• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hardest captures in the safari zone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverlight

Retro Gamer
What was your hardest capture in the safari zone.

It took me forever to get syther and dratini but when a chansey appeared I caught it first try :eek:. Still have yet to catch a Tauros.

Last edited:

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Oh god. TAUROS. I still can't catch hat B**ch. 1% and flees after one turn.

Chansey's not hard. I catch it about 30% of the time.

Seth pkmn

Scyther,chansey,Dragonair.
yes, you can find Dragonair there.
I believe.

Silverlight

Retro Gamer
Yeah, that is correct. Dragonair has a 1 to 4% chance of appearing I think while Dratini has up to a 15% chance of appearing.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

That darn chansey took me forever to catch. Up to this day.

swiftswimmers24

Karp Apprentice
IT TOOK ME FOREVER (not really, about 2 hours) TO GET A CHANSEY WITH A LUCKY EGG.
stupid dragonair. it flees after a single turn after you hunt it for like, forever.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
Fu*king Scyther! The uncertainty of throwing a rock or a ball, gimmer of hope when the poke ball is wobbling and utter despair when it fless is the life of me running into a wild Scyther. Never caught one :(

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
Hardest are definitely the following: Chansey, Tauros, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Scyther and Dratini. Man, they're super hard to catch and they always flee after the first turn, especially Chansey. I can never catch those guys which is why I never go to Safari Zone. Why do they have to make things so hard? :(

Silverlight

Retro Gamer
Alot of luck is involved at times. I found a Scyther in an area where it only has 1 percent chance of finding it and I caught it first try not even using bait or anything. Right after that I found a chansey and caught it first try too! The only one I wasn't able to get was Tauros, and I traded with a friend who really wanted the Chansey, we both got eggs for the pokemon and traded them back.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I'm not sure, I didn't go into the Safari Zone a lot. As far as I know, it's slightly easier to catch a Pokémon in the remakes than in the original ("You missed the Pokémon!"), but I think the rarest Pokémon like Tauros, Chansey, and Kangaskhan are the hardest to capture, mainly because of the catch rate.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Kanghaskan, Dratini, Dragonair, I can catch those no problem, but Tauros, Chansey, and Scyther....Why u no get into the pokeball?!
LOL

JhenMohranMH3

Random Art Guy
TAUROS!!!! The last one i needed to complete the first 150 of the pokedex on leaf green. Gave up after a while due to only seeing it about 5 times.
I found kangaskhan pretty hard as well.
Only seen dragonair once.

your_worst_nightmare

Pokerman Master
i had the most trouble with kangaskhan, chansey, and dratini. >.<

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It took me hours to track down a Tauros in LeafGreen version, and then several days to actually capture one. I've also had a tough time capturing Chansey and Kangaskhan.

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Chansey....I have never caught one....ever.

Kall El

..Silence..
Has to be Dratini for me, I didn't bother with Tauros/Kangashan but can imagine them beind difficult too.
But back to Dratini, that was such a difficult Poke to catch, took time but was worth it in the end.
And no, I would rather catch one then buy it from the Celadon, thanks :]

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Kanghaskan, he's the only one i've never caught

Status
Not open for further replies.