• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hands-On Agriculture Studies! Where is Diglett?! (1141)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1141.jpg

Hands-On Agriculture Studies! Where is Diglett?!

Ash, Goh and Chloe go visit a former student of Professor Cerise who has become a farmer. He's recently been having issues with Diglett and Dugtrio coming into his fields and causing issues so it's up to Ash, Goh and Chloe to find out what the cause is. Will they be successful?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Nice Koharu build up episode.

Dugtrio was a beast. Too bad Goh left it with Endo, but he can always evolve his own. It was a good character building moment though.

I still find it odd that Goh didn't know any of the assistants prior to episode 2 when we know he often visited Koharu and Prof. Sakuragi.

Also I wonder if Goh acting more like Ash is supposed to show that he is becoming more like him, or if the writers just decided that new straight woman Koharu means that Goh should join Ash's comedy antics.

Also Goh is officially the series designated pokedex reference-er, even though he is already familiar with them.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I really liked Chloe here, she's becoming more confident as a trainer and her skills and actually wants to travel with them now. Also I think this Eevee is officially my favorite Eevee of the series :).

nuzamaki90

This episode was specifically to test the team dynamics of the three and I’m all for it. Although it’s still a bit generic since Go mainly acts like Ash most of the time and Koharu is all “hey this is actually pretty fun” at everything, but I’m sure it’ll grow the more they travel together. I still don’t particularly care for Koharu and still don’t feel like she adds anything new to the group, let alone the show, but I’m hoping her role develop down the line.

The episode itself was decent, a pretty calm before the storm-like seeing how the next month of episodes seem pretty plot-heavy. I like that this was the first time Go has given away one of his Pokémon since before, even though he barely uses most of them, he couldn’t even muster the courage to trade his Pokémon.

Good episode, more enjoyable than I expected.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
M'girl Chloe was in the episode, instant win. Wow, Goh's Dugtrio was pretty strong for a Pokemon that had only just been captured..

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
This episode was specifically to test the team dynamics of the three and I’m all for it. Although it’s still a bit generic since Go mainly acts like Ash most of the time and Koharu is all “hey this is actually pretty fun” at everything, but I’m sure it’ll grow the more they travel together. I still don’t particularly care for Koharu and still don’t feel like she adds anything new to the group, let alone the show, but I’m hoping her role develop down the line.

The episode itself was decent, a pretty calm before the storm-like seeing how the next month of episodes seem pretty plot-heavy. I like that this was the first time Go has given away one of his Pokémon since before, even though he barely uses most of them, he couldn’t even muster the courage to trade his Pokémon.

Good episode, more enjoyable than I expected.

This is the one thing that concerns me. Ash used to be the one who operated on instinct while Goh would be the rational thinker. I actually liked when the episode brought up Koharu having agricultural knowledge from school as it kept Koharu and Goh's niche's separate.

I hope the show manages to keep each of the 3 distinct and not just have Goh be the smart one when Koharu isn't around, and then give her that position while Goh becomes Ash 2.0 in the episodes where she is around.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Healthy boys eat their vegetables.

Overall, very good episode. As usual, Journeys is at its best doing those simple episodes. I like Chloe's integration to the group. Their dynamic was functional and interesting this time. I like this lowkey arc of her slowly embracing more the idea of liking Pokémon as well as starting to share more of the boys' enthusiasm. The final part is nice way to display her growth without being too "on your face".

I'll say I was surprised they actually went with the idea of Goh giving away. I really didn't expect it but it just further shows how much he is grown. While it's true, it isn't quite the first time, since he's let Eternatus with Magnolia and Sonia, those cases don't make a fair comparison since Eternatus was causing harm in the region while Dugtrio could have simply go to the lab. I like they actually followed up the "Raboot false farewell" episode and this time actually had Goh taking into account the feelings of his pokémon before giving it away. He did the right call.

By the way, I like how despite some missteps on earlier episodes, Goh is finally starting to do more "old-school" capture and training. Using more his Pokémon to battle or assist with captures or being shown to be willing of just letting them in a place he knows they'll be happier to be.

All in all, it was a very fun episode. For Yuko Kakihara's first pokémon outing, she's done a very good job and I hope we get to see her again for more episode.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I'm hoping that Chloe at least takes Yamper with her places. I know Eevee is her first "capture" but Yamper does consider himself to be her Pokemon and who she was using prior to Eevee. I'm hoping he isn't shafted for her.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I don't know about anyone else, but I found the "Goh catching Ash" imagery to be absolutely hilarious. Ash even went "Satoooo" when the Poke Ball hit him like he was a Pokemon!

Yeah, I laughed with that one too. Very clever.

Mew29240

I'm hoping that Chloe at least takes Yamper with her places. I know Eevee is her first "capture" but Yamper does consider himself to be her Pokemon and who she was using prior to Eevee. I'm hoping he isn't shafted for her.

I'm with you on that! I feel that Yamper's getting robbed by Eevee somewhat by being Koharu's first "catch" even though he was always there. Hopefully he'll get to travel around with her, too!

KurashiDragon

Well-known Dragonite Enthusiast
So Ash, Goh, and Chloe were sent to a farm in investigate why Diglett and Dugtrio were causing issues only to find out it was Team Rocket making a stupid amount of noise to make their own crops grow which was causing the Diglett/trios to run to the farm making it a big problem. But then the reason Team Rocket was there was because they heard Ash, Goh, and Chloe were there. So um.... which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Mew29240

So Ash, Goh, and Chloe were sent to a farm in investigate why Diglett and Dugtrio were causing issues only to find out it was Team Rocket making a stupid amount of noise to make their own crops grow which was causing the Diglett/trios to run to the farm making it a big problem. But then the reason Team Rocket was there was because they heard Ash, Goh, and Chloe were there. So um.... which came first, the chicken or the egg?

I thought TRio was there for a while and Meowth was just alerting them of the twerp's being nearby?