• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hard To Find Legendaries

Jordie

Bang!
In my opinion, I think there should be more hard to find legendary Pokemon. Back in R/S/E, the Regis took a lot of hunting. You had to catch two specific Pokemon (Even if you knew about them, they still can take a while to find and catch, esp. Relicanth), find the sealed chamber, translate the Braille and the find the three chambers, each of which had a puzzle. I know there have been puzzles in other games to find them, but the Regis were really cryptic. Like Giratina had the pillar puzzle, but I figured that out pretty quickly. I think it would be cool if there was another hunt like the Regis, that takes way more searching than they did.

~CallOfTheIndie~

Now on vinyl
I personally had trouble finding the legendary beasts in FR/LG. I never caught Entei in FR, never found Suicune in LG. They should bring back the difficulty of finding roaming legends.

SoulFang

Wolf Lover
Yeah, it is pretty fun having more of a challenge, I would love to see more puzzles in the games!

...But I still haven't gotten the Regis. I got Wailord and Relicanth, but it still didn't work for me. D:

Jordie

Bang!
@SoulFang Did you go to the Sealed Chamber with Relicanth and Wailord in the correct spots?

Ver-mont

Roaming legendaries are the hardest to find. Even though the Regis require intrincate methods, you know where to find them and what to do; with the roaming ones, you never know, and they flee quickly.

Scaldaver

Limitless
Yes, I was so excited to discover the Regis. Same for Rayquaza - there was no hint to it in R/S, so when I discovered it my mind was blown. I also liked figruing out how the floor there worked - at one time I was sure I had to use Brick Break on the rocks!

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Roaming legendaries are the hardest to find. Even though the Regis require intrincate methods, you know where to find them and what to do; with the roaming ones, you never know, and they flee quickly.

Not really. Most games will give you some method of tracking them, and you can catch them pretty easily in 4th/5th Gens by abusing Quick Balls on top of 1 HP/Sleep.

(·-·)(o_O)

oh hai there
I completely agree with that. I really want to see more hard legends to find, the regis in R/S/E were one of the best hunts to me but the roaming ones are kinda repetetive. All you need for roaming ones are attack,attack,attack,quick ball and a good sense of guessing where they go next

Moonrox

Shaymin Enthusiast
Don't forget Regirocks minor puzzle in b2 and w2. Not the same, but its something.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I like the legendaries the way they are now

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
I like the legendaries the way they are now

Well, yeah, but they're always easy to get. Where's the fun in catching a legendary if you don't really work that much to get it?

I think they should have things like the Regis from R/S/E. That was fun for me to do, and I was really proud of myself for solving the puzzles and battling them, and it would be fun for Nintendo to bring that back to the games.

darthscyther123

I enjoy puzzle legendaries far more than roaming ones. Roaming pokemon can easily be found by a lv39 pokemon and a repel. Puzzles can be challenging and are more rewarding.

blue8arman

Castform Fanatic
The Regis puzzle in RSE were fun even its hard.I wish they make some in future remakes or sequels of games.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Yes, the Regi puzzle were the one they put the most effort in, imo.