• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hard Mode?

Eerie Fuwante

Wasting my time
Do you think a Pokemon game should have a Hard Mode? I think it would fit and would be a real challenge. Here are some thoughts about it:

1) Important trainers have their Pokemon matching your strongest ones level. This would make train-a-holics(like me) not have boring Gym Leader battles when they have a level 32 Pokemon and you have a level 40 one. Of course, there would be a minimum level, so you can't use a bunch of lv. 5 Pokemon on the last Gym.

2) Stronger AI, like every trainer would have an AI equal to Battle Tower trainers, which are the toughest ones.

3) No un-evolved Pokemon, so you don't have to fight a Magikarp freak with lv.25 Karps. Instead you battle a Gyrados freak.

4)Limited money: So you can't but 99 Hyper Potions for the E4.

Comments?

No. You don't get 'Hard Modes' on RPG games like this. Well as far as I know you don't. If they DID put in a hard mode surely they would double the stats of all Pokemon, lower capture rates and double experience needed to level.

Cyberbell225

Urban City Breeder
I think they should but I think thats what the Battle Frontier in Emerald is for.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
No, I don't think that something like that would work. Sure, it's an all right idea, but it'd be almost like a seperate game that the developers would have to program in there, and it's not very plausible unless they made the game much smaller.

Jordan Cleary

Rising From The Ash
I think so, make it more of a "challenge" if they did, at the beginning you choose what diffitculty you want.

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
i agree with ~*Mudkip Fanatic*~. just as long as its not as hard as Knights of the Old Republic on EASY(thats freakin hard) or Halo & Halo 2 on Legendary.

-SI-

I'm baaaaaack
I say no. It gets progressively harder, so I wouldn't be wild about it. =/

Kay

Ka-boom
Nah, I like the games as is. I play it more to relax rather than a hard challenge.

A hard mode would be nice. I only wish for it in every RPG I play >>

-Dragon-

Furret rocks
It'd be nice if there were, and as I'm sick of the crappy enemy AI.

Making them more intelligent would be nice.

Blaperile

Blaziken rules!
Maybe it's a good idea for games like Pokémon Battle Revolution, XD or Colloseum. But it's not a good idea for other games like Fire Red, Leaf Green,.....

elyvorg

somewhat backwards.
It'd be nice if there were, and as I'm sick of the crappy enemy AI.

Making them more intelligent would be nice.

I'm with you on that, but I don't think they should make a seperate Hard Mode just for that.

Bulbatordile

Who can say?
I don't hink there should be a separate hard mode, I think the main game is fine as it is, however I would like more of a challenge to be added in the later parts of the game, post-E4.
FR/LG's stronger E4 and Emerald's Gym rechallenges were along the right idea, but still became easy eventually, I'd like more stuff like that to make the game harder rather then a separate mode.e

Malachite Treecko

I want the Gym Leaders and E4s to get stronger... First Gym Leader should have her/his best Pokemon at level 20... So, hard mode would rule.