1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Happiest moment in R/B/Y?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation I & II Discussion' started by lanternaq, Mar 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lanternaq

lanternaq Member

What was your happiest moment in the first gen games?A battle you won?A Pokemon you caught? Etc... Mine was the moment when I finally caught Mewtwo:XDem memories

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  2. Playful Latios

Playful Latios @Soul Dew

When I earned the boulder badge on yellow version without using Mankey or Nidoran's fighting moves. It was hard.

3. deoxysdude94

deoxysdude94 Just bought a Switch :D

how'd you do that?

I liked when giovanni gave up team rocket when you got the last badge. I liked that he knew when to give in.

4. Lorde

Lorde Banned

For me it was catching Mew via the Mew glitch and completing the Pokedex in Red version.

5. Playful Latios

Playful Latios @Soul Dew

I used Butterfree. It gets Confusion earlier in yellow iirc. I think I also had Pikachu at level 16 so it had Quick Attack.

6. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

Getting a complete Pokédex and training a team to level 100 in exactly 100 hours is the one thing that will always be my happiest and best moment from this generation.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  7. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

This was definitely my happiest moment as well. I wanted to own a Mew so badly that I restarted my Yellow version after learning about the glitch. I was so happy when I caught my Mew. :D

8. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie 桜咲くこの坂を今も上っている

Probably finishing the game for the very first time, or at least beating Giovanni for the last time. I had a hard time with him at the gym, so I was very happy once I beat him. Though I do remember having a hard time beating Brock my first time through, so once I beat him, I was happy about it.

9. ChloboShoka

ChloboShoka Writer

Finishing the game for the first time felt like a big achievement to me.

10. bailey.ga

bailey.ga Well-Known Member

Probably catching Mewtwo for the first time

11. boomc

boomc Member

Catching a pikachu in viridian forest, I was sad after he wasn't a starter and thought I wouldn't be able to get one

12. mellowrush

mellowrush Well-Known Member

For me it'd be in pokemon red when Charizard learned flamethrower... It's a rather specific thing to be happy for, but it made me love even more the fire wonder ^_^
    It was so powerful!

13. BonzaiBill

BonzaiBill Indestructable

For me it was when my Ivysaur evolved at level 32, compared to 36 of the other starters!

14. c1234

c1234 Trainer Since '98

When I beat the Elite Four in less than 12 hours of play time my most recent playthrough using only Blastoise.

15. CGS

CGS Shadow Lucario

Evolving Wartole with a water stone, no clue how that happened. Also catching Mew & Mewtwo.

16. c1234

c1234 Trainer Since '98

I am 100% sure that you didn't evolve Wartortle with a Water Stone. Do you have any evidence to support this claim?

17. FLAMEBOY

FLAMEBOY Well-Known Member

Actually realising there was a SAVE feature... took too many years of my infant-hood trying to figure that out.

18. Ruas

Ruas Well-Known Member

When Pikachu's love for me was at its max!

19. FLAMEBOY

FLAMEBOY Well-Known Member

dem pokemon feels :')

Ruas likes this.
  20. Teebu

Teebu Well-Known Member

Realising I could have all three starters in my team on yellow, that was one monumental day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.