments too, and omg the outfits.... Goh's outfit was my absolute favourite, and then Koharu and Ash had cute ones too.

I also liked their outfits. Goh's in particular was surprisingly cool, especially for random crop-harvesting wear. Kinda wish he'd wear that again, just because he looked so good and stylish wearing it.

Maybe it was the backwards cap, which made the look rather sporty?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I love Chloe's farmer outfit as well. Actually this episode had my favorite outfits for her: the yellow jumpsuit and the newcomer farmer suit.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
You are right.

Also the one in the opposite direction reminds me of WhatsApp even if it's blue (actual whatsapp is green).

Nice easter egg and a very good catch

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
This was a standard filler but I liked it. Koharu helping the boys out was cute and so were the interactions here. But the minute I saw Go willingly give up Dugtrio I thought “the episode discussion thread must be up in flames.” I see that’s not really the case lmaoo.

RafaSceptile

Reviewing the Pokémon anime in 10 words or less:
"Boring plot episode but good character interactions"

Episode: 5/10

This was a standard filler but I liked it. Koharu helping the boys out was cute and so were the interactions here. But the minute I saw Go willingly give up Dugtrio I thought “the episode discussion thread must be up in flames.” I see that’s not really the case lmaoo.
The calm before the storm (Suicine episode)

Starswirl Pikachu

I think the episode stands up alright on its own but we already had a Diglett/ Dugtrio centered story. (I can still imagine them chanting their names repeatedly) Feels like an ok change of pace and a passable change of perspective for farming.